Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    I'm scared of sounding a little bit silly here... but I wanted to feel really good about myself, so a few weeks back I ordered a corset. It came today and I put it on and I'm LOVING IT. I actually feel kind of sexy in this thing!! This is a little embarrassing... :lol:

Not silly or embarrassing! That's awesome!

How is your fur baby? Any news from the vet yet?

Thanks for asking, and I meant to update everyone yesterday. It is not a fatty growth, which means probably cancer. It will cost $500 - $800 to get it removed and biopsied. We love her, but that's a lot of money for us. Going to keep an eye on it, and if it gets bigger then we will have to have it removed. At this point it doesn't seem to be bothering her though.
  • slbale
    slbale Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm usually a lurker too lol I started logging every bite, it's really opened my eyes to my non stop snacking especially on treats brought in to work! I still eat what I want and log, but I really ask myself if those calories are really worth it now thanks to keeping myself accountable, some days totally worth it! Lol I've been at this 11 weeks and down 20 lbs, it's gotten a lot easier to pass up the treats at work! Totally not worth going back, I feel SO much better, and have to lose 20 more pounds two more times to get to my goal weight!
    Good job on your weight loss!
  • xLoveLikeWinterx
    xLoveLikeWinterx Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    This is more advice than a confession: Don't cry in your Goggles when you go swimming, tears sting a lot when they go back into your eyes.

Why were you crying I hear you ask? I weighed myself this morning. I weigh exactly the same amount as I weighed back in February. I'm beginning to think this is all a big waste of my time. I work out 6 hours a week and eat a 890 calorie deficit a day. I don't know what else to do...

Awww *hugs* I'm sorry; I know the defeated feeling. I've had the "Oh GOD do I have to eat that for dinner?! I'm sick of doing this!" feeling. Especially when it feels futile.

Maybe eat at maintenance for a bit, give yourself a break? Just for the mental aspect of it, at least.
  • kellienw335
    Options
    My anti aging secret is just living in England, where it's normally cloudy or rainy. And spending daylight hours in the office. I rarely wear sunscreen unless I'm abroad. Maybe the two freak hot days per year that happen to fall on the weekend...

Ditto to that! I really wish we would get some decent weather.

I am guilty of using sunbeds though but I try not to overdo it. I just love how much better I feel with a tan. It makes me feel slimmer too.

Yes! This is terrible, but a friend of mine always says something like, 'fried bacon looks better than raw bacon'.

I understand the dangers, and you all made great points against tanning beds. It just makes me feel better about myself.
  • xLoveLikeWinterx
    Options
    Fat_Lassie wrote: »
    I once stopped in the middle of P90X to eat a burrito.

You I like. You can stay here with us :D
  • kellienw335
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    brandi9172 wrote: »
    I confess that most of the threads in the Chit - Chat section drive me absolutely bonkers. "Would you kiss the person above" "Compliment the person above" Blah blah blah. I guess because it's blatant compliment fishing maybe...or perhaps because there are a ton of married/partnered people out there flirting and being inappropriate with other people. I don't know...but it grosses me out. So I try not to look at even the titles...and I never click in. Did it once...won't make that mistake again, lol. :dizzy:

I hear ya! I'm single and I've honestly never been to that thread! Seriously search my name you won't find it! Not a fan, I'm here for my health not to find a date :)

You're not single!

I always see those and think it's gross.
  • AlciaMode
    AlciaMode Posts: 421 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I am officially at my goal weight as of today. I think that I would like to try putting on muscle and getting back up about 5-8 lbs.

You are amazing! I am so jealous
  • xLoveLikeWinterx
    Options
    So I have a scale victory and a NSV for today. I’m officially down 10 lbs as of this morning (woot!), and I do eat more than my journal says (promise!), I just don’t log at home at night. I’m in the “clothes starting to get loose, but not down a size” situation.
    My NSV- my almost-9-month old finally sat up by himself for a few minutes last night. The pediatrician was starting to mention physical therapy for him and we were getting nervous, but now he’s starting to sit on his own (yay! So proud of him!)
  • AlciaMode
    AlciaMode Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    Please help me settle a debate.

What is a normal number of eggs for one person to consumer in a week? Let's imagine this person eats meat, but not necessarily every day, and not big portions of it. This person happily consume plenty of wholegrains, fruit and veg, dairy (and too much sugar but never mind that).

So normal number of eggs in a week?

I'd ask in the normal forums, but I don't want my face ripped off by the 'eat all the protein carbs are evil' mob. (Not having a dig at you low-carbers, just at the way some people harp on about it!)

Two a day is a perfectly normal amount of eggs to eat. Or so my sister has told me and she is a know it all.
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    After spinning wheels last week I recorded a loss today. My feed says I've lost 26 lbs this year but it's really more like 40+ because I never recorded the winter gain. lol
    festerw wrote: »
    I hit my goal weight of 190 about 8lbs ago but altered it to 175 since I'm still a little flabby, the confession is I haven't told my wife since that's less than her current weight and she's losing too just not as fast.

You sir, are a smart man.
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    My boyfriend isn't attracted to me anymore because I've gained weight.....I Haven't had sex in five years and it has honestly given me a bit of depression!!!! :'(

Soooo....I looked at your original post and your picture. This is the first time I will ever ask but are you a troll? You are gorgeous. And clearly have a great body. So.... Are you coming back or are you really having this issue? If so dump him. Cause you are beautiful You could get someone new in a heartbeat. End of story.

This is pretty much what I assumed.
    Lefty1290 wrote: »
    Today, I was at my neighborhood park/playground shooting hoops when a group of teenagers came in the court. I stayed way longer than I would have otherwise to prove I wasn't a wuss.

Haha nice. Did ya break the ankles on any of the young bucks?

• kellienw335
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    It's a great movie.

I'm super picky about sunscreen.. read too many stories about how toxic they can be.

www.ewg.org/2015sunscreen/ was an eye opener.

Wow, I've never really heard/thought about it being toxic...thanks for the info. I don't really use it too often (I know I should). I'm usually an indoor person. I do try to use it when I know I'll be outside for a while (like my birthday bbq or a concert etc).

I agree I ever really thought about it either. I guess I can feel better about never actually using it. Of course the whopping skin cancer on my arm I haven't taken care of may not be any better....

Please get it looked at! When we put things like that off, it ends up being worse in the long run.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    So I have a scale victory and a NSV for today. I’m officially down 10 lbs as of this morning (woot!), and I do eat more than my journal says (promise!), I just don’t log at home at night. I’m in the “clothes starting to get loose, but not down a size” situation.
    My NSV- my almost-9-month old finally sat up by himself for a few minutes last night. The pediatrician was starting to mention physical therapy for him and we were getting nervous, but now he’s starting to sit on his own (yay! So proud of him!)

Awesome!
  • kellienw335
    Options
    festerw wrote: »
    I hit my goal weight of 190 about 8lbs ago but altered it to 175 since I'm still a little flabby, the confession is I haven't told my wife since that's less than her current weight and she's losing too just not as fast.

That's very considerate of you! Probably not something she wants to hear!
  • m1xm0d3
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    Confession... I am about to eat almost a whole head of cooked cabbage sans any oil or fatty stuffs. Just a quick spray of Pam before I threw it in the pan. At least I'll be full afterwards.

Mmm, throw in some mustard seed, lemon, and coriander that sounds like a dish I make from an Indian food cookbook (some other ingredients too, but you get the idea.) Yum.

Interesting, I may have to try that next time. (I only ate about 2/3 of the head, I couldn't muster anymore)
  • m1xm0d3
    Options
    This is more advice than a confession: Don't cry in your Goggles when you go swimming, tears sting a lot when they go back into your eyes.

Why were you crying I hear you ask? I weighed myself this morning. I weigh exactly the same amount as I weighed back in February. I'm beginning to think this is all a big waste of my time. I work out 6 hours a week and eat a 890 calorie deficit a day. I don't know what else to do...

Start by ditching the scale for a month and take accurate measurements instead.

For about 2 weeks I hovered around the same 3 lbs but in those same 2 weeks, I tried on a work shirt (button up) and it was barely too snug. I tried it on yesterday and it barely fit... BUT IT FIT. Scale numbers aren't everything. :)

• m1xm0d3
    Options
    Fat_Lassie wrote: »
    I once stopped in the middle of P90X to eat a burrito.

Seriously? C'mon maaaaayne! LOL That's hilarious. (sorry) At least ya metabolized the food!

• Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    sst036 wrote: »

While I've never cried with goggles on, I feel you. My body has settled into a weight range of 70-72kg (154-158lbs) despite trying 1200 cals, low carb, low cal and low carb, huge exercise deficit, cardio only, etc. It was ridiculous and I wasn't making myself happy while doing or getting the results that would've made it worth it (I actually cried one night looking at the bowl of protein dense stir fry). So I stopped, switched up and decided to focus on muscle building and losing body fat percentage. I still eat at a slight deficit and watch my macros, but the focus is less on that and more on my workouts being fuelled. It has worked - although still slowly - I'm down 6% in 12 weeks and my muscles are finally popping even when I'm not flexing.

Of course, muscles didn't help today when my skirt started slipping down my butt while I was crossing a busy intersection. Silk shirts and too big skirts don't work! I figured I was only down a couple of pounds so it should fit but nope. So in my mind, moving focus has resulted in a physical change and that's what I'm really after.

Maybe you could thinking about eating at maintenance for a month to give yourself a break?

At this moment in time I would love to settle at your weight, I don't think I have been that weight for 15 years. At 213.8lbs I don't particularly feel like settling, but that seems to be what is happening. All I want to do is get back into onederland (under 200lbs) but that is a stone away and it just ain't happening.

And I feel like I am eating at maintenance, so by eating at MFP's maintenance will be too much.
  • kellienw335
    Options
    I have an NSV followed by a confession.

This past Saturday I tried on a pair of American Eagle jeans. One size below the current size I wear (which are falling off and baggy) and the size below THAT as a 'just for *kitten*' sort of thing. I'm in a size 4 now, the 2 was too big, and the 0 fit great!

Confession: I'm really pumped about it. But no one else really is. :confused: But it's okay, I know they're just concerned. But man, I went from growing out of a size 18 to a size 0. Madness.

And I like American Eagle because I have no *kitten* and their jeans don't droop back there. lol.

Yes, your family is just concerned. I want to be excited for you, but also concerned since I know kind of what's going on with you. Be healthy! (Hugs)
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    I confess that most of the threads in the Chit - Chat section drive me absolutely bonkers. "Would you kiss the person above" "Compliment the person above" Blah blah blah. I guess because it's blatant compliment fishing maybe...or perhaps because there are a ton of married/partnered people out there flirting and being inappropriate with other people. I don't know...but it grosses me out. So I try not to look at even the titles...and I never click in. Did it once...won't make that mistake again, lol. :dizzy:

I hear ya! I'm single and I've honestly never been to that thread! Seriously search my name you won't find it! Not a fan, I'm here for my health not to find a date :)

Well now you are not really single...

But I am and I can't stand when people start all the overt flirting and innuendo. I leave those threads immediately. That is not why I am here. If I wanted that I would go to match.com.

I tried match.com once and they literally refused my membership! I got a msg that said they didn't have anyone that would match my profile/questionnaire info, and to try again at a later date!

It's hysterical and depressing all at once!

I did match for about 9 months and screened very carefully. My profile was designed to dissuade most men from contacting me because I really know that "most" men are wrong for me. I met a number of really nice, good (at least from our limited getting to know each other) men who were really looking for a relationship. For whatever reason it didn't click for me with even those I screened carefully. I took some time off and further tuned my profile to be VERY specific. It gave the potential "match" a good picture of my personality, my "requirements" etc. It was interesting and funny -- but definitely specific. I went on match and okcupid. It was an overwhelming response. My profile was (I guess, I only saw the men's profiles) so different than what men were used to seeing that I got all kinds of responses. I had been very true to me and my quirky personality and I posted pictures that were very true of me, no make up, working out, a little makeup in a dress, etc. I didn't want to glam it up when I don't glam it up every day. My best guy friend hated my profile but I was not looking to attract him. :wink: My (now) SO messaged me on okcupid. We went on a lunch date -- it lasted 1 1/2 hours and we laughed and had so much fun. I was about to go on first dates with four other men. He had just gone on first dates with two other women. We went on a second date and then a third. The fourth date he asked me to be exclusive. He is a great, sweet, fun man. We are a very good match so far (about 1.25 years).... so it is possible to meet some good people on these sites with a lot of screening and knowing what you want / what you want to avoid, and being patient - there is no deadline. With the busy life I lead and the busy life my SO leads it had to be an internet site that brought us together. It is very unlikely our paths would have otherwise crossed.

One point here (that might be buried) is to be yourself and know yourself and love yourself. It is reasonably easy to get a date but it is more of a challenge to find a person who is aligned with your lifestyle and values that you can mutually evaluate and get to know. You have many wonderful qualities. Own what you are awesome at and I do believe that if you want someone that you will very likely meet a great person for you! More importantly, you WON'T meet and stay with the person who is wrong for you. :smiley:

My profile (in case anyone is curious)
    Started with a short story about me almost drowning while white water rafting. (This was to give some insight into me without me listing things outright.)
    Listed the three qualities I most wanted in a man (integrity, kind-of handsome, living aligned with his values and moral standards)
    A list of the top ten reasons I'm a great girlfriend -- I started with 10 and worked down to #2. They had to ask to get the #1 reason. :wink:

that's amazing! i love your confidence. that's always been a weak point for me.

i was able to get on okcupid! it's where i met my previous SO of the past five years. had a few other dates prior to that, but it was really difficult for me to be able to wade through the BS. oddly enough for as cynical as i am, i want to believe ppl are being honest and real...which is very very often not the case.
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »

Well now you are not really single...

But I am and I can't stand when people start all the overt flirting and innuendo. I leave those threads immediately. That is not why I am here. If I wanted that I would go to match.com.

I tried match.com once and they literally refused my membership! I got a msg that said they didn't have anyone that would match my profile/questionnaire info, and to try again at a later date!

It's hysterical and depressing all at once!

Hmm. I never did it. But seriously? Then maybe you need to get more real in life? Or did you just make yourself as out there as you could? Which may have cut your options?

it was quite a few years ago, so maybe i just need to give it another try. i did think i was just being honest for myself at the time though!