Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    Rashmi411 wrote: »
    I am now 170lbs I spent 2 years going from 191 to 123. I had the help of a fabulous online trainer. I ate 2 cinnabons yesterday with at least 64 grams of carbs each. My exercise has been off. I;ve been feeling sad that my ex died. My current boyfriend calls me names. We broke up when I was 135lbs. I started going out with him again at 151. He calls me fatty or fat *kitten*, thunder thighs. I know I am responsible for my weight. My exercising was so strong when I lost weight the first time. Many days I get hungry and eat over the limit. My preparation isn't the best. Plus I am drinking 2-3 glasses of water. I know I can turn this around. My fitnesspal helped me once but its so easy to gain weight back. The biggest thing I've said is I'll start tomorrow. That's BS. I will not say that again to let me be unhealthy today. I got this...

Sorry to read you're having a bad time of late.

I just had to say, there is no excuse for your boyfriend to be calling you names, even if you have put on weight. That's just mean. You can turn this around, of course you can, but don't think his attitude will improve. In my experience, if someone wants to be mean to you, they'll just find a new target if the original thing changes. I could be wrong, and jumping to conclusions, but I wanted someone to tell you it's not okay for someone to treat you that way. Hopefully you can have a sensible conversation with him and it will improve. Good luck to you.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty self conscious about my body, I have super athletic legs, a fat belly, and average looking arms. I've been doing some serious weight lifting and while I've only lost an inch off of my belly, I noticed that I've developing some pretty mean trapezius muscles... totally not what I needed.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    81Katz wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Does anyone binge on "walking dead" ? I think me and my daughter have a million times lol mostly my daughter , she controls the remote.

Totally! It's one of my favorite shows. I watch every episode as it airs, and then when they go on hiatus, I binge-watch all the seasons at some point so I can get my fix :)

I'm doing that right now. When the most recent season ended, my husband and I started watching from the beginning. We're currently on season 4. Love that show so much. I now want a samurai sword so I can be a badass zombie slayer like Michonne. B)

I have a sword on my Amazon wish list specifically for this purpose :) However, I'm fairly certain that in the event of an actual zombie apocalypse, I will either a) step out of my house strapped to the hilt with weapons and a kicka$$ attitude only to be bitten 10 seconds later; or b) I will be Otis - too slow to run away and left behind as walker bait.

That made me laugh. Otis was only walker bait because Shane was a piece of human garbage and sacrificed him to save his own sorry butt. I'm glad Rick took him out. Too bad he was a zombie when it happened.

Very true. Interesting that Rick has kind of been turning into Shane lately, no? I hope that the reappearance of Morgan and his zen attitude will bring Rick back from the edge a little.

Yeah, Rick has kind of lost it. So has Shasha. She's bonkers now. This is really mean and I feel terrible for saying it, but I wish Carl would just die already. I'm surprised he's still around.

I'm glad Glen made it. :smile:

Glen is the only character left that I really like :/

I LOVE GLEN!!! But how do you not like Daryl or Carol?! They'd definitely be in my zombie apocalypse traveling gang.

I cannot STAND Daryl.....Carol I feel indifferent about

The thread has definitely moved on by now, but I have to say Daryl is amazing, I love Daryl, if he dies, for me, TWD is over! Also love kick-*kitten* Carol!

I feel the same about Daryl. I think I would truly be heartbroken if he died. :(

Yep, if Daryl dies, we riot!!! I am hoping Rick comes back from the Shane direction he is going. Maybe Morgan can do that. I was very excited to see him in the last couple of episodes. I am very interested in seeing the spin off this summer about the beginning of the ZA and how it progressed.
  • shannonbun
    shannonbun Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Confession: I never log the butter I put on my english muffin on the days that I can actually get breakfast... I just don't go overboard and shrug off the whatever-calories it was since I'm usually under my goal anyway.
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    shannonbun wrote: »
    Confession: I never log the butter I put on my english muffin on the days that I can actually get breakfast... I just don't go overboard and shrug off the whatever-calories it was since I'm usually under my goal anyway.

If you don't slather it on, you probably aren't adding to many calories anyways. I grew up with margarine and was surprised that butter wasn't that high in calories.
  • Momakanga
    Momakanga Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    So I've had to do some soul-searching since bring up my daughter here (you all are terrific, thanks). There are enough symptoms to indicate a possible eating disorder and some that indicate a physical problem. Her doctor and I will keep sorting through them and get her whatever she needs. But... assuming she does have an eating disorder, does it make any sense for me to be watching my weight on here? I really asked myself that and didn't log food/exercise for a few days. I'm still thinking about it. I'm at a healthy, normal weight. I met my initial goal (in my head) of losing the 2 - 3 pound creep up I gained in the last year. But I thought I'd build in a little cushion as I'm at the "high" weight of the three weights I like. We are not talking big numbers (five pounds to eight pounds depending on what end of what fluctuation you measure from...but at my leisurely rate it could be a year to do it...fine with me, just slow movement in the right direction). What I've tentatively decided (and I didn't tell her I was recording my foods, etc.) is to keep recording and keep adding in more exercises to my daily routine. My weekends are non-stop moving working on my house and landscape or being out and about with my SO. My weekdays I'm getting more and more built in. I figure that by keeping on track and adding in more activity I'll slowly inch down without it being a "thing". It just seems weird for me to lose weight when she is ordered not to, I know we're different people, I just want to be supportive of her health when I don't "need" to lose. UGH. I'm rambling.

That sounds like something to talk with her doc about. MFP could be a good tool for all of you to help her see what her eating looks like. There are many people recovering from eating disorders here too. If you are both concentrating on being healthy it may be a good thing.

Keep up the good fight. Your daughter is lucky to have you.
  • Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    shannonbun wrote: »

If you don't slather it on, you probably aren't adding to many calories anyways. I grew up with margarine and was surprised that butter wasn't that high in calories.

I'm always very pleased at how much 3g of butter is, and how few calories it is! Mmmm butter.
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    Inspection people are here. Everybody's freaking out a little. Except me. Think I'll just sit here and eat my string cheese until somebody needs me.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    Does anyone binge on "walking dead" ? I think me and my daughter have a million times lol mostly my daughter , she controls the remote.

Totally! It's one of my favorite shows. I watch every episode as it airs, and then when they go on hiatus, I binge-watch all the seasons at some point so I can get my fix :)

I'm doing that right now. When the most recent season ended, my husband and I started watching from the beginning. We're currently on season 4. Love that show so much. I now want a samurai sword so I can be a badass zombie slayer like Michonne. B)

I have a sword on my Amazon wish list specifically for this purpose :) However, I'm fairly certain that in the event of an actual zombie apocalypse, I will either a) step out of my house strapped to the hilt with weapons and a kicka$$ attitude only to be bitten 10 seconds later; or b) I will be Otis - too slow to run away and left behind as walker bait.

That made me laugh. Otis was only walker bait because Shane was a piece of human garbage and sacrificed him to save his own sorry butt. I'm glad Rick took him out. Too bad he was a zombie when it happened.

Very true. Interesting that Rick has kind of been turning into Shane lately, no? I hope that the reappearance of Morgan and his zen attitude will bring Rick back from the edge a little.

Yeah, Rick has kind of lost it. So has Shasha. She's bonkers now. This is really mean and I feel terrible for saying it, but I wish Carl would just die already. I'm surprised he's still around.

For me it is Daryl....he is wicked with the crossbow, can survive in the woods, kill and cook me dinner, and has a soft spot for those that are loyal to him (Carol and Beth). He is also easy on the eyes! I love him (Norman Reedus) in the movie "The Boondock Saints".

I miss Beth. My jaw hit the floor the way she went out. I thought she and Daryl were going to hook up before she was taken.

*Makes a note to add The Boondock Saints to Netflix queue. :wink:

• spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    Russandol wrote: »
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Russandol wrote: »
    I love reading while I eat, though, mainly because I want some kind of mental stimulation. Sadly, it often ends up being the distracting kind that makes me overeat...

I've struggled with similar things, and I think it's because I have strong associations with "eating" being a time when I could just take a break from everything, a time out, and escape from the world. Not sure why, but I remember when I was young even reading while I ate and dragging out the meal by eating more just so I'd have an excuse to keep reading more. When I had a horrible stressful job in my late 20s (and first got fat), I'd similarly see eating lunch or dinner (at work) as my one time to take a break and read or (later) surf the internet at the same time, and similarly that's when I started adding dessert on to my meals routinely, since it would drag it out. It really was a "while I'm eating I don't have to think about these other things."

My confession is that while I was losing it was really easy to focus on all the exciting things about losing and the goals and such and have that outweigh the screwed up emotional ways I use food. But since I've basically decided to maintain for a while it's gotten a lot harder when the same sorts of stresses come up, such that I think I really need to work on some of the underlying stuff more. Which of course I don't want to!
    Mine's a little bit different from that, but I do recognize parts of it, especially the escape bit. It's really interesting - I've never thought about it like that, that it's a kind of me time when I don't have to think about other things.

Talkradio wrote: »
    Confession: I have always wanted to buy ONE car brand new. I know it doesn't make economic sense, but I still wanted to. The confession is that we did that last September, a 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage. 100 miles on it. I'm ticked off because we bought the car as a commuter car for my new job - it gets almost 50 miles to the gallon. But it has zero cool factor. It is a stick shift and has no luxury features. That is NOT what I planned on wasting my one new car buy on.

Confession: I judge people who don't know how to drive a stick shift. I feel internally smug and superior towards them.
    Confession: I don't know how to drive. Full stop. :disappointed: I'm 34, and I've never even attempted driving lessons because I'm scared shitless of failing and of being too dumb/inept to drive. Ditto for the theory part. Nope. I'll fail that too, says the malicious little voice in my head. Luckily I live in a small town where I can bike almost anywhere, and I do, all year round. Though I have to admit biking in winter sucks horribly. The chains and gears get really stiff once you go down past -25°C...

pofoster21 wrote: »
    I love your fox!
    Thank you! :) Sadly, I've forgot the name of the artist and Google is of no help. :/ I'd like to credit them properly.

So what if you fail? It only costs you the price of the test. I was scared of driving. I failed my driving test 5 times. I passed on the 6th attempt. It was all mental with me. I would freak myself out and do something stupid. Then during my 6th test I made a mistake I thought was so bad I'd already failed, so the mental pressure was off and I drove just fine. The mistake was only deemed a 'minor' and I passed. Then I didn't drive for 8 years because I still secretly felt my pass was a fluke. Took some refresher lessons, since there was no pressure to pass they went just fine. And now I've been able to move to the countryside (impossible without my own car).

Oh and I drive a stick (I'm British). None of my 5 driving test fails were due to gear changes/clutch issues. I don't understand why people find that part so difficult, it just takes a little practice.
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    Mbiceo wrote: »
    nonoelmo, it's really important that you keep a positive, self-image for yourself and of yourself, because if your daughter has an eating disorder, it's going to be very important that you show her a healthy, self-image includes taking care of yourself in every way you can. Most young girls have no role models, particularly with self-esteem, this would be a good way for you to help her. (It's OK to ramble :smile: )

Well said!

• S_Evanson613
    S_Evanson613 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    I buy Monster drinks by the case. I have one a day. When I went to buy my case this last time, at the same store I always buy them at, the cashier said something like "those are gonna kill ya." I laughed it off and said, "everybody is gonna die somehow. This is my vice." He seriously started to lecture me on how bad they are. All I could think was, "Well, I know what is gonna kill you. ME!"

I don't think cashiers should make any type of judgmental comment on anything anyone is buying. None of their business.

I love Monster too. I had a similar experience. The cashier told me I was going to have a stroke because one of his friends that drinks them had one. He kept going on about how they aren't good for you. I was like Ok...

I too drink 1 Monster a day. The White Zero Ultra is my kryptonite!
  • MoHousdon
    Options

I LOVE GLEN!!! But how do you not like Daryl or Carol?! They'd definitely be in my zombie apocalypse traveling gang.

I need Daryl to cut his hair. Full stop.

I don't know about cutting it, but I volunteer as tribute to wash it for him. :p

• MoHousdon
    Options

The thread has definitely moved on by now, but I have to say Daryl is amazing, I love Daryl, if he dies, for me, TWD is over! Also love kick-*kitten* Carol!

I feel the same about Daryl. I think I would truly be heartbroken if he died. :(

Me too. I about lost it when I thought Glen was done for. When he showed up all badass, I yelled, "Yay!"
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    I'm pretty self conscious about my body, I have super athletic legs, a fat belly, and average looking arms. I've been doing some serious weight lifting and while I've only lost an inch off of my belly, I noticed that I've developing some pretty mean trapezius muscles... totally not what I needed.

Now that I know what traps are, I notice them on EVERYONE!!!

• MoHousdon
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »

Yep, if Daryl dies, we riot!!! I am hoping Rick comes back from the Shane direction he is going. Maybe Morgan can do that. I was very excited to see him in the last couple of episodes. I am very interested in seeing the spin off this summer about the beginning of the ZA and how it progressed.

Why am I just now hearing about this?! What is it called and when does it start?! I need this in my life to get me through to the next season. After I finish rewatching all the previous seasons, of course.

• fitfatty88
    fitfatty88 Posts: 273 Member
    Options

For me it is Daryl....he is wicked with the crossbow, can survive in the woods, kill and cook me dinner, and has a soft spot for those that are loyal to him (Carol and Beth). He is also easy on the eyes! I love him (Norman Reedus) in the movie "The Boondock Saints".

I miss Beth. My jaw hit the floor the way she went out. I thought she and Daryl were going to hook up before she was taken.

One of my top 25 films. Just don't watch the second one..it's horrible.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    fitfatty88 wrote: »

One of my top 25 films. Just don't watch the second one..it's horrible.

catch a super young norman reedus in Blade 2
  • qn4bx9pzg8aifd
    qn4bx9pzg8aifd Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    ...As for my confession: I ate five thousand calories yesterday. Yup, FIVE THOUSAND--and that's just an estimate.

After a re-tally (Adding in stuff I had forgotten about), it turns out that I'm actually at roughly 6000 calories for the day. Go me. :(

I'm sure I'm with you on the calorie count.

Between yesterday & eating the 18 Mint Fudge Oreos (like the Girl Scouts Thin Mint), the whole pint of Ben & Jerry's Peanut Butter Half Baked, some of the Ben & Jerry's Spectacular Cookie Core, & three Friendly's cups of Cotton Candy with Pop Rocks I had another bad eating day today.

Today I had a lot of Edy's Cinnamon Bun Fun & most of a pint of Ben & Jerry's Cherry Garcia.

At first I was going to restrict my calories to punish myself for being a pig, but my sister knocked some sense into me not to do it. For the time being I just need to avoid buying ice cream, gelato, cookies, etc. until I can be satisfied with just one portion.

Problem with me is that I'm a good baker and VERY creative when I want to be! I don't have to buy any of the actual desserts--I can have a bare minimum of ingredients and make something crazy out of them.

My husband usually talks me off of that ledge. :) I'll be doing damage control for the next week or so, with my regular deficit. :(

Susieq_1994, from this day forward, I shall think of you as a confection-concocting 'MacGyver'... ;)

(...though you'll also remain in my tiny utensil 'hall of fame' (who says you can't be amazing in more than one realm of 'culinaria'?)... ;) )
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »

Why am I just now hearing about this?! What is it called and when does it start?! I need this in my life to get me through to the next season. After I finish rewatching all the previous seasons, of course.

I am the geek that DVR's Talking Dead after the show and get all this info!! It is called Fear the Walking Dead and it is supposed to start this summer. It is supposed to be on the other side of the country and the time frame will follow from the beginning of the outbreak and follow through up until (and probably past) the time Rick came out of the hospital. All that stuff we didn't see at the beginning of the Walking Dead.