Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,715 Member
    Options
    So as an experiment I decided to not log for a week and see how I would do.

I'm happy to report I've still managed to lose 2 lbs and 1-2 inches off my butt, thighs and waist. I'm kind of happy about this for 2 reasons.

1.) because I actually just eat when I am hungry and stop when I am full and finally feel satisfied ( I don't try to eat all my calories and get to my "goal" when I may not be hungry)

and

2.) because I realized I can actually eat a lot more than predicted and still manage to lose weight.

I'm debating if I should do it for a month and see where I am at. I still weight the calorie dense things, but I've managed to eyeball everything and be dead on with it, so who knows.

Good for you! Congratulations on your success!
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    festerw wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    MissLaaber wrote: »
    I hope everyone who has the long weekend is enjoying it! I want to hear stories about what you guys got up to so I can live vicariously through them.

I went to a birthday party yesterday, had hotdogs, pulled pork, chicken dip, cake ice cream and more beer than I should have. Then did a Glow Run where I work with my mom, wife, daughter and niece.

Today I put a brisket on the smoker at 8am and as of right now it's almost up to temperature. Stoked up a fire around 10am and did steaks for lunch and have had a few adult beverages since then while taking care of some yard work and now I'm just chilling by the fire waiting for the brisket to finish.

IMG_20150525_151128252_zpsyzjajosw.jpg

Interesting Koozie (sp?)...

That would be a Boobzie, my wife got it for me as a birthday present last year.
    thechivery.com/products/keep-calm-and-chive-on-boobzie-2-pack
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    MissLaaber wrote: »
    I hope everyone who has the long weekend is enjoying it! I want to hear stories about what you guys got up to so I can live vicariously through them.

I went to a birthday party yesterday, had hotdogs, pulled pork, chicken dip, cake ice cream and more beer than I should have. Then did a Glow Run where I work with my mom, wife, daughter and niece.

Today I put a brisket on the smoker at 8am and as of right now it's almost up to temperature. Stoked up a fire around 10am and did steaks for lunch and have had a few adult beverages since then while taking care of some yard work and now I'm just chilling by the fire waiting for the brisket to finish.

IMG_20150525_151128252_zpsyzjajosw.jpg

THAT is how Memorial Day is celebrated! Well done. How'd the brisket turn out? Of course, I'm sure we all remembered what the real meaning of the day is for as well. Love your beer holder, btw!

Brisket turned out great, Saturday we went to plant flowers at the cemeteries for the lost loved ones and Monday morning raised the stars and bars for the first time this year on our big flag pole. We've got family on both sides who are current and past service members so the thoughts are there often.

Sounds like a great weekend!
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    Confession: today is my birthday and I am waiting to see if my husband will actually remember. In the 10 years we've been married, he has legit forgotten my birthday twice. At least 4 other times he's not remembered until the end of the day; like "getting into bed" end of the day. I'm not looking for a parade or anything, but a "Happy Birthday" sometime in the morning hours would be nice.

Happy Birthday! I always remind my husband two weeks out, one week out, and every day leading up to it. I like birthdays alot!
  • kellienw335
    Options
    I have finally caught up.

Those of you who are my peeps already know this, but my FIL is currently in the hospital (and it was not looking good Sunday/Monday), but we got great news this morning. He should be alright, though it will be a long road to recovery.

I ate like I spent most of my weekend in a hospital waiting area/sleeping on my BIL's couch, and it shows. I feel like hell, but I'm at work today, so I forced myself to pack an acceptable lunch, and I WILL get my act together over the next couple of days. I even plan to hit the gym tonight and lift my aggression out.

Confession: Prior to putting on a crapton of under eye concealer, I basically looked like a walking corpse. I'm so pale that it's kind of horrifying to other people when I don't get enough sleep.

Glad to hear he's doing well!
  • LH85DC
    LH85DC Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I've kind of lost my drive to keep on track, which is really stupid since I'll have to be seen in a swimsuit in a little more than a month. I just want to eat and drink what I want and not give a crap. I think I might be depressed because of all the crap that's going on right now with my stepdaughter (not going into that) and my kitty being gone.

I did have an NSV yesterday while cleaning out my closet. I have a pair of BCBG boots that have always been tight on my calves. I put them on yesterday and I actually had a little bit of room where they weren't suffocating my legs. I felt pretty good about that.

That's awesome! My calves are just big enough to be a problem in boots, and last year I was able to buy regular (not wide-calf) boots for the first time since college. That was such a great feeling!
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Confession: today is my birthday and I am waiting to see if my husband will actually remember. In the 10 years we've been married, he has legit forgotten my birthday twice. At least 4 other times he's not remembered until the end of the day; like "getting into bed" end of the day. I'm not looking for a parade or anything, but a "Happy Birthday" sometime in the morning hours would be nice.

Happy Birthday! I always remind my husband two weeks out, one week out, and every day leading up to it. I like birthdays alot!

Thanks! And thanks for all the b-day wishes! I may be passive aggressive in that I will mention it from time to time, but about 3 days out, I don't really say anything. I'm testing him...and he's failing miserably! I think I'm going to treat myself to a mani/pedi after work today.
  • LH85DC
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »

My husband is the same.

Wow, you guys are very forgiving. I might not wake up the next day if I forgot!

I don't give my husband the chance to forget. He gets reminders for weeks in advance, and usually an e-mail of exactly what I want for a gift. He prefers it that way, he says.

Haha, that's great. I told my fiance the other day that he's going to have it either really easy or really hard - we're getting married October 3, and my birthday is October 23. So if he remembers one he should be able to remember the other! haha
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    LH85DC wrote: »
    I've kind of lost my drive to keep on track, which is really stupid since I'll have to be seen in a swimsuit in a little more than a month. I just want to eat and drink what I want and not give a crap. I think I might be depressed because of all the crap that's going on right now with my stepdaughter (not going into that) and my kitty being gone.

I did have an NSV yesterday while cleaning out my closet. I have a pair of BCBG boots that have always been tight on my calves. I put them on yesterday and I actually had a little bit of room where they weren't suffocating my legs. I felt pretty good about that.

That's awesome! My calves are just big enough to be a problem in boots, and last year I was able to buy regular (not wide-calf) boots for the first time since college. That was such a great feeling!

I've always had bigger legs (thanks, Mom) even when I was really thin. They are starting to lean out and get muscular thanks to the 3x a week workouts I've been doing. If I really put in the effort, I'm sure I'd get even more incredible results, but I'm just too lazy.

Now, if I could just get a tan, I'd be in good shape. Pun totally intended. :p

• Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options

Thanks! And thanks for all the b-day wishes! I may be passive aggressive in that I will mention it from time to time, but about 3 days out, I don't really say anything. I'm testing him...and he's failing miserably! I think I'm going to treat myself to a mani/pedi after work today.

Send him a text that you are treating yourself for your birthday.
  • LH85DC
    Options

I've always had bigger legs (thanks, Mom) even when I was really thin. They are starting to lean out and get muscular thanks to the 3x a week workouts I've been doing. If I really put in the effort, I'm sure I'd get even more incredible results, but I'm just too lazy.

I can relate so much! Not only with the calves, but also with the tan... I can pick up a tiny bit of sun on my arms and face if I'm outside enough, even through my sunscreen, but I have the palest legs (even with tinted moisturizer). Wearing shorts is always a last resort for me, and I only do it when it's really hot or if I'm just working out/walking the dog... I feel like I could blind people with my legs.
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    My birthday is 2 days after Christmas and our anniversary is the last day of June. If I had any advice for engaged couples it would definitely be, DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT, GET MARRIED THE SAME MONTH YOUR TAGS ARE DUE!!! That was ridiculously dumb on our part. It makes anniversaries a bit challenging. Luckily, our finances are in a place now where it's not as big of a deal, but let me tell you, it still sucks butt.
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options

As well you should! Happy Birthday!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Kudos to all of you who dared weighing themselves today.

Yesterday wasn't bad at all and I was actually 200 under my goal... which never happens.. but Sunday, that's another story. I'm actually in my not hungry week now so really enjoying it... still not planning on weighing myself for another 2-3 weeks.
  • MoHousdon
    Options

I can relate so much! Not only with the calves, but also with the tan... I can pick up a tiny bit of sun on my arms and face if I'm outside enough, even through my sunscreen, but I have the palest legs (even with tinted moisturizer). Wearing shorts is always a last resort for me, and I only do it when it's really hot or if I'm just working out/walking the dog... I feel like I could blind people with my legs.

TRUTH!

I usually don't give a crap about how white my legs are during the summer, but since we're going to Florida next month, I'd like to have at least some sort of color other than fluorescent albino. Maybe I'll just wear maxi skirts/dresses the whole time and not even worry about it. I still have the issue with the swimsuit though, (which my husband informed me he hates so I'll be returning it to try to find another) because if I plan on swimming at all, I'll have to take off the dress/skirt.

• kellienw335
    Options
    My birthday is 2 days after Christmas and our anniversary is the last day of June. If I had any advice for engaged couples it would definitely be, DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT, GET MARRIED THE SAME MONTH YOUR TAGS ARE DUE!!! That was ridiculously dumb on our part. It makes anniversaries a bit challenging. Luckily, our finances are in a place now where it's not as big of a deal, but let me tell you, it still sucks butt.

Definitely put some time into thinking about when you are getting married. Within a months time we have, Valentine's Day (not a big one for us), our anniversary, my birthday, and our daughter's birthday. Makes it really hard!
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options

Oh, I made the mistake of not calculating for pricey vehicle tags a while back. My truck tags and my sons (was paying his at the time) were both due in Jan. which is one month after Christmas (already pretty broke) and Jan. is my sons birthday. Was seriously broke during those months for a few years there. But, where I live vehicle tags are ridiculously expensive. That's one of the main factors as to why I haven't bought a new truck recently.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Kudos to all of you who dared weighing themselves today.

Yesterday wasn't bad at all and I was actually 200 under my goal... which never happens.. but Sunday, that's another story. I'm actually in my not hungry week now so really enjoying it... still not planning on weighing myself for another 2-3 weeks.

I weighed in this morning at 5 lbs over my goal weight, which triggers my, "OMG- I'm getting fat again!" response. I'm trying to tell myself it's water weight from all the sodium and exercising lately. Might have to start logging my food again, though. :s
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I confess, I feel a poop coming on.

You're still slacking in the confessions department, Pancake.

I'm a very pure, innocent soul. Not much to confess. :)

That's not what you said a few pages ago! Spill it! And I don't mean what you just said in your previous post. That we don't need to hear about. Since you're still with us on this thread you might as well contribute something good!

Poop isn't good enough for you people? That usually knocks 'em dead most places. Tough crowd. Hmmm. Confessions, confessions, let me think...

I confess that my dad's a recovering alcoholic who got rid of all the pets I loved and my childhood home when I was younger because he needed to move to Florida to try and keep my mom from divorcing him. When he was down in Florida, I witnessed my dad have an alcoholic seizure in front of my girlfriend who was meeting my parents for the first time. That was quite a few years ago, so he is doing better now. Even though I love my dad, we don't talk very much because he lives with my mom in NC now. That makes me a little sad, and I probably still harbor anger and resentment towards him.

Good enough?

Yes, that definitely qualifies as a confession. Growing up with an alcoholic parent is hard. My dad's dad was an alcoholic. Affected him and his brothers negatively in many ways.

Is he in a recovery program or does he just drink less? Sounds like your parents are still together. Is that a good thing or bad? Sorry about the loss of the pets. I don't tell many people this but about 2 years into my first marriage I had to move out of my house, find a place to live, and re-home 4 cats in less than 2 weeks. With a 2 yr. old. I wasn't as successful as I'd have liked to have been as far as the re-homing so I've never allowed myself to have pets ever again. :(

As far as I know, he just doesn't drink at all. That is one thing that my dad and I have in common. If we really want something, we make sure that we get it. No matter what the cost. So I do believe he is a person that just stopped. My parents being together is a very good thing. My mother's a sweetheart. That sucks about your pets. I have a couple cats and a dog now.

So, I want to know...is that really your chest? :)

I confess, that is really my chest. Taken with an iPad in my bathroom, right after a workout, flexing to exaggerate things a bit. I then used the black and white option on the iPad photo editor.

I also confess, I edited this for grammar.

Impressive. There was a guy in another thread (which I have no time anymore to check any other thread as this takes all my free time) who claimed some pic was of him, and it was some British actor. He totally got busted. He kept insisting it was himself until someone found the exact same picture on the internet and posted it. He finally confessed.

I was wondering if you were 'enhancing'. :)

No problem. It's a compliment. I guess I must be doing something right. Perhaps I've become a little too vain though. I know the exact spot in my house to make my pictures look the best. It's in the bathroom with the lights off, but the lights on in the hallway. For some reason the shadows make me look better than normal. There's a couple in my profile of me in the gym as well. I was by myself. No way I'd take my shirt off when someone else was in there. I really am a bit more shy in real life.

Well I know what I'm trying tonight.

Lol.

I have one of those spots too. Mine is in the bedroom, diffuse natural light from the side and only one bulb in a two-bulb overhead fixture (confession: it's been like that for WAY too long!). I've actually taken a shoulder pic that I keep meaning to post in this thread to promote BZAH10's workout :) because the arm looks a gazillion times more defined than it does in any other lighting.

I'd love to see it! I've attempted to take some more pictures of myself, but I'm terrible at it. I think I dislike the word "selfie" so much that I am unable to take a successful one.

Great lighting but kinda fuzzy. All credit to your shoulder workout, however!

USTogmq.jpg

Holy smokes. Your arm looks fantastic!

Agreed, your arm looks amazing! Now I'm going to have to troll back through this thread to try to find the arm workout!

Pretty simple: I have 3 lb. dumbbells that I use while sitting on the floor stretching at night. I do lots of reps with the low weights: forward and backward shoulder circles, small pulses up and down, both with palms up and palms down. Lots of different varieties. I'm terrible and explaining them, but basically 3 sets of 12 reps each any kind of arm and shoulder exercises. Sitting on the floor really isolates the arms. They are much harder that way then standing up. I also have 10 lb. dumbbells and have started doing overhead presses with them. 3 sets of 12 reps. each.
  • LH85DC
    Options

Oh, I made the mistake of not calculating for pricey vehicle tags a while back. My truck tags and my sons (was paying his at the time) were both due in Jan. which is one month after Christmas (already pretty broke) and Jan. is my sons birthday. Was seriously broke during those months for a few years there. But, where I live vehicle tags are ridiculously expensive. That's one of the main factors as to why I haven't bought a new truck recently.

I have to admit that this never crossed my mind when we picked our date, largely because I don't own a car! We live in DC though, so I take the metro to/from work. My fiance does have a car, but I believe it was a spring purchase, so renewing its tags shouldn't overlap with the anniversary/etc!
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    So as an experiment I decided to not log for a week and see how I would do.

I'm happy to report I've still managed to lose 2 lbs and 1-2 inches off my butt, thighs and waist. I'm kind of happy about this for 2 reasons.

1.) because I actually just eat when I am hungry and stop when I am full and finally feel satisfied ( I don't try to eat all my calories and get to my "goal" when I may not be hungry)

and

2.) because I realized I can actually eat a lot more than predicted and still manage to lose weight.

I'm debating if I should do it for a month and see where I am at. I still weight the calorie dense things, but I've managed to eyeball everything and be dead on with it, so who knows.

I really a want to try this. I think it will help with my anorexia if I'm not so focused on numbers and logging. My parents would feel better, too. They're scared to death for me. :anguished:

I'm way too terrified, though. :frowning:

I have no idea if this would help or not, but since your parents are involved and being supportive, would it be possible for you to just eyeball your portions, set out your meal or whatever snack you are going to eat and then your parents weigh and measure and log it secretly without you knowing, then you eat your served portion? Do that for a week or so, see where you're at and then you'll still have the actual info recorded so you can see how you are doing. Well, I'm not explaining that well, sorry.

I guess I just mean for you to eat intuitively as @ddrhellbunny did but have someone else log your food so that it's not so stressful to you.