Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    Fat_Lassie wrote: »
    I once stopped in the middle of P90X to eat a burrito.

haha, this made me laugh out loud at my desk. Thanks a lot :smiley:
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I'm 93% certain that were it not for the size of my butt, I could go down another pants size already. I'm wearing jeans in the smallest size currently in my closet for the first time since they were washed (so no stretching), and they're loose.
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    Please help me settle a debate.

What is a normal number of eggs for one person to consumer in a week? Let's imagine this person eats meat, but not necessarily every day, and not big portions of it. This person happily consume plenty of wholegrains, fruit and veg, dairy (and too much sugar but never mind that).

So normal number of eggs in a week?

I'd ask in the normal forums, but I don't want my face ripped off by the 'eat all the protein carbs are evil' mob. (Not having a dig at you low-carbers, just at the way some people harp on about it!)

I eat about a dozen a week, I think I'm (relatively) normal. However, I'm on the short side, so I'd imagine someone bigger/taller than me could definitely eat more and be considered normal.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    Please help me settle a debate.

What is a normal number of eggs for one person to consumer in a week? Let's imagine this person eats meat, but not necessarily every day, and not big portions of it. This person happily consume plenty of wholegrains, fruit and veg, dairy (and too much sugar but never mind that).

So normal number of eggs in a week?

I'd ask in the normal forums, but I don't want my face ripped off by the 'eat all the protein carbs are evil' mob. (Not having a dig at you low-carbers, just at the way some people harp on about it!)

Actually, what'll skew that number isn't LC vs regular, but lifters vs non-lifters. I know some of the guys out there go through 5-6 eggs a day. I'd say it's safe to ask out there, just phrase it as what's normal for a typical, non-bulking person.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Here are pictures of my fur babies. I am WAY behind on this, but I wanted to join in on the sharing party.

This is Owen. I fear he's not to return. It's been over 3 weeks now and haven't seen him. That makes me sad because he was my baby boy.

6enh80drb2ti.jpg

This is Lucy and Otis. Lucy is the big (for her breed, she's actually on the small side) Staffy, and Otis is the little one in the background.

qtlw994hg1gz.jpg

Awww, they're all so cute but I love big dogs so can I have Lucy?

ETA: I love their names and I'm really sorry about Owen

You'd have to fight (physically more than likely) my husband for her. That's his baby and he was heartbroken when she ran away a few years ago. That's a long story and she didn't run away on purpose. Anyway, NO, you can't have Lucy. Although, you're more than welcome to come and visit her. :smile:

Edited because sometimes reading and typing is hard.

Deal, I'll bring my Hannah :) she's my profile pic

And she's adorable! I also love big dogs. Grew up my whole life with them. I just don't think I'm a small dog person. The smallest I think I could go for my own dog would be a Frenchie. I love Frenchies.

• tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options
    Norahoefer wrote: »
    When i get on the elipitcal in my basement I have to cover up every clock in the room including the one on the machine and then I spend the entire time trying to figure out how long each song I hear is or how many minutes between commercial breaks on the food network show I'm watching and how many minutes I have left. I hate it.

When cardio becomes this much of a drudgery for me I know it is time to change it up. Honestly, losing weight and improving physical performance is as much mental as it is diet. I firmly believe that if you hate every minute on that machine then you won't reap many benefits.

Is it possible to do your elliptical just a couple times a week? Shorter duration, more intense intervals. Then get either workout DVDs or do body-weight exercises. I just think variety and using your body in other ways may help.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    Wow, 100 new posts! You guys be crazy...

Today's confession: It REALLY p*sses me off that you can't outwork a bad diet.

The last month, I've been logging everything as usual, breakfast, lunches & snacks have been on point, but after analyzing the data, noticed my avg cals per day have been quite a bit higher. Exercise burn has been at its usual levels, avg about 550 cals a day. I usually net about 11-1200 cals per day after exercise, but this last month it's been more like 1700. And not good calories either, a lot of crap at home after work. Chips, cake, cookies. Bad habit creeping back in, getting complacent, I've figured this out for years, blah blah blah.

End result? a 5 lb gain for May.

The fire has been lit.

I'll take you up on that. The last month I have barely been holding on with emotional eating. I am finally back on track and starting to train again. Time to get serious. We can do this!

what do you guys need to encourage you/kick your *kitten* to stay on track? We might be able to help...and by extension, help ourselves

I've committed to [</= 1,300 net daily] for the next month.

I was at [</= 1,500 net daily], but I was eating too much & trying to offset it with more exercise...but my metabolism is on to that & wasn't cooperating!

My diary gets pissy when I eat under 1,200, but for the next month, I can live with the red scolding.

I have no idea how you do it. I'd be hangry. Badly.
    Confession: I am on here so much because I hate my job. I work for a large company and feel totally undervalued and unappreciated. It's not the company though because in my last position here I was very happy. Need to start seriously looking for another job, but every time I do the task is so daunting and don't feel like I'm qualified for any of the positions posted. Really depressing!

Sorry. I've been there. Nothing worse for self esteem than a crappy job.
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    Norahoefer wrote: »
    When i get on the elipitcal in my basement I have to cover up every clock in the room including the one on the machine and then I spend the entire time trying to figure out how long each song I hear is or how many minutes between commercial breaks on the food network show I'm watching and how many minutes I have left. I hate it.

I hate the clock when doing cardio. MUST HIDE THEM ALL. What I do is set up my trainer in front of the TV and find something very entertaining to watch that's commercial free. Usually one of my comedies like It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia or Workaholics. Or a sports show like Ninja Warrior. Makes the time fly right on by.

Loving my gym since they added apps and Solitaire on the treadmill. Doing the best workouts ever and time flies by while I play and listen to my music. Love it. I wouldn't do it while running, but I can't run, so it's working out great.
    yex200 wrote: »
    I've relapsed in my eating disorder. I only went over 500 calories ingested once this week, and I refuse to log my exercise because I don't believe that I actually burned that much. I have a concussion, and I'm not supposed to work out, so I do it all in secret so no one notices. I also have started weighing myself at least twice a day, never content with the number.

Admitting is the first step. Hope you can get some help.
    Here are pictures of my fur babies. I am WAY behind on this, but I wanted to join in on the sharing party.

This is Owen. I fear he's not to return. It's been over 3 weeks now and haven't seen him. That makes me sad because he was my baby boy.

I hope he comes back :(
    MissLaaber wrote: »
    I have been dealing with the leg cramps from hell the past 3 days, I've been training for a half marathon but I've been pacing myself. I can't figure out what the hell is causing them, I want them gone! Lol
    ETA: I fail at forming sentences today guys.

Stretch. Potassium pills (and bananas). And get a foam roller. I had bad leg pain last week and did both and beat my personal best on the treadmill today (9.5% incline at 3.5 mph for an hour... was beat after that though).

Confession - I'm on my 4th cup of coffee. I don't think a nap is happening because I'm not tired enough for it... it will probably kick in around 5pm when I have to take the kids for swim lessons. I was craving some chocolate pudding and got a piece of dark chocolate, didn't help, so I ended up having a serving of Trutein chocolate pudding, which helped my craving but gosh it's just way too sweet. But at least it looks like it didn't send me on a massive carb craving spree for once, so I'll take it.

Only have 400 calories left and it's not even 1pm. But at least I'm not hungry. Considering going out for a walk as it's not too humid for once, but with my big workout this morning that might be overdoing it a little... so I might just be lazy and watch some X Files instead.

• ShibaEars
    Options
    So I have a scale victory and a NSV for today. I’m officially down 10 lbs as of this morning (woot!), and I do eat more than my journal says (promise!), I just don’t log at home at night. I’m in the “clothes starting to get loose, but not down a size” situation.
    My NSV- my almost-9-month old finally sat up by himself for a few minutes last night. The pediatrician was starting to mention physical therapy for him and we were getting nervous, but now he’s starting to sit on his own (yay! So proud of him!)

Congrats to both!
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    So I have a scale victory and a NSV for today. I’m officially down 10 lbs as of this morning (woot!), and I do eat more than my journal says (promise!), I just don’t log at home at night. I’m in the “clothes starting to get loose, but not down a size” situation.
    My NSV- my almost-9-month old finally sat up by himself for a few minutes last night. The pediatrician was starting to mention physical therapy for him and we were getting nervous, but now he’s starting to sit on his own (yay! So proud of him!)

Congrats to both!

Great news on both!
  • amyford25
    amyford25 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Big day in our house - my son had his high school graduation. I was a weeping, emotional wreck because it's been a long, hard battle for all of us. He has ADHD and mild Asperger's, but he's (hopefully!) graduating from the regular school program. It feels like a huge triumph!
    fvs1bfqbgirl.jpg

Great job! My stepson also has Asperger's and homework, especially math, was exhausting and sometimes even emotional. Trying to understand from him what was going on in the classroom was... challenging lol. When he graduated, we were all over the moon about it! Congratulations B)
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

6enh80drb2ti.jpg

This is Lucy and Otis. Lucy is the big (for her breed, she's actually on the small side) Staffy, and Otis is the little one in the background.

qtlw994hg1gz.jpg

You'd have to fight (physically more than likely) my husband for her. That's his baby and he was heartbroken when she ran away a few years ago. That's a long story and she didn't run away on purpose. Anyway, NO, you can't have Lucy. Although, you're more than welcome to come and visit her. :smile:

And she's adorable! I also love big dogs. Grew up my whole life with them. I just don't think I'm a small dog person. The smallest I think I could go for my own dog would be a Frenchie. I love Frenchies.

I totally want a Frenchie!!! So cute!
  • kingskid207
    kingskid207 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Ooci wrote: »
    Losing 40lb has done crazy things to my sex drive and my behaviour around handsome men. Can't go into details, but if there were a hell I'd burn!

OMG I laughed till I cried!!!! Hopefully when I lose my pregnancy weight my libido will become like this!! My husband would be THRILLED!!! Sooooo funny!
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    Ok, so I'm on my phone and I totally can't manage the quote/comment/not lose your place thing...

I'm also pretty drunk right now so I apologize in advance. like really, I usually abandon the website after I leave work (which I think benefits everyone), not sure how I got here now.... dang alerts!

I hauled butt on the treadmill today (tried running for the first time, lmfao, didn't make it far!) , but I still haven't made up for all my calories. And i'm still hungry! I just want to stuff my face, be drunk, and be thin! It's that too much to ask? lol

Btw: corsets are totally sexy

I don't think that's too much to ask. If you find some genie handing out that wish, send him my way.

all the local antique shops keep asking me to stop trying to shine their lamps....but what if i just haven't rubbed the RIGHT one yet?!?! ;)

Hahaha! That's great! Well, consistency is the key, so I think you best stick with it.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Fat_Lassie wrote: »
    I once stopped in the middle of P90X to eat a burrito.

haha, this made me laugh out loud at my desk. Thanks a lot :smiley:

Oh my god that was funny. :) I don't think Tony Horton would be down with that. (I think that is the name of the guy unless I am mixing my exercise dvds).
  • JPW1990
    Options
    festerw wrote: »
    I hit my goal weight of 190 about 8lbs ago but altered it to 175 since I'm still a little flabby, the confession is I haven't told my wife since that's less than her current weight and she's losing too just not as fast.

If I were her, I would not want to know that. I would have a hard time mentally if my husband weighed less than I did. When I am teetering at high weight, and my husband is in good shape, we are close and I hate it! He tells everyone that he outweighs me by 50 pounds, no matter what shape I am in (usually that is closer to 15 pounds). I love it when he does that, even though I know it's not true.

We are constantly back and forth, partly because of my legs, but also because I'm taller than he is. It bothers me less when I know absolutely it's fluid. When it's like now, though, where I'm still up in shirt sizes, that makes me grumpy. We can usually trade t-shirts back and forth, sometimes they're too tight on him, sometimes they're too tight on me, and that's my general gauge of who's "winning". He's definitely winning right now, but I'm catching up on him (kind of disturbingly fast this week, actually).
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options

6enh80drb2ti.jpg

qtlw994hg1gz.jpg

tpqxbxnydohh.jpg

I KNOW!!! I mean how freaking adorable is the this little pile of rolls and fur?! I already have a name picked for when I get him. Pierre. Cute, right?!

• kingskid207
    kingskid207 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »
    soloelixir wrote: »
    I resent thin people. I've been fat my whole life, and have no idea what it's like to be thin. I know I shouldn't resent them, but damn, when I see a thin girl complaining about how those jeans make her *kitten* look big, I want to slap her in the face.
    nellysen wrote: »
    Me too!!!!!! In fact it pisses me off. I think it is because I just WISH that the hunt fr the perfect jeans on a perfect body was my biggest issue. Maybe it is jealousy? But either way.... I feel the same!

This is just damn sad. SMH :noway:

Pardon my ignorance but, personally, I'm really and honestly confused by what society calls fat shaming: if a slim person complains or comments about the fit of their clothing, or just plains looks great in their clothes, why should someone of a different size feel any way about that? Why should anyone be phased in a negative way? Unless.....somewhere in their mind there's a teeny bit of jealousy, or it makes the "observer" keenly aware that they need to make chnges in their own lives....? I don't get it...
  • JPW1990
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    I used to break spaghetti into 3 when my kids were little. I still break it in half. I rarely order it in a restaurant because I don't like the looong strands.

I also never order ribs. I hate getting my hands dirty, even if it's because of delicious ribs.

I stopped eating meat 25 years ago because seeing raw meat grossed me out. I stopped eating anything you had to rip off a bone 35 years ago. Completely turns my stomach.

That's very similar to my explanation of how I eat: if it reminds me of what it was when it was alive, I don't eat it. Sometimes it's appearance, and other times (like pork) it's texture that puts me off.

I can force myself to cook it but I won't be able to eat the end result, having handled it.

But I can eat ground beef from time to time (bears no resemblance to dead cow, in my mind) or small pieces of meat like ham in pea soup or chicken bits in fried rice with no problem... just don't plop a steak on my plate.

I'll volunteer as tribute to eat your steak. Oh, and pork.

I accept, thank you! :)

You get my steak, roast, porkchops, bacon, ribs and chicken parts -- never been able to eat wings.

(Needless to say, anything with a bone in it immediately fails the "it used to be alive" test.)

And apparently my egg consumption isn't as high as I thought...

I know I've got you beat, but then, that's keto problems ;)
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

6enh80drb2ti.jpg

qtlw994hg1gz.jpg

tpqxbxnydohh.jpg

I KNOW!!! I mean how freaking adorable is the this little pile of rolls and fur?! I already have a name picked for when I get him. Pierre. Cute, right?!

Gimme one! I want a brindle, tho.
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    Sch614 wrote: »
    Last night after finishing dinner, my daughter brought her plate to the sink and said "good effort mom" and she thought she was being encouraging!

hahahahaha that sounds like when my 3 yr old said, "You're not a pretty princess mama but you're MY mama". (He was watching Super Why with a princess on the episode). I was like, "um...gee thanks?"

Mu son told me the other night that he likes to drive his cars on me because my bum is like a big mountain!