Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• DressedInDreams
    DressedInDreams Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Had my interview this morning, went well, asked when they were looking to hire, they said they had an internal candidate that was on vacation that they needed to see, so I won't find out until next week.

Talent acquisition double booked the interview slot so I was in the waiting room with a competitor, he was wearing jeans and a puffy jacket. . . . .jeans and a puffy jacket.

Maybe he thought he was interviewing for an early 2000's music video.

I lol'd. I keep reading this thread at work, my co-workers probably think I'm crazy since I keep randomly laughing.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,716 Member
    Options
    I'm totally understanding of the right to bear arms and hunting to provide food and goods. I don't agree with hunting for sport. I don't consider using high powered firearms to kill prey from hundreds of yards away hunting. There should be laws that require "sport hunters" to be in danger of being prey themselves.

And how can you actually brag about your "skills"? What skill? Yes, I realize hitting a moving target with a gun takes practice and skill, but killing an innocent animal just for your own personal satisfaction is wrong.

My son and his dad hunt deer, elk, and antelope, but they process the entire animal and distribute the meat to the whole family.
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    81Katz wrote: »
    I hate the falling dreams. Those are awful because you usually jerk yourself awake.
    I hate dreams about being hurt (emotionally) by people in my life. Confession: I woke up crying from dreams like that.
    I have very vivid totally random dreams where they are story after story within a story, it's weird.

This made me think of two dreams that made me wake up crying. Both were about my sister dying and how sad we all were afterwards. I told her to be careful. She's the only person I've ever had dreams like that about. It scares me.

I've also had the dreams where you are jerked away. The one that gets me like that is a dream (it's been the same each time) where I am going up a hill too fast and the van in front of me slams the brakes on and I slam into the back of the van. I get jerked away.

Dreams are weird.
  • ladybuggnorris
    ladybuggnorris Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I'm totally understanding of the right to bear arms and hunting to provide food and goods. I don't agree with hunting for sport. I don't consider using high powered firearms to kill prey from hundreds of yards away hunting. There should be laws that require "sport hunters" to be in danger of being prey themselves.

I agree 100%. When I was growing up, my Dad was a hunter, and we pretty much only ate wild game. It was definitely not for sport, but a means of feeding a family on a very low income. He used a basic rifle and also never, ever killed a buck (which is what sport hunter are after). The does always had better, less-gamey meat on them. Being from a family that survived on wild game, I get so stabby and irritated when I hear about hunters that take the head of the big buck and leave all the good stuff behind. The least you could do is process the meat and give it to families in need.
  • ladybuggnorris
    ladybuggnorris Posts: 276 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Double post *Why is this happening to me?*
  • FroggyBug
    Options
    Usually at work I wear hoodies and dickies, because, I buy the food but I also manage the warehouse and I'm not going to tear my dress shirts and slacks throwing pallets around. So I had my interview this morning, but it also coincides with the 20th anniversary at the company I currently work for. So everyone's like "ERMAGERD WHY ARE YOU DRESSED UP" and I'm like "20th anniversary?"

They're buying it.

Haha, the excuse is amazing. :) Dressing up for the anniversary. Awesome!
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    If you are a praying person, I am asking for some right now. If not a praying person, maybe send some good vibes. My sister's sister-in-law is 30 weeks pregnant, after 5 attempts at IVF. On Sunday, she was having issues with her kidneys, so yesterday they decided to go and put in some drains. While under anesthetic, she vomited and aspirated. Due to lack of oxygen, she is now in a coma and has been placed on life support. The family was all called last night and the Dr's basically admitted they were keeping he alive as long as they can for the baby's sake, but there is little to no brain activity. Now a baby that was wished for, for so long, is likely not going to have a Mama. Miracles do happen, and we could really use one today!

I am so sorry and sending good thoughts her way.
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    My confession: I never EVER eat breakfast. I never log my exercises so i dont eat back the calories. I will pull the cheese off over everything (unnecessary calories). If it has bread, I will remove most of it. I will skip meals if I ate too much. Whenever I over eat, I move thoes calories to the next day and work with whatever calories I have left. Some of these are good habits some are not I know. But I also know how my own body feels and what I personally can handle. :blush:

I have to disagree that cheese calories are unnecessary. Just like bread calories. I do not understand this foreign concept.

One of the best foods ever - CHEESE BREAD - definitely necessary calories in my book!

Cheese is the second most important food product in my life.
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    If you are a praying person, I am asking for some right now. If not a praying person, maybe send some good vibes. My sister's sister-in-law is 30 weeks pregnant, after 5 attempts at IVF. On Sunday, she was having issues with her kidneys, so yesterday they decided to go and put in some drains. While under anesthetic, she vomited and aspirated. Due to lack of oxygen, she is now in a coma and has been placed on life support. The family was all called last night and the Dr's basically admitted they were keeping he alive as long as they can for the baby's sake, but there is little to no brain activity. Now a baby that was wished for, for so long, is likely not going to have a Mama. Miracles do happen, and we could really use one today!

Oh, I don't have words... praying!

Prayers for your family!!! Miracles DO happen!!
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options

Hug!
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,716 Member
    Options

I agree 100%. When I was growing up, my Dad was a hunter, and we pretty much only ate wild game. It was definitely not for sport, but a means of feeding a family on a very low income. He used a basic rifle and also never, ever killed a buck (which is what sport hunter are after). The does always had better, less-gamey meat on them. Being from a family that survived on wild game, I get so stabby and irritated when I hear about hunters that take the head of the big buck and leave all the good stuff behind. The least you could do is process the meat and give it to families in need.

This angers me, too. Some people are so selfish and clueless.
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options

I'm so sorry! Sending positive vibes your/your SIL's way.

• FroggyBug
    Options

Oh no. I'm sorry to hear this as well. I will pray/send good vibes. This breaks my heart.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Agreed. How can it be 'sport'? Now, if a guy was going after a bear just with Wolverine-style claws taped to his hands, that I'd agree with.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Oh that's so awful. I'm truly sorry to hear that. Sending every possible positive vibe East-wards.

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Confession: I felt total bada$$ at the gym last night. Not because of the amount of weight I lifted, either. When I got to the gym, there was a guy benching in the squat rack (which is fine, because there is no bench rack at my gym). I like to start with squats, but whatever, I started with my deadlift - 195 pounds, BTW! Guy was still in the squat rack, so I moved onto OHP from the floor. So, I had to clean the bar before I could OHP (which I kinda liked and may do from now on). Guy is still in the squat rack. So I went and did some extra biceps curls and tricep extensions. Guy is still in the squat rack. We're talking 30 minutes or so he's been in there, doing really slow bench with really long breaks between sets. At one of his breaks, I finally ask him "You gonna be much longer?" He says, "I'm done," and walks out of the gym. He didn't just leave the squat rack, he left the whole gym! He left the weights on the bar and everything. I didn't know I was that scary! LOL

I have another gym confession from last night, but I'm gonna post it later so this doesn't become TL:DR

I've seen this several times and have no idea what it means.

Too long; didn't read
  • FroggyBug
    Options
    Confession: I'm currently on crutches and the people who ignore me as I'm trying to open a heavy door while at work are making me angry.

At least on the other side of that, there have been good people who go out of their way to try to help. That at least gives me back some hope for humanity.
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options

Omg I'm so sorry to hear... I dont even know what to say. Sending lots of hugs you'll be in my thoughts :kissing_heart:
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    Confession: I'm currently on crutches and the people who ignore me as I'm trying to open a heavy door while at work are making me angry.

At least on the other side of that, there have been good people who go out of their way to try to help. That at least gives me back some hope for humanity.

There is a lady at work with a broken leg in a wheelchair. I offered to help her a couple of times and she got pissy. So let's blame her as the reason no one is helping you. :p
  • eMka11
    eMka11 Posts: 106 Member
    Options

sending hugs and good vibes x