Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Kst76
    Kst76 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Don't know
    fr3smyl wrote: »
    I LOVE STALE CHEETOS...

Noooooo. WHY?

Don't know. I buy a bag and leave it open for 2 days. That way they get extra stale and yummy!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Is anyone a horrible person like me who gets a kick out of STFU, Parents? Here is one themed for our thread: 07oyrze3vksa.jpg

From this article:
    http://www.mommyish.com/2013/08/26/stfu-parents-how-not-to-mommyjack-your-childfree-friends/4/

Oh wow reading those comments just made my blood boil.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,714 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    Came to say I'm an only child too and I am so grateful for it. I have an excellent relationship with my parents, no family drama, and because they only had me they were able to provide me with a lot of stuff I might not have had otherwise. Having only one kid meant they were able to let me take tons of classes and lessons and go to camps and stuff (not only because they could be expensive but because they had the time and energy to take me to all of it), travel (including a student exchange), let me graduate uni without debt, etc etc. They gave me a lot, both materially and otherwise, because one kid meant I got a lot of their time and energy.

Not to say that people don't or can't do that for their kids if they have more than one, just saying that one kid is easier to shuttle around to piano and horseback riding and gymnastics and you don't have to worry about being fair and giving both kids the same opportunities when one wants to go on a school trip abroad or whatever. And it's definitely selfishly nice to not have to share my parents' attention, truthfully.

My mom did start a dayhome out of our house when I was three, though, to make sure I spent lots of time with other kids and didn't end up a spoiled little terror. So I would say that making sure only children get plenty of interaction with other kids is a good idea.

On an unrelated note, I'm leaving to get married in Vegas tomorrow! Weeeeeeee! And I confess that I'm more excited about going on vacation than I am about the wedding, lol. Like, I'm really happy we're getting married, but I just don't care much about the actual wedding...

Congratulations! Have a great time and best wishes for a long, happy marriage.
  • lnoso
    lnoso Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    The days I don't finish logging or don't log at all are the days I drink 4+ alcoholic drinks. I need to log those days to acknowledge the caloric reality of it. And I just need to quit drinking so damn much.

Recognizing that you want to drink less is an awesome step. Good for you. Sending positive energy your way.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    It is taking everything in me to hold myself together.. Next Friday will be the one year anniversary of my Mom's death. Somehow it still hasn't hit me as being real...like, I know she's gone, but something in me just will not accept it. I don't know how to move on. It doesn't help that 15 days after losing her, my 15 year old dog(my first "child") died. The past year has just been a giant roller coaster. I have never been an angry person and have never turned to food for comfort until all of this. I have thought so many times about going to speak to someone...but I just can't bring myself to do it.
    I have been lurking this thread from day one..keeping up every day... and I am overwhelmed by all the support you show each other and the friendships that have formed. I feel like I've gotten to know you all through all of your confessions/comments/advice/jokes...and I can relate to so many of you. I guess I felt I could let it all out here.

Sigh...
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I never really considered having children, even when I was going through the whole pre-cana thing pre-marriage. I was all "if it happens, it happens", not thinking it would happen. And I was thinking that mostly because I'd been kind of promiscuous before I met my husband with nary a pregnancy scare. Well, wouldn't you know I got pregnant on my honeymoon. LOL Now, I love my son with all my heart; he is the light of my life. Do I want more? Not even a little bit.

My husband keeps saying he wants to adopt or foster, so my son will have a brother. I DO NOT want another child. I am 45 years old next week, we live in a tiny house, and honestly, I just don't want to raise another kid. I am satisfied with my small family, even if that means my son is an only. Sometimes I think I'm being selfish, but that's just how I feel.

Is anyone an only child or have an only child? Am I damaging my kid? :/

I'm not an only child, but my best friend is. She also had an abusive mother and her parents divorced when she was around 10. She grew up with her dad, and eventually gained a step mother & siblings. She is very successful. She worked her butt off through school, went to Germany for a year and is now a nurse at a local children's hospital. She is now married and has 2 kids of her own (third on the way). I think she is very happy with her life, and although she didn't have siblings growing up, she had friends to turn to (and still does).

So no, I don't think you're screwing up your child at all :)

Lots of only children in my family, none of them are screwed up. It's the ones with siblings who have all turned into massive train wrecks, which only proves it has *kitten* all to do with the number of people in the family, and everything to do with who their parents are.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,714 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Daily confession.

My husband's daughter's boyfriend broke up with her on Mother's Day and she is "living" with us now. I put living in quotes because since last Tuesday, she's stayed the night once or twice, the rest of the nights (she works evenings) she doesn't bother coming home or even calling to say she's not going to be home. I understand she's an adult being 19, but I also expect her to show us some gratitude and respect for taking her and her cat in when she didn't really have anywhere else to go. Although, she must have SOMEWHERE to sleep since she's not sleeping in our house.

I am fully miffed about the whole thing because I feel like she is using us to store her stuff and take care of her cat. I have asked my husband to talk to her, but I'm sure he won't since he doesn't like confrontation and she's just now coming into our lives after not being allowed to see us for the past 14 years and he doesn't want to do anything to jeopardize that.

I am upset and hurt and don't know what to do. :/

Who took care of her cat previously? I could be mistaken, but when she was with her boyfriend, didn't they live with his mom or something? I'm wondering if she hasn't had to take care of the cat and doesn't realize she needs to now. I'd address that for sure. If you have a pet, you are responsible for it. Tough situation all the way around, though.
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Another rather lame confession: I haven't the slightest idea what to do with my hair. I haven't had short hair since I was a baby just starting to grow it. I wish I had the courage to chop it up or do something with it, but I'm just scared of making it look worse. It's extremely wavy (and in my opinion, not the good kind of wavy!!!) and hard to manage, so I just straighten it all the time to make it easier for me to deal with, at least. It also wants to always be parted in the middle. I went to see a hair stylist last year and she told me that my hair was "refusing to be parted down the side." Dumb hair.

My sister has experimented with all kinds of cuts and colors (well, all shades of red), and I wish I could be more like her. For some reason I'm just too scared.

Have you ever tried a diffuser on your hair and do you use gel?
    I looked up diffusers- they go on the end of blowdryers? I always let my hair dry naturally, and never use gel either :tongue: No gel, hairspray, or anything... though I probably should get something to protect my hair from the heat when I straighten it.

There are times I like my hair, like when I wake up and think I have ok looking waves for once. The bad thing is I can't brush my hair lest it turn into a frizzy mess. Someone on Facebook actually shared an image that shows what it's like for me. Before brushing and after brushing:

rw8u5to7mp70.jpg

Before I started straightening my hair, I had a friend who would always ask me why I never brushed my hair. I WAS brushing my hair, but it was coming out looking like the picture on the right!!! (but worse) :tired_face:

Ugh. My hair is EXACTLY the same. Isn't it annoying?! I just don't brush it... Then if I do, I immediately braid it down my back. End of drama. ;)

agreed - don't brush it. I am a fan of the Marc Anthony Stricly Curls products. I use hair cream and the spray on towel dried hair. If it is nice and warm out I will just let it air dry even w/o combing it from the shower. If it is yucky and cold out (i.e. winter), I will use the diffuser. I just don't have the time anymore to flat iron it everyday.

the only time I will brush it is right before bed and then it turns into a bit of an afro.
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I get some of my best insights right when I wake up in the morning and my mind is clear. This morning, I woke up angry because I realized that there are a lot of people in my life that I allow to walk all over me. I'm angry with them and with myself for letting it happen. I want to confront them but since it'll come out of the blue, I know I'll look like a crazy person, so all I can do is sit here and be angry about it (and wait until they try to pull that crap again so I can confront them). I'm the worst at confrontation but I realize that I'm sick to death of being treated like this and upset that I've let it happen. I also realized that I've wasted so much time trying to be whatever I think people want me to be - and how it's never enough for them anyway - and that just makes me feel unbearably sad.

I'm 35 so I might be a bit ahead of schedule for a "mid-life crisis" but that's what this seems like. Or maybe it's just the by-product of actually feeling emotions and not numbing myself with food like I've always done in the past. Regardless, right now my emotions are all over the place, but I'm hoping that once I have a good cry, I'll feel more focused about who I am, where I want to be in my life, and how to get there.

Not a confession, really, but if I didn't get this out, I'd probably have an epic meltdown.

you sound like my twin, though I am a bit younger. When it comes to my work life and life with my husband, I am strong and so confident. When it comes to all my other family, I feel like a complete doormat because I am a people pleaser and am still struggling with how to handle it. First step was getting rid of FB which I've previously posted about but I still struggle with the in person/face to face stuff. I'd love to say, "screw you all" but it isn't that easy (b/c I would feel so guilty). *sigh*

• CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    fr3smyl wrote: »
    @AngryViking1970 My daughter is an only child aged 14. She used to want siblings but after visiting cousins or friends who had siblings when she was younger that changed. Now she wouldn't have it any other way.

I'm an only child, and I totally held it against my mother that I didn't have an older brother, until I was old enough to realize that it wasn't really her fault. I still sometimes wish I had a sibling, but I spent nearly all of my time with my cousins (sisters, one a year older than me, one a year younger) as a kid. That helped to ensure I could handle social situations and not be a spoiled brat.

Confession: I cannot STAND parents who spoil their kids rotten and ruin them for the rest of us.

ETA: Words are hard.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Another rather lame confession: I haven't the slightest idea what to do with my hair. I haven't had short hair since I was a baby just starting to grow it. I wish I had the courage to chop it up or do something with it, but I'm just scared of making it look worse. It's extremely wavy (and in my opinion, not the good kind of wavy!!!) and hard to manage, so I just straighten it all the time to make it easier for me to deal with, at least. It also wants to always be parted in the middle. I went to see a hair stylist last year and she told me that my hair was "refusing to be parted down the side." Dumb hair.

My sister has experimented with all kinds of cuts and colors (well, all shades of red), and I wish I could be more like her. For some reason I'm just too scared.

Have you ever tried a diffuser on your hair and do you use gel?
    I looked up diffusers- they go on the end of blowdryers? I always let my hair dry naturally, and never use gel either :tongue: No gel, hairspray, or anything... though I probably should get something to protect my hair from the heat when I straighten it.

There are times I like my hair, like when I wake up and think I have ok looking waves for once. The bad thing is I can't brush my hair lest it turn into a frizzy mess. Someone on Facebook actually shared an image that shows what it's like for me. Before brushing and after brushing:

rw8u5to7mp70.jpg

Before I started straightening my hair, I had a friend who would always ask me why I never brushed my hair. I WAS brushing my hair, but it was coming out looking like the picture on the right!!! (but worse) :tired_face:

Ugh. My hair is EXACTLY the same. Isn't it annoying?! I just don't brush it... Then if I do, I immediately braid it down my back. End of drama. ;)

agreed - don't brush it. I am a fan of the Marc Anthony Stricly Curls products. I use hair cream and the spray on towel dried hair. If it is nice and warm out I will just let it air dry even w/o combing it from the shower. If it is yucky and cold out (i.e. winter), I will use the diffuser. I just don't have the time anymore to flat iron it everyday.

the only time I will brush it is right before bed and then it turns into a bit of an afro.

But don't you get tangled? My hair gets horribly tangled all over if I don't brush it...

Confession - I HATE the Facebook MFP page. Always posting recipes that are 'only 200 calories' with ridiculous serving sizes (like half a sandwich). Pisses me off! Seriously who eats half a sandwich???
  • JPW1990
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    Something's been missing from this conversation:
    fruit%20stripe.jpg

Although now that I'm allegedly a grown up I prefer cininamon.

Confession: I still have 1500 calories to get in today, but I overslept, and have no motivation to do so. At all. I'll probably force down some eggs later just to cover the protein for working out, but that may be it today. For those who say they don't like/don't believe/envy the people who are never hungry and have to fight to get 1000 in a day, believe me, it's not all sunshine and roses.

Also, add me to the list wondering if @AgentOrangeJuice's boss went rogue today.

z8720brl27jl.jpg

Great guys, now I have that song stuck in my head.

There's a cure for that...
    http://unhearit.com/
  • IAmTheGlue
    IAmTheGlue Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    It is taking everything in me to hold myself together.. Next Friday will be the one year anniversary of my Mom's death. Somehow it still hasn't hit me as being real...like, I know she's gone, but something in me just will not accept it. I don't know how to move on. It doesn't help that 15 days after losing her, my 15 year old dog(my first "child") died. The past year has just been a giant roller coaster. I have never been an angry person and have never turned to food for comfort until all of this. I have thought so many times about going to speak to someone...but I just can't bring myself to do it.
    I have been lurking this thread from day one..keeping up every day... and I am overwhelmed by all the support you show each other and the friendships that have formed. I feel like I've gotten to know you all through all of your confessions/comments/advice/jokes...and I can relate to so many of you. I guess I felt I could let it all out here.

Sigh...

I'm very sorry. I don't have any advice or anything, I just wanted you to know that someone cares. It'll be 3 years in about a month since my dad died. I get drunk for like 2 weeks every summer. I'm functional, but it takes the edge off the pain. Not suggesting you do that, I'm just saying that I know it's so hard. :(
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    Came to say I'm an only child too and I am so grateful for it. I have an excellent relationship with my parents, no family drama, and because they only had me they were able to provide me with a lot of stuff I might not have had otherwise. Having only one kid meant they were able to let me take tons of classes and lessons and go to camps and stuff (not only because they could be expensive but because they had the time and energy to take me to all of it), travel (including a student exchange), let me graduate uni without debt, etc etc. They gave me a lot, both materially and otherwise, because one kid meant I got a lot of their time and energy.

Not to say that people don't or can't do that for their kids if they have more than one, just saying that one kid is easier to shuttle around to piano and horseback riding and gymnastics and you don't have to worry about being fair and giving both kids the same opportunities when one wants to go on a school trip abroad or whatever. And it's definitely selfishly nice to not have to share my parents' attention, truthfully.

My mom did start a dayhome out of our house when I was three, though, to make sure I spent lots of time with other kids and didn't end up a spoiled little terror. So I would say that making sure only children get plenty of interaction with other kids is a good idea.

On an unrelated note, I'm leaving to get married in Vegas tomorrow! Weeeeeeee! And I confess that I'm more excited about going on vacation than I am about the wedding, lol. Like, I'm really happy we're getting married, but I just don't care much about the actual wedding...

Congratulations! Glad you checked in today! I knew it was coming up soon! Have a great time!
  • JPW1990
    Options
    Is anyone a horrible person like me who gets a kick out of STFU, Parents? Here is one themed for our thread: 07oyrze3vksa.jpg

From this article:
    http://www.mommyish.com/2013/08/26/stfu-parents-how-not-to-mommyjack-your-childfree-friends/4/
    Have you checked out the sanctimommy page on Facebook?! Absolutely hilarious :lol:
    To add, if I were to receive a comment like this, my arm and hand could quite possibly get a workout >:)

I have, and I love it. For real.

Some of their posts make my jaw drop lol, like do people really act that way?! Makes me feel better about myself lol

If you're bored, spend some time at babycenter or cafemom. Never has there been a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    Caught up!

I'm not too worried about this parenting thing. I'm worried about the nitty, grittiness of sleep deprivation and exhaustion that comes with the early days, but beyond ensuring the kid's physical well-being, I feel like the actual 'parenting' part will be okay. I'm a decent person. My husband is a decent person. My parents were decent people and my siblings and I turned out fine. Not a lot of drama, not a lot of scares and we all put up with one another to varying degrees. Sure I expect there will be arguments and frustrations and bumps in the road, but I'm not aiming for perfection as I think that probably doesn't exist.

Am I being too blasé about the whole thing?!

Nah. I will say though that based on nothing but my time on pregnancy message boards (tip: do not go to a pregnancy message board, the craziest people spend all day there) most first babies seem to be easy. That's how they trick you into having another one. My oldest was the easiest baby in the world. I found myself thinking "why do people complain about this?". Five years later when I had my daughter, I found out how bad it could be. My daughter has also taught me to be a lot less judgmental about parenting styles. I parented her in the same general way as my son, and she is 400% more willful, stubborn, possessed by demons... I feel like I shouldn't have to say this - but I love her so much and she is also amazingly creative and funny in addition to possibly being the devil.

This made me laugh out loud. I feel the same way about my daughter at times. :D

• Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options

Sigh...
    Oh, so sorry - it sounds like you're giving yourself a hard time for not 'doing it right', but any grief counsellor will tell you there is no right way. I think you just have to keep getting out of bed every morning until one day it feels a little easier. Talking to someone really might help you though. Why are you so against it?

Also, Welcome!

• raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »

From this article:
    Have you checked out the sanctimommy page on Facebook?! Absolutely hilarious :lol:
    To add, if I were to receive a comment like this, my arm and hand could quite possibly get a workout >:)

I have, and I love it. For real.

Some of their posts make my jaw drop lol, like do people really act that way?! Makes me feel better about myself lol

If you're bored, spend some time at babycenter or cafemom. Never has there been a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.
    I actually have a babycenter account, but I haven't logged on in like 2 years lol. Myself and a group of friends were always in trouble due to our snarky tendencies. Quite entertaining though lol
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    I skipped the first 637 pages...

Confession: I don't eat nearly the calories MFP says I should.

Not acceptable! ;)

You have to at least find a random post from somewhere in the middle to quote. LOL
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options

Sigh...

Glad you finally joined in! Sorry you have had such a heartbreaking year. Please talk to someone. (Hugs)