Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Re: non-cool car, I have a Prius, which I love, but when I bought it the salesperson asked me if I wanted him to tune the radio to NPR, as that's what most women who bought Priuses liked (I mentally inserted "women of a certain age who buy Priuses").

I also really, really want Toyota to make a ridiculous luxury/sporty version of the Prius for those going through midlife crises and name it the Toyota Priapus. It would just be so perfect.

That's exactly when that salesperson would have lost my business!

The purchase was already made! (And I don't regret it.)

Although I think it's funny that since I made that post my floating MFP ads are trying to sell me a Porsche.
  • DressedInDreams
    DressedInDreams Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Confession: I had Biscoff cookie spread in my shopping cart this weekend. I put it back. I'm not sure if I'm proud or sad.

I bought some last week, stress-ate about a third of the jar, then threw the rest into my outside trash can so I'd stop eating it. :s
  • Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Talkradio wrote: »
    Confession: I have always wanted to buy ONE car brand new. I know it doesn't make economic sense, but I still wanted to. The confession is that we did that last September, a 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage. 100 miles on it. I'm ticked off because we bought the car as a commuter car for my new job - it gets almost 50 miles to the gallon. But it has zero cool factor. It is a stick shift and has no luxury features. That is NOT what I planned on wasting my one new car buy on.

Confession: I judge people who don't know how to drive a stick shift. I feel internally smug and superior towards them.

Me, too! When we bought this car, the girl working at the car lot had to have someone else pull it into the garage because she didn't know how to drive a stick. I was thinking, 'you gotta be freakin' kidding me! You work at a freakin' car lot!"

I have a friend who went to trade school to be a diesel mechanic, and wound up working at an oil change place. Didn't know how to drive stick.

Actually, I've had a few experiences at oil change places where the techs couldn't drive my car. *insert smug feelings here*
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    Still driving my 2001 Nissan Xterra at 193K miles. I bought it pre-kiddos and pre-hubby. Love, love, love no car payment!
  • SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    I'm like Elsa in Frozen; I get angy about nothing.
    I don't think she was exactly angry about nothing. But yes I identify very strongly with Elsa.
  • Talkradio
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Re: non-cool car, I have a Prius, which I love, but when I bought it the salesperson asked me if I wanted him to tune the radio to NPR, as that's what most women who bought Priuses liked (I mentally inserted "women of a certain age who buy Priuses").

I also really, really want Toyota to make a ridiculous luxury/sporty version of the Prius for those going through midlife crises and name it the Toyota Priapus. It would just be so perfect.

That's exactly when that salesperson would have lost my business!

Agree, how patronizing!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    ...As for my confession: I ate five thousand calories yesterday. Yup, FIVE THOUSAND--and that's just an estimate.

After a re-tally (Adding in stuff I had forgotten about), it turns out that I'm actually at roughly 6000 calories for the day. Go me. :(

I'm sure I'm with you on the calorie count.

Between yesterday & eating the 18 Mint Fudge Oreos (like the Girl Scouts Thin Mint), the whole pint of Ben & Jerry's Peanut Butter Half Baked, some of the Ben & Jerry's Spectacular Cookie Core, & three Friendly's cups of Cotton Candy with Pop Rocks I had another bad eating day today.

Today I had a lot of Edy's Cinnamon Bun Fun & most of a pint of Ben & Jerry's Cherry Garcia.

At first I was going to restrict my calories to punish myself for being a pig, but my sister knocked some sense into me not to do it. For the time being I just need to avoid buying ice cream, gelato, cookies, etc. until I can be satisfied with just one portion.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    I bought the Carol's Cookies tshirt and I cannot wait to wear it!

Definitely need to get me some TWD gear. Ya know, besides the samurai sword.

• SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    Also, in my forensics class we were discussing a local case where a man had murdered his wife, and this one douchehammer said that "she probably cheated on him". Turns out I can't set people on fire with my mind :(
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Confession: I have always wanted to buy ONE car brand new. I know it doesn't make economic sense, but I still wanted to. The confession is that we did that last September, a 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage. 100 miles on it. I'm ticked off because we bought the car as a commuter car for my new job - it gets almost 50 miles to the gallon. But it has zero cool factor. It is a stick shift and has no luxury features. That is NOT what I planned on wasting my one new car buy on.

Confession: I judge people who don't know how to drive a stick shift. I feel internally smug and superior towards them.

Me, too! When we bought this car, the girl working at the car lot had to have someone else pull it into the garage because she didn't know how to drive a stick. I was thinking, 'you gotta be freakin' kidding me! You work at a freakin' car lot!"

I have a friend who went to trade school to be a diesel mechanic, and wound up working at an oil change place. Didn't know how to drive stick.

Actually, I've had a few experiences at oil change places where the techs couldn't drive my car. *insert smug feelings here*
    I'm quite pleased that in our family the 'learning to drive car' is my husband's old stick shift Ford Focus, so all three of my kids will be able to drive stick. We're Brits living in Canada, so for us it's completely normal to drive stick (manual), but a lot of people can't.
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options

I love this idea. :D

• ladybuggnorris
    ladybuggnorris Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    abatonfan wrote: »
    abatonfan wrote: »
    I'm a mean sister. I sometimes wish my younger sister (a year and a half younger than me) also was a type 1 diabetic. I don't know, it just annoys me when she gloats in my face about all the food she can eat when I have to limit my consumption or exclude completely certain foods in order to prevent myself from going into the 200s and feeling like crap. It also ticks me off when she doesn't give a care in the world about what she eats, complains about how fat she is and how I am fitting into clothes of hers that are too small, but then goes ahead and makes fun of all the "healthy junk" I eat.

She actually accused me one time of faking my hypoglycemia events -I asked her to do something for me when I was trying to bring up a low blood sugar, and she made that comment. That's how ignorant she is. Oh how much I wish for her to actually feel what it is like to experience a low blood sugar or the fatigue that comes along with staying up all night trying to flush out ketones so that you would not go into DKA.

Rant over. :disappointed:

I am also a T1 and am wondering why you have to exclude foods? As long as you take your rapid at a proper carb to insulin ratio, you should be able to eat literally anything you want!

I will confess I am feeling a bit judgy that you would wish this horrible disease on anyone.....esp someone you love....I am SO thankful my sister nor my son ended up with it....

The last post is crap, although I think it is -not common- but does happen among non diabetics......nobody has ever come out and said that to me, but I wonder if anyone ever thinks it.....

I only exclude certain foods that constantly and badly spike up my blood sugar, no matter what I do to change my insulin dosage or timing for it (Curse you, oatmeal. I could add fat to it and pre-bolus by a half hour, and I would be lucky if I am below 300 at the one-hour mark). I found it easier to exclude some stuff than deal with being 200-300+ for a few hours and then feel terrible because of the high.

I feel like if she was a bit more compassionate, I would feel a bit different. I don't know if she's painfully ignorant or painfully stupid, but she should have the common sense to not accuse me of faking when my blood sugar is out of control when she does not know what it feels like to experience those BG swings. I admit to not having that much support outside of some online diabetes communities (I was diagnosed as an adult, so my parents never had to learn about diabetes management -all they know is highs are bad, lows are really bad, and ketones are the devil), so a little part of me wishes someone in my family would understand what I am going through.

I always thought you could not be diagnosed with type 1 as an adult. Now I worry! Star whoosh....the more you know!
  • ladybuggnorris
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I am starting to feel like francl!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Also, in my forensics class we were discussing a local case where a man had murdered his wife, and this one douchehammer said that "she probably cheated on him". Turns out I can't set people on fire with my mind :(

Bummer.
  • Talkradio
    Options

At least you tried. :star:
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »

I'm quite pleased that in our family the 'learning to drive car' is my husband's old stick shift Ford Focus, so all three of my kids will be able to drive stick. We're Brits living in Canada, so for us it's completely normal to drive stick (manual), but a lot of people can't.

I agree. My sisters and I all had to learn to drive on a stick. We also all had to change a tire, by ourselves, before we were allowed to drive. My son will have the same requirements!
  • quiksylver296
    Options

At least you tried. :star:

That made me LOL!
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    I confess that I am one of those individuals who can't drive a stick shift. My brother took me out once several years ago and I was doing alright at it, but have never attempted again. I remain confident I could pick it up though lol.
  • ladybuggnorris
    Options

^^^^I do this, too! I learned to drive in a stick, and though we have automatics now, my kids WILL learn to drive in a stick.
  • Talkradio
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I confess that I am one of those individuals who can't drive a stick shift. My brother took me out once several years ago and I was doing alright at it, but have never attempted again. I remain confident I could pick it up though lol.

Eh, you'd do fine. All that matters is not having the mindset of "I could never do that!".