Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Weird--posted in the wrong place.
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Confession: I am going to go home now and snuggle the crap out of my cat (even though she HATES it) after all this pet heartbreak.

Jealous! :'( give your kitty an extra squeeze for me.

IMG_20150520_181233390.jpg
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    One of my best friends is an only child and she turned out terrific. Very, very intelligent, witty, and mature. I don't think being an only child makes you damaged at all. I do love my siblings, though... even if sometimes I compare myself to my sister and feel inadequate :lol: (she's beautiful and has the most gorgeous singing voice).

I feel you there- by the way I'm the brunette in my picture- the blonde is my sister. She is GORGEOUS it's not even funny. Love her to death but sometimes get so jealous of her haha. I know what you mean though!

I don't think it's damaging to only have one kid but I'm one of five and I can't imagine not having tons of siblings they're my best friends <3

You are gorgeous too!

Wish I was closer with my siblings. I have two younger brothers. One is in the Army, stationed in Germany, and is married with kids so I don't talk to him very often. The other is a mess and the only time he calls is to ask for money, which I stopped giving to him over ten years ago.

I have 2 younger brothers, neither one of which I am close with, all because of the huge age gap. There's 8.5 and 7.5 yrs between us and I was basically a 2nd mom, which I resented. I remember how much I hated being an only child until they came, and then I got stuck taking care of them a lot.

My family is like that- brother is 30, I'm 29, sister is 23, brother is 20 and other brother is 17 so the last two are quite far in age from my brother and I. But now that we're all older and the two brothers will be 21 and 18 this year we've all become very close!

My confession is I love my boyfriend and we're talking about me moving to the UK next year but I'm super nervous to be that far from my family and it's just a HUGE committment and so different and scary!

Purely out of curiosity, is there a preference for you to go there over him coming here? Not that I don't think being an American in the UK would be more exciting than a Brit in Ohio. ;)

We've talked about him coming here- it would make more sense financially for him since I think he could earn more here and the cost of living is lower here but he's never been far from family or friends and has a tight pack of "mates" that I couldn't ask him to leave. Plus he's more shy and reserved and while I don't think he'd have a problem making friends I think it could be more difficult. I have friends all over the states but here in Ohio it's just my one best friend and then my family so I don't have a huge tight knit close group of girls I'd be leaving. I've lived away from home before so I know what it's like to really be on my own (never abroad, but far enough where I didn't see my family but once a year). I think I would find friends easier over there because I'm much more out going, I'm loud, I love meeting new people, and I love talking to people. Still it makes me nervous though :#

Sorry about the novel- nothing is set in stone but I think we're leaning towards me going there in the future!
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,483 Member
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    riinbale wrote: »
    I have been reading this and i feel sad for you :( People, i know what it is like to count calories and binge eat and how it feels later. But going on a low carb diet made it all go away. No more longing for "something good" and no more going to five different stores to find the right kind of ice cream. I just dont want these anymore and i am happy with eating low carb food. And my health has never been better :)

I quite enjoyed this while eating my whole-wheat crust pizza and will read it again while eating my fat free Dreyers yogurt blend ice cream.

And post a loss at tomorrow's weigh in.

I ate a mess of bacon, eggs fried in butter, multiple coffees with HWC and beef brisket yesterday. I showed a 2lb loss this morning. Shocking!

Your post is every bit as passive-agressively douchey as the one you quoted :disappointed:

Yes, that was judgmental.

please.jpg

>:) No hard feelings, just better not to feed the trolls. We all have our own ways (weighs, yes, bad pun) of achieving our goals. I try to ignore the zealots generally.

No worries - I just have a huge problem with lo-carb/Atkins, as I tried it once. Dropped about 30lbs, but it was completely unsustainable & I was even heavier when it was all said & done!

There's only one solution, CICO blah blah blah and so on and so forth

I really enjoy my lack of carbs, but that is, of course, personal preference. Clearly, for you, it was unsustainable, and there's nothing wrong with that.

I certainly don't believe low-carb to be magic and I eat this way while also adhering to CICO, because science.

*cheers*

• LBuehrle8
    Options
    Ok...my confession.....I've drank maple syrup right from the bottle. It seems a shame to water it down with pancakes.

I've never done this but have seriously considered asking if I may have some pancakes with my syrup at restaurants haha. I am on that just loads it on there has to be tons of syrup because there's nothing worse in my opinion than dry pancakes, waffles, or french toast!
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    I need to say something that will lighten the heavy feeling I have today. The weather is NOT helping either.

In just over 6 weeks, my husband and I will be jetting down to Florida for a VERY belated honeymoon. I could NOT be more excited if I tried. I am also extremely nervous and anxious about the whole thing. I really don't know what to expect and that's very thrilling and nerve wracking at the same time. I'm excited to wear my new swimsuit and sun hat I just bought this weekend. It's very chic. I just need to get some cute maxi dresses and a cute swimsuit cover up to wear on the beach. I could also use some helpful tips about traveling by plane.

Thanks!

Dallas is a decent sized airport - you can totally shop there. The 'D' terminal has the best/nicest shops (I lived in Lubbock, TX for a few years and all my flights would connect in Dallas. I spent a lot of time in the Dallas airport.) Depending on your airline, you may be provided with NOTHING for free food/drink wise so make sure you have snacks/beverages with you when you board - purchase beverages once you are through security. Know the TSA regulations and give yourself plenty of time to get through baggage/security. Enjoy your flight and honeymoon!
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    Ahh, my first MFP eaten post. @MoHousdon - go to the D terminal for shopping in Dallas and bring your own snacks (beverages purchased after security) was the basic jist of my message. Enjoy your flight and honeymoon!
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    Ok...my confession.....I've drank maple syrup right from the bottle. It seems a shame to water it down with pancakes.

I've never done this but have seriously considered asking if I may have some pancakes with my syrup at restaurants haha. I am on that just loads it on there has to be tons of syrup because there's nothing worse in my opinion than dry pancakes, waffles, or french toast!

...I love dry (previously) frozen waffles. I toast two up every morning and eat them like big, fluffy cookies.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    ptkat28 wrote: »
    My only confession on here is that I have strictly went by the book! I have had a few drinks, but it was in my caloric intake, so it was ok. My only problem is that I am NOT eating back my burned calories for exercise! I know, that could be a bad thing! But with what I am eating during the day, I am not hungry for anything else! I am only 5 ft tall, and have a small bone structure. I have lost approx 30 lbs and need to lose 80 more. I am still new at this and need to know if I need to change anything in my profile! I am eating 1000 calories a day, MFP goal was 1000-1200. Since I had so much to lose, I have been hitting the 1000 mark. I have also upped my exercise to 2 hours a day doing continual dancing. No breaks! This is not my first time on the roller coaster weight loss thing! I have lost 100 lb at least 2 almost 3 times. I want this to be my last and make this my life change since I am 45. The smallest I have been was 118 lb. I wore a size 2 or 5 at the time. Sorry this "confession" turned into my life story! Any advice would be helpful :)

I know we're not supposed to judge posts, but please be kind to your body! Since you asked for advice then I would say to do it sustainably by eating a decent amount & exercising less or with breaks. Think of weight loss as a marathon & not a 100 yard dash. Also since you have more to lose you can get away with eating more & not starving yourself by eating around 1,000 calories. If you don't weigh your food you could be eating more than 1,000 calories & not realizing. My biggest suggestion would be to get a food scale & weigh in grams & ounces & to at least try to net 1,200.
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    I decided to try the stationary bike at the gym today.... it was almost successful in murdering my butt. I thought the stationary bike was going to be easy after 40 minutes of stairmaster, but nope!!! They need to invest in some comfy seats so my tush can stop screaming at me.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    All this talk about Kit Kats is making me want some. I was never a fan of them... don't really like wafer candy. However, these chunky Kit Kats sound really good. Massive fan of peanut butter and chocolate!

All the chunky kit kat is just making me want a Chunky - not even sure they still make them?

They do still make them! I know at least a local restaurant chain, La Rosa's, usually has them in their restaurants. :smile:
    Confession: I wish I lived with somesomeone who could help me plan meals better. My meals for the week don't even total 1100 calories.

I always think it looks like a lot of food, until I see the numbers and they're really low. :confused:

Your diary seems good to me? Looks like you get a lot of vegetables. On the days you do a lot of running you could make a smoothie & put some higher calorie stuff in like peanut butter, banana, or w/e strikes your fancy.

And thanks. I think my diary would look better if I were trying to lose weight, but I'm actually five pounds below my goal weight and underweight according to my BMI. I need to gain weight or at least maintain, but the thought of gaining weight freaks me out.
    Confession: I wish I lived with somesomeone who could help me plan meals better. My meals for the week don't even total 1100 calories.

I always think it looks like a lot of food, until I see the numbers and they're really low. :confused:

Total? Or each? I'm confused. If it is total, please buy a food scale and start weighing your food. In fact, even if it is each meal, please buy a food scale and measure your food. Not judging - concerned.

It's just around 1100 each day for the week before exercise (I eat the same thing all week since I make my meals on Sunday). This weekend I didn't have time to get too involved with the cooking as I was in Cleveland, OH (three hours away) for a 5k and a half marathon, and by the time I got home on Sunday, I just went with what would be easy.

And I do weigh my food. My food scale is like my right arm in the kitchen. And thanks for your concern!

I get you on being scared of gaining weight. I usually eat around 2000-2300 & constantly wonder if I will gain weight eating the amount I do. For the most part I hover around 153-157 but I haven't weighed for a few weeks since having a mini binge.

Have you ever inputted your activity level on a site like Scooby's where you could get an estimate on how many calories you burn a day?

You could also read some of the threads in the gaining weight section to get some helpful hints.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    It is taking everything in me to hold myself together.. Next Friday will be the one year anniversary of my Mom's death. Somehow it still hasn't hit me as being real...like, I know she's gone, but something in me just will not accept it. I don't know how to move on. It doesn't help that 15 days after losing her, my 15 year old dog(my first "child") died. The past year has just been a giant roller coaster. I have never been an angry person and have never turned to food for comfort until all of this. I have thought so many times about going to speak to someone...but I just can't bring myself to do it.
    I have been lurking this thread from day one..keeping up every day... and I am overwhelmed by all the support you show each other and the friendships that have formed. I feel like I've gotten to know you all through all of your confessions/comments/advice/jokes...and I can relate to so many of you. I guess I felt I could let it all out here.

Sigh...

I'm sorry for your losses, I would be a wreck as well. I don't think you need to worry about "moving on", because I don't believe there's such a thing in this case. There isn't a way to stop missing someone that has passed away. I think it's more of a "learning to cope" kind of thing (I hope that makes sense...).

Right now you are using food to cope - is there something else you could try (if you are concerned about it, that is)? If you aren't ready to talk to someone (although here is a good start) have you tried writing in a journal? Or just writing a story of some kind? I have a hard time writing about myself, but I do like to write fiction, and my emotions tend to come out in there. Or you could try painting, or exercising, or some other hobby that can redirect your feelings?

You're in my thoughts, and there are lots of people that are willing to listen, when you're ready to talk :)

Thank you! And thank you to the others who have responded.
    Everyone says it gets better/easier with time. I know it's only been one year...but I just can't see how it can get better...
    As far as the emotional eating...it's not all the time. It's mostly the days I'm just feeling extra lonely. I'm a SAHM and it's usually when my husband is at work/son is napping or husband is working late/after our son has gone to bed when I just have time to sit and think. It's just like my mind gets the best of me. I do work out (maybe a little too much) as a way to relieve stress...it's really the only time I get to listen to my music (in the car, my son gets "his" music) and that helps.

• nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,483 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    Caught up!

I'm not too worried about this parenting thing. I'm worried about the nitty, grittiness of sleep deprivation and exhaustion that comes with the early days, but beyond ensuring the kid's physical well-being, I feel like the actual 'parenting' part will be okay. I'm a decent person. My husband is a decent person. My parents were decent people and my siblings and I turned out fine. Not a lot of drama, not a lot of scares and we all put up with one another to varying degrees. Sure I expect there will be arguments and frustrations and bumps in the road, but I'm not aiming for perfection as I think that probably doesn't exist.

Am I being too blasé about the whole thing?!

Nah. I will say though that based on nothing but my time on pregnancy message boards (tip: do not go to a pregnancy message board, the craziest people spend all day there) most first babies seem to be easy. That's how they trick you into having another one. My oldest was the easiest baby in the world. I found myself thinking "why do people complain about this?". Five years later when I had my daughter, I found out how bad it could be. My daughter has also taught me to be a lot less judgmental about parenting styles. I parented her in the same general way as my son, and she is ?

I feel this exact way about my 4th child. She can be so sweet sometimes, but EVERYTHING is a damned battle with her. I cannot possibly convey how mule-obstinate she can be about the smallest things. It doesn't help that the older three (one of whom has to share a room with her) have figured out how to trigger her demon rages.

All her teachers love her though, so I am occasionally "grateful" she saves her insanity for her father and I mostly.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    I'm totally judging all this mint nonsense. Mint and chocolate do not belong together!
    Except here...
    307x00av17gn.jpg

*drool* I once had the idea to bake brownies by doing the following:

A. Spread half the brownie batter in the pan
    B. Cover the batter with a single layer of these beauties
    C. Spread the other half of the batter on top
    D. Layer them across the top

Sadly, when I went to put my idea into action, I couldn't find them at ANY of the supermarkets. Ugh.

OH MY GOD! You had me, I really want to know what happens. You must do it! I think they are mostly around at Christmas time.

I'm doing it. I'm going to hunt them down now and I'm going to do it...

Do it, do it! I NEED to know how this turns out. ;) I should hunt for them too....

http://lilluna.com/eggless-cookie-dough/?utm_source=feedburner&amp;utm_medium=email&amp;utm_campaign=Feed:+lilluna/isXQ+(Lil'+Luna+-+All+Things+Good)

I made this recipe tonight & had 10 grams of it since that's all I could fit in my diary for today haha. Very sweet, but so much better than the mock chickpea dough even though that was still pretty decent.

When I REALLY want cookie dough, I make the real thing, raw eggs and all. ;) I tried out the mock one when I came across it because I was hoping it would be a lower calorie alternative--It wasn't, though! I could have had 3.5 cookies' worth of real dough for the same amount of calories, and the amount wasn't much more than that would be. And it tasted nothing like cookie dough *sobsob*

That's some SERIOUSLY amazing willpower. I could never stick to ten grams of cookie dough, whether it fit in my diary or not! ;) I'd probably eat half the dough...

This recipe is pretty normal & not the one that has chickpeas. I ate around 100 grams tonight but didn't put any chocolate chips in.

I am glad I didn't make it around my period, because I would've ate the whole batch before it was even chilled.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    I decided to try the stationary bike at the gym today.... it was almost successful in murdering my butt. I thought the stationary bike was going to be easy after 40 minutes of stairmaster, but nope!!! They need to invest in some comfy seats so my tush can stop screaming at me.

That's the main thing keeping me from getting a bike. Mix a Lot wrote a song about it once...
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    Sigh. I thought we were doing so well since we have half a dozen flavours of Russell Stover eggs here... and now I find out there are more and better varieties in other parts of the world.

Please, nobody tell me there is a pumpkin Russell Stover egg (although that would be a weird juxtaposition of Easter and Thanksgiving) or I'll be on Amazon hunting the damned things down. :o
    I was able to find this. I don't believe there's a pumpkin egg for Easter.

And red velvet too!

I've never seen either of those here.

Russell Stover also has these amazing S'More bars that come out around Summertime.

th?id=JN.o13pFgqmiHiYiynDkZFasg&pid=15.1&P=0
  • laura_seeley
    laura_seeley Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Confession: I get really really excited when I poop before breakfast.

Haha awesome! I get really excited if I poop at all.
  • overlook237
    overlook237 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Sigh. I thought we were doing so well since we have half a dozen flavours of Russell Stover eggs here... and now I find out there are more and better varieties in other parts of the world.

Please, nobody tell me there is a pumpkin Russell Stover egg (although that would be a weird juxtaposition of Easter and Thanksgiving) or I'll be on Amazon hunting the damned things down. :o
    I was able to find this. I don't believe there's a pumpkin egg for Easter.

And red velvet too!

I've never seen either of those here.

Russell Stover also has these amazing S'More bars that come out around Summertime.

th?id=JN.o13pFgqmiHiYiynDkZFasg&pid=15.1&P=0

I bought one of these on Sunday when it was kind of hot here. It got all melty so when I ate it, it was amazing! I love Russell Stover stuff so much, especially all of the different kinds of egg flavors they do around Easter. I think I tried them all and can't wait for the next holiday! Also fantastic (if you're a caramel fan) are the Caramel Apple Big Bites either garnished with chocolate drizzle or chopped peanuts. I must've eaten about 20 of them this past autumn :)
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    Oh no why do you do this to me? Looks so delicious my mouth is watering :(
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    ^ I AGREE! I'm having mad cravings for chocolate. My Dominican Republic trip is coming up soon, guys! Don't make me throw myself into a pool of chocolate and peanut butter and cookie dough and... :cry: So many yummy things in this world.