Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Virkati
    Virkati Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    My boss yelled at me in front of some people a few weeks back. A few hours later, he finds out that he didn't have the right information. He's told others "I probably shouldn't have done that." To me? Not a word.

He's a priest.

I hate him.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    Virkati wrote: »
    My boss yelled at me in front of some people a few weeks back. A few hours later, he finds out that he didn't have the right information. He's told others "I probably shouldn't have done that." To me? Not a word.

He's a priest.

I hate him.

I'd hate him too.
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    This morning I decided to buckle down and complete my morning deposits without wasting time on MFP in between, just to see how long it would actually take me to do them without interruption.

I finished over 2 hours earlier. :blush:
  • mysticlizard
    mysticlizard Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    81Katz wrote: »
    I see too many drivers on their phones swerving and weaving about. It's like DUH, hang up the d-mn phone already. Drives me nuts. Sure, there are other distractions in a car, people with you, the radio, etc. But I still think cell phones have to be THE worst. I cannot talk on a phone and drive at the same time, I just can't.

My husband is an over the road truck driver. He watches people on their devices while driving all the time. He says the worst offenders are the cops.

Here they're allowed to be on their phones.

They are most places and on their computers too. But just because they are cops it doesn't make them safe.

Agent OJ - My hubby would like to hit his air horn when he sees someone not paying attention, but he is afraid it would cause an accident.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Fishing for compliments threads are obnoxious.
    /end rant.

I'm so with you on this one. I can't handle those threads.
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    I see too many drivers on their phones swerving and weaving about. It's like DUH, hang up the d-mn phone already. Drives me nuts. Sure, there are other distractions in a car, people with you, the radio, etc. But I still think cell phones have to be THE worst. I cannot talk on a phone and drive at the same time, I just can't.

My husband is an over the road truck driver. He watches people on their devices while driving all the time. He says the worst offenders are the cops.

They are most places and on their computers too. But just because they are cops it doesn't make them safe.

Agent OJ - My hubby would like to hit his air horn when he sees someone not paying attention, but he is afraid it would cause an accident.

I agree completely.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    I see cops not use their turn signals all the time, flash the lights going through yellow lights. It's bs. Wish I could pull them over! :expressionless:
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Confession - I just ate all the dark chocolate peanut butter I made last night.. of the edge of the knife that I used to spread it on my toast. It was about 3-4 tablespoons :(
  • Kissynn
    Kissynn Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I log the sweet stuff I want to eat at the beginning of the day. In this way it's already accounted for by the evening when I want to eat it. Shameful, I know....do let me go, I need to put in this evening's slice of coconut cream pie.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Confession - I just ate all the dark chocolate peanut butter I made last night.. of the edge of the knife that I used to spread it on my toast. It was about 3-4 tablespoons :(

I bet that was delicious anyway.
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Talkradio wrote: »
    I've never watched TWD. I tend to get nightmares when I watch zombie stuff... Although I do love Shaun of the Dead. Maybe this thread will inspire me to check it out.

I need to go back and try to watch it again. The first time I tried to watch TWD, I was having really bad anxiety, and the realistic deaths were really triggering to me. I think I'll be OK now, I can watch GoT just fine, and that show is brutal.

• ShibaEars
    Options
    Kissynn wrote: »
    I log the sweet stuff I want to eat at the beginning of the day. In this way it's already accounted for by the evening when I want to eat it. Shameful, I know....do let me go, I need to put in this evening's slice of coconut cream pie.

No way! That's the right way to do it :smiley:
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Put on another pound this week. I was so confident I had lost weight this week, yesterday after going to the gym for 40min at lunch AND going for a 30min run/walk when I got home I thought I would indulge myself in a 3 scoops of Ben and Jerry's... now I wish I hadn't. I know its not entirely Mr Ben and Mr Jerry's fault, but I just kinda wish I hadn't done it now. I have now put on 2lbs in two weeks, and after a month of eating 1400 calories a day and not losing anything, I have decided to lower it down to 1200 calories. If that doesn't work I'm thoroughly confused.

Have you thought about going up a few hundred instead of down? As crazy as it may seem, it sounds like you aren't taking in enough calories and your body is trying to hoard, slow down, reserve.

That actually worked for me. When I changed my goal from 2lbs a week to 1.5, I started losing very consistently, even with the higher calorie allowance.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

Nooo it's smart! I prelog my meals then see if I have calories for some sweets, but I'm dumb and have them at lunch (I'm not much of a 'dessert at night' person... more a 'dessert at lunch' person), so if I actually get hungry later, I'm pretty much screwed and can't replace them with something more filling.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,715 Member
    Options

Here they are not supposed to be on their phones, but they are incessantly. Annoys me to no end.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »

Here they are not supposed to be on their phones, but they are incessantly. Annoys me to no end.

here, cops are allowed to be on their phones during emergency response while driving, if they're just cruising it's just as illegal for them.
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    I'm pretty self conscious about my body, I have super athletic legs, a fat belly, and average looking arms. I've been doing some serious weight lifting and while I've only lost an inch off of my belly, I noticed that I've developing some pretty mean trapezius muscles... totally not what I needed.

Are you turning into a little guy poking out of the top of a muscle suit?

Lol, this made me laugh :smiley:
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,715 Member
    Options

Not shameful at all! That's called pre-planning and pre-logging. Works for a lot of people.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    I'm pretty self conscious about my body, I have super athletic legs, a fat belly, and average looking arms. I've been doing some serious weight lifting and while I've only lost an inch off of my belly, I noticed that I've developing some pretty mean trapezius muscles... totally not what I needed.

Are you turning into a little guy poking out of the top of a muscle suit?

Lol, this made me laugh :smiley:

I don't remember when I first saw that meme, but I can't unsee it. Any time I see any picture of someone in a bodybuilding pose like that, all I see is the little guy sticking out the top.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    ...As for my confession: I ate five thousand calories yesterday. Yup, FIVE THOUSAND--and that's just an estimate.

After a re-tally (Adding in stuff I had forgotten about), it turns out that I'm actually at roughly 6000 calories for the day. Go me. :(

I'm sure I'm with you on the calorie count.

Between yesterday & eating the 18 Mint Fudge Oreos (like the Girl Scouts Thin Mint), the whole pint of Ben & Jerry's Peanut Butter Half Baked, some of the Ben & Jerry's Spectacular Cookie Core, & three Friendly's cups of Cotton Candy with Pop Rocks I had another bad eating day today.

Today I had a lot of Edy's Cinnamon Bun Fun & most of a pint of Ben & Jerry's Cherry Garcia.

At first I was going to restrict my calories to punish myself for being a pig, but my sister knocked some sense into me not to do it. For the time being I just need to avoid buying ice cream, gelato, cookies, etc. until I can be satisfied with just one portion.

Problem with me is that I'm a good baker and VERY creative when I want to be! I don't have to buy any of the actual desserts--I can have a bare minimum of ingredients and make something crazy out of them.

My husband usually talks me off of that ledge. :) I'll be doing damage control for the next week or so, with my regular deficit. :(

Susieq_1994, from this day forward, I shall think of you as a confection-concocting 'MacGyver'... ;)

(...though you'll also remain in my tiny utensil 'hall of fame' (who says you can't be amazing in more than one realm of 'culinaria'?)... ;) )

Ooh, it's so nice to be famous. At least one person in the world will recognize my name as the tiny-spoon-wielding-crazy-dessert-making lady! ;)