Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    I may semi own 706-707. They are singing Otis Redding now. Time for bed! My 5 am run is right around the corner. G'night all!
  • aidensuchite
    aidensuchite Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Im new to this and have been doing well i think but tonight i couldn't complete entry because i had 700 calories remaining so i scarfed down three slices of medium pizza!
  • festerw
    festerw Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    festerw wrote: »
    I hit my goal weight of 190 about 8lbs ago but altered it to 175 since I'm still a little flabby, the confession is I haven't told my wife since that's less than her current weight and she's losing too just not as fast.

So don't adjust down...bulk!

175 will put me in the high end of the BMI range for my height and strength training is already part of my routine.
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I am officially at my goal weight as of today. I think that I would like to try putting on muscle and getting back up about 5-8 lbs.

I hate you! (JK, you know I love you. Just totally jealous!) <3

I'm pretty sure part of it is from being sick and not eating much. I'll trade you your PR for my goal weight. :p

Okay, my turn - what is "PR"? I did look in urban dictionary and got "public relations" but that makes no sense in the context above.
  • krissyreminisce
    krissyreminisce Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I am officially at my goal weight as of today. I think that I would like to try putting on muscle and getting back up about 5-8 lbs.

I hate you! (JK, you know I love you. Just totally jealous!) <3

I'm pretty sure part of it is from being sick and not eating much. I'll trade you your PR for my goal weight. :p

Okay, my turn - what is "PR"? I did look in urban dictionary and got "public relations" but that makes no sense in the context above.

Personal Record, I believe. :grin:
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    brandi9172 wrote: »
    I confess that most of the threads in the Chit - Chat section drive me absolutely bonkers. "Would you kiss the person above" "Compliment the person above" Blah blah blah. I guess because it's blatant compliment fishing maybe...or perhaps because there are a ton of married/partnered people out there flirting and being inappropriate with other people. I don't know...but it grosses me out. So I try not to look at even the titles...and I never click in. Did it once...won't make that mistake again, lol. :dizzy:

I hear ya! I'm single and I've honestly never been to that thread! Seriously search my name you won't find it! Not a fan, I'm here for my health not to find a date :)

Well now you are not really single...

But I am and I can't stand when people start all the overt flirting and innuendo. I leave those threads immediately. That is not why I am here. If I wanted that I would go to match.com.

I tried match.com once and they literally refused my membership! I got a msg that said they didn't have anyone that would match my profile/questionnaire info, and to try again at a later date!

It's hysterical and depressing all at once!

I did match for about 9 months and screened very carefully. My profile was designed to dissuade most men from contacting me because I really know that "most" men are wrong for me. I met a number of really nice, good (at least from our limited getting to know each other) men who were really looking for a relationship. For whatever reason it didn't click for me with even those I screened carefully. I took some time off and further tuned my profile to be VERY specific. It gave the potential "match" a good picture of my personality, my "requirements" etc. It was interesting and funny -- but definitely specific. I went on match and okcupid. It was an overwhelming response. My profile was (I guess, I only saw the men's profiles) so different than what men were used to seeing that I got all kinds of responses. I had been very true to me and my quirky personality and I posted pictures that were very true of me, no make up, working out, a little makeup in a dress, etc. I didn't want to glam it up when I don't glam it up every day. My best guy friend hated my profile but I was not looking to attract him. :wink: My (now) SO messaged me on okcupid. We went on a lunch date -- it lasted 1 1/2 hours and we laughed and had so much fun. I was about to go on first dates with four other men. He had just gone on first dates with two other women. We went on a second date and then a third. The fourth date he asked me to be exclusive. He is a great, sweet, fun man. We are a very good match so far (about 1.25 years).... so it is possible to meet some good people on these sites with a lot of screening and knowing what you want / what you want to avoid, and being patient - there is no deadline. With the busy life I lead and the busy life my SO leads it had to be an internet site that brought us together. It is very unlikely our paths would have otherwise crossed.

One point here (that might be buried) is to be yourself and know yourself and love yourself. It is reasonably easy to get a date but it is more of a challenge to find a person who is aligned with your lifestyle and values that you can mutually evaluate and get to know. You have many wonderful qualities. Own what you are awesome at and I do believe that if you want someone that you will very likely meet a great person for you! More importantly, you WON'T meet and stay with the person who is wrong for you. :smiley:

My profile (in case anyone is curious)
    Started with a short story about me almost drowning while white water rafting. (This was to give some insight into me without me listing things outright.)
    Listed the three qualities I most wanted in a man (integrity, kind-of handsome, living aligned with his values and moral standards)
    A list of the top ten reasons I'm a great girlfriend -- I started with 10 and worked down to #2. They had to ask to get the #1 reason. :wink:

Soooo. I am asking. What is no. 1?

The number one reason I'm a great girlfriend is (once we reach that point) is that you will rarely hear "I am not in the mood".

Edit to add: I often didn't tell a person who asked because I knew I was not interested in that person. I got to know a person a little by email, etc. Only a few got an answer. My SO asked at near the end of our second date. Edited again to fix the wording to the way I actually worded it.
  • NoAnalHere
    NoAnalHere Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Can I still join in? Embarrassingly I don't know moderation so I brought a food scale. The amount of rice for dinner would be like 7 oz. Most of the time I scoop some rice off my plate to make it 4 oz. Occasionally I just keep it and log 600 calories of rice because I love rice D:
  • ohgeeque
    ohgeeque Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Confession:
    For the first time in 52 days I was in the red. Self-medicating with food didn't work. I took a lousy day and made it worse. I am so mad at myself.
    AARGGHH!!
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    Options
    ohgeeque wrote: »
    Confession:
    For the first time in 52 days I was in the red. Self-medicating with food didn't work. I took a lousy day and made it worse. I am so mad at myself.
    AARGGHH!!

Don't allow one lousy day to derail all your good days. Cross this day off and start fresh tomorrow.

• MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    Options
    I had Wendy's for dinner and still came in under my goal for today.

Feeling better today and hopefully I'll feel up to doing my HIIT tomorrow. If not, I'll at least get on the treadmill at lunch.

• niquab
    niquab Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I eat at least four chocolate chip cookies everyday... To top it off I'm super in love with chocolate... And find myself craving for it all day :#
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    My confession: I watch Food Network just so I can imagine eating the foods they show/cook on Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives. I also watch Travel Channel -- Man vs. Food-- for the same reason. Gotta stop doing that...:(

Me too!!
  • margfish
    margfish Posts: 41 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    ohgeeque wrote: »
    Confession:
    AARGGHH!!

52 days?! Now that's something to aspire to! I've never made it past 6, I think. Haha. Consider it a reminder that food is not the answer, and move on. No big deal.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    Chaelaz wrote: »
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    ["That" older guy isn't as rare as you think.

@JPW1990 I know it isn't rare. Have many a friends who upon getting divorced suddenly find themselves in the company of much younger company. I shake my head as a older guy, but honestly there is a LOT of draw to it. Mostly it can capture that feeling of fleeting youth. Ya know, Jerry Lee Lewis "Middle Aged Crazy, trying to prove he still can...".

I am pretty grounded, but who knows. Was just thinking out loud. No plans for divorce or younger women at this point. :)

honestly, this is why at 34 i'm pretty sure i'm gonna be alone.
    totally not judging you (after my parents divorced my dad spent years dating younger gals and then five years ago married a girl that is ONE year older than ME. i judge him ;) )
    anytime i go out i can't help but feel like i don't belong. there are young, stunning girls EVERYwhere, i can't imagine anyone settling for my older, pudgy butt. plus i'm also pretty sarcastic and b*tchy. B)
    but seeing how i'm the reason my current relationship tanked, i really don't have anyone else to blame.
    it's still kinda disappointing though.

I would too!

Don't give up on finding someone, I'm only 29 and sometimes it's hard since most gals my age are married or in committed relationships but most the time I'm happy as I have the rest of my life to be with someone may as well enjoy my "singleness" now. You'll find someone!! You are very pretty!

Agree that you are very pretty, plus you're pretty funny going off your additions to this thread and you will meet someone. I met my husband when I was 35 and got married at 37. I seriously thought there was something wrong with me. I used to tell myself I was "fundamentally unloveable". Everyone else said it would happen for me, they were right and I was wrong.

I must be an anomaly. I was reading through the past few days posts and wondering how people can only come up with a couple of things positive to say about themselves. And, why would anybody think that because they don't have somebody that there is something wrong with them? I never really thought I had super high self esteem, but I've always known my worth.

I am speaking for myself, but... you look around and all you see is "happy" couples and people dating, and there... is... nothing... going on with you. And I know I shouldn't compare myself to others, but I see some people who are just awful human beings and they are with someone. And then it's like "how come they can find someone, and I can't?" So you start to think there is something wrong with yourself and you must be completely unattractive.

I used to feel that way. And I am going to completely honest here. I am not a pretty woman. I am ok. When I am thin I have a great body. Think Marilyn Monroe at her skinniest without the breasts (A cup all the way). But women not as attractive as me ( which takes a lot as I am not pretty), heavier than me, no where near as smart as me, or as accomplished get guys. But somewhere along the way I realized I am ok. I still get down when I gain weight. Hate I am not pretty. That I am the least attractive female in my family. But I am pretty amazing. And if others don't realize it it's their loss. I am not going to settle. And I am a lot older than you. I hope you find the love of your life. I still hope I do. But if I don't it's ok. I am still a pretty amazing person. I don't need a guy to prove that to me. And I never will. :)

I am getting to this point. I'm okay being single for the most part. I like being able to do my own thing, when I want. There are just some days when I have lower self esteem, although they are happening less and less.

And for what it's worth, you do seem like an amazing, funny person, so just continue being your amazing self :smiley:
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    NoAnalHere wrote: »
    Can I still join in? Embarrassingly I don't know moderation so I brought a food scale. The amount of rice for dinner would be like 7 oz. Most of the time I scoop some rice off my plate to make it 4 oz. Occasionally I just keep it and log 600 calories of rice because I love rice D:

Absolutely you can join in :smile: I use a food scale too. It can be eye opening to see what an actual serving of something is! (and most of the time it's disappointing lol)
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    niquab wrote: »
    I eat at least four chocolate chip cookies everyday... To top it off I'm super in love with chocolate... And find myself craving for it all day :#

Mmmm... Now I want cookies!
  • nonoelmo
    Options

Congrats!!!

Whooo whooo whoo hoo! Way to go.

• nonoelmo
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Confession:
    I use multiple types of lotions/moisturizers every day. Right now I'm on a "light" rotation.
    I use two types on my face (an anti-wrinkle and a moisturizer with sunscreen)
    I exfoliate my body and use various types on various parts. I use amlactin on the bikini line and back of thighs where I tend to get bumps/ingrown hairs. I use a thick lotion on calves/elbows. I use a smooth body lotion everywhere else.

Edited to correct a typo.
  • nonoelmo
    Options
    niquab wrote: »

Mmmm... Now I want cookies!
    I love chocolate. Dark chocolate. Look at my profile picture, my favorite chocolate.
  • nonoelmo
    edited May 2015
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    Chaelaz wrote: »
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    ["That" older guy isn't as rare as you think.

@JPW1990 I know it isn't rare. Have many a friends who upon getting divorced suddenly find themselves in the company of much younger company. I shake my head as a older guy, but honestly there is a LOT of draw to it. Mostly it can capture that feeling of fleeting youth. Ya know, Jerry Lee Lewis "Middle Aged Crazy, trying to prove he still can...".

I am pretty grounded, but who knows. Was just thinking out loud. No plans for divorce or younger women at this point. :)

honestly, this is why at 34 i'm pretty sure i'm gonna be alone.
    totally not judging you (after my parents divorced my dad spent years dating younger gals and then five years ago married a girl that is ONE year older than ME. i judge him ;) )
    anytime i go out i can't help but feel like i don't belong. there are young, stunning girls EVERYwhere, i can't imagine anyone settling for my older, pudgy butt. plus i'm also pretty sarcastic and b*tchy. B)
    but seeing how i'm the reason my current relationship tanked, i really don't have anyone else to blame.
    it's still kinda disappointing though.

I would too!

Don't give up on finding someone, I'm only 29 and sometimes it's hard since most gals my age are married or in committed relationships but most the time I'm happy as I have the rest of my life to be with someone may as well enjoy my "singleness" now. You'll find someone!! You are very pretty!

Agree that you are very pretty, plus you're pretty funny going off your additions to this thread and you will meet someone. I met my husband when I was 35 and got married at 37. I seriously thought there was something wrong with me. I used to tell myself I was "fundamentally unloveable". Everyone else said it would happen for me, they were right and I was wrong.

I must be an anomaly. I was reading through the past few days posts and wondering how people can only come up with a couple of things positive to say about themselves. And, why would anybody think that because they don't have somebody that there is something wrong with them? I never really thought I had super high self esteem, but I've always known my worth.

I am speaking for myself, but... you look around and all you see is "happy" couples and people dating, and there... is... nothing... going on with you. And I know I shouldn't compare myself to others, but I see some people who are just awful human beings and they are with someone. And then it's like "how come they can find someone, and I can't?" So you start to think there is something wrong with yourself and you must be completely unattractive.

I used to feel that way. And I am going to completely honest here. I am not a pretty woman. I am ok. When I am thin I have a great body. Think Marilyn Monroe at her skinniest without the breasts (A cup all the way). But women not as attractive as me ( which takes a lot as I am not pretty), heavier than me, no where near as smart as me, or as accomplished get guys. But somewhere along the way I realized I am ok. I still get down when I gain weight. Hate I am not pretty. That I am the least attractive female in my family. But I am pretty amazing. And if others don't realize it it's their loss. I am not going to settle. And I am a lot older than you. I hope you find the love of your life. I still hope I do. But if I don't it's ok. I am still a pretty amazing person. I don't need a guy to prove that to me. And I never will. :)

I am getting to this point. I'm okay being single for the most part. I like being able to do my own thing, when I want. There are just some days when I have lower self esteem, although they are happening less and less.

And for what it's worth, you do seem like an amazing, funny person, so just continue being your amazing self :smiley:

Ditto to both of you.

Edited because I posted a blank post.