Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    Does the exhaustion ever end??? I am always tired, it's getting to the point where it's my trademark. How am I? TIRED. Always. I hate it... I think my sleeping habits are very poor. Last night I know I woke up about 15 or so times trying to get out of bed to finish "work" that didn't exist.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Does the exhaustion ever end??? I am always tired, it's getting to the point where it's my trademark. How am I? TIRED. Always. I hate it... I think my sleeping habits are very poor. Last night I know I woke up about 15 or so times trying to get out of bed to finish "work" that didn't exist.
    If I get into the rut of not being able to sleep night after night, I'll take Nytol for a few nights which is mild but helps me make it through the night. I can't function on no sleep.
    Do you take anything?
  • FluffySandwich
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    If I get into the rut of not being able to sleep night after night, I'll take Nytol for a few nights which is mild but helps me make it through the night. I can't function on no sleep.
    Do you take anything?

I was prescribed melatonin as a teen, but I don't think that did much good... and my mom recently gave me some valerian root but I don't think that helped... maybe I should try them both again. What I really want is a good old bottle of sleeping pills that'll put me out like a light. A good idea would have been to go hibernate in an igloo over winter so I wouldn't have had to deal with the Canadian weather.
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    Oh, I feel guilty now. I'm in Calgary and we've had a great winter and an amazing last few days.

Do you have any allergy medication in the house? Not Claritin or any of the non-drowsy ones. The regular ones have the same drug as in Nytol. If so, take a couple tonight, and I'll bet you get a better night's sleep.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    shawnaes91 wrote: »
    my husband is taking out on me the fact that hes not losing weight. He quit counting calories and quit exercise of any form other than going to work.

I have been supportive and making his meals for works and dinner. Its not my fault he chooses to buy fast food when im asleep or when he gets off work. no one is making him not exercise but hes being a prick about it.

i suggested if p90x is too much during the work week that maybe he should find another work out dvd to do that wont be too much during the week for him. i also asked him if there was anything he needed me to do to help him.

ugh

Every time I read something you write about your husband I want to reach through my PC and smack him for you

Is there anything likable about this guy?? Seriously, after your first post, I would tell him you are gonna trade him in for someone else!

Sorry if that seems harsh, I just have zero tolerance for people that treat their SOs badly....

P.S. _ I finally have time to be online and once again am ten pages behind......
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    fr3smyl wrote: »
    My confession:
    I have a bad habit of eating foods I'm allergic to but then loading up on benadryl and keeping my inhaler and epipen close by.

Don't you get scared? I would be way too chicken to do this.....
  • FluffySandwich
    Options
    Oh, I feel guilty now. I'm in Calgary and we've had a great winter and an amazing last few days.

Do you have any allergy medication in the house? Not Claritin or any of the non-drowsy ones. The regular ones have the same drug as in Nytol. If so, take a couple tonight, and I'll bet you get a better night's sleep.
    Maybe I should have been in Calgary instead of Quebec! The snow is finally melted here, though, so that makes me happy.

I rummaged through our medicine cabinet and came up with a bunch of natural stuff. My boyfriend's mom is a natural medicine doctor of sorts, so she gives us a bunch of it. The problem is it hasn't helped me much in the past, but I did manage to find some Pascoe Calm sleep aid and more valerian root, so I might give that a try. If not, I also found Nyquil! My dad used to take that every night to help him sleep.
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    I also found Nyquil!
    That's what you want! You'll sleep like a baby tonight! Sweet dreams!
  • FluffySandwich
    Options
    Haha, thanks!! I really hope so. On the topic of dreams, does anyone else keep a dream diary? For some odd reason I have always been fascinated with dreams and love them. I don't write them down every day (I definitely don't remember them every day), but I have a BUNCH of files and sometimes like to look back on them.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    My deepest desire is to own my own game store. And I don't mean monopoly for xbox. I'm talking Roleplaying, Tabletop board games, miniatures, collectible card games, locked card games, walls packed with product and the tables filled with games. make all my profits from selling Code Red MT Dew and funyons.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    Haha, thanks!! I really hope so. On the topic of dreams, does anyone else keep a dream diary? For some odd reason I have always been fascinated with dreams and love them. I don't write them down every day (I definitely don't remember them every day), but I have a BUNCH of files and sometimes like to look back on them.

I haven't for a while. I've had dreams that were movie-worthy. I used to write them down all the time with a plan to write books based on some of the plots. One day I'll get to that...
  • rungirl1973
    Options
    I'm in Syracuse for two days. I went to Delmonico's and ate enough food for at least 2 people. I fear it will never digest. But it was soooooo worth it.
  • Tubbs216
    edited April 2015
    Options
    No, I've never done that, but I know some people do. Does it help you figure out what's going on in your life?

Most of my dreams are pretty boring, except when I have vertigo dreams, which are actually more like nightmares (focus on my fear of heights).
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    tiona83 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I feel like a loser because I don't ever really have any GOOD confessions for this oh, so worthy thread, but here goes.

Confession 1: I packed an awesome lunch today and wanted to devour it before 11 this morning. I don't take lunch until 1. I managed to make it until noon, but now I'm sad because my food is over. I often get sad when my food is over.

Confession 2: I totally had Dr. Pepper last night with my Auntie Anne's pretzel bites and didn't log it. Oops. >:)

My youngest (8) has a bad habit of taking bites out of her lunch why she packs it. The school policy is no junk food (crisps/chips, chocolate, cookies/biscuits) so it's not like it's something sweet. Came down stairs yesterday and she had half her sandwich gone. This was after her breakfast.

Errrrr, what?! How is that even enforced and why? I'm all for encouraging healthy habits, but this seems a bit extreme.

My children's school is the same. I'm used to it now.

my kids school does this too. sort of. The meal must be "balanced" so you cant send a bag of chips and a can of pop and call it lunch. You can send a snack sized bag of chips along with a sandwich and an apple.

If the lunch you packed is not a "balanced" lunch, they will give your child a sack lunch from the kitchen, which is a cheese sandwich on wholegrain bread, a fruit, a carton of milk, and a oatmeal cookie.

Then you get a nasty note about the inadequate lunch you packed. So that is how they enforce it. I know this because I asked the school at length about it.

My son has a sensory disorder, so basically his lunches are the same thing, everyday, with no variation. I was worried I would get nasty notes about it, but they assured me that was not the case! Thank goodness.

Thank you all who have explained this lunch policy. It makes me wonder what would've happened if that was enforced in my elementary school because from 1st - 3rd grade I suffered extreme anxiety which led to stomach issues and the only thing I could keep down for lunch for three years was a single chocolate pudding. That was it. In 4th & 5th grade I managed 1 plain tuna sandwich. (and I'm still lagging behind on this thread; been super busy at work)

I can see the need for a policy like this though.....I remember when my son was in the first grade, I was on a field trip and one of the little girls in my group was asking to eat lunch as soon as we got there at 9am. I asked her what she had for breakfast and she said she never had any breakfast. When I opened her lunch bag, there was a giant bag of skittles and a can of soda. That was it. I threw it out, gave her a granola bar and we bought her lunch (at least a slice of pizza or whatever was better then what she had!)
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Less of a confession, more of a rant...

I'm getting really sick of the hoops I'm having to jump through for a potential job. It's retail, working basically as a stock person/cashier. In the past when I've applied for jobs like this, it was: fill out a one-page application, go for an interview (or sometimes a group interview), get a call that you got the job. Period.

For this one, I had to fill out a half-hour long application online. Had a phone interview. Had an interview with an assistant manager. And now have to go back for ANOTHER interview with someone else! I'm sorry, but what is this madness?! I'm applying to a work in a store, not the freakin' FBI!

Sorry but this seems ridiculous and I'm just frustrated. If you don't know by now if you want me to work there or if you don't want to hire me, just say so! I'm a big girl and I can take the rejection.

On the plus side, I thought I looked pretty good all dressed up and fancy-like. :)

So, is it Wally-world? Just wondering since I see people filling out apps on those little kiosks at the store.

I wanted to ask this too.....I worked at a Wal-Mart for several years and had three interviews to get that job......So, is it Wal-Mart?? (I know this might have already been answered cuz I am several pages behind still.....but had to ask just in case).
  • FluffySandwich
    edited April 2015
    Options

I haven't for a while. I've had dreams that were movie-worthy. I used to write them down all the time with a plan to write books based on some of the plots. One day I'll get to that...
    Oh man, me too. I've wanted to write books based on them as well... and then I had a creative writing teacher who said "No one has ever written a good book based on a dream." I'm sure that can't be true!
    No, I've never done that, but I know some people do. Does it help you figure out what's going on in your life?

Most of my dreams are pretty boring, except when I have vertigo dreams, which are actually more like nightmares (focus on my fear of heights).
    Doesn't really help me figure out anything. A few weeks back, though, I had an awful dream about being raped. I went to write it down, and noticed I had written a dream on the same date a year prior. I checked it out and found out it was also about rape. And several more as well. I have never been raped, but who knows... maybe it's a huge fear in my subconscious or something.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Not to ruin the vibe or anything, but my husband texted me a little while ago and told me my step-daughter had a miscarriage. I am really sad for her and especially sad for my husband. He was so looking forward to becoming a grandpa. I am a little sad too as I had just started warming up to the idea of being MoNana or GrandMo. :(

Oh, so sorry to hear this!!
  • mysticlizard
    mysticlizard Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    My deepest desire is to own my own game store. And I don't mean monopoly for xbox. I'm talking Roleplaying, Tabletop board games, miniatures, collectible card games, locked card games, walls packed with product and the tables filled with games. make all my profits from selling Code Red MT Dew and funyons.

That would be really awesome! A section of beautiful chess boards would be nice.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    My secret is that there is a little house for sale that I am putting an offer on tonight and I am really hoping they'll accept. I'm so so so so so excited about it but I'm not telling anyone IRL (besides my family) because I'm afraid I'll jinx it. It's perfect for me (and my dog :smile: )

I've lived with my brother for 8 years and while we still get along the thought of having a space that is 100% mine is... well, to be honest I can't even think of the right word for it.

Good luck!!
  • rungirl1973
    Options

Oh man, me too. I've wanted to write books based on them as well... and then I had a creative writing teacher who said "No one has ever written a good book based on a dream." I'm sure that can't be true!

Doesn't really help me figure out anything. A few weeks back, though, I had an awful dream about being raped. I went to write it down, and noticed I had written a dream on the same date a year prior. I checked it out and found out it was also about rape. And several more as well. I have never been raped, but who knows... maybe it's a huge fear in my subconscious or something.

The Twilight books were based on dreams!! Good literature? Perhaps not. But, I'd gladly settle for the fortune from that franchise.

I have had some really great dreams, where I'm not even in them, it's like I'm watching a story take place from afar. I'm not giving away any more details, as this will be my fortune to earn. Lol