Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    Here are pictures of my fur babies. I am WAY behind on this, but I wanted to join in on the sharing party.

This is Owen. I fear he's not to return. It's been over 3 weeks now and haven't seen him. That makes me sad because he was my baby boy.

6enh80drb2ti.jpg

This is Lucy and Otis. Lucy is the big (for her breed, she's actually on the small side) Staffy, and Otis is the little one in the background.

qtlw994hg1gz.jpg

• MoHousdon
    Options
    I feel like I've really accomplished something in the morning when I finally catch up with this thread.

I'm sure my employer would beg to differ.

Likewise.

I don't want to be at work today. I'd much rather be at home recouping in my nice warm bed.

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    lbking94 wrote: »
    I found this thread last night after looking for posts to make myself feel better for once again thinking I could eat out of the carton of ice cream without over doing. Like I hadn't learned that lesson already. The first two pages made me laugh til I cried, I so related to playing games with a food log that only I see. I didn't realize I wasn't alone. Thank you. I will be returning often.

Welcome to our safe place!

We have cookie butter, Oreos and Poptarts, and Funyuns.

FTFY

Blech. I hate Funyuns. And where's my turtle cake @quiksylver296 ?

I told you! I ate it!

When did you say that? I don't think we can be friends anymore if you're just going to eat cake and rub it in my face and not in a good way either.

On my newsfeed, when you asked what turtle cake was. Not my fault, I didn't bake it. Someone brought it in and gave me a piece. You want me to share my ONE piece?!? (And I took a small piece, too, trying to maintain some sort of control.)

No, I guess not. I will just be over here wishing I'd had some turtle cake too. I will just drink my protein shake and pretend it's cake.

Didn't you post this once upon a time? :D

k5g0aeia3kas.png
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I have an nsv combined with a confession: yesterday I did finally go shopping for capris pants an spent the entire afternoon in the mall (I walked the length of it four times and got some decent exercise). I was pleasantry surprised that all the stores I went to had my size given that for past 4 years I was shopping in the plus size stores for pants (granted, I was not aware that a lot of stores actually carried up to a size 16-18 as the stores I shopped at in my early twenties when I was thinner never carried larger than a 12; I was to embarrassed with my self to even look - I guess tastes change a bit the older you get).

Anywho, when I told the store staff in several of the stores I needed a size 14 they asked me to try on a size 12. I knew they wouldn't fit but I tried them on anyways (I was right btw). The NSV = people looking at me think I am smaller than I am. The confession: I popped a button on one of the size 12 as I was trying to do them up!. I tried tying the button back on the capris as they wanted $75 (which is WAY too much money IMHO) but said screw it and just left. I thought it was pretty funny but it made me feel good to know that I don't look as big to others as I feel sometimes.

Sometimes though I wish I was more proportionate. I can now fit into medium sized shirts but I need such large bottoms in comparison. Dresses look so funny on me as they are either too big on top but fit in the middle or fit on top but too tight in the middle- stupid genetics.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    yex200 wrote: »
    I've relapsed in my eating disorder. I only went over 500 calories ingested once this week, and I refuse to log my exercise because I don't believe that I actually burned that much. I have a concussion, and I'm not supposed to work out, so I do it all in secret so no one notices. I also have started weighing myself at least twice a day, never content with the number.

Oh my, hugs to you! Sending you love and strength.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Someone is screaming "it's a go*d**n f***ing violation, right there!!!" at top volume in my office. It's a big office. I don't know what is going on, but someone is p!ssed off. LOL
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,453 Member
    Options
    I have an nsv combined with a confession: yesterday I did finally go shopping for capris pants an spent the entire afternoon in the mall (I walked the length of it four times and got some decent exercise). I was pleasantry surprised that all the stores I went to had my size given that for past 4 years I was shopping in the plus size stores for pants (granted, I was not aware that a lot of stores actually carried up to a size 16-18 as the stores I shopped at in my early twenties when I was thinner never carried larger than a 12; I was to embarrassed with my self to even look - I guess tastes change a bit the older you get).

Anywho, when I told the store staff in several of the stores I needed a size 14 they asked me to try on a size 12. I knew they wouldn't fit but I tried them on anyways (I was right btw). The NSV = people looking at me think I am smaller than I am. The confession: I popped a button on one of the size 12 as I was trying to do them up!. I tried tying the button back on the capris as they wanted $75 (which is WAY too much money IMHO) but said screw it and just left. I thought it was pretty funny but it made me feel good to know that I don't look as big to others as I feel sometimes.

Sometimes though I wish I was more proportionate. I can now fit into medium sized shirts but I need such large bottoms in comparison. Dresses look so funny on me as they are either too big on top but fit in the middle or fit on top but too tight in the middle- stupid genetics.

I have the opposite problem. My bottom half is shrinking, and I suffer from Noassatall, so jeans always seem to fall off me. However, the girls will probably keep me in a 2x shirt most of the time. I am hoping to get at least down to a large with weight loss. Here's hoping!!
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Here are pictures of my fur babies. I am WAY behind on this, but I wanted to join in on the sharing party.

This is Owen. I fear he's not to return. It's been over 3 weeks now and haven't seen him. That makes me sad because he was my baby boy.

6enh80drb2ti.jpg

This is Lucy and Otis. Lucy is the big (for her breed, she's actually on the small side) Staffy, and Otis is the little one in the background.

qtlw994hg1gz.jpg

Awww, they're all so cute but I love big dogs so can I have Lucy?

ETA: I love their names and I'm really sorry about Owen
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,711 Member
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    brandi9172 wrote: »
    I confess that most of the threads in the Chit - Chat section drive me absolutely bonkers. "Would you kiss the person above" "Compliment the person above" Blah blah blah. I guess because it's blatant compliment fishing maybe...or perhaps because there are a ton of married/partnered people out there flirting and being inappropriate with other people. I don't know...but it grosses me out. So I try not to look at even the titles...and I never click in. Did it once...won't make that mistake again, lol. :dizzy:

I hear ya! I'm single and I've honestly never been to that thread! Seriously search my name you won't find it! Not a fan, I'm here for my health not to find a date :)

Well now you are not really single...

But I am and I can't stand when people start all the overt flirting and innuendo. I leave those threads immediately. That is not why I am here. If I wanted that I would go to match.com.

I tried match.com once and they literally refused my membership! I got a msg that said they didn't have anyone that would match my profile/questionnaire info, and to try again at a later date!

It's hysterical and depressing all at once!

I think that's great! That means you are unique and not at all like all the others there lying about themselves and trying to become someone (falsely) just to attract someone else. Yeah, that's sure to last, right? No. I'm sorry because that was probably an upsetting experience, but I'm 100% sure you're better off that way!
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    I used to break spaghetti into 3 when my kids were little. I still break it in half. I rarely order it in a restaurant because I don't like the looong strands.

I also never order ribs. I hate getting my hands dirty, even if it's because of delicious ribs.

I've never been a fan of spaghetti. I mean it's ok but def not something I would ever order when dining out. Maybe I haven't had GOOD spaghetti. But then again, I am not a saucy guy so I tend to like more noodle than sauce. And a noodle is just a noodle, correct?

I crush ribs without second thought. I do however go through a TON of wet naps cuz I hate that sticky feeling on my hands and face.

What??? Pretty sure your profile pic says otherwise! Haha. Those scrawny arms in the picture make me laugh every time.

LMAO touché... I am also not a fan of mayo. Stupid skinny arm child proof tops (They ARE child proof, right?) :p

Aren't all jars?? I used to have this small rubber gripper thing that I used constantly to open jars. It mysteriously disappeared from my kitchen. I didn't lose it. Husband is retired and spends way more time in the kitchen than I do, so naturally I blamed him. I throw a new temper tantrum now every time I cannot open a jar and my gripper is no where to be found. Never can remember to buy another one at the store! Simple solution, but temper tantrums are much more fun.

In a pinch, a sandwich baggie will usually work. :)

Yes, thank you and also to @peleroja and @kelly_c_77. I have resorted to all of those tactics and they work, but I still wonder what happened to my gripper!

I still blame my husband. I'm at work, he's at home and he just called me a few minutes ago because when he took the milk out of the fridge earlier it was partially frozen. Wanted to know what setting to put the temperature dial on. Welp, we've had that SAME fridge for 13 years, shouldn't be that hard to figure out, right?
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    I confess that most of the threads in the Chit - Chat section drive me absolutely bonkers. "Would you kiss the person above" "Compliment the person above" Blah blah blah. I guess because it's blatant compliment fishing maybe...or perhaps because there are a ton of married/partnered people out there flirting and being inappropriate with other people. I don't know...but it grosses me out. So I try not to look at even the titles...and I never click in. Did it once...won't make that mistake again, lol. :dizzy:

I hear ya! I'm single and I've honestly never been to that thread! Seriously search my name you won't find it! Not a fan, I'm here for my health not to find a date :)

But I am and I can't stand when people start all the overt flirting and innuendo. I leave those threads immediately. That is not why I am here. If I wanted that I would go to match.com.

I tried match.com once and they literally refused my membership! I got a msg that said they didn't have anyone that would match my profile/questionnaire info, and to try again at a later date!

This happened to me with eHarmony. Talk about a massive waste of my time. They make you answer like a bajillion questions and then say, "Nope."
  • thepinkshoe
    thepinkshoe Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I ate a whole block of chocolate in one sitting today :( I then did 80 minutes on the exercise bike so I wouldn't completely ruin my day. Feel sick in the stomach now after all of that and lots of water.
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    Chaelaz wrote: »
    @JPW1990 I know it isn't rare. Have many a friends who upon getting divorced suddenly find themselves in the company of much younger company. I shake my head as a older guy, but honestly there is a LOT of draw to it. Mostly it can capture that feeling of fleeting youth. Ya know, Jerry Lee Lewis "Middle Aged Crazy, trying to prove he still can...".

I am pretty grounded, but who knows. Was just thinking out loud. No plans for divorce or younger women at this point. :)

I have to admit, this made me pretty sad. I hope I'm youthful enough to keep my man....

Your youth won't keep him. Staying independent, interesting, engaged and taking care of yourself will.

Again, I am single so maybe I shouldn't be giving advice but I am a good observer of life and people. And I read a lot. Too many people just let themselves go or get all wrapped up in their kids. You have to spend time on yourself and on your relationship.

I 100% agree! I think this is great advice and even from someone single because that doesn't mean you've never had relationships or friends/family without them either! That's still a lot of life experience single or married!

Absolutely! I agree completely with both of you.
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    festerw wrote: »
    I hit my goal weight of 190 about 8lbs ago but altered it to 175 since I'm still a little flabby, the confession is I haven't told my wife since that's less than her current weight and she's losing too just not as fast.

Congratulations! And very considerate of you to not tell her right now. Sometimes numbers like that can be more of a distraction than a help. Wishing her success as well!
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options

This happened to me with eHarmony. Talk about a massive waste of my time. They make you answer like a bajillion questions and then say, "Nope."

The rejection would make me laugh but the time wasted would put me in a rage. lol
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options

omg, i think it might have actually been eharmony and not match. yeah, there were a bajillion freakin questions! it was so many years ago, all i held on to was the rejection. lol
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    lbking94 wrote: »
    I found this thread last night after looking for posts to make myself feel better for once again thinking I could eat out of the carton of ice cream without over doing. Like I hadn't learned that lesson already. The first two pages made me laugh til I cried, I so related to playing games with a food log that only I see. I didn't realize I wasn't alone. Thank you. I will be returning often.

Welcome to our safe place!

We have cookie butter, Oreos and Poptarts, and Funyuns.

FTFY

Blech. I hate Funyuns. And where's my turtle cake @quiksylver296 ?

I told you! I ate it!

When did you say that? I don't think we can be friends anymore if you're just going to eat cake and rub it in my face and not in a good way either.

On my newsfeed, when you asked what turtle cake was. Not my fault, I didn't bake it. Someone brought it in and gave me a piece. You want me to share my ONE piece?!? (And I took a small piece, too, trying to maintain some sort of control.)

No, I guess not. I will just be over here wishing I'd had some turtle cake too. I will just drink my protein shake and pretend it's cake.

Didn't you post this once upon a time? :D

k5g0aeia3kas.png

I did. THIS. This is why we're friends. :smiley:

• MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I have been dealing with the leg cramps from hell the past 3 days, I've been training for a half marathon but I've been pacing myself. I can't figure out what the hell is causing them, I want them gone! Lol
    ETA: I fail at forming sentences today guys.
  • MoHousdon
    edited May 2015
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »

6enh80drb2ti.jpg

qtlw994hg1gz.jpg

Awww, they're all so cute but I love big dogs so can I have Lucy?

ETA: I love their names and I'm really sorry about Owen

You'd have to fight (physically more than likely) my husband for her. That's his baby and he was heartbroken when she ran away a few years ago. That's a long story and she didn't run away on purpose. Anyway, NO, you can't have Lucy. Although, you're more than welcome to come and visit her. :smile:

Edited because sometimes reading and typing is hard.

• Sch614
    Sch614 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Last night after finishing dinner, my daughter brought her plate to the sink and said "good effort mom" and she thought she was being encouraging!