Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Yesterday afternoon I started getting a sore throat. I just thought I was thirsty. It got worse as the day went on. Fast forward to this morning where it's so swollen I can barely swallow. I'll be taking myself to the doctor today.

Hope you feel better soon. That sounds terrible.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    Yesterday afternoon I started getting a sore throat. I just thought I was thirsty. It got worse as the day went on. Fast forward to this morning where it's so swollen I can barely swallow. I'll be taking myself to the doctor today.

It's going around. My son has it, and we thought it was allergies, but it's been 3 days.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    Today, my husband and I were sitting together on our respective laptops, when he suddenly looked up and demanded... "Define yourself!"

...I confess that the first two words that popped into my head and spilled out of my mouth were "Ugly. Fat."

I also confess that this makes me sad. :'(

Although I suspect that one of the first words I'd use to define myself is also "ugly", I'm now tasking you to come up with two POSITIVE attributes to replace those ones.

Off the top of my head, mine would be "funny" (I promise, I constantly make people laugh IRL, probably not so evident on here) and "analytical".

Ooh, that's a challenge! Umm, let me think... Positive attributes...

My first would probably be that I automatically think the best of people. If someone didn't show up for a meeting or did something inconsiderate, I always think of what might have been going on in their circumstances first and make excuses for them to myself, rather than just getting angry that they didn't meet my expectations.

My second... (Gosh, this is hard. X_X)... Umm... Does "I'm good at not offending people" count? Because, with confrontation being a major trigger for my anxiety, I'm pretty good at that. It doesn't sound particularly impressive, though...

Confession: It took me ten minutes to come up with those.

Happier confession: Due to some horrible financial circumstances growing up, I never got a high school diploma. After I got married, my husband paid for me to take the GED test. Well, I proudly proclaim that I received my diploma and transcripts in the mail today!

Also, I scored in the 99th percentile on ALL subjects except one, which I scored in the 97th. :)
  • overlook237
    overlook237 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    margfish wrote: »
    I don't know why I'm suddenly having such a hard time staying on track lately. I don't even remember it being this hard when I first started and had tons of bad habits to break and zero fitness level. WTF?! I haven't had any days that were 100% awful - I've kept up with my exercising and I'd say about 75% of my eating has still been fairly healthy. But I keep screwing up, and I hate that.

Like yesterday: I was hungry while I exercised (walking) and instead of ignoring it like I should've, I actually ate a bunch of Chex mix while I was walking. Talk about defeating the purpose (and I obviously wasn't pushing myself hard enough if I could stuff my face while walking either). What a waste.

I weighed myself yesterday morning and I'm up 3 pounds and at the same weight I was in the beginning of May. Might be water weight; might not. Regardless, it's like any of the work I've done these past few weeks was for nothing because of all the screw-ups. I just wish I could tap into some of the motivation I've had in the past and push through this. I don't know if it's because I'm burnt out or if I'm letting my emotions of late (stressed and depressed about being unemployed) take over where food is concerned. But I'm really tired of feeling like this. :/

Not for nothing! Think how much you might be up if you weren't getting it right 75% of the time plus still exercising! It's easy to completely give up, but you're hanging in there. Just focus on one day at a time.

And please explain to me how you were walking around with a pocketful of Chex mix?! ;) I love that, haha. Reminds me of Napoleon Dynamite.

That made me laugh for like five minutes, and I really needed it - thank you! :) And to explain: I walk in my basement and we have a pantry down there. It was pretty easy to grab the bag and get right back to my walking. But walking around with a pocket full of Chex mix on a daily basis doesn't sound like a bad idea actually ;)
    My confession for today: I have plans to go shopping to buy some summer clothes. I need a few pairs of capris and a few shirts to go with them but I have no motivation to do anything. Hubby and I have just the one vehicle and normally it isn't a problem since I am usually at work during the day and he uses it for his job. But today, I just want the truck and I just want to drive. I don't want to walk to the bus stop, wait for buses, sit on trains, or do any of that. I also want to go to the store to pick up groceries for dinner but again, don't even feel like walking there even though walking is the only exercise I can do right now. I thought about buying online but I really hate buying clothes w/o trying them on.

I also need to pull my dandelions, just because they are dandelions and they must all die. Normally that would give me some satisfaction (DIE DANDELIONS DIE!!!) but all I want to do is be lazy - but then I feel guilty for being lazy.

Maybe I will just watch a movie...

Yes, yes they must! They're worse than ever this year. I'm embarrassed to say that my neighbor caught me standing outside shouting, "Get off my lawn!" at the weeds like a crazy person, LOL! I just came back in from outside after nearly 2 hours of weed pulling, and it was very cathartic. :)
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Today, my husband and I were sitting together on our respective laptops, when he suddenly looked up and demanded... "Define yourself!"

...I confess that the first two words that popped into my head and spilled out of my mouth were "Ugly. Fat."

Although I suspect that one of the first words I'd use to define myself is also "ugly", I'm now tasking you to come up with two POSITIVE attributes to replace those ones.

Off the top of my head, mine would be "funny" (I promise, I constantly make people laugh IRL, probably not so evident on here) and "analytical".

My first would probably be that I automatically think the best of people. If someone didn't show up for a meeting or did something inconsiderate, I always think of what might have been going on in their circumstances first and make excuses for them to myself, rather than just getting angry that they didn't meet my expectations.

My second... (Gosh, this is hard. X_X)... Umm... Does "I'm good at not offending people" count? Because, with confrontation being a major trigger for my anxiety, I'm pretty good at that. It doesn't sound particularly impressive, though...

Happier confession: Due to some horrible financial circumstances growing up, I never got a high school diploma. After I got married, my husband paid for me to take the GED test. Well, I proudly proclaim that I received my diploma and transcripts in the mail today!

Also, I scored in the 99th percentile on ALL subjects except one, which I scored in the 97th. :)

Congratulations!!! That is amazing! Way to go!

Also, on your first positive attribute, I think that is super amazing and really, really rare. Most people are so quick to judge harshly (including myself in that).
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options

Zinc lozenges!!! They're the best.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    Rabbit914 wrote: »

this is a great idea. We should all do this. 2 attributes about yourself that are positive. Believe me, you have so much more to offer than physical appearance and the way we see ourselves is so much different than others see us. If we all saw ourselves as others do- we would all be beautiful (and we are).

I think this is a great idea. I admit, I do not, nor have I ever had the best self-esteem. Rough childhood.

If I could pick 2 positive attributes about myself they would be, "funny/sarcastic "(is that positive?) and "thoughtful".

• superjules17
    superjules17 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    An ex-student came into the office yesterday and brought a beautiful lemon cake covered in white chocolate curls. Before anyone else had seen it I picked off all the chocolate curls (using a cocktail stick, obviously) and ate them. I have refused a slice of cake, even though everyone says its lovely. They are marvelling at my will power and self control.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Rabbit914 wrote: »

this is a great idea. We should all do this. 2 attributes about yourself that are positive. Believe me, you have so much more to offer than physical appearance and the way we see ourselves is so much different than others see us. If we all saw ourselves as others do- we would all be beautiful (and we are).

I think this is a great idea. I admit, I do not, nor have I ever had the best self-esteem. Rough childhood.

If I could pick 2 positive attributes about myself they would be, "funny/sarcastic "(is that positive?) and "thoughtful".

Nice.

I would probably go with "smart" and "determined." (Just to type that out, tho, made me feel vain.)
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    Congrats-peleroja and Tubbs :smiley: Celebrate!

Confession-Sometimes this thread is a bad influence. I was eating some of that Peanut Butter and Co white chocolate peanut butter and ate a bunch of it. My reasoning was, well the people from the thread do it sometimes so I'm normal. :|

I need to get back on track. I've been eating too much each day since Sunday.

I'm not blaming anyone but myself of course. I love this thread still.

I haven't tried the White Chocolate one, but OMG, the Cinnamon Raisin Swirl (I think that's the name) is SOOO good. I killed the entire jar on one of my really bad/emotional eating days.

• Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Thanks again for all the lovely comments and congratulations on my son's grad - I'm genuinely touched.
    As a former 'Cake Lady', I collect pictures of bad cakes, and was sorely tempted to make him a reproduction of one of my faves:
    ctgrgm6o386u.jpg

Also, for those who are pale skinned, I am right there with you. My freckles literally pop out within a minute of being in the sun, and I can burn within 10 mins if I'm not careful. I also have quite a lot moles. Melanoma is seriously a concern for me - I am vigilant about checking myself but can't help feeling a certain inevitability about it because I've had a lot of bad burns over the years. :/

Finally, the good/bad news: I have a job! I've picked up a decent number of hours of drafting work, so I will be switching OFF MFP for the day (I've heard it can be done!) so that I don't get distracted. Doing it in 3-2-1.....
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    Today's confession is that I got pretty judgy in a couple of other threads yesterday. Sorry if I offended anyone, but there are a couple of whiny excuse factories on here that drive me nuts!

(oops...did I just judge in the "no-judgment" thread?)

No, you're fine! It's okay to judge everyone else NOT on this thread, so judge away! I know I do at times.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    Thanks again for the congratulations, everyone! Now begins the name change process...ugggghhh. I have a list a mile long.

And I'm totally with all you pale people (obviously, as you've all now seen photos.) We got pulled up onstage at a show this weekend and they spent the whole time making fun of us being whiter than the undead (...it was "Zombie Burlesque", hahaha.)
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    Confession: The other day my 2 1/2 year old told me to go stand in the corner for saying the word stupid

And did you? lol
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    Ugh...so bummed. I had my youngest son Sept 2014 and it was a horrible pregnancy (actually both of mine were but his was the worst), complete with severe Hyperemesis (basically you throw up 30-40-50x/day and break blood vessels in your face, damage your esophageal lining, etc.) I had a home health nurse come and give me IVs every other day because I literally couldn't eat or drink anything. I still threw up constantly, just not as much.

It did serious damage to my teeth. Most of my enamel has worn off, teeth are rotted out, etc. I've been working on fixing my teeth since last Oct. We have spent $10k (seriously) just since March on root canals/crowns and we are TAPPED out. That was AFTER the $3k insurance covered. Our credit cards are maxed, savings is gone. Since Oct it's been 4 root canals/crowns, 8 fillings, 1 tooth pulled.

I go in tonight to have the dentist check another tooth that I'm thinking he has to pull. Awesome. That'll be like another $400 :( Never mind the constant mouth soreness and losing pieces of the tooth.

I'm OVER IT. I just want to scream/cry/hit things. I'm tired of constantly being in pain and being broke from it. It's not fair to my children that $ that could be used for their care is going to my stupid teeth :( I'm also mad that I'm 33 and having dental work done like I'm 50.

Oh, my. I cannot even fathom what you are going through! I'm SO sorry and I truly wish there was something we could do to help you because I also have teeth issues (not to your extent) but I do know the pain and the expense. So sorry again. Please try to hang in there!
  • moshizal9999
    moshizal9999 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to get in shape to feel better about myself around women and to make someone else jealous. How is that for shallow?
  • ShibaEars
    Options

I think this is a great trait to have! I'm the opposite. I usually assume the worst, although I'm trying to work on it. I will use you as my inspiration: WWSD? (What would Suzie do? lol). I think the second one is good too, because too many people are inconsiderate with other people's feelings.

And congrats on your diploma!
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    I'm trying to get in shape to feel better about myself around women and to make someone else jealous. How is that for shallow?

You are not the only one! Many people start out for this kind of reason. Just try to remember that overall you are doing it for YOU, so you don't lose motivation to get healthier :smile:
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options

Ok, so there's one straight off - intelligent!
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    I don't know why I'm suddenly having such a hard time staying on track lately. I don't even remember it being this hard when I first started and had tons of bad habits to break and zero fitness level. WTF?! I haven't had any days that were 100% awful - I've kept up with my exercising and I'd say about 75% of my eating has still been fairly healthy. But I keep screwing up, and I hate that.

Like yesterday: I was hungry while I exercised (walking) and instead of ignoring it like I should've, I actually ate a bunch of Chex mix while I was walking. Talk about defeating the purpose (and I obviously wasn't pushing myself hard enough if I could stuff my face while walking either). What a waste.

I weighed myself yesterday morning and I'm up 3 pounds and at the same weight I was in the beginning of May. Might be water weight; might not. Regardless, it's like any of the work I've done these past few weeks was for nothing because of all the screw-ups. I just wish I could tap into some of the motivation I've had in the past and push through this. I don't know if it's because I'm burnt out or if I'm letting my emotions of late (stressed and depressed about being unemployed) take over where food is concerned. But I'm really tired of feeling like this. :/

Being unemployed is one of the BIGGEST stressors / life events to go through. Cut yourself some slack, please! You DID get out and walk. Who cares if you had a snack, too? Your legs still benefit. It's reasonable to be emotional about being unemployed, but try to remove that emotion when planning your food and exercise. Those are just "have tos". Things you HAVE to do. Try not to associate emotions with them. Good luck on finding employment!