Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Rabbit914
    Rabbit914 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »

I had a C-section after 27 hours of labor and only getting to a 4 1/2. I didn't want to do the whole birth thing again. I loved being pregnant, if I could just do that and someone else could HAVE the babies, I'd sign up for that.

I feel the same way. 18 hours of labor, never getting past 4 cm and needing a C-section. Other than that part, I loved every second of being pregnant. If I still had a uterus I would be pregnant for other women who couldn't (plus it was the one time I had an excuse to be overweight and I was totally cool with it)

• nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    IAmTheGlue wrote: »
    spamarie wrote: »
    Caught up!

I'm not too worried about this parenting thing. I'm worried about the nitty, grittiness of sleep deprivation and exhaustion that comes with the early days, but beyond ensuring the kid's physical well-being, I feel like the actual 'parenting' part will be okay. I'm a decent person. My husband is a decent person. My parents were decent people and my siblings and I turned out fine. Not a lot of drama, not a lot of scares and we all put up with one another to varying degrees. Sure I expect there will be arguments and frustrations and bumps in the road, but I'm not aiming for perfection as I think that probably doesn't exist.

Am I being too blasé about the whole thing?!

I'm not caught up yet but I think you are perfectly sane with your idea of parenting. The parenting part is easy. The exhaustion is the hard part in those early days but you'll do fabulous! :)

I have 4 wonderful children and I think that having kids is awesome. ...minus the sleep deprivation. My 3 older children are from my first marriage and my youngest son is from my current husband.

I have very simple rules. You can be whoever you are. Absolute unconditional love for that... I always tell my kids to just be whoever you are. I already got to make my choices. This life is theirs and the only person they have to make happy is themselves. To me it's super important that they are confident in my undying love and support for them as I have a 13 year old daughter who's struggling to come out.... and her actual father is a homophobe who helicopter parents. I have custody but he's always blowing up my phone about everything. Ugh.

Anyway, my only real rule is that my house must be a sanctuary for everyone. No violence. That means no brothers smacking each other, pushing, whatever. ..no violence. I have a really strong belief that your home must be safe.

I'm struggling to go to college (at 38) and my parenting confession is: I wish I waited to have kids and went up school first. Maybe not really but it is sooooo hard to go to school when you're the glue. Literally, I feel like the glue that's holding everything together.

I love my family but I should have went to college after high school. It would have been so much easier. I'm super tired all the time.

It is HARD. I cried and asked myself what I was doing many time but please keep on it. You'll get there!

Good for you on supporting your kids too. I agree. My mom is still disappointed in me because I'm not a mini-her.I Encourage my kids to find their own path, find their own way. I hope your daughter feels confidence from your support.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    Mmmmm.... cookie dough. I made sour cream cookies not long ago and the raw dough was so much better than the baked cookies. I do love cookies though, especially soft and slightly gooey ones. Harder ones... not so much... but I'LL STILL EAT THEM!

I'm actually super-picky about the "perfect" texture of the cookies that I love (slightly crispy on the outside but not to the point where it's even a little bit crunchy, soft and chewy on the inside with just the right amount of gooeyness in the middle... mmmm), but I'd still eat pretty much any cookie that's placed in front of me. I mean, like, dude... It's a COOKIE! ;) I'm trying to learn to save my calories for the GOOD stuff that I feel is worth the calories, but it's pretty hard to NOT eat something that's placed in front of me, to be honest.

As for cookie dough... My most favorite cookie dough to eat raw is peanut butter cookie dough. I can't decide which one I like better, the baked cookies or the raw dough...
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Another rather lame confession: I haven't the slightest idea what to do with my hair. I haven't had short hair since I was a baby just starting to grow it. I wish I had the courage to chop it up or do something with it, but I'm just scared of making it look worse. It's extremely wavy (and in my opinion, not the good kind of wavy!!!) and hard to manage, so I just straighten it all the time to make it easier for me to deal with, at least. It also wants to always be parted in the middle. I went to see a hair stylist last year and she told me that my hair was "refusing to be parted down the side." Dumb hair.

My sister has experimented with all kinds of cuts and colors (well, all shades of red), and I wish I could be more like her. For some reason I'm just too scared.

Have you ever tried a diffuser on your hair and do you use gel?
    I looked up diffusers- they go on the end of blowdryers? I always let my hair dry naturally, and never use gel either :tongue: No gel, hairspray, or anything... though I probably should get something to protect my hair from the heat when I straighten it.

There are times I like my hair, like when I wake up and think I have ok looking waves for once. The bad thing is I can't brush my hair lest it turn into a frizzy mess. Someone on Facebook actually shared an image that shows what it's like for me. Before brushing and after brushing:

rw8u5to7mp70.jpg

Before I started straightening my hair, I had a friend who would always ask me why I never brushed my hair. I WAS brushing my hair, but it was coming out looking like the picture on the right!!! (but worse) :tired_face:

Ugh. My hair is EXACTLY the same. Isn't it annoying?! I just don't brush it... Then if I do, I immediately braid it down my back. End of drama. ;)

agreed - don't brush it. I am a fan of the Marc Anthony Stricly Curls products. I use hair cream and the spray on towel dried hair. If it is nice and warm out I will just let it air dry even w/o combing it from the shower. If it is yucky and cold out (i.e. winter), I will use the diffuser. I just don't have the time anymore to flat iron it everyday.

the only time I will brush it is right before bed and then it turns into a bit of an afro.

But don't you get tangled? My hair gets horribly tangled all over if I don't brush it...

Confession - I HATE the Facebook MFP page. Always posting recipes that are 'only 200 calories' with ridiculous serving sizes (like half a sandwich). Pisses me off! Seriously who eats half a sandwich???

i keep my hair really short and any knots can be combed out with a pick and then the brush. I used to have long hair but my hair is so thick and heavy that it ended up in ponytail 99% of the time by 7:30 a.m. I also miss being near water. Whenever we vacation to somewhere such as San Fran, Seattle, or Chicago, the humidity just makes it so curly that it looks so much better (nevermind making my skin feel amazing!). Stupid dry climate.

I loved being in Seattle a couple summers ago. My hair curled so nicely, and I didn't have to use hand lotion once all week. Much better than the dry, cracked skin I get here!
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    eMka11 wrote: »
    I am really upset this morning because my degu is dying, I am sure of it now.....he has almost completely stopped eating and now his fur is falling out.....I was up at 4am hand feeding him corn flakes but have to leave for work now and am terrified he is going to die by himself in his cage while I am not home....I can't stop crying......its gonna be a long day, or few days, every time I have to leave the house.....

so sorry to read this :( it must be hard for you. Hugs!

I really had no idea how difficult it is to deal with a loss of your pet until today - previously we had a dog when I was a teenager and it was put to sleep when I was already moved out of the family home and at uni so it did not get to me as much as it could. This morning I have taken our rabbit pet to be euthanised as Blackie broke his leg over the weekend; they suggested amputation last night during the consultation, but with his age and some other health issues we decided it would be kinder to put him to sleep. I was an emotional mess when I arrived at the clinic and had to kick myself hard afterwards to be able to drive back home. I couldn't face going to work today and spent the day at home finding distractions so I don't have to think about it.

So sorry :disappointed:

Sorry about your rabbit!
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to thank everyone for their posts and stories about having kids/not having kids/becoming a parent when it wasn't planned/fence sitting/etc. As someone who is on the fence I am amazed at all the different perspectives and all of this dialogue has definitely given me something to think about. Thank you so much.
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    It is taking everything in me to hold myself together.. Next Friday will be the one year anniversary of my Mom's death. Somehow it still hasn't hit me as being real...like, I know she's gone, but something in me just will not accept it. I don't know how to move on. It doesn't help that 15 days after losing her, my 15 year old dog(my first "child") died. The past year has just been a giant roller coaster. I have never been an angry person and have never turned to food for comfort until all of this. I have thought so many times about going to speak to someone...but I just can't bring myself to do it.
    I have been lurking this thread from day one..keeping up every day... and I am overwhelmed by all the support you show each other and the friendships that have formed. I feel like I've gotten to know you all through all of your confessions/comments/advice/jokes...and I can relate to so many of you. I guess I felt I could let it all out here.

Sigh...

Glad you finally joined in! Sorry you have had such a heartbreaking year. Please talk to someone. (Hugs)

Welcome and so sorry you are going through this.

• LH85DC
    LH85DC Posts: 231 Member
    Options

I put conditioner in my hair during my shower in the morning and run a pick through it after rinsing, but that's all the "brushing" that I do. Didn't actually own a brush until I had my son...my hubby shaves his head so he had no need for one either.

Yes- I wash my hair every three days or so with a sulfate free shampoo, the other days I just condition and rinse. No brushes at all! Just a wide tooth comb for me.

New confession- I really wanted to be caught up on this thread, so I procrastinated making my speaking notes all morning. I hate public speaking, so I was feeling pretty unprepared and nervous when I got to my event. But I got lucky! The opening speaker was late, and then went way over their time, so I didn't have to speak nearly as long as I thought I would have to. Got the main points in, and didn't have to answer any tricky follow-up questions for which I didn't have answers (since I never finished my notes). I call that a success! but not a model I should probably rely on in the future...
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    Another rather lame confession: I haven't the slightest idea what to do with my hair. I haven't had short hair since I was a baby just starting to grow it. I wish I had the courage to chop it up or do something with it, but I'm just scared of making it look worse. It's extremely wavy (and in my opinion, not the good kind of wavy!!!) and hard to manage, so I just straighten it all the time to make it easier for me to deal with, at least. It also wants to always be parted in the middle. I went to see a hair stylist last year and she told me that my hair was "refusing to be parted down the side." Dumb hair.

My sister has experimented with all kinds of cuts and colors (well, all shades of red), and I wish I could be more like her. For some reason I'm just too scared.

I looked up diffusers- they go on the end of blowdryers? I always let my hair dry naturally, and never use gel either :tongue: No gel, hairspray, or anything... though I probably should get something to protect my hair from the heat when I straighten it.

There are times I like my hair, like when I wake up and think I have ok looking waves for once. The bad thing is I can't brush my hair lest it turn into a frizzy mess. Someone on Facebook actually shared an image that shows what it's like for me. Before brushing and after brushing:

rw8u5to7mp70.jpg

Before I started straightening my hair, I had a friend who would always ask me why I never brushed my hair. I WAS brushing my hair, but it was coming out looking like the picture on the right!!! (but worse) :tired_face:

Ugh. My hair is EXACTLY the same. Isn't it annoying?! I just don't brush it... Then if I do, I immediately braid it down my back. End of drama. ;)

agreed - don't brush it. I am a fan of the Marc Anthony Stricly Curls products. I use hair cream and the spray on towel dried hair. If it is nice and warm out I will just let it air dry even w/o combing it from the shower. If it is yucky and cold out (i.e. winter), I will use the diffuser. I just don't have the time anymore to flat iron it everyday.

the only time I will brush it is right before bed and then it turns into a bit of an afro.

But don't you get tangled? My hair gets horribly tangled all over if I don't brush it...

Confession - I HATE the Facebook MFP page. Always posting recipes that are 'only 200 calories' with ridiculous serving sizes (like half a sandwich). Pisses me off! Seriously who eats half a sandwich???

i keep my hair really short and any knots can be combed out with a pick and then the brush. I used to have long hair but my hair is so thick and heavy that it ended up in ponytail 99% of the time by 7:30 a.m. I also miss being near water. Whenever we vacation to somewhere such as San Fran, Seattle, or Chicago, the humidity just makes it so curly that it looks so much better (nevermind making my skin feel amazing!). Stupid dry climate.

I loved being in Seattle a couple summers ago. My hair curled so nicely, and I didn't have to use hand lotion once all week. Much better than the dry, cracked skin I get here!

Interestingly, being brought up in Oman (super hot, really DRY heat sort of climate), I never had problems... But after getting married and moving to the coast of Saudi Arabia (where it's really, really humid), I now get a painfully dry nose and constant nosebleeds from the dryness whenever I go back home to visit.
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    Confession: I am going to go home now and snuggle the crap out of my cat (even though she HATES it) after all this pet heartbreak.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    I need to say something that will lighten the heavy feeling I have today. The weather is NOT helping either.

In just over 6 weeks, my husband and I will be jetting down to Florida for a VERY belated honeymoon. I could NOT be more excited if I tried. I am also extremely nervous and anxious about the whole thing. I really don't know what to expect and that's very thrilling and nerve wracking at the same time. I'm excited to wear my new swimsuit and sun hat I just bought this weekend. It's very chic. I just need to get some cute maxi dresses and a cute swimsuit cover up to wear on the beach. I could also use some helpful tips about traveling by plane.

Thanks!

• spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    I ate ice cream for dinner once last week, and I'm about to do it again.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I need to say something that will lighten the heavy feeling I have today. The weather is NOT helping either.

In just over 6 weeks, my husband and I will be jetting down to Florida for a VERY belated honeymoon. I could NOT be more excited if I tried. I am also extremely nervous and anxious about the whole thing. I really don't know what to expect and that's very thrilling and nerve wracking at the same time. I'm excited to wear my new swimsuit and sun hat I just bought this weekend. It's very chic. I just need to get some cute maxi dresses and a cute swimsuit cover up to wear on the beach. I could also use some helpful tips about traveling by plane.

Thanks!
    Excited for you! How long is the flight? Have you never flown before?
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    I am really upset this morning because my degu is dying, I am sure of it now.....he has almost completely stopped eating and now his fur is falling out.....I was up at 4am hand feeding him corn flakes but have to leave for work now and am terrified he is going to die by himself in his cage while I am not home....I can't stop crying......its gonna be a long day, or few days, every time I have to leave the house.....
    I'm so sorry to hear about your baby!! :( Losing an animal is no joke... they're not just an ''animal,'' but a family member. I'm sure you have been terrific to him and the little guy has had an amazing degu life.
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    One of my best friends is an only child and she turned out terrific. Very, very intelligent, witty, and mature. I don't think being an only child makes you damaged at all. I do love my siblings, though... even if sometimes I compare myself to my sister and feel inadequate :lol: (she's beautiful and has the most gorgeous singing voice).

I feel you there- by the way I'm the brunette in my picture- the blonde is my sister. She is GORGEOUS it's not even funny. Love her to death but sometimes get so jealous of her haha. I know what you mean though!

I don't think it's damaging to only have one kid but I'm one of five and I can't imagine not having tons of siblings they're my best friends <3
    I think you're both gorgeous! You two have some striking eyes going on :smiley:
    BZAH10 wrote: »

rw8u5to7mp70.jpg

No, you cannot brush curly hair! Your friend clearly did not know what she was talking about.

And, instead of coloring your hair have you ever considered getting a clear gloss? It doesn't change your color but it adds some body and weight to the hair. Naturally curly hair is a whole different animal and takes practice to see what works for you.
    A clear gloss sounds awesome! I should probaby stop straightening my hair... I can't even imagine the damage I'm doing to it. When I last went to visit my mom she told me that she likes my hair curly and gave me some gel to use while I was there. I'd like to experiment with my hair but I'm always afraid of messing it up further. It also tangles like mad :tongue:

I do LOVE the feeling of getting my hair played with/styled/washed. Anyone in the same boat?
    My mom had to comb and fix my hair after my car accident because I couldn't use my right shoulder and I loved it.
    Sorry about your car accident! At least some good came out of it, hahaha! My mom loves playing with my hair, and I'm not about to stop her. Apparently I hated people touching my hair when I was little and went to school with a rat's nest on my head because of this. Now I love it though.... I wish my boyfriend loved playing with hair, but from my experience it has only been girls :neutral:

Thank you, you are so sweet!
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options

rw8u5to7mp70.jpg

Yes, when I go back to drizzly England to visit, my hair and skin are like sponges and everything plumps up nicely. That's until I get back to Alberta and dry up like a neglected houseplant.

• LBuehrle8
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    It is taking everything in me to hold myself together.. Next Friday will be the one year anniversary of my Mom's death. Somehow it still hasn't hit me as being real...like, I know she's gone, but something in me just will not accept it. I don't know how to move on. It doesn't help that 15 days after losing her, my 15 year old dog(my first "child") died. The past year has just been a giant roller coaster. I have never been an angry person and have never turned to food for comfort until all of this. I have thought so many times about going to speak to someone...but I just can't bring myself to do it.
    I have been lurking this thread from day one..keeping up every day... and I am overwhelmed by all the support you show each other and the friendships that have formed. I feel like I've gotten to know you all through all of your confessions/comments/advice/jokes...and I can relate to so many of you. I guess I felt I could let it all out here.

Sigh...

Welcome, happy to have you! I'm so sorry for your losses this past year, taking things one day at a time definitely helps! And it's great to have this thread to be able to just express what you're feeling you may not be able to say to those closest to you.
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    One of my best friends is an only child and she turned out terrific. Very, very intelligent, witty, and mature. I don't think being an only child makes you damaged at all. I do love my siblings, though... even if sometimes I compare myself to my sister and feel inadequate :lol: (she's beautiful and has the most gorgeous singing voice).

I feel you there- by the way I'm the brunette in my picture- the blonde is my sister. She is GORGEOUS it's not even funny. Love her to death but sometimes get so jealous of her haha. I know what you mean though!

I don't think it's damaging to only have one kid but I'm one of five and I can't imagine not having tons of siblings they're my best friends <3

You are gorgeous too!

Wish I was closer with my siblings. I have two younger brothers. One is in the Army, stationed in Germany, and is married with kids so I don't talk to him very often. The other is a mess and the only time he calls is to ask for money, which I stopped giving to him over ten years ago.

Thank you :) I agree with @FluffySandwich everyone here is so nice and caring! I could use a real group of friends like this IRL :/
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,409 Member
    Options
    jgriffit91 wrote: »
    I can say "it's a marathon, not a sprint" -- that I'm short and close to my goal weight, and trying to build strength at the same time, so even when I'm keeping to my diet and training perfectly it should take me a month+ to see non-trivial losses in scale weight (especially given that I have one of those crappy dial scales.) Even then, every time I step on the scale/look in the mirror/put on pants, I get scared that I'm not "really" losing fat because I'm mismeasuring my intake or metabolism somehow and that any results I notice are wishful thinking or daily fluctuations.

Do other people have this problem, or am I just neurotic?

It's not just you. I'm 5'2" and only have about 10 lbs to lose, and since I'm not perfect with my food every day it takes FOREVER to see any results. It is frustrating, but thankfully I like working out so I just keep going. Plus I tell myself that even if I can't see any changes, I know I'm healthier inside :)

I was just saying that to my mum the other day! She asked if I have lost any weight and I was like "meh, I've lost 4lbs since January" and she was shocked how slow I'm losing considering all the hard work I'm putting in, but I said this time last year I smoked 10 a day - I've quit for 3 months, couldn't run for 30 seconds - now I'm on week 5 of couch to 5k, I could only do 1 length of front crawl, now I can do it for 90mins and swim 1,650m (50 lengths) in 45 mins, and I just feel a lot healthier! Obviously quitting smoking is a MAJOR factor in this, but I do feel a lot more able to do stuff and move in general.
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Confession: I am enjoying being off work WAY too much. Right now it is 21 degrees Celsius with a nice light breeze. I am lying in my backyard listening to the breeze and the birds reading this thread as hubby is at work. Tomorrow, my plans are to type all my loose recipes into my cookbook that I've been compiling and who knows what after that. If hubby wasn't planning on opening a business, I may have quit my job (not really but I can dream :smile: ).

I don't remember when I've had this much "me" time. Hubby drives me to and from work everyday which I have no qualms about but I am always around someone (hubby or work peeps). I am just loving the solitude. If I was able to work out, I'd be busting out my yoga mat on the deck. Instead, I will have to rely on @BZAH10 shoulder workout since the weights are within my restrictions.

Also, I've been having a hard time getting on track and after my lunch I was craving something sweet so I started eating the dark chocolate PB out of the jar. Not sure how I am going to log that. - I really like the idea of eating at maintenance for your goal weight. I might give that a try.
  • LBuehrle8
    Options

You are gorgeous too!

Wish I was closer with my siblings. I have two younger brothers. One is in the Army, stationed in Germany, and is married with kids so I don't talk to him very often. The other is a mess and the only time he calls is to ask for money, which I stopped giving to him over ten years ago.

I have 2 younger brothers, neither one of which I am close with, all because of the huge age gap. There's 8.5 and 7.5 yrs between us and I was basically a 2nd mom, which I resented. I remember how much I hated being an only child until they came, and then I got stuck taking care of them a lot.

My family is like that- brother is 30, I'm 29, sister is 23, brother is 20 and other brother is 17 so the last two are quite far in age from my brother and I. But now that we're all older and the two brothers will be 21 and 18 this year we've all become very close!

My confession is I love my boyfriend and we're talking about me moving to the UK next year but I'm super nervous to be that far from my family and it's just a HUGE committment and so different and scary!