Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• margfish
    margfish Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    margfish wrote: »
    I confess that our BBQ just ended and I must have eaten about 5000 calories. I really went off the deep end. It's going to take me awhile to bounce back from this one. :(

Sounds like you had a good time at least:).

Haha. Thanks for the bright side! I did, but I paid for it later that night.

I just got done with a 6 mile walk, though, so trying to get right back on track!
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    eMka11 wrote: »
    When I was 12 or 13 my best school friend told me you can summon devil by looking in the mirror and calling his name 3 times, then she started to call... I was in tears begging her to stop after she said it for the second time. I was petrified!

At 50 I still don't look into a mirror in the dark, I am to afraid.

I have never been able to actually say "Bloody Mary" three times in front of the mirror. I mean, the odds of something actually happening are pretty slim, but why take the chance?!

Does anyone else hate when their feet are outside of the blanket or over the bed?

drives me crazy. Even when my hubby puts a blanket on my, he must make sure my feet are tucked in.
  • LuckyPolarBear
    LuckyPolarBear Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    ErikThaRed wrote: »
    I log sexual activity in my exercise diary; and even looked up how much calories mastur.bation burns...lol
    salembambi wrote: »
    salembambi wrote: »
    HawtTamale wrote: »
    I refuse to have sex with the lights on for fear the man I'm with will see my body and be so repulsed he'll refuse to have sex with me.

ug
  • LuckyPolarBear
    LuckyPolarBear Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I just returned a bunch of clothes that became much too big. I gave them a different excuse. Only wore them for 3 weeks, but I'm on a budget and couldn't afford to buy new stuff. Was that wrong? I feel kind of bad...
  • ahenderson0119
    ahenderson0119 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    When I started this, I was diagnosed with insulin resistance. I was on Metformin for months. I've successfully reversed my insulin resistance, but I've been too scared to come off the Metformin - I think I convinced myself that it was the only reason I've successfully lost the 69 pounds - that I'm incapable of doing it on my own.

I did stop, as of Wednesday. I still scared :)

Myself as well. I wonder if the Metformin made you sick? I'm scared to get back on it but I know that it can be helpful for me.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    my guilty pleasure? I keep a jar of peanut M&Ms next to my rack. Grab 10 as I watch tv. Learned that if I eat what I crave...in strict moderation Im golden..keeps binge eating away...happens if I'm not on point when I drink..oh..yeah...I like 3 pints o Guiness on the weekends...and a couple of Irish Car Bombs..n smoking a cigar...then ridin my zx10 along the coastline balls out on the way home...already lost a testacle on a high speed accident....that is totally another story!
    Is your confession drunk driving? :/
    Also, I find the drink name 'Irish Car Bomb' to be highly offensive. As someone who grew up in the UK during the troubles, and knew people directly affected by the terrorism, I can't find it funny or edgy.

No apologies for the judgement.

I know this wasn't my post, but I didn't realize this could be offensive.., and to be honest, I don't know what troubles you mean. (sorry I'm uneducated on this)
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    my guilty pleasure? I keep a jar of peanut M&Ms next to my rack. Grab 10 as I watch tv. Learned that if I eat what I crave...in strict moderation Im golden..keeps binge eating away...happens if I'm not on point when I drink..oh..yeah...I like 3 pints o Guiness on the weekends...and a couple of Irish Car Bombs..n smoking a cigar...then ridin my zx10 along the coastline balls out on the way home...already lost a testacle on a high speed accident....that is totally another story!
    Also, I find the drink name 'Irish Car Bomb' to be highly offensive. As someone who grew up in the UK during the troubles, and knew people directly affected by the terrorism, I can't find it funny or edgy.

I know this wasn't my post, but I didn't realize this could be offensive.., and to be honest, I don't know what troubles you mean. (sorry I'm uneducated on this)

If you read the Wikipedia article about the drink there's a link to the troubles.

But in short, the troubles was 30 years of unrest and fighting, mostly within Northern Ireland that resulted in the deaths of over 3,500 people and the injuring of over 47,500.
    Yes, thanks for the summary. I grew up in a town that had a couple of nasty attacks in which people died.
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »

I had no idea the significant behind the name of the drink until a few months ago the boyfriend was visiting from the UK and explained it to me :( Before that I never gave it a second thought.
    Yeah, he would probably get it, although maybe not if he's pretty young. Basically it would be like naming a drink The 9/11.
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    AlciaMode wrote: »
    med704s wrote: »
    If I "blow" a day, I always stuff myself (literally) and SWEAR that I will get back on track the following day. Well, I have done that everyday for the past month and have gained all the weight back that I had lost previously. Now I have to lose the 15 pounds all over again. :-( I wish there was some way I could change this mindset (in that if I exceed the amount of "allotted" calories per day that I stuff myself the rest of the day)?! Anyway, that is my confession!

I once saw a meme that said something like eating like crap for a whole day because you had one bad meal is like taking a sledge hammer to an iphone just because you got a crack in the screen.

I've seen one that said it's like getting a flat tire when you're halfway to your destination, and instead of just changing the tire and continuing, you puncture the other tires, smash the car with a sledgehammer, set it on fire, and go back home.
    That's funny!
    I used to honestly think that a diet could only start on a Monday morning, and if you screwed up you kinda had to wait until the next Monday to get back on the wagon.
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    When I was 12 or 13 my best school friend told me you can summon devil by looking in the mirror and calling his name 3 times, then she started to call... I was in tears begging her to stop after she said it for the second time. I was petrified!

I have never been able to actually say "Bloody Mary" three times in front of the mirror. I mean, the odds of something actually happening are pretty slim, but why take the chance?!

Does anyone else hate when their feet are outside of the blanket or over the bed?
    No! I usually sleep with my feet outside. I hate having hot feet.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I confess that I majorly fell off the wagon the past couple of months by binging a lot & restricting. On Thursday I ate a pint & one serving of Ben & Jerry's Save Our Swirled, a whole pint of Talenti Coconut Chocolate Chip, & Arby's. I weighed myself today & it said 160 which I assume some of the weight gain is from going over sodium the past few days, but I am not going to deny that most of it came from binging. I think my biggest problem is my days off from work & eating too many calories in the morning & afternoon & then feeling ravenous in the late afternoon & night. I am going to try to space out my meals on my days off & see how it goes.

I also confess that I am listening to Hazard by Richard Marx on Youtube. Who killed Mary? Mullet Haired Richard Marx or the Sheriff?

44ed07bcf50e122cc180ceb3cde1e470.jpg

That song is on my phone. I still have no idea what happened to Mary and it bothers me!
  • overlook237
    overlook237 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I confess that I majorly fell off the wagon the past couple of months by binging a lot & restricting. On Thursday I ate a pint & one serving of Ben & Jerry's Save Our Swirled, a whole pint of Talenti Coconut Chocolate Chip, & Arby's. I weighed myself today & it said 160 which I assume some of the weight gain is from going over sodium the past few days, but I am not going to deny that most of it came from binging. I think my biggest problem is my days off from work & eating too many calories in the morning & afternoon & then feeling ravenous in the late afternoon & night. I am going to try to space out my meals on my days off & see how it goes.

I also confess that I am listening to Hazard by Richard Marx on Youtube. Who killed Mary? Mullet Haired Richard Marx or the Sheriff?

44ed07bcf50e122cc180ceb3cde1e470.jpg

I love that song!!!!!! I must now add this to my playlist. LOL! And it was totally the sheriff. It's always the sheriff ;)
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    A friend went and saw a band last night that I saw last year. She took pics with her phone; 95% are blurry and awful. My pics with an actual camera are way better. Bragging. I don't believe in relying on cell phones for media when it comes to concerts, except for when I wasn't allowed to bring my camera in for a concert last summer.
  • ahenderson0119
    ahenderson0119 Posts: 4 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Khole888 wrote: »
    lisaw19855 wrote: »
    I weigh myself daily but don't log it, I accept the fluctuations and usually know why (no poop, too much sodium) but I hate seeing in on my little graph thing.

Same. I only log if I lost something. Lol.

Me too! But only in the mornings! My withings scale will automatically log it for me. On days I don't like what I see, I go delete it out of my news feed......
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options

Glinda1971 wrote: »

If you read the Wikipedia article about the drink there's a link to the troubles.

But in short, the troubles was 30 years of unrest and fighting, mostly within Northern Ireland that resulted in the deaths of over 3,500 people and the injuring of over 47,500.
    Yes, thanks for the summary. I grew up in a town that had a couple of nasty attacks in which people died.

I had no idea the significant behind the name of the drink until a few months ago the boyfriend was visiting from the UK and explained it to me :( Before that I never gave it a second thought.
    Yeah, he would probably get it, although maybe not if he's pretty young. Basically it would be like naming a drink The 9/11.

Definitely noted! Ugh yes that would be awful :(
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Wow not many posts today.

I was totally stalking the buffet at our friends today. Was basically waiting and testing out every new dessert that showed up. No regrets though, for once. Actually enjoying being full as it hasn't happened in a few days. And motivated to get back on track tomorrow.

I was almost the thinnest person there too and someone I've known for 10 years asked me how I managed to stay so skinny. I didn't really know what to say... especially as I had been stuffing my face for an hour. So I said 'not by eating like this, that's for sure'. Not sure how she took it...

That's funny. And ironic.
  • Oberon21
    Options

Eee oh yes I do!! I hate if any body part hangs over the bed! I'm 29 and still think monsters live under my bed! :o

This is totally me! I cannot sleep with a single body part hanging over the bed. Something will get it. And I am 47!
  • pearso21123
    pearso21123 Posts: 351 Member
    Options

I'm still catching up, but wanted to comment on this. My doctor actually recommended eating 10 calories for every pound you want to weigh, so if you want to weigh 135 pounds you eat 1350 calories. You should slowly lose weight until you hit your goal. I have yet to try this method but I thought it was an interesting suggestion, and one I'd never heard before. [/quote]

Not really true. :) I already weigh around 135 pounds, and 1350 is a fairly large deficit for me even at this weight. And if someone very petite wanted to weigh around 95 pounds, they'd be eating less than 1000 calories! It's a "quick way" of deciding a deficit, but has no basis in science that I know of... And if a really heavy person were to decide their deficit in that way, they'd be eating way too little to sustain themselves at their size. Just my two cents. :)

[/quote]

Thank you! This gives me some hope for the future. My goal weight is 140 and I thought I was going to go through life hungry even when I reached my goal based on his numbers. I'll admit I was a little skeptical based on the fact that (1) he is very obese and (2) never once has he ever talked to me about losing weight, even when he could see the numbers keep going up on my chart. I don't know if he doesn't like talking to patients about their weight since he has a problem, himself? Even so, it is his job as a doctor to counsel his patients on how to be healthier. It wasn't until I went in for a checkup when I started my own weight loss "journey" (I hate that term but what else to use?) that he made the suggestion. I wish he had spoken up sooner, then maybe I wouldn't have ignored my problem for as long as I did.
  • Oberon21
    Options

Ditto and I haven't even made it to the original post but never knew there was any significance to this.
  • pearso21123
    pearso21123 Posts: 351 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    That's why doctor shouldn't give advice on nutrition. I'd probably be so hangry I'd be killing people on so little food.

So I was hungry again yesterday and went over again (surprise, surprise) and today we're having that potluck picnic. My confession is that I'm kinda glad they totally messed up the app as I haven't figured out how to see how many calories over you are for the week with the new one. It's probably not very pretty.

You would think you should be able to trust the advice of your family doctor. Maybe I'm just too trusting and naive? My husband says so.

I have no idea what just happened. I messed up the quotes.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    For anyone old (like, really old - I'm 47) Doodleart is back!!
    http://doodleartworld.com/
    I bought one for my sister's birthday from Chapters but it looks like they're also on Amazon.

Ok so judging here. I am 47 and I am FAR from old. Just sayin'
  • Oberon21
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    I confess, I feel a poop coming on.

You're still slacking in the confessions department, Pancake.

I'm a very pure, innocent soul. Not much to confess. :)

That's not what you said a few pages ago! Spill it! And I don't mean what you just said in your previous post. That we don't need to hear about. Since you're still with us on this thread you might as well contribute something good!

Poop isn't good enough for you people? That usually knocks 'em dead most places. Tough crowd. Hmmm. Confessions, confessions, let me think...

I confess that my dad's a recovering alcoholic who got rid of all the pets I loved and my childhood home when I was younger because he needed to move to Florida to try and keep my mom from divorcing him. When he was down in Florida, I witnessed my dad have an alcoholic seizure in front of my girlfriend who was meeting my parents for the first time. That was quite a few years ago, so he is doing better now. Even though I love my dad, we don't talk very much because he lives with my mom in NC now. That makes me a little sad, and I probably still harbor anger and resentment towards him.

Good enough?

Yes, that definitely qualifies as a confession. Growing up with an alcoholic parent is hard. My dad's dad was an alcoholic. Affected him and his brothers negatively in many ways.

Is he in a recovery program or does he just drink less? Sounds like your parents are still together. Is that a good thing or bad? Sorry about the loss of the pets. I don't tell many people this but about 2 years into my first marriage I had to move out of my house, find a place to live, and re-home 4 cats in less than 2 weeks. With a 2 yr. old. I wasn't as successful as I'd have liked to have been as far as the re-homing so I've never allowed myself to have pets ever again. :(

As far as I know, he just doesn't drink at all. That is one thing that my dad and I have in common. If we really want something, we make sure that we get it. No matter what the cost. So I do believe he is a person that just stopped. My parents being together is a very good thing. My mother's a sweetheart. That sucks about your pets. I have a couple cats and a dog now.

So, I want to know...is that really your chest? :)

I confess, that is really my chest. Taken with an iPad in my bathroom, right after a workout, flexing to exaggerate things a bit. I then used the black and white option on the iPad photo editor.

I also confess, I edited this for grammar.

Impressive. There was a guy in another thread (which I have no time anymore to check any other thread as this takes all my free time) who claimed some pic was of him, and it was some British actor. He totally got busted. He kept insisting it was himself until someone found the exact same picture on the internet and posted it. He finally confessed.

I was wondering if you were 'enhancing'. :)

No problem. It's a compliment. I guess I must be doing something right. Perhaps I've become a little too vain though. I know the exact spot in my house to make my pictures look the best. It's in the bathroom with the lights off, but the lights on in the hallway. For some reason the shadows make me look better than normal. There's a couple in my profile of me in the gym as well. I was by myself. No way I'd take my shirt off when someone else was in there. I really am a bit more shy in real life.

Well I know what I'm trying tonight.

Lol.

I have one of those spots too. Mine is in the bedroom, diffuse natural light from the side and only one bulb in a two-bulb overhead fixture (confession: it's been like that for WAY too long!). I've actually taken a shoulder pic that I keep meaning to post in this thread to promote BZAH10's workout :) because the arm looks a gazillion times more defined than it does in any other lighting.

I'd love to see it! I've attempted to take some more pictures of myself, but I'm terrible at it. I think I dislike the word "selfie" so much that I am unable to take a successful one.

Great lighting but kinda fuzzy. All credit to your shoulder workout, however!

USTogmq.jpg

Holy smokes. Your arm looks fantastic!