Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    and yes, i own page 699. lol

Binge post alert! LOL! As much as posting as I've done the last couple minutes, I probably own page 700...Wait, we're on page 700? Holy bat *kitten*!
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    This morning I went to take the last lemon Fibre 1 bar from the cupboard. I got so ripped off. They're supposed to be 25g, this one felt super small so I tossed it on the scale (still in the wrapper) and it weighs 9g. 9 GRAMS! :'(

I agree with the others, contact them and complain about it!

Yes! And I'm having a really hard time imagining exactly how small this lemon bar was. 9 grams is NOTHING. LOL
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Chaelaz wrote: »
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    ["That" older guy isn't as rare as you think.

@JPW1990 I know it isn't rare. Have many a friends who upon getting divorced suddenly find themselves in the company of much younger company. I shake my head as a older guy, but honestly there is a LOT of draw to it. Mostly it can capture that feeling of fleeting youth. Ya know, Jerry Lee Lewis "Middle Aged Crazy, trying to prove he still can...".

I am pretty grounded, but who knows. Was just thinking out loud. No plans for divorce or younger women at this point. :)

honestly, this is why at 34 i'm pretty sure i'm gonna be alone.
    totally not judging you (after my parents divorced my dad spent years dating younger gals and then five years ago married a girl that is ONE year older than ME. i judge him ;) )
    anytime i go out i can't help but feel like i don't belong. there are young, stunning girls EVERYwhere, i can't imagine anyone settling for my older, pudgy butt. plus i'm also pretty sarcastic and b*tchy. B)
    but seeing how i'm the reason my current relationship tanked, i really don't have anyone else to blame.
    it's still kinda disappointing though.

I would too!

Don't give up on finding someone, I'm only 29 and sometimes it's hard since most gals my age are married or in committed relationships but most the time I'm happy as I have the rest of my life to be with someone may as well enjoy my "singleness" now. You'll find someone!! You are very pretty!

Agree that you are very pretty, plus you're pretty funny going off your additions to this thread and you will meet someone. I met my husband when I was 35 and got married at 37. I seriously thought there was something wrong with me. I used to tell myself I was "fundamentally unloveable". Everyone else said it would happen for me, they were right and I was wrong.

I must be an anomaly. I was reading through the past few days posts and wondering how people can only come up with a couple of things positive to say about themselves. And, why would anybody think that because they don't have somebody that there is something wrong with them? I never really thought I had super high self esteem, but I've always known my worth.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Chaelaz wrote: »
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    ["That" older guy isn't as rare as you think.

@JPW1990 I know it isn't rare. Have many a friends who upon getting divorced suddenly find themselves in the company of much younger company. I shake my head as a older guy, but honestly there is a LOT of draw to it. Mostly it can capture that feeling of fleeting youth. Ya know, Jerry Lee Lewis "Middle Aged Crazy, trying to prove he still can...".

I am pretty grounded, but who knows. Was just thinking out loud. No plans for divorce or younger women at this point. :)

honestly, this is why at 34 i'm pretty sure i'm gonna be alone.
    totally not judging you (after my parents divorced my dad spent years dating younger gals and then five years ago married a girl that is ONE year older than ME. i judge him ;) )
    anytime i go out i can't help but feel like i don't belong. there are young, stunning girls EVERYwhere, i can't imagine anyone settling for my older, pudgy butt. plus i'm also pretty sarcastic and b*tchy. B)
    but seeing how i'm the reason my current relationship tanked, i really don't have anyone else to blame.
    it's still kinda disappointing though.

I would too!

Don't give up on finding someone, I'm only 29 and sometimes it's hard since most gals my age are married or in committed relationships but most the time I'm happy as I have the rest of my life to be with someone may as well enjoy my "singleness" now. You'll find someone!! You are very pretty!

omg you are so freakin cute, but that's not me, it's kate winslete from eternal sunshine of the spotless mind. :) i envy her hair SO MUCH!

Oh wow I should've recognized that one as I've seen the movie too! Well I bet you're pretty too you seem like a really great person! I envy her hair though too! Well her in general haha she's fantastic!
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    Confession.... I don't enter my weight at my weigh-in if I've gained, I just wait for the next week to enter it. :( How terrible is that?

It's almost certainly just normal fluctuations but for some reason I always expect that if I do everything MFP says and weight everything I should LOSE 1 POUND A WEEK even though I know deep does that's not how any of this works.

Don't worry you're definitely not alone there! :)
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Kalici wrote: »
    I'm very pale like a bunch of you have said you are. I used to try tanning, but it didn't take. I've never had a tan or a sunburn in my life. I finally stopped trying and embraced my day walker skin. I sometimes get embarrassed by it, but I figure if people don't like it screw them. Being able to blind people with the color of my skin is a super power! ;)

My daughter shares your super power. In our house we call it rockin' the Casper. :)

I'm also very pale & once had a co-worker comment on how white I was after coming back from Hawaii for the second time. The first time I went to Hawaii I had learned my lesson the hard way. Over there the heat is very dry & I thought well it's not as hot & humid like it is in Pennsylvania so I don't need to cake on the sunblock. Ugh! Huge mistake! I had huge welts all over my one arm from a horrendous sunburn. Luckily they didn't hurt, but it definitely taught me to be more vigilant while out in the sun.

I'm pale but by choice- I can tan really easily but I'm super OCD about having sunblock on anytime I'm outside! I'm terrified of wrinkles and skin cancer :#

You are very smart! (say the hypocrite tanning addict) I gave it up several years ago, but started again this past March. I love it! But I seriously need to stop.

I love tanning, even if it isn't PC! Wish I could fit it into the budget this summer, but daycare and after-school care is not cheap!

Definitely. I no longer have those expenses so I can afford it although I know I shouldn't. Pretty bad though when oldest grandson comes over and I'm not home and he asks grandpa, "Is grandma tanning?" Has a strange ring to it. In my defense the grandma of my other 2 grandchildren is at the tanning salon almost every day the same time I am.

My grandma was always laying out in the yard or by the pool. When she was about 65, she started going to a tanning place because she moved into an apartment and felt self conscious laying where other people could see her. She tanned until the very end though! As far as I know she somehow escaped skin cancer. We were actually surprised.

My mom was a huge tanner too, but she did get skin cancer. Thankfully she is OK now, but she is much more careful about wearing sunscreen.
  • sfuller94
    sfuller94 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    My confession? I had Whataburger last night!
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    This morning I went to take the last lemon Fibre 1 bar from the cupboard. I got so ripped off. They're supposed to be 25g, this one felt super small so I tossed it on the scale (still in the wrapper) and it weighs 9g. 9 GRAMS! :'(

omg i would be enraged! i would call and demand coupons for ripping me off.

The slickdealer in me would do the same. 2+ vouchers in the mail to me plzkthx.

ahhh speaking of slickdeals, just got an email that my mass order of paper towels has been delivered! Squee!!!
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    Kalici wrote: »
    I'm very pale like a bunch of you have said you are. I used to try tanning, but it didn't take. I've never had a tan or a sunburn in my life. I finally stopped trying and embraced my day walker skin. I sometimes get embarrassed by it, but I figure if people don't like it screw them. Being able to blind people with the color of my skin is a super power! ;)

My daughter shares your super power. In our house we call it rockin' the Casper. :)

I'm also very pale & once had a co-worker comment on how white I was after coming back from Hawaii for the second time. The first time I went to Hawaii I had learned my lesson the hard way. Over there the heat is very dry & I thought well it's not as hot & humid like it is in Pennsylvania so I don't need to cake on the sunblock. Ugh! Huge mistake! I had huge welts all over my one arm from a horrendous sunburn. Luckily they didn't hurt, but it definitely taught me to be more vigilant while out in the sun.

I'm pale but by choice- I can tan really easily but I'm super OCD about having sunblock on anytime I'm outside! I'm terrified of wrinkles and skin cancer :#

You are very smart! (say the hypocrite tanning addict) I gave it up several years ago, but started again this past March. I love it! But I seriously need to stop.

My best friend had melanoma when we were in our early twenties and I've been watching my mom deal with all the consequences of being a sun bathing beauty her whole life! So just trying to avoid all of that :)

I tanned for a couple of years in my 20's. Getting a tan started is TOUGH for me because I'm blindingly pale. My mother is a redhead, and I'm whiter than she is.
    I confess that I stopped not because of the fear of melanoma but because my friend who is 10 years older than me LOOKS more like 20-25 years older than me due to her decades of tanning, skin like leather.

Yes, this is right up there next to cancer for me so even if we didn't risk skin cancer from tanning I still wouldn't do it! I know lots of people hate being pale but I think it looks elegant honestly! I always think about how back in the day if you were pale it was a sign of wealth as you didn't have to spend all your days out working :) haha I'm not that shallow I swear! I just prefer being pale and I don't want to look like a leather hand bag in 10 years!
  • LBuehrle8
    Options

Binge post alert! LOL! As much as posting as I've done the last couple minutes, I probably own page 700...Wait, we're on page 700? Holy bat *kitten*!

Haha and soon we'll be on 701! We are flying!
  • berlynnwall
    Options
    Confession: I meant to make pulled pork in the slow cooker today. Put the rub on it yesterday and let it sit overnight. Completely forgot and now it is too late and I it won't have enough time to cook :( I just have to remember to do it tomorrow.

Ugh, I hate it when that happens. The other day I put a dish in the crockpot to cook, and several hours later realized that it was not plugged in. I actually threw it out because it had been sitting out so long. So sad.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    I used to break spaghetti into 3 when my kids were little. I still break it in half. I rarely order it in a restaurant because I don't like the looong strands.

I also never order ribs. I hate getting my hands dirty, even if it's because of delicious ribs.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    Congrats-peleroja and Tubbs :smiley: Celebrate!

Confession-Sometimes this thread is a bad influence. I was eating some of that Peanut Butter and Co white chocolate peanut butter and ate a bunch of it. My reasoning was, well the people from the thread do it sometimes so I'm normal. :|

I need to get back on track. I've been eating too much each day since Sunday.

I'm not blaming anyone but myself of course. I love this thread still.

We all have those bad days, weeks, & months. I'm sure you'll be back on track in no time. For a few months at least when I was off from work I would binge on at least 2,500-5,000 calories a day & it took me a long time to get back to eating somewhat normally again.

I confess that I did judge a poster who blamed this thread for eating treats everyday & that we talk about foods & particularly sweets too much.

i DID buy cookie butter because of this thread, as i'd never heard of it before. but i also didn't eat the whole jar. woot woot.

but speaking of the cookie butter, besides a random taste here and there, what are you supposed to eat it with or on?

My niece likes to make Cookie Butter sandwiches with bread & she's put it on her pancakes before. I usually just pair it with an apple, banana, or rice cakes.
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    Confession: Between full-time work, full-time school, and all the in-law health stuff, I'm approaching rock bottom energy levels. I simply do not have anything left to pull from the tank.

Which naturally only makes me feel totally guilty.

Also, I have a huge (non-school) certification exam next Saturday and I am woefully underprepared because of everything else going on. Depending on how the next 8 days go, I will not be all that surprised if I fail it. So it goes.

Sorry for all your stress! I'm pretty sure your family understands that your certification exam is important. It's okay to put them on the back burner while you prepare and finish the exam. No need to feel guilty! Priorities have to change from time to time.

I wish. My in-laws are the most anxiety-ridden people on the planet (all medicated in some form kind of anxiety) and they cannot rationalize when they get like this. I'm positive there's resentment (which they will eventually realize was stupid), but right now I'm the total jerk who isn't available 24/7.

Well, then I'm a jerk, too, because their anxiety is NOT your fault nor is it your problem to appease or fix. I'm sorry they are dealing with that, but I say "too bad". You put yourself first and they have to get over it. But, I'm not all that attached to family. I say you CHOOSE you family; blood relation (or relation by marriage) does not give people power over me.

That's how I am with my own family. They can buzz off most of the time. The problem is he's close with his (to a point) and they're also all VERY local. My closest relatives are 2+ hours away.

And again, I'd like to point out that responses like that are why everybody likes you so much. :)
  • Darrelkun
    Darrelkun Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Confession: I can't seem to find the mental motivation to lose weight anymore. I don't want to be fat like I am, but somehow I can't generate the energy to eat healthier and exercise. I don't know why I have this mental block, but I want to get rid of it as soon as possible. :/ It's a tad depressing, really. It's like, I know what I'm supposed to do, but for some reason I still feel lost.
  • berlynnwall
    Options
    Darrelkun wrote: »
    Confession: I can't seem to find the mental motivation to lose weight anymore. I don't want to be fat like I am, but somehow I can't generate the energy to eat healthier and exercise. I don't know why I have this mental block, but I want to get rid of it as soon as possible. :/ It's a tad depressing, really. It's like, I know what I'm supposed to do, but for some reason I still feel lost.

I understand. Sometimes it feels like it is taking SO long, and it's hard to keep the motivation up. I've been having a hard time lately too, but I'm trying to just push through it. Maybe pick one thing - eating or exercise - and work on that for a while?
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    Confession: Between full-time work, full-time school, and all the in-law health stuff, I'm approaching rock bottom energy levels. I simply do not have anything left to pull from the tank.

Which naturally only makes me feel totally guilty.

Also, I have a huge (non-school) certification exam next Saturday and I am woefully underprepared because of everything else going on. Depending on how the next 8 days go, I will not be all that surprised if I fail it. So it goes.

You have so much on your plate right now. Is there a way to postpone the certification? I hope everything settles down for you soon. (Hugs)

If I put it off, I can't take it until December (offered twice per year). There's also no guarantee they would approve the request, since I may have gotten approved to take it over someone else, and it's too late to tell them they can take it.

I'll probably just wing it, because I walk on the wild side. >:)
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options

Haha and soon we'll be on 701! We are flying!

I remember when we were almost to page 409 someone, I think Ceci, said we should talk about cleaning products!
  • festerw
    festerw Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    My Husband and I ordered pizza after only the 2nd week of our diet and I nearly ate the whole thincrust pizza by myself.
    The next day there was leftovers, so to keep myself from eating it, I literally opened my back door and tossed it out into the compost.
    Not to brag.. But we're doing way better now, and only 5wks of logs I've lost 13lbs.
    And I'm back on my veggies only rabbit food diet.
    I still love veggie pizza and when I reach my goals it's going to be my first cheat food. Maybe homemade though.

Congrats on your success! I'd think you should be able to enjoy a veggie pizza now, right? Maybe homemade so that you can control the ingredients.

X2, eat the pizza. I made a Buffalo Chicken Pizza last night that was good and only 172 calories per slice.
    Confession: I meant to make pulled pork in the slow cooker today. Put the rub on it yesterday and let it sit overnight. Completely forgot and now it is too late and I it won't have enough time to cook :( I just have to remember to do it tomorrow.

Ugh, I hate it when that happens. The other day I put a dish in the crockpot to cook, and several hours later realized that it was not plugged in. I actually threw it out because it had been sitting out so long. So sad.

I hate the one crockpot we have because it doesn't have a light to show its turned on, I've more than once found it was in between settings on the dial and not actually heating now I put stuff in it when I wake up and then check to make sure it's warm before I leave the house.
  • Verablackrabbit
    Verablackrabbit Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My Husband and I ordered pizza after only the 2nd week of our diet and I nearly ate the whole thincrust pizza by myself.
    The next day there was leftovers, so to keep myself from eating it, I literally opened my back door and tossed it out into the compost.
    Not to brag.. But we're doing way better now, and only 5wks of logs I've lost 13lbs.
    And I'm back on my veggies only rabbit food diet.
    I still love veggie pizza and when I reach my goals it's going to be my first cheat food. Maybe homemade though.

Congrats on your success! I'd think you should be able to enjoy a veggie pizza now, right? Maybe homemade so that you can control the ingredients.

Well, I'm pacing myself. I'm eating very few fatty carbs. I've cut out stuff like Rice, bread, pasta, cheese and butter. All those tasty things. But I'm slowly incorporating whole grains into my diet. I just had 1/2cup of whole-grain cheese ravioli and feta with my kale salad last night after a workout! = p And I bake my own homemade sourdough bread (made with whole wheat flour) for my family about every 3wks, so I can't refuse a slice of fresh bread now and then! I started my diet 2 1/2mths ago @167 and now I'm 148.5 today.
    I've still got 22lbs togo. But I feel fantastic = ) The pizza is going to be like my gold medal. And I love making it at home with my sourdough starter.