Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I confess, I have to pee right now.

Again, Pancake, absolutely terrible confession. You should be ashamed. :p
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options

Me too!
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options

I agree, but at least he's still here with us! It also amuses me that although his profile pic showcases his flat abs we here have nicknamed him "Pancake" instead. You know, because we aren't at all focused on food or anything. :)
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    Today's confession is that I got pretty judgy in a couple of other threads yesterday. Sorry if I offended anyone, but there are a couple of whiny excuse factories on here that drive me nuts!

(oops...did I just judge in the "no-judgment" thread?)

Don't worry, I'm a silent supporter because typically I have nothing genuine to add to the convo except things like #teamxMrBunglex or +1 ,which that does no one any good especially the OP haha

That's more than me. I look for these threads but never, ever post in them.

Me too. I don't want to be a target. This thread is pretty much it for me.

It's a mean world out in them there other threads lol
  • mariannekehl
    mariannekehl Posts: 66 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    MKEgal wrote: »
    Just before my period, I get huge cravings for really bad-for-me food... This week, in 2 days I ate a whole package of Oreos. (But I had them with skim milk! Does that help at all?)
    I really wish menopause would happen soon. (No chance; it's probably at least another 5 years away.) :disappointed:
    The rest of the month, I can take it or leave it. Those few days, no cookie or chip is safe.
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    jennlandau wrote: »
    I am afraid that I will always be this big. I have 100+ pounds to lose. I see what others have done to do so (eat Clean, train to run marathons, make food plans & control of food their whole life) and I don't really want those measures but I am not happy with my current weight either. I exercise 2 to 4 times a week doing things with a higher intensity (LaBlast, Pound, Zumba, Kettle Bell AMPD, Salsa Dancing) and can keep up pretty good, especially for my size. My stamina and strength have definitely improved over the last year. No movement on the scale but I am down a pant size, one to 2 dress sizes. In addition, many of the clothes that I own still fit but are now too long, I guess because there is less holding them up (I am really short too!).

I know that food journaling, watching fat grams, exercise & stress management are the keys for me. I know that I need to work harder on all of that, especially the food journaling, but what if even with the work this is as good as it gets? What if I will never be under 200 pounds? What if I am forever a plus size with all of the shaming and weight bias that that entails?

That is my true fear for the future :(

I agree with @Francl27 - what is your current food intake like? What is your calorie goal and are you accurately measuring what you eat? You've got the exercise part of this taken care of. That's great! But, if you are still over eating then you will be spinning your wheels and get frustrated. Keep posting and maybe we can offer more help!
  • mariannekehl
    mariannekehl Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Menopause is NOT the answer. Then your skin gets all thin and saggy - and hopefully if you had kids you did your kegel exercises... AND it is so much harder (for me anyway) to lose weight - it seems like I have to work twice as hard. I would take having a period every month over the problems associated with menopause any day
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    mabbott66 wrote: »
    I relocated to North Carolina about 1.5 years ago and gained 20 lbs... working hard to get it together but it is hard... started back walking my dogs twice daily, each trip is 2 miles... those cold winter days really did it, hated going outside when its cold... but I am determined to drop these 20lbs by end of summer. Wish me luck. Feel free to yell at me if I don't log my walks daily... :wink:

Relocating and getting adjusted is tough. Glad you are back to walking your dogs, though! I bet they are super happy as well.
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    jennlandau wrote: »
    I am afraid that I will always be this big. I have 100+ pounds to lose. I see what others have done to do so (eat Clean, train to run marathons, make food plans & control of food their whole life) and I don't really want those measures but I am not happy with my current weight either. I exercise 2 to 4 times a week doing things with a higher intensity (LaBlast, Pound, Zumba, Kettle Bell AMPD, Salsa Dancing) and can keep up pretty good, especially for my size. My stamina and strength have definitely improved over the last year. No movement on the scale but I am down a pant size, one to 2 dress sizes. In addition, many of the clothes that I own still fit but are now too long, I guess because there is less holding them up (I am really short too!).

I know that food journaling, watching fat grams, exercise & stress management are the keys for me. I know that I need to work harder on all of that, especially the food journaling, but what if even with the work this is as good as it gets? What if I will never be under 200 pounds? What if I am forever a plus size with all of the shaming and weight bias that that entails?

That is my true fear for the future :(

I'm not an expert, I just play one on MFP. But seriously, IMHO, Sounds like you're on the right track with your exercise. It's also helpful if you can fit in a walk during your day to burn a couple extra calories. Plan to log your food every day for a week with no self shaming if you go over, just accept it and move on to the next day. Then log again the next week, but be more aware of the number and repeat and repeat. My weight loss was not going well until I forced myself to log EVERYTHING EVERYDAY. Well, the logging and this thread!! Welcome and hope this helps!
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    IAmTheGlue wrote: »
    Ugh...so bummed. I had my youngest son Sept 2014 and it was a horrible pregnancy (actually both of mine were but his was the worst), complete with severe Hyperemesis (basically you throw up 30-40-50x/day and break blood vessels in your face, damage your esophageal lining, etc.) I had a home health nurse come and give me IVs every other day because I literally couldn't eat or drink anything. I still threw up constantly, just not as much.

It did serious damage to my teeth. Most of my enamel has worn off, teeth are rotted out, etc. I've been working on fixing my teeth since last Oct. We have spent $10k (seriously) just since March on root canals/crowns and we are TAPPED out. That was AFTER the $3k insurance covered. Our credit cards are maxed, savings is gone. Since Oct it's been 4 root canals/crowns, 8 fillings, 1 tooth pulled.

I go in tonight to have the dentist check another tooth that I'm thinking he has to pull. Awesome. That'll be like another $400 :( Never mind the constant mouth soreness and losing pieces of the tooth.

I'm OVER IT. I just want to scream/cry/hit things. I'm tired of constantly being in pain and being broke from it. It's not fair to my children that $ that could be used for their care is going to my stupid teeth :( I'm also mad that I'm 33 and having dental work done like I'm 50.

I'm so sorry to hear that. :( I feel your pain. I have dental issues from an eating disorder when I was younger. It is never ending dental work and yeah, way over $30k from our pockets... ugh.

I do hope that they get you fixed up soon and you are no longer in pain. :( Dental pain is the worst.

OMG $30k I don't know how you haven't stroked out! I'm about to with the (relatively) smaller amount I've spent.

I even went back to work 3 weeks ago and a large part of the reason was so I could have secondary dental insurance through my employer plus have income to pay the dental bills. How sad, right? I'm working to pay my dentist *sigh*

teeth issues are the WORST.

mine have been a nightmare since my childhood/teens, and they're just seemingly getting worse. i was told that when i was a kid i was extremely ill on a few occasions and it turns out that the medication they gave me back then did massive damage. so strange.

my worst teeth incident: in my early 20's i was working a minimum wage job with no insurance and i had a broken molar and was having really bad pain, so i just chewed on the other side and tried to ignore it. took ibuprofen a lot...then one day i woke up in the middle of the night sobbing, the whole side of my face was throbbing and aching. no ibuprofen would touch it, warm compress, nothing. finally i caved and went to the ER. turns out an infection had seeped into my jaw from the broken tooth and had wrapped itself up the side of my face, through my sinuses and around my eye. they gave me a shot immediately, and a series of antibiotics, and said i had to get the tooth pulled asap.

plus, the doctor made sure to tell me that if i had let it go any longer there was a good chance the infection would have went into my brain and killed me. yeah, because i was feeling really awesome up til then....
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    Kalici wrote: »
    Today, my husband and I were sitting together on our respective laptops, when he suddenly looked up and demanded... "Define yourself!"

...I confess that the first two words that popped into my head and spilled out of my mouth were "Ugly. Fat."

I also confess that this makes me sad. :'(

Aww, we can be our own worst enemy sometimes. I know it is hard (I suffer from this myself), but try to be nicer to yourself. Also, if I were asked about you, judging from your comments I would have said compassionate, animal loving and kind.

I completely agree with this and couldn't have said it better myself. I also want to know what his answer was...

Well, he knows that I have a lot of self-esteem issues. :) He's done a lot of comforting while I sob and ask why he could love someone so ugly and useless as I am. He said it was sad. :)
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    Menopause is NOT the answer. Then your skin gets all thin and saggy - and hopefully if you had kids you did your kegel exercises... AND it is so much harder (for me anyway) to lose weight - it seems like I have to work twice as hard. I would take having a period every month over the problems associated with menopause any day

I agree. Be careful what you wish for (@MKEgal).

I was always cold, used to say I couldn't wait for hot flashes so I'd finally be warm. Yeahno. Not anywhere near as pleasant as I imagined.

And I could never have predicted how formerly-stable parts of my body would suddenly slide south, within the span of a couple years. Loss of elasticity? Muscle? Not sure what to blame. Wish I'd discovered weightlifting sooner, might have prevented some of the shift.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »

I agree. Be careful what you wish for (@MKEgal).

I was always cold, used to say I couldn't wait for hot flashes so I'd finally be warm. Yeahno. Not anywhere near as pleasant as I imagined.

And I could never have predicted how formerly-stable parts of my body would suddenly slide south, within the span of a couple years. Loss of elasticity? Muscle? Not sure what to blame. Wish I'd discovered weightlifting sooner, might have prevented some of the shift.

I'm 37 and I have hot flashes.. they suck.
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    Congrats-peleroja and Tubbs :smiley: Celebrate!

Confession-Sometimes this thread is a bad influence. I was eating some of that Peanut Butter and Co white chocolate peanut butter and ate a bunch of it. My reasoning was, well the people from the thread do it sometimes so I'm normal. :|

I need to get back on track. I've been eating too much each day since Sunday.

I'm not blaming anyone but myself of course. I love this thread still.

this thread is why I ordered it in the first place, to try it. I've tried both the white chocolate wonderful and the dark chocolate delight. I prefer the white chocolate on my toast but like the dark chocolate off the knife/spoon so I won't be ordering that again. :).

Also, I finally saw the smore Oreos in the grocery store today. I am not a smore fan but was excited to see a variety. I hope one day I can get the reese pb ones. :)
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    margfish wrote: »
    I don't know why I'm suddenly having such a hard time staying on track lately. I don't even remember it being this hard when I first started and had tons of bad habits to break and zero fitness level. WTF?! I haven't had any days that were 100% awful - I've kept up with my exercising and I'd say about 75% of my eating has still been fairly healthy. But I keep screwing up, and I hate that.

Like yesterday: I was hungry while I exercised (walking) and instead of ignoring it like I should've, I actually ate a bunch of Chex mix while I was walking. Talk about defeating the purpose (and I obviously wasn't pushing myself hard enough if I could stuff my face while walking either). What a waste.

I weighed myself yesterday morning and I'm up 3 pounds and at the same weight I was in the beginning of May. Might be water weight; might not. Regardless, it's like any of the work I've done these past few weeks was for nothing because of all the screw-ups. I just wish I could tap into some of the motivation I've had in the past and push through this. I don't know if it's because I'm burnt out or if I'm letting my emotions of late (stressed and depressed about being unemployed) take over where food is concerned. But I'm really tired of feeling like this. :/

Not for nothing! Think how much you might be up if you weren't getting it right 75% of the time plus still exercising! It's easy to completely give up, but you're hanging in there. Just focus on one day at a time.

And please explain to me how you were walking around with a pocketful of Chex mix?! ;) I love that, haha. Reminds me of Napoleon Dynamite.

That made me laugh for like five minutes, and I really needed it - thank you! :) And to explain: I walk in my basement and we have a pantry down there. It was pretty easy to grab the bag and get right back to my walking. But walking around with a pocket full of Chex mix on a daily basis doesn't sound like a bad idea actually ;)
    My confession for today: I have plans to go shopping to buy some summer clothes. I need a few pairs of capris and a few shirts to go with them but I have no motivation to do anything. Hubby and I have just the one vehicle and normally it isn't a problem since I am usually at work during the day and he uses it for his job. But today, I just want the truck and I just want to drive. I don't want to walk to the bus stop, wait for buses, sit on trains, or do any of that. I also want to go to the store to pick up groceries for dinner but again, don't even feel like walking there even though walking is the only exercise I can do right now. I thought about buying online but I really hate buying clothes w/o trying them on.

I also need to pull my dandelions, just because they are dandelions and they must all die. Normally that would give me some satisfaction (DIE DANDELIONS DIE!!!) but all I want to do is be lazy - but then I feel guilty for being lazy.

Maybe I will just watch a movie...

Yes, yes they must! They're worse than ever this year. I'm embarrassed to say that my neighbor caught me standing outside shouting, "Get off my lawn!" at the weeds like a crazy person, LOL! I just came back in from outside after nearly 2 hours of weed pulling, and it was very cathartic. :)

our city administration has decided that they are no longer considered a "noxious weed" and don't kill them anymore. There is more yellow than grass. They are such an eyesore.
  • thinkpink73089
    thinkpink73089 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I eat the scraps off my kids and husband's plate when doing dishes.
    Also I went through the drive thru at mcdonalds late one night after drinking with my mom and destroyed all evidence of the trash.
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Kalici wrote: »
    Today, my husband and I were sitting together on our respective laptops, when he suddenly looked up and demanded... "Define yourself!"

...I confess that the first two words that popped into my head and spilled out of my mouth were "Ugly. Fat."

I also confess that this makes me sad. :'(

Aww, we can be our own worst enemy sometimes. I know it is hard (I suffer from this myself), but try to be nicer to yourself. Also, if I were asked about you, judging from your comments I would have said compassionate, animal loving and kind.

I completely agree with this and couldn't have said it better myself. I also want to know what his answer was...

Well, he knows that I have a lot of self-esteem issues. :) He's done a lot of comforting while I sob and ask why he could love someone so ugly and useless as I am. He said it was sad. :)

*hugs* upon *hugs* for you <3<3<3
  • Saskie2015
    Saskie2015 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I confess that I am very scared the weight won't come off no matter what I do.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »

I agree, but at least he's still here with us! It also amuses me that although his profile pic showcases his flat abs we here have nicknamed him "Pancake" instead. You know, because we aren't at all focused on food or anything. :)

Just calling him "flat" might be kind of rude, though. Could mix it up and go with flatasap