Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• krissyreminisce
    krissyreminisce Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    So as an experiment I decided to not log for a week and see how I would do.

I'm happy to report I've still managed to lose 2 lbs and 1-2 inches off my butt, thighs and waist. I'm kind of happy about this for 2 reasons.

1.) because I actually just eat when I am hungry and stop when I am full and finally feel satisfied ( I don't try to eat all my calories and get to my "goal" when I may not be hungry)

and

2.) because I realized I can actually eat a lot more than predicted and still manage to lose weight.

I'm debating if I should do it for a month and see where I am at. I still weight the calorie dense things, but I've managed to eyeball everything and be dead on with it, so who knows.

I really a want to try this. I think it will help with my anorexia if I'm not so focused on numbers and logging. My parents would feel better, too. They're scared to death for me. :anguished:

I'm way too terrified, though. :frowning:

I have no idea if this would help or not, but since your parents are involved and being supportive, would it be possible for you to just eyeball your portions, set out your meal or whatever snack you are going to eat and then your parents weigh and measure and log it secretly without you knowing, then you eat your served portion? Do that for a week or so, see where you're at and then you'll still have the actual info recorded so you can see how you are doing. Well, I'm not explaining that well, sorry.

I guess I just mean for you to eat intuitively as @ddrhellbunny did but have someone else log your food so that it's not so stressful to you.

Well, for one, I'm 28 and live alone. And two, my mom HATES that I weigh and track my food. I think she knew how obsessive I'd get even before I did. :confused:

They just want me to eat and be well and not worry. I just feel like my metabolism is destroyed and one false meal or an added rest day would ruin all my progress.

Thanks for the advice, though. :smile:
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,715 Member
    Options

I'm happy to report I've still managed to lose 2 lbs and 1-2 inches off my butt, thighs and waist. I'm kind of happy about this for 2 reasons.

1.) because I actually just eat when I am hungry and stop when I am full and finally feel satisfied ( I don't try to eat all my calories and get to my "goal" when I may not be hungry)

and

2.) because I realized I can actually eat a lot more than predicted and still manage to lose weight.

I'm debating if I should do it for a month and see where I am at. I still weight the calorie dense things, but I've managed to eyeball everything and be dead on with it, so who knows.

I really a want to try this. I think it will help with my anorexia if I'm not so focused on numbers and logging. My parents would feel better, too. They're scared to death for me. :anguished:

I have no idea if this would help or not, but since your parents are involved and being supportive, would it be possible for you to just eyeball your portions, set out your meal or whatever snack you are going to eat and then your parents weigh and measure and log it secretly without you knowing, then you eat your served portion? Do that for a week or so, see where you're at and then you'll still have the actual info recorded so you can see how you are doing. Well, I'm not explaining that well, sorry.

I guess I just mean for you to eat intuitively as @ddrhellbunny did but have someone else log your food so that it's not so stressful to you.

Well, for one, I'm 28 and live alone. And two, my mom HATES that I weigh and track my food. I think she knew how obsessive I'd get even before I did. :confused:

They just want me to eat and be well and not worry. I just feel like my metabolism is destroyed and one false meal or an added rest day would ruin all my progress.

I'm sorry. I knew you didn't live with your parents (I think you mentioned it earlier) but I was just trying to suggest something helpful. That mindset is a tough one to break through, but it IS doable! You're so very active I suppose all you can do is keep reminding yourself that you cannot sustain that activity level unless you are sufficiently fueled.

• ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    I see lots more super cute animal pics. :)

AngryViking1970-Happy Birthday!

Confession:Just_Ceci talking about her husband shopping way in advance reminded me that I'm already done with Christmas shopping for the year. I like being done early to avoid stress later. I also like doing it that way because I can spend a little out of each paycheck instead of having to spend a lot at one time closer to the holidays.

I've never understood how this is possible lol. My family and friends shop for themselves regularly, so if it was something they want they'll go buy it well before Christmas. Also, most of them like movies so a lot wouldn't be out yet.

However, you did remind me of a tip I read after this past Christmas that suggested buying gift cards throughout the year for places you know you'll do your Christmas shopping, then using those when it's time to buy. Same idea you have, spending a bit each month instead of having to come up with it all at once. I gotta get out and start getting gift cards!
  • ddrhellbunny
    ddrhellbunny Posts: 119 Member
    Options

and

Honestly, I was terrified before hand to not log my meals. I always assumed I would just "go of the deep end" because it didn't matter what I ate cause I wasn't logging so it didn't count. You have to learn to trust yourself.

But honestly, I got over it. Sure, the first 2 days I was like ahhh crap I have no idea where I am in my calories for the day, but I stopped and actually looked at myself. I said, are you hungry? No, ok... find something to do. Did some things and thought about it in a few hours.

Are you hungry now? yeah, I could eat a bit. had a little food. Was it satisfying? yup! Ok, your done eating. sweet.

Not thinking about how many calories left for the day has been a real eye opener for me. I actually just think about if I am hungry or not and work from there.

It's a bit terrifying, I know, but maybe you can give it a shot for a week and see how you feel. Best of luck for you :)
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options

kecmw25 wrote: »
    My new manager is starting Tuesday and I have to give the New Hire Orientation. I hate doing it, hate hate hate public speaking! I'm torn between doing a crappy job so I never get asked to do it again and trying harder than usual to impress the new boss.

I'm right there with you on this one. Whenever my manager is out I have to help with her part of the new hire presentation. I always get nervous during it and forget what I'm saying at least once. Hate it!

I tried, I even googled some statistics to try to add a little to the presentation but I was so nervous. I pretty much bombed. I kept messing up and umming.
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    My birthday is 2 days after Christmas and our anniversary is the last day of June. If I had any advice for engaged couples it would definitely be, DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT, GET MARRIED THE SAME MONTH YOUR TAGS ARE DUE!!! That was ridiculously dumb on our part. It makes anniversaries a bit challenging. Luckily, our finances are in a place now where it's not as big of a deal, but let me tell you, it still sucks butt.

Wait...what? How expensive is registration out there?!
  • ladybluu562
    ladybluu562 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Lol cool, I seen people do that before, with a sweatshirt, and a hoodie added. :p
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    My birthday is 2 days after Christmas and our anniversary is the last day of June. If I had any advice for engaged couples it would definitely be, DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT, GET MARRIED THE SAME MONTH YOUR TAGS ARE DUE!!! That was ridiculously dumb on our part. It makes anniversaries a bit challenging. Luckily, our finances are in a place now where it's not as big of a deal, but let me tell you, it still sucks butt.

Where I live it's about $35 plus tax.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    Confession: My husband and I are having ice cream for dinner tonight.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options

I want to know this, too! O.O
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    My weight loss "journey" began after having my first child and misscaring four times. Each time I gained and hated myself for failing at both pregnancy and weight loss. Went to the doctor recently and they say:

1) I need to take Metformin for my insulin resistant.

2) My eggs are bad and I can't have a healthy child.

3) We can try IVF and see if we get ONE good egg that might possibly mature and be a successful pregnancy.

That being said I went into depression and ate my heart out. I would eat donuts (plural because it was usually three plus m dew) two and three times a week. Not to mention just hating my body.

Two weeks ago my husband started working out again with a friend and last Sunday I just got up from my 3 hour TV binge and went to the gym. So...I have worked out in some manner for a complete 7 days now.

I'm still pissed, angry and mad at my situation about the babies but first We need to get healthy (like my husband said) and then we will see where it goes.

Who knows maybe adoption or egg donor...

I have had this all in my head for weeks and I needed to get it out.
    This forum has been the best thing for me to read today!

No advice just (((hugs))) I'm very sorry for all that you're going through. Fertility issues are tough
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options

I want to know this, too! O.O

In North Carolina, the tag is only about $30 a year, but you now also have to pay the property taxes on the vehicles at the same time to get the tag. We bought both our cars in December, so we have a double whammy right around Christmas. One car is getting pretty old now, so the hit is not too bad.

• tulips_and_tea
    Options

and

Honestly, I was terrified before hand to not log my meals. I always assumed I would just "go of the deep end" because it didn't matter what I ate cause I wasn't logging so it didn't count. You have to learn to trust yourself.

But honestly, I got over it. Sure, the first 2 days I was like ahhh crap I have no idea where I am in my calories for the day, but I stopped and actually looked at myself. I said, are you hungry? No, ok... find something to do. Did some things and thought about it in a few hours.

Are you hungry now? yeah, I could eat a bit. had a little food. Was it satisfying? yup! Ok, your done eating. sweet.

Not thinking about how many calories left for the day has been a real eye opener for me. I actually just think about if I am hungry or not and work from there.

It's a bit terrifying, I know, but maybe you can give it a shot for a week and see how you feel. Best of luck for you :)

Yes! This is fantastic advice and exactly how it is done. One note: if you do try it for a week and put on a pound or two, don't panic! Lots of other factors are involved. Just be consistent, aware of what your body is telling you and you will settle into your comfort zone.
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    Lefty1290 wrote: »

Not the way it is here! It's based on the year and size and make of the vehicle. A new full sized truck can run $800 - $1000 for registration. My son has an '07 Tundra and his annual registration is $700.00. Back in '03 when we bought a new Honda Accord it was $600.00. It does gradually go down each year but both of our '03 vehicles still run about $130.00 per year. Sports cars are also higher fees.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options

Not the way it is here! It's based on the year and size and make of the vehicle. A new full sized truck can run $800 - $1000 for registration. My son has an '07 Tundra and his annual registration is $700.00. Back in '03 when we bought a new Honda Accord it was $600.00. It does gradually go down each year but both of our '03 vehicles still run about $130.00 per year. Sports cars are also higher fees.

Wow. I bought a new car in Indiana and my tags were around $300/year. I guess that's a little less than 1% of what the car was worth. My other car (an '04 Explorer) was like $60, which was the minimum charge.

All of the other states I've lived in, it's a flat amount, and usually less than $100 per car.

Property taxes in Cook County, IL for my house, on the other hand - were around $10k per year.

As much as I enjoyed Chicago in the summertime, I'm glad to be out of there.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options
    LH85DC wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I confess, I feel a poop coming on.

You're still slacking in the confessions department, Pancake.

I'm a very pure, innocent soul. Not much to confess. :)

That's not what you said a few pages ago! Spill it! And I don't mean what you just said in your previous post. That we don't need to hear about. Since you're still with us on this thread you might as well contribute something good!

Poop isn't good enough for you people? That usually knocks 'em dead most places. Tough crowd. Hmmm. Confessions, confessions, let me think...

I confess that my dad's a recovering alcoholic who got rid of all the pets I loved and my childhood home when I was younger because he needed to move to Florida to try and keep my mom from divorcing him. When he was down in Florida, I witnessed my dad have an alcoholic seizure in front of my girlfriend who was meeting my parents for the first time. That was quite a few years ago, so he is doing better now. Even though I love my dad, we don't talk very much because he lives with my mom in NC now. That makes me a little sad, and I probably still harbor anger and resentment towards him.

Good enough?

Yes, that definitely qualifies as a confession. Growing up with an alcoholic parent is hard. My dad's dad was an alcoholic. Affected him and his brothers negatively in many ways.

Is he in a recovery program or does he just drink less? Sounds like your parents are still together. Is that a good thing or bad? Sorry about the loss of the pets. I don't tell many people this but about 2 years into my first marriage I had to move out of my house, find a place to live, and re-home 4 cats in less than 2 weeks. With a 2 yr. old. I wasn't as successful as I'd have liked to have been as far as the re-homing so I've never allowed myself to have pets ever again. :(

As far as I know, he just doesn't drink at all. That is one thing that my dad and I have in common. If we really want something, we make sure that we get it. No matter what the cost. So I do believe he is a person that just stopped. My parents being together is a very good thing. My mother's a sweetheart. That sucks about your pets. I have a couple cats and a dog now.

So, I want to know...is that really your chest? :)

I confess, that is really my chest. Taken with an iPad in my bathroom, right after a workout, flexing to exaggerate things a bit. I then used the black and white option on the iPad photo editor.

I also confess, I edited this for grammar.

Impressive. There was a guy in another thread (which I have no time anymore to check any other thread as this takes all my free time) who claimed some pic was of him, and it was some British actor. He totally got busted. He kept insisting it was himself until someone found the exact same picture on the internet and posted it. He finally confessed.

I was wondering if you were 'enhancing'. :)

No problem. It's a compliment. I guess I must be doing something right. Perhaps I've become a little too vain though. I know the exact spot in my house to make my pictures look the best. It's in the bathroom with the lights off, but the lights on in the hallway. For some reason the shadows make me look better than normal. There's a couple in my profile of me in the gym as well. I was by myself. No way I'd take my shirt off when someone else was in there. I really am a bit more shy in real life.

Well I know what I'm trying tonight.

Lol.

I have one of those spots too. Mine is in the bedroom, diffuse natural light from the side and only one bulb in a two-bulb overhead fixture (confession: it's been like that for WAY too long!). I've actually taken a shoulder pic that I keep meaning to post in this thread to promote BZAH10's workout :) because the arm looks a gazillion times more defined than it does in any other lighting.

I'd love to see it! I've attempted to take some more pictures of myself, but I'm terrible at it. I think I dislike the word "selfie" so much that I am unable to take a successful one.

Great lighting but kinda fuzzy. All credit to your shoulder workout, however!

USTogmq.jpg

Holy smokes. Your arm looks fantastic!

Agreed, your arm looks amazing! Now I'm going to have to troll back through this thread to try to find the arm workout!

Pretty simple: I have 3 lb. dumbbells that I use while sitting on the floor stretching at night. I do lots of reps with the low weights: forward and backward shoulder circles, small pulses up and down, both with palms up and palms down. Lots of different varieties. I'm terrible and explaining them, but basically 3 sets of 12 reps each any kind of arm and shoulder exercises. Sitting on the floor really isolates the arms. They are much harder that way then standing up. I also have 10 lb. dumbbells and have started doing overhead presses with them. 3 sets of 12 reps. each.

That's basically what my version looks like, although I started out with a 2 lb dumbbell and a 1.5 kg one until I found my 3 lb pair. Circles backward and forward, side lateral raises, front raises -- keeping the range of motion small and controlled seems to work the muscles differently than full movements. Sitting on the floor to do these forces good posture, which has got to be good for the core. I do OHP with the 3 lb weights too, as something snaps in the left side of my neck when I use 10 lb dumbbells... no idea what that is, but I doubt it's good.

I record 90 minutes of TV and watch it while I go through all the exercises in sequence, repeatedly. I do reps until the muscle gets fatigued, and I get rest breaks when I fast forward through commercials.

I hadn't been doing the workout when my SO was home but lately he's been doing his stretches on the floor in front of the TV anyway so I grab my dumbbells at the same time.

Please note that the arms don't look normally like that without some flexing! However, while we were in a restaurant recently, I braced myself against the table somehow getting into the booth and my SO was pretty amazed: "Look at your muscle!"
  • ermanilabiol
    ermanilabiol Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    When I come home I first check MFP and then fb!
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options

It's a flat $36 for the stupid sticker ever year in Pennsylvania.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Confession: today is my birthday and I am waiting to see if my husband will actually remember. In the 10 years we've been married, he has legit forgotten my birthday twice. At least 4 other times he's not remembered until the end of the day; like "getting into bed" end of the day. I'm not looking for a parade or anything, but a "Happy Birthday" sometime in the morning hours would be nice.

Happy Birthday! I would KILL him if he forgot. I love my birthday!
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    LH85DC wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I confess, I feel a poop coming on.

You're still slacking in the confessions department, Pancake.

I'm a very pure, innocent soul. Not much to confess. :)

That's not what you said a few pages ago! Spill it! And I don't mean what you just said in your previous post. That we don't need to hear about. Since you're still with us on this thread you might as well contribute something good!

Poop isn't good enough for you people? That usually knocks 'em dead most places. Tough crowd. Hmmm. Confessions, confessions, let me think...

I confess that my dad's a recovering alcoholic who got rid of all the pets I loved and my childhood home when I was younger because he needed to move to Florida to try and keep my mom from divorcing him. When he was down in Florida, I witnessed my dad have an alcoholic seizure in front of my girlfriend who was meeting my parents for the first time. That was quite a few years ago, so he is doing better now. Even though I love my dad, we don't talk very much because he lives with my mom in NC now. That makes me a little sad, and I probably still harbor anger and resentment towards him.

Good enough?

Yes, that definitely qualifies as a confession. Growing up with an alcoholic parent is hard. My dad's dad was an alcoholic. Affected him and his brothers negatively in many ways.

Is he in a recovery program or does he just drink less? Sounds like your parents are still together. Is that a good thing or bad? Sorry about the loss of the pets. I don't tell many people this but about 2 years into my first marriage I had to move out of my house, find a place to live, and re-home 4 cats in less than 2 weeks. With a 2 yr. old. I wasn't as successful as I'd have liked to have been as far as the re-homing so I've never allowed myself to have pets ever again. :(

As far as I know, he just doesn't drink at all. That is one thing that my dad and I have in common. If we really want something, we make sure that we get it. No matter what the cost. So I do believe he is a person that just stopped. My parents being together is a very good thing. My mother's a sweetheart. That sucks about your pets. I have a couple cats and a dog now.

So, I want to know...is that really your chest? :)

I confess, that is really my chest. Taken with an iPad in my bathroom, right after a workout, flexing to exaggerate things a bit. I then used the black and white option on the iPad photo editor.

I also confess, I edited this for grammar.

Impressive. There was a guy in another thread (which I have no time anymore to check any other thread as this takes all my free time) who claimed some pic was of him, and it was some British actor. He totally got busted. He kept insisting it was himself until someone found the exact same picture on the internet and posted it. He finally confessed.

I was wondering if you were 'enhancing'. :)

No problem. It's a compliment. I guess I must be doing something right. Perhaps I've become a little too vain though. I know the exact spot in my house to make my pictures look the best. It's in the bathroom with the lights off, but the lights on in the hallway. For some reason the shadows make me look better than normal. There's a couple in my profile of me in the gym as well. I was by myself. No way I'd take my shirt off when someone else was in there. I really am a bit more shy in real life.

Well I know what I'm trying tonight.

Lol.

I have one of those spots too. Mine is in the bedroom, diffuse natural light from the side and only one bulb in a two-bulb overhead fixture (confession: it's been like that for WAY too long!). I've actually taken a shoulder pic that I keep meaning to post in this thread to promote BZAH10's workout :) because the arm looks a gazillion times more defined than it does in any other lighting.

I'd love to see it! I've attempted to take some more pictures of myself, but I'm terrible at it. I think I dislike the word "selfie" so much that I am unable to take a successful one.

Great lighting but kinda fuzzy. All credit to your shoulder workout, however!

USTogmq.jpg

Holy smokes. Your arm looks fantastic!

Agreed, your arm looks amazing! Now I'm going to have to troll back through this thread to try to find the arm workout!

Pretty simple: I have 3 lb. dumbbells that I use while sitting on the floor stretching at night. I do lots of reps with the low weights: forward and backward shoulder circles, small pulses up and down, both with palms up and palms down. Lots of different varieties. I'm terrible and explaining them, but basically 3 sets of 12 reps each any kind of arm and shoulder exercises. Sitting on the floor really isolates the arms. They are much harder that way then standing up. I also have 10 lb. dumbbells and have started doing overhead presses with them. 3 sets of 12 reps. each.

That's basically what my version looks like, although I started out with a 2 lb dumbbell and a 1.5 kg one until I found my 3 lb pair. Circles backward and forward, side lateral raises, front raises -- keeping the range of motion small and controlled seems to work the muscles differently than full movements. Sitting on the floor to do these forces good posture, which has got to be good for the core. I do OHP with the 3 lb weights too, as something snaps in the left side of my neck when I use 10 lb dumbbells... no idea what that is, but I doubt it's good.

I record 90 minutes of TV and watch it while I go through all the exercises in sequence, repeatedly. I do reps until the muscle gets fatigued, and I get rest breaks when I fast forward through commercials.

I hadn't been doing the workout when my SO was home but lately he's been doing his stretches on the floor in front of the TV anyway so I grab my dumbbells at the same time.

Please note that the arms don't look normally like that without some flexing! However, while we were in a restaurant recently, I braced myself against the table somehow getting into the booth and my SO was pretty amazed: "Look at your muscle!"

Thanks for explaining better than I did! And yes, I do sets to fatigue as well. My shoulders are usually burning by the time I'm done. Thankfully it fades quickly, but one important note to all: don't forget to stretch your arms, shoulders and neck when you're done! If I don't do that my deep tissue massages can get quite painful in that area.