Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    Confession, I'm putting off what I need to do (make dinner for my son and I) to be on here. Ok, off to Friday night. Kickball time! Have a lovely evening all you wonderful people (active and lurkers alike)!
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    Wow, 100 new posts! You guys be crazy...

Today's confession: It REALLY p*sses me off that you can't outwork a bad diet.

The last month, I've been logging everything as usual, breakfast, lunches & snacks have been on point, but after analyzing the data, noticed my avg cals per day have been quite a bit higher. Exercise burn has been at its usual levels, avg about 550 cals a day. I usually net about 11-1200 cals per day after exercise, but this last month it's been more like 1700. And not good calories either, a lot of crap at home after work. Chips, cake, cookies. Bad habit creeping back in, getting complacent, I've figured this out for years, blah blah blah.

End result? a 5 lb gain for May.

The fire has been lit.

I'll take you up on that. The last month I have barely been holding on with emotional eating. I am finally back on track and starting to train again. Time to get serious. We can do this!

what do you guys need to encourage you/kick your *kitten* to stay on track? We might be able to help...and by extension, help ourselves

I am not sure? Maybe confessing publicly my calorie deficit or when I cave on the alcohol? Or when I actually exercise? I ran 4 times so far this week...I haven't done that in ages. Do we need a confession challenge? We were getting a walking to Mordor thought going a while ago but then I saw the real threads on it and these people were like scary knowledgeable and it scared me. I backed down.
  • Oberon21
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Im new to this and have been doing well i think but tonight i couldn't complete entry because i had 700 calories remaining so i scarfed down three slices of medium pizza!

We have all been there. Just log it and move on. This is a cumulative effort not a one time event...

Edited to add welcome!
  • LorraineZinn
    LorraineZinn Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I got new glasses that I think are really super cute! I have been wearing them a week and not one single person has noticed. Sad face.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    Chaelaz wrote: »
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    ["That" older guy isn't as rare as you think.

@JPW1990 I know it isn't rare. Have many a friends who upon getting divorced suddenly find themselves in the company of much younger company. I shake my head as a older guy, but honestly there is a LOT of draw to it. Mostly it can capture that feeling of fleeting youth. Ya know, Jerry Lee Lewis "Middle Aged Crazy, trying to prove he still can...".

I am pretty grounded, but who knows. Was just thinking out loud. No plans for divorce or younger women at this point. :)

honestly, this is why at 34 i'm pretty sure i'm gonna be alone.
    totally not judging you (after my parents divorced my dad spent years dating younger gals and then five years ago married a girl that is ONE year older than ME. i judge him ;) )
    anytime i go out i can't help but feel like i don't belong. there are young, stunning girls EVERYwhere, i can't imagine anyone settling for my older, pudgy butt. plus i'm also pretty sarcastic and b*tchy. B)
    but seeing how i'm the reason my current relationship tanked, i really don't have anyone else to blame.
    it's still kinda disappointing though.

I would too!

Don't give up on finding someone, I'm only 29 and sometimes it's hard since most gals my age are married or in committed relationships but most the time I'm happy as I have the rest of my life to be with someone may as well enjoy my "singleness" now. You'll find someone!! You are very pretty!

Agree that you are very pretty, plus you're pretty funny going off your additions to this thread and you will meet someone. I met my husband when I was 35 and got married at 37. I seriously thought there was something wrong with me. I used to tell myself I was "fundamentally unloveable". Everyone else said it would happen for me, they were right and I was wrong.

I must be an anomaly. I was reading through the past few days posts and wondering how people can only come up with a couple of things positive to say about themselves. And, why would anybody think that because they don't have somebody that there is something wrong with them? I never really thought I had super high self esteem, but I've always known my worth.

I am speaking for myself, but... you look around and all you see is "happy" couples and people dating, and there... is... nothing... going on with you. And I know I shouldn't compare myself to others, but I see some people who are just awful human beings and they are with someone. And then it's like "how come they can find someone, and I can't?" So you start to think there is something wrong with yourself and you must be completely unattractive.

I used to feel that way. And I am going to completely honest here. I am not a pretty woman. I am ok. When I am thin I have a great body. Think Marilyn Monroe at her skinniest without the breasts (A cup all the way). But women not as attractive as me ( which takes a lot as I am not pretty), heavier than me, no where near as smart as me, or as accomplished get guys. But somewhere along the way I realized I am ok. I still get down when I gain weight. Hate I am not pretty. That I am the least attractive female in my family. But I am pretty amazing. And if others don't realize it it's their loss. I am not going to settle. And I am a lot older than you. I hope you find the love of your life. I still hope I do. But if I don't it's ok. I am still a pretty amazing person. I don't need a guy to prove that to me. And I never will. :)

I am getting to this point. I'm okay being single for the most part. I like being able to do my own thing, when I want. There are just some days when I have lower self esteem, although they are happening less and less.

And for what it's worth, you do seem like an amazing, funny person, so just continue being your amazing self :smiley:

Aww...I have said before I am way nicer here than in real life. And more "me". I think you guys just might be getting the best of me. I think that is why I keep coming back. There really is no judgement here...so everyone really is as the book says 'free to be you and me'.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    I don't think I have any. It was long-sleeved and flowered and zipped up the back. The cloth would show through the rips in the jeans. I thought I was pretty awesome in that. Wish I had the body I had then.

Mine was (IS) plain black, also long-sleeved, and spandex. Undressing in that thing was like peeling an unripe banana.
    peleroja wrote: »
    Definitely! I also had a pair of super-low-rise jeans that had a LACE UP fly instead of a zipper or buttons...klassy klassy klassy. Looking back I cannot believe my mother let me out of the house in them as I think you could see my hipbones above the waistband. I definitely wore those to school though...

Oh dear, I still have a pair of those jeans too. Correction: two pairs. One has a band of lace around the top of the pants (can't call it a waistbanc I guess) and laces up with ribbon.

eta: Please don't think I still wear this stuff!! I just hang onto clothes for waaaaay too long and have too much stuff in my closets.

I had a pair of pants like that too. Lace up with a faux letter thong and skin tight.

My all time favorite cat suit is the one from My Cousin Vinnie in the scene where (I am blanking on the actresses name) is stomping up and down the porch talking about her time running out on her biological clock. Full body floral. But if anyone could look good in it it was her.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    crosbylee wrote: »
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    Chaelaz wrote: »
    ["That" older guy isn't as rare as you think.

@JPW1990 I know it isn't rare. Have many a friends who upon getting divorced suddenly find themselves in the company of much younger company. I shake my head as a older guy, but honestly there is a LOT of draw to it. Mostly it can capture that feeling of fleeting youth. Ya know, Jerry Lee Lewis "Middle Aged Crazy, trying to prove he still can...".

I am pretty grounded, but who knows. Was just thinking out loud. No plans for divorce or younger women at this point. :)

honestly, this is why at 34 i'm pretty sure i'm gonna be alone.
    totally not judging you (after my parents divorced my dad spent years dating younger gals and then five years ago married a girl that is ONE year older than ME. i judge him ;) )
    anytime i go out i can't help but feel like i don't belong. there are young, stunning girls EVERYwhere, i can't imagine anyone settling for my older, pudgy butt. plus i'm also pretty sarcastic and b*tchy. B)
    but seeing how i'm the reason my current relationship tanked, i really don't have anyone else to blame.
    it's still kinda disappointing though.

I would too!

Don't give up on finding someone, I'm only 29 and sometimes it's hard since most gals my age are married or in committed relationships but most the time I'm happy as I have the rest of my life to be with someone may as well enjoy my "singleness" now. You'll find someone!! You are very pretty!

Agree that you are very pretty, plus you're pretty funny going off your additions to this thread and you will meet someone. I met my husband when I was 35 and got married at 37. I seriously thought there was something wrong with me. I used to tell myself I was "fundamentally unloveable". Everyone else said it would happen for me, they were right and I was wrong.

I must be an anomaly. I was reading through the past few days posts and wondering how people can only come up with a couple of things positive to say about themselves. And, why would anybody think that because they don't have somebody that there is something wrong with them? I never really thought I had super high self esteem, but I've always known my worth.

I am speaking for myself, but... you look around and all you see is "happy" couples and people dating, and there... is... nothing... going on with you. And I know I shouldn't compare myself to others, but I see some people who are just awful human beings and they are with someone. And then it's like "how come they can find someone, and I can't?" So you start to think there is something wrong with yourself and you must be completely unattractive.

I used to feel that way. And I am going to completely honest here. I am not a pretty woman. I am ok. When I am thin I have a great body. Think Marilyn Monroe at her skinniest without the breasts (A cup all the way). But women not as attractive as me ( which takes a lot as I am not pretty), heavier than me, no where near as smart as me, or as accomplished get guys. But somewhere along the way I realized I am ok. I still get down when I gain weight. Hate I am not pretty. That I am the least attractive female in my family. But I am pretty amazing. And if others don't realize it it's their loss. I am not going to settle. And I am a lot older than you. I hope you find the love of your life. I still hope I do. But if I don't it's ok. I am still a pretty amazing person. I don't need a guy to prove that to me. And I never will. :)

That is a lot of self realization. I have not seen any photographs of you but I am sure you are not unattractive. You are right to be happy with yourself first. All other things fall into place in time. It took me a while to figure that out and now I would be ok if I were alone.

I have spent a lot of time thinking about it. :) and I am not ugly but I sure don't turn heads either. :) I love when people from the barn see me for the first time in work clothes or dressed up with makeup and my hair done . They never recognize me. I always think I look the same so I guess I may not have a totally rational view of myself. But thank God for makeup. :)

I am guessing you are probably far more attractive than you think you are. You are certainly pretty inside and it sounds as if perhaps you downplay what you could play up. If you ever wanted to take it to a bigger extreme and turn heads go for it. I think it would take a talented makeup artist (i.e. more than just a cosmetics counter make up person -- and a talented hairdresser.) The makeup artist could teach you the little "tricks" that bring out features and minimize those features you wish minimized. The hairdresser to make sure you have a flattering cut. Add to this mix someone to push you into clothes that are tasteful but on the sassy, vavooom side. I bet you'd be one hot lady! I am also guessing that you are pretty relaxed about your hair and makeup and even your clothes at the barn (perfectly normal).

I am not one to talk too much because I know I don't make the most of what I could be most of the time. I do ponytails and just a hint of makeup most days. (Especially when I know I'll be in the lab.) But, when I feel like it I can and do turn heads. It can be fun sometimes. I vote for you to go all sassy and vavoom and have some fun turning heads! :wink:

Edit for grammar (although I suck at grammar) and to say - now I want to go get a professional makeover. I will, at the very least, make it in for a trim with my awesome hairdresser very soon.) I'm supposed to go play kickball and now I'm in the mood to put on do-me shoes and a sassy dress and go out with my SO... Ok, dinner for my son and kickball it is. Sassy me will have to come out to play another day. :smiley:
    Edit again to add: I am super good at putting my foot in my mouth. I completely bet you are absolutely fine as you are -- but the above suggestion was for you - to view yourself in a different way. I am not expressing myself well but I can't think of how to put it so I hope the meaning came through that I bet you are prettier than you think you are but if you want to glam it up then do it and enjoy it!

Ha enjoy kickball!
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I got new glasses that I think are really super cute! I have been wearing them a week and not one single person has noticed. Sad face.

Aww, that is sad. I felt the same way with my regular green glasses. I think they are so cute and unique but no one has ever commented on them.

I'm sure the glasses are really cute though!
  • ravenribbs
    ravenribbs Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    >>My all time favorite cat suit is the one from My Cousin Vinnie in the scene where (I am blanking on the actresses name) is stomping up and down the porch talking about her time running out on her biological clock. Full body floral. But if anyone could look good in it it was her. <<

Marisa Tomei is the actress. She did an AMAZING performance in that movie, which is one of my (and my son's) all time favorites!!! ("Did you say youtz??")
  • AlciaMode
    AlciaMode Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    salembambi wrote: »
    I just walked by the local high school on my lunch break. Confession: so glad I'm years beyond high school. Question: did high school aged girls always look like hookers? The amazingly short shorts with crop tops/sport bras! Holy *kitten*-child, Batman!

are you serious ? calling young girls *kitten* and hookers?sexualizing them ...how nice

they can wear whatever they want just like any other girl or women

geezus

Was it the "absolutely" the "no" or the "judgment" that tripped you up?

Amen. And I agree about clothes, heck some things that 10yo girls wear make me shake my head sometimes.

And then girls/women who dress like wonder why they're objectified? I'm a chick and if I see someone else dressed with her *kitten* checks hanging out and the girls up and proud I'd stare too! When I dress and cleavage is showing I'm very well aware of it and it's usually for a reason (well when I was younger I did it all the time to get free drinks :))

i'm fairly flat chested, and then add on being quite plump, i totally missed out on the free drinks phase!
    i want free cocktails dangit.

ETA: i also have no clue how to flirt. so i was just made of win.

Oh dear I'm fairly flat too but a good bra and some gel inserts work wonders! haha ahh college- good times

that also goes back to the plump (ok spade a spade FAT) issue. i could never get a bra with a small enough cup size to be able to work with and also have it big enough in inches. victorias secret? too small around. lane bryant? cups were always too big.

Me too! Soma came closest. I fear getting resized so now all of my bras my boobs are swimming in the cups.
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    After my last post I've realised that I visit this thread a lot and only chime in when it comes to silly topics like underwear haha.. but I am so much more invested and have followed this thread since the very beginning so I thought I'd contribute properly!

@ShibaEars Have an amazing holiday!

@peleroja Congrats on the wedding :) you looked beautiful.

@Susieq_1994 I hate that you have such low self esteem. You seem like a great person and your kitty is cute! Must've been so hard to give her up

@MoHouson I really hope Owen turns up! I've had cats go missing in the past too and it's such an agonizing experience. Got my fingers crossed for you.

@Francl27 You're one of my favourite posters in this thread. I love how honest you are and I never thought I'd find someone who loves dessert as much as me haha

@KylerJaye I've seen Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind too but I always imagine you look exactly like your avatar!

@BZAH10 You are my most favourite person in this thread. I love how supportive you are of everyone!

@xMrBunglex Your transformation is amazing. Well done!

@Tubbs216 Congrats to you and your son!

Okay now I can go back to lurking and commenting on trivial things aha

@LBuehrle8 I definitely won't modify my words in future then aha :)

Aww! I friggin heart you! ;)
  • AlciaMode
    Options
    So first we talk of how high school girls are *kitten* for dressing like their music idols then we speak of how we wished we could have dressed more like our slutty idols. No judgements here right.
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    at 1200 for the day... I should be at 1500.... and add half exercise calories, I should be at 1700.... I really want to drink....

Shhh.....i am drinking right now. It's lovely. but I won't encourage it! Add to my beverages the fact that I randomly decided to grab pizza and i'm screwed in the calories. And now i'm too drunk to exercise....d@mnit.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    brandi9172 wrote: »
    I confess that most of the threads in the Chit - Chat section drive me absolutely bonkers. "Would you kiss the person above" "Compliment the person above" Blah blah blah. I guess because it's blatant compliment fishing maybe...or perhaps because there are a ton of married/partnered people out there flirting and being inappropriate with other people. I don't know...but it grosses me out. So I try not to look at even the titles...and I never click in. Did it once...won't make that mistake again, lol. :dizzy:

I used to like to post in the Which Celebrity Do You Look Like threads, because it was hilarious to see who you would get.

I usually was told Lily Collins.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    Confession... I am about to eat almost a whole head of cooked cabbage sans any oil or fatty stuffs. Just a quick spray of Pam before I threw it in the pan. At least I'll be full afterwards.

All that cabbage could cause some serious smelly farts afterwards too :D

HAHAHAHA that was my thoughts:D. Better carry some spray around:).
  • Oberon21
    Options
    ravenribbs wrote: »
    >>My all time favorite cat suit is the one from My Cousin Vinnie in the scene where (I am blanking on the actresses name) is stomping up and down the porch talking about her time running out on her biological clock. Full body floral. But if anyone could look good in it it was her. <<

Marisa Tomei is the actress. She did an AMAZING performance in that movie, which is one of my (and my son's) all time favorites!!! ("Did you say youtz??")

YES! That was her name. And I LOVE that movie. I may have to rent it again from Netflix. :)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    So I have that kid (who is 7, mind you) who had diarrhea all over the pool during his swim lesson. I want to hide in a little hole and seriously I need a drink, even though I'm already 400 calories over maintenance and I don't even drink...

Aw I'm sorry :( Positive vibes your way!!

Oh no. How is the kiddo doing? That's terrible.

Lol he couldn't care less. I'm just happy he only has one lesson left...

So I stepped on a shard of glass earlier and now my foot hurts (it went 1/8th of an inch deep and it bled quite a bit). So I don't know if I can workout tomorrow. There's always something... it's just so frustrating! Just really hoping it doesn't get infected. I swear if there's any glass in my house, I'll find it. I don't even think we've broken anything in weeks...

And my mom is coming tomorrow for a week again. I wonder how she'll try to sabotage me this time...
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    AlciaMode wrote: »
    So first we talk of how high school girls are *kitten* for dressing like their music idols then we speak of how we wished we could have dressed more like our slutty idols. No judgements here right.

Ohhhh I dressed slutty in my time. I don't have much in the boob dept so there wasn't any point showing cleavage, but I do have long legs so I put as much of those on display as I could. Easy enough when you're tall and most skirts end up considerably shorter anyway.

And I attracted the wrong guys. For the wrong reasons. But I was pretty messed up, with rock-bottom self esteem, so any attention was better than none. In fact, attracting attention for the wrong reasons felt safer than exposing my Real Self to scrutiny.

No judgment. Just hindsight.
  • professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    I just walked by the local high school on my lunch break. Confession: so glad I'm years beyond high school. Question: did high school aged girls always look like hookers? The amazingly short shorts with crop tops/sport bras! Holy *kitten*-child, Batman!

are you serious ? calling young girls *kitten* and hookers?sexualizing them ...how nice

they can wear whatever they want just like any other girl or women

geezus

Was it the "absolutely" the "no" or the "judgment" that tripped you up?

i automatically call out gross *kitten* it cannot be helped

I like irony

• AlciaMode
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    AlciaMode wrote: »

Ohhhh I dressed slutty in my time. I don't have much in the boob dept so there wasn't any point showing cleavage, but I do have long legs so I put as much of those on display as I could. Easy enough when you're tall and most skirts end up considerably shorter anyway.

And I attracted the wrong guys. For the wrong reasons. But I was pretty messed up, with rock-bottom self esteem, so any attention was better than none. In fact, attracting attention for the wrong reasons felt safer than exposing my Real Self to scrutiny.

No judgment. Just hindsight.

I have worn my fair amount of scandalous ish and my mom had no problem with it. I remember one time she came home from the store so excited. She had found me a cute pair of green plaid shorts. I put them on, they did not even cover my non existant butt, I asked my mom if we were so poor that I need to work the corner. She laughed. I laughed. I miss my mom.