Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    What a terrible, draining, soul sucking weekend. I'll skip the next few of those, kthxbai
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    MissLaaber wrote: »
    I'm usually randomly here and reading/confessing. I remembered a couple 100 pages back quite a few of you are into serial killers, as I am so I spent most of my afternoon that day reading all the links. I figured if you are into that you may be interested in this http://www.dionaea-house.com/default.htm
    It's a 20-40 minute read but man it's interesting and chilling. Enjoy! =D

And it's total fiction. I've lived in the Boise area my entire life. That never happened.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    What a terrible, draining, soul sucking weekend. I'll skip the next few of those, kthxbai

Bummer! Mine was completely slothful and lazy, but not soul sucking.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options

Bummer! Mine was completely slothful and lazy, but not soul sucking.

Yup. First time in 100 days I spend the whole weekend over my calories and didn't do 1 iota of exercise. Which is really bad considering I watched some of the London Marathon and my cousin was running in it. Mwah ha ha ha!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

Right there with you.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    After a week of eating everything under the sun and only walking for my 'workout' I'm back on the horse!!
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    After a week of eating everything under the sun and only walking for my 'workout' I'm back on the horse!!

I hope I can say the same. I've been hellaciously terrible lately. Need to eat healthier, badly.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    ...As for my confession: I ate five thousand calories yesterday. Yup, FIVE THOUSAND--and that's just an estimate.

After a re-tally (Adding in stuff I had forgotten about), it turns out that I'm actually at roughly 6000 calories for the day. Go me. :(
  • overlook237
    overlook237 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I went to a Family Dollar store yesterday and bought generic "Fudge Covered Mint Cookies". To me, they taste exactly like Girl Scout Thin Mints. And they're only $1.75 for 32 cookies. This is bad. This is very, very bad. (But oh so delicious.)
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    Went for Mexican with my daughter and her friend yesterday. There were 3 of us drinking margaritas, so we ordered a pitcher for the 2nd round. They brought out a half gallon pitcher with very little ice. I'm still bloated.
    The chips may be a factor in that, too.
  • xMrBunglex
    xMrBunglex Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Growing up, I always gave my dad *kitten* because he only bought cash cars, kept them alive as long as possible, and then when it died, he'd buy another clunker. I always said I'd never be like that.

Aaaand now my 15 yr old car is in the shop again, and I'm crossing my fingers that my mechanic will say "time to junk it" (instead of fixing it again) and FORCE me to get a new one (and it will be NEW.)

However, if he says "I can fix it for $400", the Cheapness DNA in me will fix it & drive it for another year. Thanks, Pops!
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    Growing up, I always gave my dad *kitten* because he only bought cash cars, kept them alive as long as possible, and then when it died, he'd buy another clunker. I always said I'd never be like that.

Aaaand now my 15 yr old car is in the shop again, and I'm crossing my fingers that my mechanic will say "time to junk it" (instead of fixing it again) and FORCE me to get a new one (and it will be NEW.)

However, if he says "I can fix it for $400", the Cheapness DNA in me will fix it & drive it for another year. Thanks, Pops!

Yeah, after putting $2500 in my sons 11 year old car this year, I decided he needed a newer one. He got it 2 weeks ago.
    Sometimes a car payment is cheaper than repairs. Or the threat of more repairs.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options

IMO, any year without a car payment is a good year. I did the stupid thing when I had my first real, full-time job. Ran right out and bought brand new, fully loaded, and had that $500/mo payment haunting me for years (this was mid-90's, my first apartment had cheaper rent than that).
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »

IMO, any year without a car payment is a good year. I did the stupid thing when I had my first real, full-time job. Ran right out and bought brand new, fully loaded, and had that $500/mo payment haunting me for years (this was mid-90's, my first apartment had cheaper rent than that).

Jeebus, I hope it was a bloody good car!
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »

Wasn't all that much to look at, but the engine was killer. Met my husband when I had it, and he used to borrow it for work to show off. I guess he got bonus cool points for letting people know his gf drove a tougher truck than they did ;)
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    I have been feeling guilty about something that happened 16 years ago....lately it has been really driving me mad and even kept me awake last night.....

Is there any way of making peace with the situation?

Sadly no :(

• Lois_1989
    Options

Wasn't all that much to look at, but the engine was killer. Met my husband when I had it, and he used to borrow it for work to show off. I guess he got bonus cool points for letting people know his gf drove a tougher truck than they did ;)

Bah ha ha, yup, that makes it all worth it. I'm jealous of my mum because the men are jealous of her car. I just have a little hatchback :disappointed:
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    My workout this morning wiped me out, I'm ready to crawl under my desk and nap for a very very long time.
  • amandarunning
    amandarunning Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I confess that I have finally come to the end of all these pages, now I'm devastated! What am I going to read now?????

Wait a couple of hours and come back - this thread moves fast!

• tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,715 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I realized last night I have this issue with feeling guilty if I do well at something. I am doing an agility class with my dog and I was able to pick up the new stuff last night that the other people weren't getting. I felt like one lady in particular was giving me stink eye because she wasn't doing so well (but seriously, who wears flip flops to something they know involves running and direction changes?). The instructor complimented me at the end and it took everything I had to not downplay it.

It kind of sounds like I'm humble bragging, maybe I am, maybe I should just turn it into actual bragging: Me and my dog are doing awesome in agility. Unfortunately I can't seem to allow myself to enjoy it and feel proud of her and I because... well I don't know why.

It's not wrong to feel proud of being good at something, is it?

I think a lot of people, especially women, struggle with this. I know in school, I got excellent grades. I was in the top 2% of my high school graduating class and went to college on a 100% academic scholarship. Most of my friends didn't realize it because I would always pretend like my scores were poor on a test where I may have gotten a 95%. I was embarrassed that some things came so easy to me.

I still downplay my accomplishments to some extent. I've had managers/directors tell me to be more outspoken about what I'm accomplishing, so I'm working on it.

I had this problem when I was younger. In 1st grade I was sent to the 2nd grade class for reading. At that age (for me anyway) that was traumatic! I had no friends, they were all older than me and it singled me out and different. Everyone called me smart and I didn't like that. I struggled. In 2nd grade I was moved to the 3rd grade class and couldn't do it another year, so I acted like I wasn't able to keep up. Looking back that was stupid. Maybe I could have skipped a grade if I'd just stuck with it. Oh well. Live and learn.

I was skipped ahead, not once but twice. The result was that by the time I hit the second year of high school, I was an unpopular 12 year old in a class of 14 year olds, the only crowd that would tolerate me was the out-crowd, and my desperation to fit in made me get into EVERYTHING they were in, as hard as I could. Got into massive conflict with my parents, because I didn't have any friends but the ones 2 years older, but I was 'too young' to do what they did. Cue me becoming a massive delinquent, sneaking out, lying and eventually dropping out of school and moving out of home 2 weeks after my 15th birthday.

I'm successful now, but that took until my 20's. My folks reckon letting me get skipped ahead on the basis of intellect alone was the worst mistake they ever made.

Wow! I'm so sorry that went that way for you! Who knew, though? I'm sure your parents intentions were good and it used to be encouraged more than it is now. Live and learn. I'm glad you were able to come out successful!