Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I've kind of lost my drive to keep on track, which is really stupid since I'll have to be seen in a swimsuit in a little more than a month. I just want to eat and drink what I want and not give a crap. I think I might be depressed because of all the crap that's going on right now with my stepdaughter (not going into that) and my kitty being gone.

I did have an NSV yesterday while cleaning out my closet. I have a pair of BCBG boots that have always been tight on my calves. I put them on yesterday and I actually had a little bit of room where they weren't suffocating my legs. I felt pretty good about that.

I've been there pretty much the entire month of May. It sucks. But, like you I had an NSV last week. I put my tankini on - the same one I bought when I got married 5 years ago and the top has "grown" and is to big to wear in public (will wear it while in the yard sun bathing. Made me feel a bit better to see the results of all the tracking.

Then today I went to Marshall's to see if I can find some good capris. I didn't find anything (they only had about 3 pairs in my size and they were something my great-grandmother would wear) but I found a bunch of dresses that I liked. One was a size 12 calvin Kline and it was just a bit too tight but I was able to zip it up. I felt awesome (was a size 16-18 at one point). So I bought a pair of quite white heals for summer. First new pair summer sandals in 3 years. I like feeling pretty.

My point being, is even though it is a struggle to stay on track a lot of the time, there is progress :)

I hope you feel better.

Thanks, @smashley_mashley . Congrats on your NSV's as well! I think sometimes, those can be far more rewarding than the stupid scale numbers.

I also like feeling pretty. I get irritated that age appropriate clothes in most stores look like old lady clothes that I wouldn't wear out of the dressing room, much less in public.

I am having a hard time finding a swimsuit that is both flattering, body conscious (not sure I spelled that correctly), cute and not $370. I can't really wear a one-piece for several reasons. I have a long torso, so by the time I get it pulled up to cover my chest, I look like Borat. I also am rather flat chested so unless that baby has some serious padding, I end up looking like a 10 year old prepubescent girl. Plus, all the slimming ones don't go any smaller than an 8 so that's not an option either.

I feel very whiney today. Sorry about that.

I actually bought the first two piece bathing suit of my life this weekend, because I couldn't find anything that came up over my damned nipples in a one piece. I got a high-waisted bottom (belly-button height) and a long tankini top with shirred sides. Covers as much as a one piece, but nothing tugs.

I have bought these kind the last few years. I like to get the boy shorts if I can then the longer top. That way more of my butt gets covered and I can lay down and lift the top up to tan front and back and not be exposed in a bikini top. Even with this weight I have lost I am too self conscious to wander around comfortably in a bikini. I always think I can then spend the whole time wanting to hide. So the tankini is perfect.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    I am exhausted today and keep eating crap for energy. Plus I am going out to dinner tonight with friends. I was doing so well this past week but tomorrow's stepping on the scale may be sad.
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday @AngryViking1970!
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I've never understood how this is possible lol. My family and friends shop for themselves regularly, so if it was something they want they'll go buy it well before Christmas. Also, most of them like movies so a lot wouldn't be out yet.

However, you did remind me of a tip I read after this past Christmas that suggested buying gift cards throughout the year for places you know you'll do your Christmas shopping, then using those when it's time to buy. Same idea you have, spending a bit each month instead of having to come up with it all at once. I gotta get out and start getting gift cards!

I'm a good shopper. I'm usually able to find things that my family will love but they wouldn't buy for themselves (mostly because they don't know the items exist). I like shopping for other people. :)

I love the gift card idea though. That's really smart.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
  • FroggyBug
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    I tried, I even googled some statistics to try to add a little to the presentation but I was so nervous. I pretty much bombed. I kept messing up and umming.

Sorry! I know the feeling very well on the umming. I even catch myself doing it and still continue. I always figure it's not too bad. Even the president seems to do that the whole time he's making a speech these days.
    I hope that you don't have to do that again for a LONG time!
  • FroggyBug
    Options
    Sorry for all the posts in a row. I usually try to consolidate quotes into one...
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Not the way it is here! It's based on the year and size and make of the vehicle. A new full sized truck can run $800 - $1000 for registration. My son has an '07 Tundra and his annual registration is $700.00. Back in '03 when we bought a new Honda Accord it was $600.00. It does gradually go down each year but both of our '03 vehicles still run about $130.00 per year. Sports cars are also higher fees.

I'm so jealous of those that live in places where registration is cheap. Mine have been coming out to about $230ish each the last couple years and I have a 2007 and 2008. :(

• Sch614
    Sch614 Posts: 73 Member
    Options

rungirl1973
    [/quote]
    Tell me about it! I was in Chicago over the weekend. I love Chicago, but I could never move back there. I couldn't afford to live there and retire someday.[/quote]

I love Chicago too ! we only lived outside of Chicago for two years but I loved taking the commuter trains from the suburbs and feeling so lucky we could explore on the weekends. Definitely something special about Chicago.....
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I love all the pet photos too!

I gained 3 pounds before we left for Vegas last week to make my dress fit and I'm up another six today (which is hopefully mostly water and will go away soon), but we're married!

Sorry they're kinda huge...

IMG_2872_zpsz2916wyy.jpg

IMG_2848_zps7mjyrtxv.jpg

IMG_2843_zpswiblzkco.jpg
  • lyzah
    lyzah Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Confession - I love the fact my wife and I only have meals together 2 days out of the week - cheaper on groceries and I am more likely to stick to my diet ( she could care less about dieting and has a higher metabolism) - also, I binge eat sometimes and feel depressed after.. I feel that I always have to be eating something... Trying to remedy that....
  • ShareenaFulton
    ShareenaFulton Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I decided to have a treat of some hot chocolate, as I've gone without anything sweet for a few weeks. I made it all by hand, Green & Blacks Cocoa, some dark brown sugar to sweeten it and milk with a little cardamon for flavour. I sat down to enjoy and.....

...it was completely meh. I drank it, hoping at some point the enjoyment would kick in. Nope. Now I'm just sat here, a little pissed at myself because I've just wasted about 150 calories on something so unsatisfying. I really wish I'd just had a chocolate hobnob or something.

Gutted.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Sch614 wrote: »
    rungirl1973

Tell me about it! I was in Chicago over the weekend. I love Chicago, but I could never move back there. I couldn't afford to live there and retire someday.

I love Chicago too ! we only lived outside of Chicago for two years but I loved taking the commuter trains from the suburbs and feeling so lucky we could explore on the weekends. Definitely something special about Chicago.....

I wouldn't mind being a little closer to Chicago than we are, but we're close enough that if we really want to do something, it's not impossible. It's a 20 minute drive to catch the South Shore from here. Only down side is combined with the time zone change, if we do anything that's an evening event, we get home really late.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »

I gained 3 pounds before we left for Vegas last week to make my dress fit and I'm up another six today (which is hopefully mostly water and will go away soon), but we're married!

IMG_2872_zpsz2916wyy.jpg

IMG_2848_zps7mjyrtxv.jpg

IMG_2843_zpswiblzkco.jpg

How fun! And how adorably beautiful do you look?! Congratulations! Welcome to the married club.

• WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options

IMG_2872_zpsz2916wyy.jpg

IMG_2848_zps7mjyrtxv.jpg

IMG_2843_zpswiblzkco.jpg

Congratulations - you two are such a cute couple!

• LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    eMka11 wrote: »
    @LBuehrle8 - lovely photo in your avatar :smile: - not sure if it's new as I can't see the avatars when I'm on my phone but I'm using my PC this morning.

@emka11 thank you! You've made my morning! :)
    Yes, lovely pic. Is that your Englishman?

Thank you! Yes that's him B)<3

Great pic!

Thank you!!
  • cnoonannurse
    cnoonannurse Posts: 58 Member
    Options

IMG_2872_zpsz2916wyy.jpg

IMG_2848_zps7mjyrtxv.jpg

IMG_2843_zpswiblzkco.jpg

Stunning! You look amazing...3 lbs be damned!
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    Confession: today is my birthday and I am waiting to see if my husband will actually remember. In the 10 years we've been married, he has legit forgotten my birthday twice. At least 4 other times he's not remembered until the end of the day; like "getting into bed" end of the day. I'm not looking for a parade or anything, but a "Happy Birthday" sometime in the morning hours would be nice.

Happy Birthday! I always remind my husband two weeks out, one week out, and every day leading up to it. I like birthdays alot!

Thanks! And thanks for all the b-day wishes! I may be passive aggressive in that I will mention it from time to time, but about 3 days out, I don't really say anything. I'm testing him...and he's failing miserably! I think I'm going to treat myself to a mani/pedi after work today.

Happy Birthday!! And that is a great idea you deserve it!
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options

Congratulations! Great pictures!
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    Confession: My husband and I are having ice cream for dinner tonight.

Will you adopt me?
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    My birthday is 2 days after Christmas and our anniversary is the last day of June. If I had any advice for engaged couples it would definitely be, DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT, GET MARRIED THE SAME MONTH YOUR TAGS ARE DUE!!! That was ridiculously dumb on our part. It makes anniversaries a bit challenging. Luckily, our finances are in a place now where it's not as big of a deal, but let me tell you, it still sucks butt.

Wait...what? How expensive is registration out there?!

It depends on what kind of car you have and what year it is. I drive a 2012 Toyota Camry XLE Hybrid and the first year I had to pay for tags, it was over $500. This year is under $400. Still, that's a lot when you're not used to paying that every month. I'm not sure how it is other places, but in Kansas, you pay your registration according to your last name. Before I got married, my registration was due in September or something, now, because my name starts with "H", it's due in June. The same freaking month as my anniversary.

ETA: It's not the registration that is so high, it's the stupid property tax. I hate having to pay property tax for something I ALREADY PAID TAXES ON WHEN I BOUGHT IT. It's ridiculous.

Property tax is one of the main reasons I left VA and moved back to OH! I bought my car in VA and then a year later received a notice form Hyundai oh hey you owe us $1000 in property taxes that we paid for you! It was awful! I traded in my lease early and moved back to Ohio to avoid paying that as Honda took over my lease for me so I didn't have to pay Hyundai back!