Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• xLoveLikeWinterx
    xLoveLikeWinterx Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    I ate and drank whatever I wanted Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. The result....a 6 pound gain! I know most of it is water weight and will be gone in a few days but it's still annoying to see that number on the scale. I eat low carb most of the time, so when I eat tons of carbs for a few days, I always see a big jump on the scale. Oh well. Back on track today!

Yep I get that too. The water retention is ridiculous!
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    This was me this weekend. I just wanted to eat all the food. I don't think I went crazy, except for maybe Sunday evening, but it was a rare occasion.

1eus53qyr05l.png

Yep, this is me too. I have a home bakery, too, so the licks/tastes do me in (starting to be my busy season with grad parties/weddings). I’ve stopped doing that but I still struggle with wanting to eat all the baked goods. I’m PCOS/Hypoglycemic/Pre-diabetic so I’m actually carb sensitive. I still eat some things, but I eat ridiculous amounts like ¼ of a brownie or ½ tbsp of frosting. If I don’t, I blow up like a balloon. I ignored that the last 6 months or so, hence the 20-25 lb I’m now trying to lose :(
    I ate relatively clean the last few days and managed to even shave off 0.5 lb. Worked out this morning but still want to faceplant in the spicy chocolate brownies I made last night.
    My oldest was running a 104 degree fever yesterday- luckily it’s down now to 101 but he’s still miserable. I resisted the urge to stress eat but just about drank my weight in iced tea/water trying to stay calm.
    This thread moves so fast I can’t keep up!

I hope your baby gets better soon.

• TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    I ate and drank whatever I wanted Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. The result....a 6 pound gain! I know most of it is water weight and will be gone in a few days but it's still annoying to see that number on the scale. I eat low carb most of the time, so when I eat tons of carbs for a few days, I always see a big jump on the scale. Oh well. Back on track today!

Yep I get that too. The water retention is ridiculous!

Yep!!! I feel so bloated and puffy. Ugh!
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    Well I've missed about 18 pages of confessions - sorry if there was anything vital!

Following the recent pet themed sharings, I don't have any pets of my own, however my brother has a cat called Dinger. It is short for Schrödinger, as in Schrödinger's cat, which I believe was mentioned way back in this thread. I love the name Dinger for a cat. It's a terrible thing to steal a fur baby name isn't it?
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,715 Member
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Confession: today is my birthday and I am waiting to see if my husband will actually remember. In the 10 years we've been married, he has legit forgotten my birthday twice. At least 4 other times he's not remembered until the end of the day; like "getting into bed" end of the day. I'm not looking for a parade or anything, but a "Happy Birthday" sometime in the morning hours would be nice.

My husband is the same.

Wow, you guys are very forgiving. I might not wake up the next day if I forgot!

I don't give my husband the chance to forget. He gets reminders for weeks in advance, and usually an e-mail of exactly what I want for a gift. He prefers it that way, he says.

My husband purposely chose our wedding date: the day before my birthday. That way he could remember them both at the same time. He's pretty good about family birthdates and what not. Better than I am.

@ythannah - awesome arms!!! I'm very behind on this thread and may have to skip some pages (but I really don't want to!). There are tons of posts I'd like to respond to, but figured I'd at least check in and make one post now. I think I'm only on page 673.
  • ddrhellbunny
    ddrhellbunny Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    So as an experiment I decided to not log for a week and see how I would do.

I'm happy to report I've still managed to lose 2 lbs and 1-2 inches off my butt, thighs and waist. I'm kind of happy about this for 2 reasons.

1.) because I actually just eat when I am hungry and stop when I am full and finally feel satisfied ( I don't try to eat all my calories and get to my "goal" when I may not be hungry)

and

2.) because I realized I can actually eat a lot more than predicted and still manage to lose weight.

I'm debating if I should do it for a month and see where I am at. I still weight the calorie dense things, but I've managed to eyeball everything and be dead on with it, so who knows.
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    eMka11 wrote: »
    @LBuehrle8 - lovely photo in your avatar :smile: - not sure if it's new as I can't see the avatars when I'm on my phone but I'm using my PC this morning.

@emka11 thank you! You've made my morning! :)
    Yes, lovely pic. Is that your Englishman?

Thank you! Yes that's him B)<3

Great pic!
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    MissLaaber wrote: »
    I hope everyone who has the long weekend is enjoying it! I want to hear stories about what you guys got up to so I can live vicariously through them.
    Yesterday was my first 6 mile run, it went well and so I rewarded myself with an XO Beer (beer and cognac, need I say more?) with an old friend and a great conversation. I feel like I am finally at that space where I can eat within reason and be ok, I can also eat a cheat and not have a freak out over it. :)

Fantastic! It's so freeing once you finally reach that point, isn't it? Not easy, of course, but certainly something to strive for.
  • krissyreminisce
    krissyreminisce Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    So as an experiment I decided to not log for a week and see how I would do.

I'm happy to report I've still managed to lose 2 lbs and 1-2 inches off my butt, thighs and waist. I'm kind of happy about this for 2 reasons.

1.) because I actually just eat when I am hungry and stop when I am full and finally feel satisfied ( I don't try to eat all my calories and get to my "goal" when I may not be hungry)

and

2.) because I realized I can actually eat a lot more than predicted and still manage to lose weight.

I'm debating if I should do it for a month and see where I am at. I still weight the calorie dense things, but I've managed to eyeball everything and be dead on with it, so who knows.

I really a want to try this. I think it will help with my anorexia if I'm not so focused on numbers and logging. My parents would feel better, too. They're scared to death for me. :anguished:

I'm way too terrified, though. :frowning:
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    festerw wrote: »
    I hope everyone who has the long weekend is enjoying it! I want to hear stories about what you guys got up to so I can live vicariously through them.

I went to a birthday party yesterday, had hotdogs, pulled pork, chicken dip, cake ice cream and more beer than I should have. Then did a Glow Run where I work with my mom, wife, daughter and niece.

Today I put a brisket on the smoker at 8am and as of right now it's almost up to temperature. Stoked up a fire around 10am and did steaks for lunch and have had a few adult beverages since then while taking care of some yard work and now I'm just chilling by the fire waiting for the brisket to finish.

IMG_20150525_151128252_zpsyzjajosw.jpg

THAT is how Memorial Day is celebrated! Well done. How'd the brisket turn out? Of course, I'm sure we all remembered what the real meaning of the day is for as well. Love your beer holder, btw!
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    I see lots more super cute animal pics. :)

AngryViking1970-Happy Birthday!

Confession:Just_Ceci talking about her husband shopping way in advance reminded me that I'm already done with Christmas shopping for the year. I like being done early to avoid stress later. I also like doing it that way because I can spend a little out of each paycheck instead of having to spend a lot at one time closer to the holidays.
  • LH85DC
    LH85DC Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I confess, I feel a poop coming on.

You're still slacking in the confessions department, Pancake.

I'm a very pure, innocent soul. Not much to confess. :)

That's not what you said a few pages ago! Spill it! And I don't mean what you just said in your previous post. That we don't need to hear about. Since you're still with us on this thread you might as well contribute something good!

Poop isn't good enough for you people? That usually knocks 'em dead most places. Tough crowd. Hmmm. Confessions, confessions, let me think...

I confess that my dad's a recovering alcoholic who got rid of all the pets I loved and my childhood home when I was younger because he needed to move to Florida to try and keep my mom from divorcing him. When he was down in Florida, I witnessed my dad have an alcoholic seizure in front of my girlfriend who was meeting my parents for the first time. That was quite a few years ago, so he is doing better now. Even though I love my dad, we don't talk very much because he lives with my mom in NC now. That makes me a little sad, and I probably still harbor anger and resentment towards him.

Good enough?

Yes, that definitely qualifies as a confession. Growing up with an alcoholic parent is hard. My dad's dad was an alcoholic. Affected him and his brothers negatively in many ways.

Is he in a recovery program or does he just drink less? Sounds like your parents are still together. Is that a good thing or bad? Sorry about the loss of the pets. I don't tell many people this but about 2 years into my first marriage I had to move out of my house, find a place to live, and re-home 4 cats in less than 2 weeks. With a 2 yr. old. I wasn't as successful as I'd have liked to have been as far as the re-homing so I've never allowed myself to have pets ever again. :(

As far as I know, he just doesn't drink at all. That is one thing that my dad and I have in common. If we really want something, we make sure that we get it. No matter what the cost. So I do believe he is a person that just stopped. My parents being together is a very good thing. My mother's a sweetheart. That sucks about your pets. I have a couple cats and a dog now.

So, I want to know...is that really your chest? :)

I confess, that is really my chest. Taken with an iPad in my bathroom, right after a workout, flexing to exaggerate things a bit. I then used the black and white option on the iPad photo editor.

I also confess, I edited this for grammar.

Impressive. There was a guy in another thread (which I have no time anymore to check any other thread as this takes all my free time) who claimed some pic was of him, and it was some British actor. He totally got busted. He kept insisting it was himself until someone found the exact same picture on the internet and posted it. He finally confessed.

I was wondering if you were 'enhancing'. :)

No problem. It's a compliment. I guess I must be doing something right. Perhaps I've become a little too vain though. I know the exact spot in my house to make my pictures look the best. It's in the bathroom with the lights off, but the lights on in the hallway. For some reason the shadows make me look better than normal. There's a couple in my profile of me in the gym as well. I was by myself. No way I'd take my shirt off when someone else was in there. I really am a bit more shy in real life.

Well I know what I'm trying tonight.

Lol.

I have one of those spots too. Mine is in the bedroom, diffuse natural light from the side and only one bulb in a two-bulb overhead fixture (confession: it's been like that for WAY too long!). I've actually taken a shoulder pic that I keep meaning to post in this thread to promote BZAH10's workout :) because the arm looks a gazillion times more defined than it does in any other lighting.

I'd love to see it! I've attempted to take some more pictures of myself, but I'm terrible at it. I think I dislike the word "selfie" so much that I am unable to take a successful one.

Great lighting but kinda fuzzy. All credit to your shoulder workout, however!

USTogmq.jpg

Holy smokes. Your arm looks fantastic!

Agreed, your arm looks amazing! Now I'm going to have to troll back through this thread to try to find the arm workout!
  • festerw
    festerw Posts: 233 Member
    Options

I went to a birthday party yesterday, had hotdogs, pulled pork, chicken dip, cake ice cream and more beer than I should have. Then did a Glow Run where I work with my mom, wife, daughter and niece.

Today I put a brisket on the smoker at 8am and as of right now it's almost up to temperature. Stoked up a fire around 10am and did steaks for lunch and have had a few adult beverages since then while taking care of some yard work and now I'm just chilling by the fire waiting for the brisket to finish.

Interesting Koozie (sp?)...

That would be a Boobzie, my wife got it for me as a birthday present last year.
    thechivery.com/products/keep-calm-and-chive-on-boobzie-2-pack

THAT is how Memorial Day is celebrated! Well done. How'd the brisket turn out? Of course, I'm sure we all remembered what the real meaning of the day is for as well. Love your beer holder, btw!

Brisket turned out great, Saturday we went to plant flowers at the cemeteries for the lost loved ones and Monday morning raised the stars and bars for the first time this year on our big flag pole. We've got family on both sides who are current and past service members so the thoughts are there often.
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    spamarie wrote: »
    On the only child thing, I have 3 brothers so was used to being surrounded by other kids. Then when I was 9 I went to live with an aunt for a year whose kids were grown so was essentially an only child for that year. It wasn't due to any bad circumstances - it was to learn French by immersing myself in the country/culture, worked a treat!. So I was in a different country to my brothers and really didn't hear from them for most of the year.

On the one hand there weren't any kids to talk to in the house, but on the other hand I've always valued my own company. I was awesome at imaginary play, or just disappearing for an afternoon to paint pictures. From a quality of life point of view, I enjoyed myself either way. Kids are adaptable, so I think I just adapted to whatever environment I was in. I think the main thing is that the child feels secure and loved. Everything else will sort itself out, be it single child or siblings galore.

What an amazing opportunity for you! Sounds like you were a laid back, adaptable child. I think it also depends on how the parents present and react to the situations as well. For some reason, when my sister and I were little and we were moving to a bigger house my mom refused to move to a different neighborhood that would mean us changing schools. It was a big deal and the main reason we moved where we did. We were happy that we didn't have to change schools, of course, but I grew up thinking how "scary" it would be and when new kids would come to our school or friends were moving away I thought it was so terrible! Very closed-minded of me, but I didn't know better back then. Good for your parents for giving you that experience!

I'm 800+ posts behind and may never catch up, oh well.

Regarding my random year spent living in France with an aunt, you are right it was an amazing opportunity and I am super grateful. It also stood me in good stead with learning to be the new kid, because once I returned home, having lived on the a relatively small island forever, we moved as a family to a different end of the country when I was 11, and then to another end of the country when I was 14. The school systems were timed differently, so I ended up going to about 5 schools within 6 years. For the most part, I had a really happy childhood. My parents presented it as a big adventure, something to be excited about, so we were.

That's amazing! Priceless experiences that a lot of people are never exposed to.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Confession: today is my birthday and I am waiting to see if my husband will actually remember. In the 10 years we've been married, he has legit forgotten my birthday twice. At least 4 other times he's not remembered until the end of the day; like "getting into bed" end of the day. I'm not looking for a parade or anything, but a "Happy Birthday" sometime in the morning hours would be nice.

Happy Birthday!

Also- these pet pictures are the best. I wish I knew how to post photos so I could share all of my babies!
  • xMrBunglex
    xMrBunglex Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »

Happy Birthday!

Also- these pet pictures are the best. I wish I knew how to post photos so I could share all of my babies!

OK, fine! Here's Shiva, my little goddess. Yes, she's awesome!

Shiva.jpg

• FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    Oh and once again-one step forward and one step back. I lost weight last week finally but ate so much this weekend that I'm sure I just gained it all back again. Super frustrating!
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    Way behind because of the wonderful long weekend and may not get caught up today because of stupid meetings. I wanted to share a picture of our lab/mix dog. We adopted her about four years ago with the name Brandie. She is nine now. I have to take her to the vet today to get a rather large lump on her side checked out. Prayers and good vibes would be appreciated.38h21c7fvocu.jpg

So cute! I hope she's okay! Please let us know. Sending lots of positive vibes to you and her.
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    For those of you who love cute kitty pictures, here's one of my sister's doll-faced persian when he was an itty bitty kitten.

fpxbj63hcf8h.jpg

Today on my way to work I went by a shop that had a black kitty laying next to the mannequins at the widow. I paused to look at it and it meowed loudly at me. I wanted to pet it so bad!

AWWWWWWWWWWWWW. Cannot resist fluffy kittens.

This is mine. Her name is Vameka but I just call her Monster, it's more appropriate. She's my 'heart cat', if there's such a thing, even if she's a pain in the butt.

DSC00686b_zps42e2af8b.jpg

Beautiful! That's exactly how I feel about my Owen. <3

I hope you get him back :(

Thanks. I was missing him yesterday. It would have been a great day for cuddles under a blanket on the couch.

I'm very sorry he still hasn't come home. Hugs to you and him.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »

My husband is the same.

Wow, you guys are very forgiving. I might not wake up the next day if I forgot!

I don't give my husband the chance to forget. He gets reminders for weeks in advance, and usually an e-mail of exactly what I want for a gift. He prefers it that way, he says.

My husband purposely chose our wedding date: the day before my birthday. That way he could remember them both at the same time. He's pretty good about family birthdates and what not. Better than I am.

@ythannah - awesome arms!!! I'm very behind on this thread and may have to skip some pages (but I really don't want to!). There are tons of posts I'd like to respond to, but figured I'd at least check in and make one post now. I think I'm only on page 673.

Thanks, I tend to think of them as the arms that BZAH10 built.

@AngryViking1970 Happy Birthday!

eta (because I knew there was another post I wanted to respond to) @kellienw335 hope Brandie is okay... keeping you in my thoughts.