Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• xLoveLikeWinterx
    xLoveLikeWinterx Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Friday me and my boyfriend went to the cheesecake factory. I brought home an entire box of leftovers. I decided not to log the food for that day due to the fact that I would be grossed out by myself. So when I got home in order to avoid having to have an extra cheat day just for the leftovers I ate them in my room. Cold. Cold cheesecake factory leftovers.

The only thing I would eat at The Cheesecake Factory is the cheesecake. I think their food is horribly overpriced and not that good. The cheesecake on the other hand - lemon raspberry with lady fingers crust.... I need a drooling emoji again, Ceci.

That's the only reason I go! Mmm cheesecake

is it weird that I've never been to The Cheesecake Factory and actually don't want to go? I'm not a fan of chain restaurants (Chili's, Denny's/Shoney's, etc.)- always bland, overpriced food :/
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Another rather lame confession: I haven't the slightest idea what to do with my hair. I haven't had short hair since I was a baby just starting to grow it. I wish I had the courage to chop it up or do something with it, but I'm just scared of making it look worse. It's extremely wavy (and in my opinion, not the good kind of wavy!!!) and hard to manage, so I just straighten it all the time to make it easier for me to deal with, at least. It also wants to always be parted in the middle. I went to see a hair stylist last year and she told me that my hair was "refusing to be parted down the side." Dumb hair.

My sister has experimented with all kinds of cuts and colors (well, all shades of red), and I wish I could be more like her. For some reason I'm just too scared.

Have you ever tried a diffuser on your hair and do you use gel?
    I looked up diffusers- they go on the end of blowdryers? I always let my hair dry naturally, and never use gel either :tongue: No gel, hairspray, or anything... though I probably should get something to protect my hair from the heat when I straighten it.

There are times I like my hair, like when I wake up and think I have ok looking waves for once. The bad thing is I can't brush my hair lest it turn into a frizzy mess. Someone on Facebook actually shared an image that shows what it's like for me. Before brushing and after brushing:

rw8u5to7mp70.jpg

Before I started straightening my hair, I had a friend who would always ask me why I never brushed my hair. I WAS brushing my hair, but it was coming out looking like the picture on the right!!! (but worse) :tired_face:

• kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Confession - when I go over like this I make sure to lift weights for 20 minutes so I can pretend I'm 'bulking'.

That's what I was pretending for my entire three-day junk/fast/too much food vacation fest.
    Another rather lame confession: I haven't the slightest idea what to do with my hair. I haven't had short hair since I was a baby just starting to grow it. I wish I had the courage to chop it up or do something with it, but I'm just scared of making it look worse. It's extremely wavy (and in my opinion, not the good kind of wavy!!!) and hard to manage, so I just straighten it all the time to make it easier for me to deal with, at least. It also wants to always be parted in the middle. I went to see a hair stylist last year and she told me that my hair was "refusing to be parted down the side." Dumb hair.

My sister has experimented with all kinds of cuts and colors (well, all shades of red), and I wish I could be more like her. For some reason I'm just too scared.

Mine too. If I attempt a side part, it wanders over by itself over the course of the day, creating a bizarre hump effect. I always say that I don't have a hair "do", I have a hair "don't".

A middle part is the least flattering for my face, of course, as it just draws attention to my nose -- not my best feature.
    I don't particularly like my nose either :(

Also, I just went to the store and got a package of gummy worms. Eating them made my teeth hurt... I'm unsure what that's about (instant cavity??? :lol:)... and now I definitely need to get my butt over to the gym. Hopefully now that people are getting out of work it won't be packed. I prefer the gym when it's almost empty...

Really? Look at your profile pic! You are so flipping cute!
  • xLoveLikeWinterx
    xLoveLikeWinterx Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    clover157 wrote: »
    Dnarules wrote: »
    I'm not having a very good day. Total pity party and tears over my parenting failures. I guess it's a good thing that I decided to go for a walk instead of digging in the ice cream stash.

Sorry to hear this. Parenting is such a tough job. I hope the walk helped.

Parenting is so hard, I am taking every effort to never have to do it. :smiley:

And think about it, parenting with TWO parents is hard... and single parents...woah. AND if everyone is working?! :astonished:

Everyone else can go ahead and make successful and wonderful humans. I do not feel strong enough to partake in that endeavor. :wink:

ETA: I am serious about everything in this post. I see parenting as very difficult. It takes skills and abilities that I am pretty sure I do not possess.

Here's something I've never confessed IRL before...
    I don't enjoy parenting. I don't think I was meant to be a mum.
    Don't get me wrong, I love my boys with all my heart. I give all of myself to them to ensure they feel loved, are happy and healthy.
    But I just don't think I was cut out for it. I've had pretty severe postnatal depression since my first was born 3 years ago and I'm sure that contributes, but I do wonder if its just my personality. Also, I carry a lot of guilt over my depression, its so unfair to them and I worry I'm messing up their whole lives :(
    Aaaaaaaand now I want to cover my feelings in food.

I could've pretty much wrote this post, word for word. I have a 3.5 yr old and an 8 month old (both boys). Everyone tells me I'm an awesome mom, but I feel like I'm failing at it constantly. It's not effortless for me like everyone else I see on Facebook. I have to WORK at my patience.
    To be fair, I'm pretty sure I have PPD and my 3.5 yr old is a DRAMA QUEEN and can be difficult, but still. I give everything I have in me to them, literally, and I still feel like I'm doing it wrong.
    Part of my inability to keep the weight off is I eat my feelings at night alone when they're in bed, because I sit and relive my parenting failures for the day in my head, over and over.

And hi, I've lurked but decided to post in the thread today :)

Hi, and welcome!

Not a parent, but I've been around on the planet for a fair number of years ;) and I'm pretty sure almost everyone needs to work at their patience... I've never known anyone who doesn't lose it from time to time, even the most "saintly" types.

At least you recognize and put forth the effort... some don't.

Your post made me feel better last night- for the first time in a long time, I actually went to bed at a semi-normal time and just drank a bunch of water instead of eating.

I just feel like being a mom is the most important "job" I'll ever have and I don't want to mess it up. But it was nice to relax a bit about it last night.
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    Has anyone heard of asparagus pee? Apparently, everyone's pee smells after eating asparagus but not everyone can smell it. I can, it's strong. I thought everyone could. My husband can't and neither can my parents. They all looked at me like I was crazy. I think they might be right because I have had this conversation twice in the last month or so. The 1st was at an annual girls weekend where we always talk about crazy stuff.

http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/why-pee-smells-funny-eat-asparagus
  • FluffySandwich
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    All this talk about Kit Kats is making me want some. I was never a fan of them... don't really like wafer candy. However, these chunky Kit Kats sound really good. Massive fan of peanut butter and chocolate!

I'm not a fan of the regular kit kat either! I mean it's chocolate if it was put in front of me I wouldn't say no but it's definitely not something I'd pick out if I had a craving. Chunky kit kats? YES PLEASE. If you love peanut butter and chocolate you will love the chunky!!
    I might try and pick one up today! The dollar store here has them for very, very cheap. OOH, also, I know I said I don't care much for regular kit kats, but my boyfriend's dad always brings back a case of green tea ones when he goes to Japan, and those are DELICIOUS. Can't find them here though :(
    Confession - when I go over like this I make sure to lift weights for 20 minutes so I can pretend I'm 'bulking'.

That's what I was pretending for my entire three-day junk/fast/too much food vacation fest.

Mine too. If I attempt a side part, it wanders over by itself over the course of the day, creating a bizarre hump effect. I always say that I don't have a hair "do", I have a hair "don't".

A middle part is the least flattering for my face, of course, as it just draws attention to my nose -- not my best feature.
    I don't particularly like my nose either :(

Also, I just went to the store and got a package of gummy worms. Eating them made my teeth hurt... I'm unsure what that's about (instant cavity??? :lol:)... and now I definitely need to get my butt over to the gym. Hopefully now that people are getting out of work it won't be packed. I prefer the gym when it's almost empty...

Really? Look at your profile pic! You are so flipping cute!
    Thank you!!! I appreciate all the kind comments and awesome discussions on here.... I love this thread!! You've made my morning that much better :smiley:

• FluffySandwich
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Oops, quoting went wrong
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    I have always wanted to be a mother, but I do sometimes look at it as being something I wouldn't be good at. I like little kids alright... though I don't like certain things they do (their loudness, for example). I was a terrible kid. Name something, I probably did it. I stopped the monorail in Disney World by screaming and trying to get in the way of the closing doors. My mom swears I almost gave my grandma a heart attack. I don't want my kids to end up like me!!! I have pretty bad anxiety and I know I would probably be feeling that increase tenfold if my kid had a breakdown in a grocery store.

But one thing I look forward to about being a mother (though I don't think I'll have kids for many years) is being able to have a sort of undying love that I hear all these mothers talking about on Facebook. And I know that, while my relationship with my own mom has had its rough spots, we love eachother and that's never going to change. She's also my best friend and really fun and I feel I can talk to her about almost anything. That's what I want with my own kids!

I was so worried when I was pregnant because I have never been a "kid person". 4 weeks before my due date I was at a cookout and there was a little one there, the father asked if I wanted to hold him and I was like, nope, I'm okay. I adore my daughter! I play with her, cuddle her and try to enjoy every minute. They always say it's different when it's your own. For me, it really has been.

• Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    Has anyone heard of asparagus pee? Apparently, everyone's pee smells after eating asparagus but not everyone can smell it. I can, it's strong. I thought everyone could. My husband can't and neither can my parents. They all looked at me like I was crazy. I think they might be right because I have had this conversation twice in the last month or so. The 1st was at an annual girls weekend where we always talk about crazy stuff.

Yup! My morning after asparagus pee is ridiculously smelly. But only the first one. After that it's back to normal. lol
  • FluffySandwich
    Options
    I have always wanted to be a mother, but I do sometimes look at it as being something I wouldn't be good at. I like little kids alright... though I don't like certain things they do (their loudness, for example). I was a terrible kid. Name something, I probably did it. I stopped the monorail in Disney World by screaming and trying to get in the way of the closing doors. My mom swears I almost gave my grandma a heart attack. I don't want my kids to end up like me!!! I have pretty bad anxiety and I know I would probably be feeling that increase tenfold if my kid had a breakdown in a grocery store.

But one thing I look forward to about being a mother (though I don't think I'll have kids for many years) is being able to have a sort of undying love that I hear all these mothers talking about on Facebook. And I know that, while my relationship with my own mom has had its rough spots, we love eachother and that's never going to change. She's also my best friend and really fun and I feel I can talk to her about almost anything. That's what I want with my own kids!

I was so worried when I was pregnant because I have never been a "kid person". 4 weeks before my due date I was at a cookout and there was a little one there, the father asked if I wanted to hold him and I was like, nope, I'm okay. I adore my daughter! I play with her, cuddle her and try to enjoy every minute. They always say it's different when it's your own. For me, it really has been.
    Awww!

My downstairs neighbor has a little boy who's probably around two at this point. Last year she came to introduce herself and her child and asked me if I wanted to hold him. I was a bit freaked out- usually I'm terrified to hold children because I regard them as being fragile and don't want to hurt them. Also, I'm scared they're going to cry when I'm holding them :neutral: I held him though and he looked up at me and flashed me this huge, gummy smile. It was surprisingly more natural than I thought it would be, though I still felt a bit awkward. Funny thing is, when I handed him over to my boyfriend he started bawling :lol:
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    Confession no.2

I got myself a peanut butter Kit-Kat Chunky! I really wanted a mint one to satisfy the whole mint and chocolate conversation as well as the kit-kat conversation, but I couldn't find one. I will run as far as I need to to work this baby in! 226Kcal, how far do you recon that is?
  • DrWhoIsYerDad
    DrWhoIsYerDad Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I like to chase Starbucks coffee with diet mountain dew
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    A few confessions this morning....

1. I also don't want kids. I'm 31. I wanted them a few years ago but now I'm definitely sure that I don't want them. And I think that's perfectly ok! I have nieces and nephews, and I'm happy playing Aunt!

2. Sometimes I feel like I am drowning in debt. It keeps me up at night. I have $86,000 in student loans, $3,500 in credit card debt, and $7,000 in personal loans, not to mention my mortgage. I have a great job and make decent money but my student loan payments are over $500 a month alone! I drive a 1999 car and it's starting to fall apart and there's no way I can afford a car payment. I'm so stressed. I feel like I'm suffocating. I literally slept for an hour last night cause I was so worried.

I feel better confessing. No one in my real life knows all this. Crazy how it's easier to tell perfect strangers, huh?? Thanks for listening!!!!
  • krissyreminisce
    krissyreminisce Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Confession no.2

I got myself a peanut butter Kit-Kat Chunky! I really wanted a mint one to satisfy the whole mint and chocolate conversation as well as the kit-kat conversation, but I couldn't find one. I will run as far as I need to to work this baby in! 226Kcal, how far do you recon that is?

I can usually burn around that running 5k. :smile:
  • FluffySandwich
    edited May 2015
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    2. Sometimes I feel like I am drowning in debt. It keeps me up at night. I have $86,000 in student loans, $3,500 in credit card debt, and $7,000 in personal loans, not to mention my mortgage. I have a great job and make decent money but my student loan payments are over $500 a month alone! I drive a 1999 car and it's starting to fall apart and there's no way I can afford a car payment. I'm so stressed. I feel like I'm suffocating. I literally slept for an hour last night cause I was so worried.

I feel better confessing. No one in my real life knows all this. Crazy how it's easier to tell perfect strangers, huh?? Thanks for listening!!!!
    I'm so sorry!! Student loans are the bane of existence for so many of my coworkers. It's awesome that you have a great job, though, and I hope you enjoy it :smiley: Remember to make time for yourself, get out and do something relaxing like reading a book in a park... though of course I know that saying ''try not to worry'' probably won't do you much good, so I'm sorry I don't have better advice to offer :(. Eventually those loans will be paid off and you will be able to breathe. My sister's ex boyfriend just managed to pay them off and he said a huge weight has been lifted off of his shoulders.

• FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    Ugh, I'm spinning my wheels AGAIN. I feel like this wole year so far has been me going great, then screwing up spectacularly. I'm depressed, primarily due to my work situation and it's spilling over into everything else. I haven't been going to Taekwondo, I've been eating like crap, drinking too much wine... uuugghhhhhhhh. Work isn't going to change for the rest of the year, so I need to.

I feel really bad for you. I know how terrible it is to have a job that you hate. I used to be a scheduling manager for a security company so it was my job to find people to work shifts when someone called in (whenever it snowed it was the worst because everyone wants to call in and we couldn't leave any shifts unfilled). I was so stressed out and it took over my personal life.

Whatever you do, take care of yourself and remember that you deserve better. You can/will get through this and find something that is less stressful. Hang in there.
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »

Is there anyway of consolidating the credit card and personal loan together? Just thinking about the interest. Sometimes you can also play the credit card game and move the debt onto an interest free credit card. But that is something you have to keep on top of because after the 0% interest runs out the interest rate is super high. It is a good game if you can play it. My mum paid off a £10,000 kitchen that way. But I cannot stress enough how important it is to keep on top of it.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    Something's been missing from this conversation:
    fruit%20stripe.jpg

Although now that I'm allegedly a grown up I prefer cininamon.

Confession: I still have 1500 calories to get in today, but I overslept, and have no motivation to do so. At all. I'll probably force down some eggs later just to cover the protein for working out, but that may be it today. For those who say they don't like/don't believe/envy the people who are never hungry and have to fight to get 1000 in a day, believe me, it's not all sunshine and roses.

Also, add me to the list wondering if @AgentOrangeJuice's boss went rogue today.

z8720brl27jl.jpg

• Lois_1989
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Confession no.2

I can usually burn around that running 5k. :smile:

Just over 3 miles... that's pretty achievable. :smile: Thank you!
  • noaddedsugarx
    noaddedsugarx Posts: 169 Member
    Options

Yeah totally! It goes straight through me I can smell it like an hour after I've ate it haha