Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,711 Member
    Options
    Is it bad that I feel the need to look better than my boyfriends ex?
    On top of that I just want to be confident in myself and feel comfortable in my own skin.

No, it's not bad. We all have our shallow or vain motivations at times. But, the bold part of your post should be your #1 priority no matter what.
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    I'm a vegetarian but I can't manage to lose weight. I stopped eating bread and I barely eat any protein

I gave up bread and most carbs and feel great. BUT you HAVE to have protein! Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, beans, etc. If you want to see progress you'll need to make a few more changes.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Here are pictures of my fur babies. I am WAY behind on this, but I wanted to join in on the sharing party.

This is Owen. I fear he's not to return. It's been over 3 weeks now and haven't seen him. That makes me sad because he was my baby boy.

6enh80drb2ti.jpg

This is Lucy and Otis. Lucy is the big (for her breed, she's actually on the small side) Staffy, and Otis is the little one in the background.

qtlw994hg1gz.jpg
    Super cute! And never lose hope with a lost pet...there are crazy stories of animals returning after YEARS of being lost! :)
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    Sch614 wrote: »
    Last night after finishing dinner, my daughter brought her plate to the sink and said "good effort mom" and she thought she was being encouraging!

I'm sorry, but this is funny. At least she appreciated the effort. That's something.

• kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    MissLaaber wrote: »
    I have been dealing with the leg cramps from hell the past 3 days, I've been training for a half marathon but I've been pacing myself. I can't figure out what the hell is causing them, I want them gone! Lol
    ETA: I fail at forming sentences today guys.
    Last year, I was having major leg cramping and restlessness and no matter what I did, nothing helped. I finally found something called Leg Cramps at CVS and they are a lifesaver! I would take 2 right before bed(that's when my legs would cramp) and I never had a problem again! Maybe you could try them?

• tulips_and_tea
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    peleroja wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    I used to break spaghetti into 3 when my kids were little. I still break it in half. I rarely order it in a restaurant because I don't like the looong strands.

I also never order ribs. I hate getting my hands dirty, even if it's because of delicious ribs.

I've never been a fan of spaghetti. I mean it's ok but def not something I would ever order when dining out. Maybe I haven't had GOOD spaghetti. But then again, I am not a saucy guy so I tend to like more noodle than sauce. And a noodle is just a noodle, correct?

I crush ribs without second thought. I do however go through a TON of wet naps cuz I hate that sticky feeling on my hands and face.

What??? Pretty sure your profile pic says otherwise! Haha. Those scrawny arms in the picture make me laugh every time.

LMAO touché... I am also not a fan of mayo. Stupid skinny arm child proof tops (They ARE child proof, right?) :p

Aren't all jars?? I used to have this small rubber gripper thing that I used constantly to open jars. It mysteriously disappeared from my kitchen. I didn't lose it. Husband is retired and spends way more time in the kitchen than I do, so naturally I blamed him. I throw a new temper tantrum now every time I cannot open a jar and my gripper is no where to be found. Never can remember to buy another one at the store! Simple solution, but temper tantrums are much more fun.

Just tap/bang the edge of the jar (the metal part) all the way around on the countertop and the jar will open easily. It breaks the seal so it's suddenly really easy. It saved my life as a bartender constantly with the pickled asparagus/green beans and olive jars because I'm a shrimpy little girl with weak everything.

You can also use the tip of a butter knife or spoon just under the lid..you'll actually hear the seal pop/air let out. Works great!

What she said! My daddy made sure I didn't need no man. :)

Agreed, however, *I* am the one that made sure I don't need a man to do things for me! Hence, the temper tantrums and resorting to other methods. I refuse to ask my husband to do it. I'll figure it out myself, thankyouverymuch!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Edison563 wrote: »
    Are eggs like supposed to be really good for you?

Like, yes. ;)

Just cracked up, out loud, at work...thanks!
  • xLoveLikeWinterx
    xLoveLikeWinterx Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    I have an nsv combined with a confession: yesterday I did finally go shopping for capris pants an spent the entire afternoon in the mall (I walked the length of it four times and got some decent exercise). I was pleasantry surprised that all the stores I went to had my size given that for past 4 years I was shopping in the plus size stores for pants (granted, I was not aware that a lot of stores actually carried up to a size 16-18 as the stores I shopped at in my early twenties when I was thinner never carried larger than a 12; I was to embarrassed with my self to even look - I guess tastes change a bit the older you get).

Anywho, when I told the store staff in several of the stores I needed a size 14 they asked me to try on a size 12. I knew they wouldn't fit but I tried them on anyways (I was right btw). The NSV = people looking at me think I am smaller than I am. The confession: I popped a button on one of the size 12 as I was trying to do them up!. I tried tying the button back on the capris as they wanted $75 (which is WAY too much money IMHO) but said screw it and just left. I thought it was pretty funny but it made me feel good to know that I don't look as big to others as I feel sometimes.

Sometimes though I wish I was more proportionate. I can now fit into medium sized shirts but I need such large bottoms in comparison. Dresses look so funny on me as they are either too big on top but fit in the middle or fit on top but too tight in the middle- stupid genetics.

I have the opposite problem. My bottom half is shrinking, and I suffer from Noassatall, so jeans always seem to fall off me. However, the girls will probably keep me in a 2x shirt most of the time. I am hoping to get at least down to a large with weight loss. Here's hoping!!

At my tiniest, I was a sz 0-2 and still wore a S or M shirt. Big chest, noassatall here too.
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    This is more advice than a confession: Don't cry in your Goggles when you go swimming, tears sting a lot when they go back into your eyes.

Why were you crying I hear you ask? I weighed myself this morning. I weigh exactly the same amount as I weighed back in February. I'm beginning to think this is all a big waste of my time. I work out 6 hours a week and eat a 890 calorie deficit a day. I don't know what else to do...

You're eating more than you think and overestimating your exercise calories, probably. Maybe make a new thread and open your diary and people can help... Also, you don't have to eat breakfast if you're not hungry... It's a myth that it kick starts your metabolism.
    Fat_Lassie wrote: »
    I once stopped in the middle of P90X to eat a burrito.

I like you.
    NoAnalHere wrote: »
    Can I still join in? Embarrassingly I don't know moderation so I brought a food scale. The amount of rice for dinner would be like 7 oz. Most of the time I scoop some rice off my plate to make it 4 oz. Occasionally I just keep it and log 600 calories of rice because I love rice D:

You're not alone. Even after 2.5 years, my eyeballing skills still suck. Watch our for cooked rice though, I found that most entries really underestimate the calories in 100g of rice... I had to weigh it dry then cooked to see how many grams were a serving of cooked rice.
    So, I decided to make a pan of brownies from scratch and had the first three inches of the 13x9 pan with a half cup of frozen chocolate yogurt. I am completely sick to my stomach and wishing I hadn't made any at all. I can't BELIEVE I used to eat half a pan in one sitting! No wonder my largest was 270. Seriously, even just a month ago, I could have a whole large pizza, a bag of chips, a microwave brownie modified to be nearly 700 calories, and three regular cokes. About two months ago, I ate a whole cake in three days with whipped cream. At the beginning of this month, I had 13 donuts in three days. I really like three days in case you couldn't tell. Oh my gosh, lol.

For me it totally depends on the time of the month honestly. The amount of food I can put away when I'm PMSing is unreal... could easily do 4000 calories if I didn't try to restraint myself. And some days I'll be full in 1200 calories. That's why I say that listening to your body is a recipe for disaster.

I'm hoping today is one of those 'full easily' day as my dear son put his alarm clock at 4am (what was I thinking to give a clock to my 7yo kids?) and I haven't been able to go back to sleep since. So I was hungry at 6am and made some big fluffy buttermilk chocolate chip pancakes I had been craving for weeks. I did manage to stop at 2 though, which is improvement, but I'm still at 630 calories and it's not even 7am. Still totally worth it. I foresee a big grilled chicken salad for lunch... and a nap. I hope.

And I'm about to get my second cup of coffee.

Confession - sometimes when I read about friends dating I get jealous because I really miss all the butterflies when you start falling in love. Sometimes I can't help wondering if I'm normal because I feel that I'd be happier if I didn't do long term relationships...

I'm with you. Sadly, I discovered this about myself a little too late.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Here are pictures of my fur babies. I am WAY behind on this, but I wanted to join in on the sharing party.

This is Owen. I fear he's not to return. It's been over 3 weeks now and haven't seen him. That makes me sad because he was my baby boy.

6enh80drb2ti.jpg

This is Lucy and Otis. Lucy is the big (for her breed, she's actually on the small side) Staffy, and Otis is the little one in the background.

qtlw994hg1gz.jpg

Aww your cat is so cute I hope he comes back! But I'm a dog person for sure and I love your doggies!!
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    This is more advice than a confession: Don't cry in your Goggles when you go swimming, tears sting a lot when they go back into your eyes.

Why were you crying I hear you ask? I weighed myself this morning. I weigh exactly the same amount as I weighed back in February. I'm beginning to think this is all a big waste of my time. I work out 6 hours a week and eat a 890 calorie deficit a day. I don't know what else to do...

I'm sorry this made you sad, but it's still a good thing! Without knowing the exacts about your calorie input and output, I'm going to suggest changing your focus. Don't focus on that number on the scale. You swim as your main exercise, correct? What is your current goal - time, laps? Whichever it is focus on improving that solely. Think like an athlete: they focus on the performance of their body and the shape will then follow.

Food wise, have you ever tried eliminating certain types of foods? Every person is different and must find what works for them but sometimes just because something doesn't necessarily bother you, you feel better and have more energy if it is eliminated. Examples being gluten, carbs, dairy, etc.
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    I'm scared of sounding a little bit silly here... but I wanted to feel really good about myself, so a few weeks back I ordered a corset. It came today and I put it on and I'm LOVING IT. I actually feel kind of sexy in this thing!! This is a little embarrassing... :lol:

Not silly or embarrassing! That's awesome!

How is your fur baby? Any news from the vet yet?

Thanks for asking, and I meant to update everyone yesterday. It is not a fatty growth, which means probably cancer. It will cost $500 - $800 to get it removed and biopsied. We love her, but that's a lot of money for us. Going to keep an eye on it, and if it gets bigger then we will have to have it removed. At this point it doesn't seem to be bothering her though.

Sounds like a good plan and thank you! I was concerned. Hope to hear news from @Italian_Buju soon.
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    slbale wrote: »
    I'm usually a lurker too lol I started logging every bite, it's really opened my eyes to my non stop snacking especially on treats brought in to work! I still eat what I want and log, but I really ask myself if those calories are really worth it now thanks to keeping myself accountable, some days totally worth it! Lol I've been at this 11 weeks and down 20 lbs, it's gotten a lot easier to pass up the treats at work! Totally not worth going back, I feel SO much better, and have to lose 20 more pounds two more times to get to my goal weight!
    Good job on your weight loss!

Congratulations to you, also! Sounds like you really figured this out and are committed. Welcome to the thread!
  • xLoveLikeWinterx
    xLoveLikeWinterx Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Sch614 wrote: »
    Last night after finishing dinner, my daughter brought her plate to the sink and said "good effort mom" and she thought she was being encouraging!

hahahahaha that sounds like when my 3 yr old said, "You're not a pretty princess mama but you're MY mama". (He was watching Super Why with a princess on the episode). I was like, "um...gee thanks?"
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    peleroja wrote: »
    I used to break spaghetti into 3 when my kids were little. I still break it in half. I rarely order it in a restaurant because I don't like the looong strands.

I also never order ribs. I hate getting my hands dirty, even if it's because of delicious ribs.

I've never been a fan of spaghetti. I mean it's ok but def not something I would ever order when dining out. Maybe I haven't had GOOD spaghetti. But then again, I am not a saucy guy so I tend to like more noodle than sauce. And a noodle is just a noodle, correct?

I crush ribs without second thought. I do however go through a TON of wet naps cuz I hate that sticky feeling on my hands and face.

What??? Pretty sure your profile pic says otherwise! Haha. Those scrawny arms in the picture make me laugh every time.

LMAO touché... I am also not a fan of mayo. Stupid skinny arm child proof tops (They ARE child proof, right?) :p

Aren't all jars?? I used to have this small rubber gripper thing that I used constantly to open jars. It mysteriously disappeared from my kitchen. I didn't lose it. Husband is retired and spends way more time in the kitchen than I do, so naturally I blamed him. I throw a new temper tantrum now every time I cannot open a jar and my gripper is no where to be found. Never can remember to buy another one at the store! Simple solution, but temper tantrums are much more fun.

Just tap/bang the edge of the jar (the metal part) all the way around on the countertop and the jar will open easily. It breaks the seal so it's suddenly really easy. It saved my life as a bartender constantly with the pickled asparagus/green beans and olive jars because I'm a shrimpy little girl with weak everything.

You can also use the tip of a butter knife or spoon just under the lid..you'll actually hear the seal pop/air let out. Works great!

What she said! My daddy made sure I didn't need no man. :)

Agreed, however, *I* am the one that made sure I don't need a man to do things for me! Hence, the temper tantrums and resorting to other methods. I refuse to ask my husband to do it. I'll figure it out myself, thankyouverymuch!

It was definitely me, but my daddy instilled it in me, too.
    He used to tell my sister and I to get educated, get a career and never rely on a man to take care of us.
    I took it a step further. I never ask for help with anything. Ever.

Moving furniture? No thanks, I can do it myself.
    Opening a jar? Yeah, right, I got this.
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »

6enh80drb2ti.jpg

qtlw994hg1gz.jpg

Awww, they're all so cute but I love big dogs so can I have Lucy?

ETA: I love their names and I'm really sorry about Owen

You'd have to fight (physically more than likely) my husband for her. That's his baby and he was heartbroken when she ran away a few years ago. That's a long story and she didn't run away on purpose. Anyway, NO, you can't have Lucy. Although, you're more than welcome to come and visit her. :smile:

Edited because sometimes reading and typing is hard.

Deal, I'll bring my Hannah :) she's my profile pic
  • MoHousdon
    edited May 2015
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »

6enh80drb2ti.jpg

qtlw994hg1gz.jpg

Aww your cat is so cute I hope he comes back! But I'm a dog person for sure and I love your doggies!!

Thanks! I love Owen's little tuxedo.

I love Lucy, but I could seriously take or leave Otis. He's kind of jerk. Not all the time, but usually. It's a good thing he's so darn cute. My daughter is so funny with him. She's started doing the counting thing that parents do with children where she'll count to 3 if he's being naughty or not listening, and she gets to 3 before he listens, she gives him a spanking. It's a very cute thing to watch. It's also REALLY annoying sometimes when she just keeps counting to 3 instead of just getting up to grab him. I am curious to see what kind of parent she'll be.

• tulips_and_tea
    Options
    I have an NSV followed by a confession.

This past Saturday I tried on a pair of American Eagle jeans. One size below the current size I wear (which are falling off and baggy) and the size below THAT as a 'just for *kitten*' sort of thing. I'm in a size 4 now, the 2 was too big, and the 0 fit great!

Confession: I'm really pumped about it. But no one else really is. :confused: But it's okay, I know they're just concerned. But man, I went from growing out of a size 18 to a size 0. Madness.

And I like American Eagle because I have no *kitten* and their jeans don't droop back there. lol.

Yes, your family is just concerned. I want to be excited for you, but also concerned since I know kind of what's going on with you. Be healthy! (Hugs)

Yes, it's a matter of health right now. Your transformation is absolutely astonishing and you should celebrate it! But, don't let it take over your life. Now is the time to nurture the body that just went through that drastic shift.

And while it can be satisfying to fit in a size 0 or 2 it's also frustrating because finding well-fitting pants and shorts and skirts is tough.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    Is it bad that I feel the need to look better than my boyfriends ex?
    On top of that I just want to be confident in myself and feel comfortable in my own skin.

I'm behind so I don't know if this was addressed already, but no, I don't think it's bad. You know he traded up, you want everyone to see he traded up :wink: But definitely work more on your own confidence. He must think you're pretty great as you are now though, since he's with you and not the ex.
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    I'm scared of sounding a little bit silly here... but I wanted to feel really good about myself, so a few weeks back I ordered a corset. It came today and I put it on and I'm LOVING IT. I actually feel kind of sexy in this thing!! This is a little embarrassing... :lol:

Not silly or embarrassing! That's awesome!

How is your fur baby? Any news from the vet yet?

Thanks for asking, and I meant to update everyone yesterday. It is not a fatty growth, which means probably cancer. It will cost $500 - $800 to get it removed and biopsied. We love her, but that's a lot of money for us. Going to keep an eye on it, and if it gets bigger then we will have to have it removed. At this point it doesn't seem to be bothering her though.

Sounds like a good plan and thank you! I was concerned. Hope to hear news from @Italian_Buju soon.

I've been curious about her too. Hope everything's okay.