Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    Ever have one of those days where everything looks like tumblr?
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    This is more advice than a confession: Don't cry in your Goggles when you go swimming, tears sting a lot when they go back into your eyes.

Why were you crying I hear you ask? I weighed myself this morning. I weigh exactly the same amount as I weighed back in February. I'm beginning to think this is all a big waste of my time. I work out 6 hours a week and eat a 890 calorie deficit a day. I don't know what else to do...

You're eating more than you think and overestimating your exercise calories, probably. Maybe make a new thread and open your diary and people can help... Also, you don't have to eat breakfast if you're not hungry... It's a myth that it kick starts your metabolism.
    Fat_Lassie wrote: »
    I once stopped in the middle of P90X to eat a burrito.

I like you.
    NoAnalHere wrote: »
    Can I still join in? Embarrassingly I don't know moderation so I brought a food scale. The amount of rice for dinner would be like 7 oz. Most of the time I scoop some rice off my plate to make it 4 oz. Occasionally I just keep it and log 600 calories of rice because I love rice D:

You're not alone. Even after 2.5 years, my eyeballing skills still suck. Watch our for cooked rice though, I found that most entries really underestimate the calories in 100g of rice... I had to weigh it dry then cooked to see how many grams were a serving of cooked rice.
    So, I decided to make a pan of brownies from scratch and had the first three inches of the 13x9 pan with a half cup of frozen chocolate yogurt. I am completely sick to my stomach and wishing I hadn't made any at all. I can't BELIEVE I used to eat half a pan in one sitting! No wonder my largest was 270. Seriously, even just a month ago, I could have a whole large pizza, a bag of chips, a microwave brownie modified to be nearly 700 calories, and three regular cokes. About two months ago, I ate a whole cake in three days with whipped cream. At the beginning of this month, I had 13 donuts in three days. I really like three days in case you couldn't tell. Oh my gosh, lol.

Confession - sometimes when I read about friends dating I get jealous because I really miss all the butterflies when you start falling in love. Sometimes I can't help wondering if I'm normal because I feel that I'd be happier if I didn't do long term relationships...

I honestly think that long term relationships aren't for everyone. I feel that society does us a disservice by pushing one ideal when it would be easier if everyone could be honest at the beginning of a relationship (I am not saying this is you) with what they wanted and expected. So, basically I don't think you're weird for thinking you'd be happier. People aren't all the same.
  • Kalici
    Options
    Norahoefer wrote: »
    When i get on the elipitcal in my basement I have to cover up every clock in the room including the one on the machine and then I spend the entire time trying to figure out how long each song I hear is or how many minutes between commercial breaks on the food network show I'm watching and how many minutes I have left. I hate it.

I do mental arithmetic as well, but I do it even when I like the exercises because my mind wanders. If you hate the elliptical could you try something else instead?
  • Kalici
    Options
    This is more advice than a confession: Don't cry in your Goggles when you go swimming, tears sting a lot when they go back into your eyes.

Why were you crying I hear you ask? I weighed myself this morning. I weigh exactly the same amount as I weighed back in February. I'm beginning to think this is all a big waste of my time. I work out 6 hours a week and eat a 890 calorie deficit a day. I don't know what else to do...

You're eating more than you think and overestimating your exercise calories, probably. Maybe make a new thread and open your diary and people can help... Also, you don't have to eat breakfast if you're not hungry... It's a myth that it kick starts your metabolism.

Surely I can't be eating 890 calories more without realising though? :# I wear a Misfit (bit like a fitbit, but you can wear it swimming) and just go by that for the day. The only thing I put into MFP is my weight lifting because I like to see the progress, :smile: it doesn't add calories on.
    I do normally eat breakfast because I am normally hungry enough to eat it (particularly after a 45min swim). I know that your metabolism is to do with chemicals in your body that is not easily adjusted, and if it is low, it is considered a serious health problem, so I know the whole "kick start" thing a BS all around.
    And nothing can convince me to start a "I can't lose weight" thread, that's digital suicide. lol I'm a massive softy so all comments would probably put me off coming back to the forum.

It depends what you're eating really. I just made my husband banana pancakes and sausage for supper the other day and my jaw hit the floor when I realized how many calories (I check calories even when I'm not eating it!) he was putting away in that one meal.

Although, if you are weighing your food intake correctly you should head to the doctors and get checked out.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    Exercise is dangerous.

Orienteering this morning, and I let my ambition get ahead of my talent. Jogging across towards a checkpoint, there was a little drop - no problem, I'll just jump down it as I run. SUPER BAD IDEA. Ow ow ow ow ow. I don't think I've done any permanent damage, but getting up tomorrow morning is going to be interesting.

The fun part though is that I have already done 13.5k steps today and I still have a football match to go to.
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    AlciaMode wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    AlciaMode wrote: »
    So first we talk of how high school girls are *kitten* for dressing like their music idols then we speak of how we wished we could have dressed more like our slutty idols. No judgements here right.

Ohhhh I dressed slutty in my time. I don't have much in the boob dept so there wasn't any point showing cleavage, but I do have long legs so I put as much of those on display as I could. Easy enough when you're tall and most skirts end up considerably shorter anyway.

And I attracted the wrong guys. For the wrong reasons. But I was pretty messed up, with rock-bottom self esteem, so any attention was better than none. In fact, attracting attention for the wrong reasons felt safer than exposing my Real Self to scrutiny.

No judgment. Just hindsight.

I have worn my fair amount of scandalous ish and my mom had no problem with it. I remember one time she came home from the store so excited. She had found me a cute pair of green plaid shorts. I put them on, they did not even cover my non existant butt, I asked my mom if we were so poor that I need to work the corner. She laughed. I laughed. I miss my mom.

"Is that a dress or a swimsuit?" Yes, I wore more than one dress that fit that description. I still own one that I was given by a boyfriend when I was 21. He apparently like the look too. It is an awesome dress. I wore it for Halloween last year. I went as a GoGo Girl complete with white platform boots and that short, tight, key-hole cut out psychedelic delight. Total strangers (men) took selfies with me, after asking permission. It was fun...but only for Halloween these days. SO wore vintage 60's wear as well. :smiley:

I think teen girls push the boundaries of what is tasteful and they have for many generations. It is part of growing up. Thus far my daughter has been fairly conservative in her taste. She also knows I'll only call her out if she is making a fool of herself. I don't care what she does with her hair or makeup. She can shave her hair, dye it any color, etc. She has long hair and well applied makeup (a very pretty girl). Maybe because I encourage her to be herself she does not (yet) feel the need to express herself in this way. She did "borrow" a bikini or two of mine that I have not gotten back in over a year so I guess they belong to her now. They are a little string binikis -- but she looks great in them and I can't say those are too small when that is what I bought for myself. :wink:

• nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    Confession.
    When I see a woman in a bikini and a sheer coverup that barely touches her butt and does not cover it, in the science and engineering library... You better believe I'm judging. Is there no common sense? Pool = bikini ok. Science and Engineering Library = more clothing required.
  • Kalici
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    I confess: I think I started my very first Internet fight...and I'm a little tickled by it. >:)

You have more b*lls than me for replying to them-- someone commented on my joy stick post with disdain. Totally trying to help out @asflatasapancake ..not trying to be a skeaze bucket and I apologized within my post!

I thought it was funny.

Me too but a joystick is technically not a computer is it? It's part of a gaming system?

There are USB joysticks and controllers. They plug in the same way a mouse does so I think it would count the same way.

• kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Well, it finally happened...something I've been nervous about for a while now. Our (not so bright) 10 month old kitten jumped on the treadmill this morning during my run. The confession part? I finished my run...(for another 7 minutes) before checking on her. I feel awful! She seems fine...but I definitely stepped on her.
    I will keep an eye on her throughout the day to make sure she's ok and doesn't need a vet appointment. But seriously, nothing quite stops your heart like stepping on a cat while running on a treadmill.
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    So I am on holiday next week, and I'm not sure I will have access to Wi-Fi. I am sad about possibly losing my streak (130 days today!). Also, please don't forget about me in the next week!

We won't!! Have a great trip!!!
  • TigerNY128
    Options
    I have to confess I don't own a single thong/g-string. I don't find them comfortable at all. To be fair I think I need to go shopping for some sexier underwear. Mine are all polka dots and boy shorts :|

I just went from granny panties to bikinis, lol. Forget thongs for me!

Once I made the switch to things I never went back. I have a round butt and everything ends up there anyway. I only wear thongs now. Much more comfortable.

I also only wear thongs. My favorite brand is Hanky Panky. They are seriously the most comfortable underwear ever made! No lines and they stay put!
  • TigerNY128
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Well, it finally happened...something I've been nervous about for a while now. Our (not so bright) 10 month old kitten jumped on the treadmill this morning during my run. The confession part? I finished my run...(for another 7 minutes) before checking on her. I feel awful! She seems fine...but I definitely stepped on her.
    I will keep an eye on her throughout the day to make sure she's ok and doesn't need a vet appointment. But seriously, nothing quite stops your heart like stepping on a cat while running on a treadmill.

Aww! That's kind of a funny image! But I hope your kitten is ok!!
  • faithyang
    faithyang Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    faithyang wrote: »
    I have been overestimating the kcal of my coffee. I was assuming it contained 100 kcal but today I calculated everything in detail and it's just 40 kcal. Ugh 60 kcal of food missed :D

Don't you hate that! Food get in MAH belly! I also agree with what Franc has said about weighing a protein bar & finding out it has around 30-40 more calories than it should. Today I weighed my Quest bar & it weighed 70 grams instead of 60 which I am not going to complain since it's Quest & more Quest isn't a bad thing, but I can see how it can screw up someone's day if everything weighs more than what it should.

I confess that today I went to Wal-Mart to grab some groceries & was pleasantly surprised that they have started to carry a bit more healthy/organic/vegetarian meals. I bought a few Evol frozen meals I haven't tried before & around six Amy's frozen burritos (I wish they had Red's brand but oh well). I also bought some more diet soda since I can't live without my Diet Mountain Dew. Oh Diet Mountain Dew how I love you so. I bought another package of Oreos not that I need anymore since I bought the new S'Mores, Mega Stuf, & Reese's Peanut Butter ones on Sunday. This time I got the Lemon Oreos & was surprised that they actually have a pleasant lemon taste. To round out the shopping trip I got Breyer's Golden Oreo ice cream (I haven't had that one in ages) & their Raspberry Cheesecake flavor. For those that are lactose intolerant I noticed my local Wal-Mart has the new Silk Cashew ice cream flavors & some of the flavors seem pretty good. If they would've had the Snickerdoodle one I would've bought that too.

http://www.onsecondscoop.com/2015/05/so-delicious-cashew-milk-frozen-desserts.html

OMG. Don't even get me started on Walmart. When I visited the US for a short stint I had the distinct pleasure/nightmare (subjective) of going to Walmart and a couple of other popular department/supermarket chains. I was blown away by:

1. The size of US portions
    2. The size of US supermarkets
    3. The size of US products
    4. The price --> THE STUFF IS SO CHEAP

It makes perfect sense why losing weight in the US is so hard! Huge, massive azz portions + cheap prices = too easy to overconsume, difficult to maintain portion/self-control as we tend to eyeball things!

Not to mention the availability of food, pastries, sugary stuff, junk - everywhere! In pharmacies (it boggles my mind how a 'health' place can hawk junk food and cigarettes), in gas stations, vending machines filled with junk food and sugary drinks in schools, cheap and available gourmet and restaurant/cafe food everywhere in large portions...buffets everywhere for cheap.

I ended up gaining 2kg, and a noticeable paunch around my waist despite making the effort to exercise 5 times a day!

I found it so hard to not buy 10 varieties of Oreos ('reduced fat' oreos and 'sugar-free' chocolates were the laughs of the week for me! :smiley: ) in one visit, and omg the varety of Pringles, chips and ice creams for cheap + the size of them...crazy! I ended up hoarding so. much. food. But I couldn't bring myself to finish them all. I think I just ended up finishing a can of Pringles together with my SO.

To give you an example of what I mean by cheap: Where I live a Ben & Jerry's pint is US$12-13. When I was in the US it was between US$3-5.

Yikes $12-13 for Ben & Jerry's! That's nuts! I paid that for Jeni's ice cream online (a gourmet ice cream based out of Ohio). I do have to agree that at times it's overwhelming with how many selections we have of certain food items. Yesterday I bought around 5-6 different cereals I never tried & I would estimate there were at least 50-100 or more different kinds in that aisle yesterday. Do you have any stores near you that sell foods that are more popular in America/Canada?

I've heard people have found ice cream recipes online that taste like Jeni's & I would imagine they have some that you could replicate for Ben & Jerry's.

I confess that I work at a Wal-Mart & love when we have foreign customers come in & get excited to shop there. I had a man that was from the Netherlands that said his kids were mad that they couldn't come to the US & visit Wal-Mart.

The one store I don't have near me that I wish I did is Trader Joe's.

Nope! If I want to get American/Canadian foods its either a very limited selection at specialty shops aside from the limited popular range you get everywhere else in the world - or you can get it online at an inflated price.

LOL I get the same jitters when shopping at Walmart - so much to buy! I do like Trader Joe's as well! They have some really interesting products and a great ready-to-eat range! :)

Omg, I think if I found a B&J recipe online I'd end up gaining 40 pounds from mass 'manufacturing' ice cream at home!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

Doh! Glad she's ok. Cats can do the dumbest things sometimes.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Forum needs coffee too.
  • AlciaMode
    AlciaMode Posts: 421 Member
    Options

Frightening and kind of adorable
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    I have to confess I don't own a single thong/g-string. I don't find them comfortable at all. To be fair I think I need to go shopping for some sexier underwear. Mine are all polka dots and boy shorts :|

Polka dots are totally sexy in my world. And my butt makes boyshorts "sexier" than they're intended to be so, I just go with it.
  • CountessKitteh
    Options
    crfischer4 wrote: »
    I would just like to take a moment and send out a heartfelt thank you to whomever the wonderful person was who began this thread. I've read 10 of the 700+ pages and I've laughed so much that I cried. The bible says laughter is as good as medicine so I should be healthy for the rest of my life! I've also learned A LOT! Also, I would like to thank all the ladies and gents who have taken the time and mustered up the courage to post some of their confessions here; I wish you all the best as you (we) walk through our struggles. Remember: try to find the positive in the crappiest situations, make lemonade when you're dealt a lemon, and you have waaaaay more depth to you than you give yourself credit for! Be encouraged!!!

Well, when you get to page 718, WELCOME!

By the times she gets to 718 we will be on 1000+

I'm not even going to try and read back. My friend loves this thread so I'm going to try and pay more attention to it. You all crack me up.

Do we know this friend? Or is said friend a lurker, not a poster?
  • CountessKitteh
    Options
    I have a positive, a negative, and a confession.

FIL had a GREAT day yesterday, and is expected to continue right along (slowly) on the (long) road to recovery, as is common with heart patients. He has even transitioned back to normal eating and has started making sense of the last week's confusion and chaos all on his own. This is a huge weight off my chest.

My other half's aunt passed away yesterday. They only discovered she had cancer in early May, and she was supposed to be transported to hospice last night. Guess she didn't feel like going. She was a terrific, big hearted, mildly crazy woman with an insatiable love of spaghetti westerns. I shall miss her.

Confession: It's 9:30am and I'm trying to decide what time is acceptable to start drinking.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    I have a positive, a negative, and a confession.

FIL had a GREAT day yesterday, and is expected to continue right along (slowly) on the (long) road to recovery, as is common with heart patients. He has even transitioned back to normal eating and has started making sense of the last week's confusion and chaos all on his own. This is a huge weight off my chest.

My other half's aunt passed away yesterday. They only discovered she had cancer in early May, and she was supposed to be transported to hospice last night. Guess she didn't feel like going. She was a terrific, big hearted, mildly crazy woman with an insatiable love of spaghetti westerns. I shall miss her.

Confession: It's 9:30am and I'm trying to decide what time is acceptable to start drinking.

Great news about your FIL and a huge loss about your SO's aunt, hugs!

And in regards to the drinking- it's 5 o'clock somewhere my friend :)