Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    I went over my calories today by 400 and I'm not allowed to work out (Drs orders) as I've hurt my back :(

When and how did you hurt your back? Did I miss that one?

And sorry because that really stinks. How long before you can exercise again?
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    misskarne wrote: »
    Kalici wrote: »
    I'm very pale like a bunch of you have said you are. I used to try tanning, but it didn't take. I've never had a tan or a sunburn in my life. I finally stopped trying and embraced my day walker skin. I sometimes get embarrassed by it, but I figure if people don't like it screw them. Being able to blind people with the color of my skin is a super power! ;)

Being Australian, I can't escape the sun; being pale-skinned, I've been sunburned more times than I care to remember. I have to set timers on my phone or come up with tricks and apply sunscreen every hour and even then I still get burned. And then after all that - no real tan.

Have a couple of confessions to make. Yesterday, after millions of excuses, I finally turned on the DVD of the Jillian Michaels Beginner Shred. Right! I told myself. Time to get moving! Time to get stronger!

...yeah, right. I couldn't finish the workout. I got halfway through. Really dirty on myself for not pushing through, but at the time I just didn't have the puff. Today, I'm kind of glad. My thighs are hurting big. So I guess the tl;dr is that I'm obviously REALLY weak and pathetic since I can't even get through that first workout? Try again tomorrow.

Second confession is that I should have gone to the rink tonight. I got out of work in plenty of time, so I should have. But my thighs were aching, and I was feeling yucky, so I didn't.

And then I went and fed the darned TOM with chips and scallops and now I actually feel sick, so...write off today, I guess!

We must have the same skin. I have four shades in my repetoire: ghostly pale, pink, red, and freckled.

Keep at it with the JM DVD. Just think how accomplished you will feel when you make it through the whole thing and think to yourself, "Hmph, that wasn't much of a challenge". And it WILL happen, I promise.

count me in on this group as well. The first time I went to Mexico I was pale as a ghost and burned quite easily - you can see the burn lines in my wedding photos (I tried to be careful so it is not too bad). The second time I went (a trip planned by my parents) I went to the tanning salon that my sister worked at. I filled out the questionnaire that they had and she told my my skin was one level up from being albino. That being said, I tanned (started at 3 minutes and over the course of three months worked my way up to 10). It didn't give me a tan per se but enough that I didn't burn. That summer was the first summer I didn't burn at all.

Last week, I was sitting out in the sun for the first time and sure enough, burned the bottoms of my legs and feet (because I completely forgot the sunscreen) and parts of my forearms where I hadn't evenly applied sunscreen.

But, I am now slowly getting a tan and all my freckles are popping out.
  • kellienw335
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    I haven't been able to go swimming at all this week because my car broke down and the clutch has gone. There goes £400 I wasn't planning on spending this month and I won't get the car back for another couple of days so no swimming for me this week. Ugh.

In good news, I have discovered the medicinal properties of TUC biscuits when it comes to alleviating morning sickness. Salty, salty goodness. Paired with the no exercise, I am a bloaty lady (and it isn't baby bump). And I can't stop burping. I'm a proper delight all-round.

Sorry about your car! The bolded part made me laugh out loud, and sorry to say this but it only gets worse! And it's totally worth it!
  • Barbosas77
    Barbosas77 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    funjen1972 wrote: »
    I wear the same stinky workout clothes for several days without washing. Ewww gross, I know. Always change my socks though lol

OMG I thought I was the only one that does that lol I change my socks too
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,714 Member
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    Sorry for all the posts in a row. I usually try to consolidate quotes into one...
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Not the way it is here! It's based on the year and size and make of the vehicle. A new full sized truck can run $800 - $1000 for registration. My son has an '07 Tundra and his annual registration is $700.00. Back in '03 when we bought a new Honda Accord it was $600.00. It does gradually go down each year but both of our '03 vehicles still run about $130.00 per year. Sports cars are also higher fees.

I'm so jealous of those that live in places where registration is cheap. Mine have been coming out to about $230ish each the last couple years and I have a 2007 and 2008. :(

Exactly. I didn't word it well, but both of our '03 vehicles are $130.00 EACH. So that sounds about right for your 2007 and 2008. That's one of the main things holding me back from buying a new truck.
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    Today's confession is that I got pretty judgy in a couple of other threads yesterday. Sorry if I offended anyone, but there are a couple of whiny excuse factories on here that drive me nuts!

(oops...did I just judge in the "no-judgment" thread?)

Don't worry, I'm a silent supporter because typically I have nothing genuine to add to the convo except things like #teamxMrBunglex or +1 ,which that does no one any good especially the OP haha

That's more than me. I look for these threads but never, ever post in them.
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    @peleroja you look like a Barbie doll in that first picture! And that's a compliment! Or it looks like you are modeling for a bridal shop. SOOOO pretty! Thanks for sharing and congratulations! Looks like you had a great time. Wishing you a long and happy marriage.
  • kellienw335
    Options
    Today, my husband and I were sitting together on our respective laptops, when he suddenly looked up and demanded... "Define yourself!"

...I confess that the first two words that popped into my head and spilled out of my mouth were "Ugly. Fat."

I also confess that this makes me sad. :'(

That made me sad too! And I really doubt you are either!
  • smashley_mashley
    Options
    Rabbit914 wrote: »
    Today, my husband and I were sitting together on our respective laptops, when he suddenly looked up and demanded... "Define yourself!"

...I confess that the first two words that popped into my head and spilled out of my mouth were "Ugly. Fat."

Although I suspect that one of the first words I'd use to define myself is also "ugly", I'm now tasking you to come up with two POSITIVE attributes to replace those ones.

Off the top of my head, mine would be "funny" (I promise, I constantly make people laugh IRL, probably not so evident on here) and "analytical".

this is a great idea. We should all do this. 2 attributes about yourself that are positive. Believe me, you have so much more to offer than physical appearance and the way we see ourselves is so much different than others see us. If we all saw ourselves as others do- we would all be beautiful (and we are).

mine would be caring and goofy

• Barbosas77
    Options
    I'm having nachos for breakfast. Right now.

Oh man I would love that! lol
  • Barbosas77
    Options
    funjen1972 wrote: »
    I wear the same stinky workout clothes for several days without washing. Ewww gross, I know. Always change my socks though lol

Lol same here. I am going to sweat again so why waste more clothes :)

I agree!
  • kellienw335
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    Today's confession is that I got pretty judgy in a couple of other threads yesterday. Sorry if I offended anyone, but there are a couple of whiny excuse factories on here that drive me nuts!

(oops...did I just judge in the "no-judgment" thread?)

Now, you know that we've already established that it's ok to judge people in other threads just not this one!! :p
  • Barbosas77
    Options
    kikiboniki wrote: »
    I keep a scale in the bathroom and weigh myself before and after I poop. This morning I lost 1.2 pounds in about 2 minutes.

lol I do the same thing!!!
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    Confession: I pretty much hate everyone I work with, and I will not like them again until I've found a new job.
  • kellienw335
    Options
    Ugh...so bummed. I had my youngest son Sept 2014 and it was a horrible pregnancy (actually both of mine were but his was the worst), complete with severe Hyperemesis (basically you throw up 30-40-50x/day and break blood vessels in your face, damage your esophageal lining, etc.) I had a home health nurse come and give me IVs every other day because I literally couldn't eat or drink anything. I still threw up constantly, just not as much.

It did serious damage to my teeth. Most of my enamel has worn off, teeth are rotted out, etc. I've been working on fixing my teeth since last Oct. We have spent $10k (seriously) just since March on root canals/crowns and we are TAPPED out. That was AFTER the $3k insurance covered. Our credit cards are maxed, savings is gone. Since Oct it's been 4 root canals/crowns, 8 fillings, 1 tooth pulled.

I go in tonight to have the dentist check another tooth that I'm thinking he has to pull. Awesome. That'll be like another $400 :( Never mind the constant mouth soreness and losing pieces of the tooth.

I'm OVER IT. I just want to scream/cry/hit things. I'm tired of constantly being in pain and being broke from it. It's not fair to my children that $ that could be used for their care is going to my stupid teeth :( I'm also mad that I'm 33 and having dental work done like I'm 50.

That sounds terrible! So sorry you went through that! Hugs!
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Thanks for the good wishes!
    ETA: I feel a bit odd about posting a picture - I don't have a single one of me anywhere else on MFP.

Congratulations and you are a great looking family! Best wishes for a happy, prosperous future for your son.
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Lefty1290 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    My birthday is 2 days after Christmas and our anniversary is the last day of June. If I had any advice for engaged couples it would definitely be, DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT, GET MARRIED THE SAME MONTH YOUR TAGS ARE DUE!!! That was ridiculously dumb on our part. It makes anniversaries a bit challenging. Luckily, our finances are in a place now where it's not as big of a deal, but let me tell you, it still sucks butt.

Wait...what? How expensive is registration out there?!

Where I live it's about $35 plus tax.

Not the way it is here! It's based on the year and size and make of the vehicle. A new full sized truck can run $800 - $1000 for registration. My son has an '07 Tundra and his annual registration is $700.00. Back in '03 when we bought a new Honda Accord it was $600.00. It does gradually go down each year but both of our '03 vehicles still run about $130.00 per year. Sports cars are also higher fees.

Do you have an excise tax? We have one in MA, just learned about it, and it is based on the size/original cost of your car. That was a shocker for us.

To be honest, I don't know! Sounds possible, though, given our steep rates. I'll have to look into it. Thanks!
  • smashley_mashley
    Options
    Barbosas77 wrote: »
    kikiboniki wrote: »
    I keep a scale in the bathroom and weigh myself before and after I poop. This morning I lost 1.2 pounds in about 2 minutes.

lol I do the same thing!!!

@Barbosas77 from the looks of your posts, you seem to be very early in the thread. If you make it to page 686 and 687, welcome!
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    Rabbit914 wrote: »

Although I suspect that one of the first words I'd use to define myself is also "ugly", I'm now tasking you to come up with two POSITIVE attributes to replace those ones.

Off the top of my head, mine would be "funny" (I promise, I constantly make people laugh IRL, probably not so evident on here) and "analytical".

this is a great idea. We should all do this. 2 attributes about yourself that are positive. Believe me, you have so much more to offer than physical appearance and the way we see ourselves is so much different than others see us. If we all saw ourselves as others do- we would all be beautiful (and we are).

Short and loud.

I suppose the positive is subjective there, so we'll also say loyal and organized.
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    I went over my calories today by 400 and I'm not allowed to work out (Drs orders) as I've hurt my back :(

Oh, no! Hope it's not serious. What happened?