Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• jenmarie72011
    jenmarie72011 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I feel like I have to look better than my boyfriends ex, who had recently lost weight, i know it's silly.
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    Confession... I am about to eat almost a whole head of cooked cabbage sans any oil or fatty stuffs. Just a quick spray of Pam before I threw it in the pan. At least I'll be full afterwards.

Mmm, throw in some mustard seed, lemon, and coriander that sounds like a dish I make from an Indian food cookbook (some other ingredients too, but you get the idea.) Yum.
  • jenmarie72011
    jenmarie72011 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Is it bad that I feel the need to look better than my boyfriends ex?
    On top of that I just want to be confident in myself and feel comfortable in my own skin.
  • cmmercado24
    cmmercado24 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm a vegetarian but I can't manage to lose weight. I stopped eating bread and I barely eat any protein
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    brandi9172 wrote: »
    I confess that most of the threads in the Chit - Chat section drive me absolutely bonkers. "Would you kiss the person above" "Compliment the person above" Blah blah blah. I guess because it's blatant compliment fishing maybe...or perhaps because there are a ton of married/partnered people out there flirting and being inappropriate with other people. I don't know...but it grosses me out. So I try not to look at even the titles...and I never click in. Did it once...won't make that mistake again, lol. :dizzy:

I hear ya! I'm single and I've honestly never been to that thread! Seriously search my name you won't find it! Not a fan, I'm here for my health not to find a date :)

Well now you are not really single...

But I am and I can't stand when people start all the overt flirting and innuendo. I leave those threads immediately. That is not why I am here. If I wanted that I would go to match.com.

Haha no technically I'm spoken for of course but there's no ring on my finger! (This doesn't mean I'd ever cross boundaries of course just saying I'm unmarried and there's no box to check "boyfriend" or in a relationship when it asks single, married, divorced, or widowed- so I check the single box every time)

Yeah, I find that one weird as so do I, and I've been with my boyfriend for 11 years.
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    I'm more than likely going to binge on movie theater popcorn tonight D:
    Morgaen73 wrote: »
    Very few people know I write erotica lol

Ooh I'm always interested in good erotica!

I'm catching up 500 odd posts, so way behind. Had a horrific migraine yesterday and ate like a pig, very shameful. And as I went to throw away the remaining doughnuts in the car park this morning (so my partners wouldn't see the box), I decided to eat them instead. Then this afternoon, going to pick up cereal pots for breakfast at work, I came across hot fudge sundae and s'mores poptarts. So I bought them. I blame this thread wholly and solely for the fact I ate 3 tarts. I threw the 4th out the window.

You can get the different flavours over here?? Hope you feel better soon.

Yes! I was resigned to not trying them (and therefore saving myself the calories) but if you have a B&M near you....they are in there.

• orangesmartie
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    I confess that most of the threads in the Chit - Chat section drive me absolutely bonkers. "Would you kiss the person above" "Compliment the person above" Blah blah blah. I guess because it's blatant compliment fishing maybe...or perhaps because there are a ton of married/partnered people out there flirting and being inappropriate with other people. I don't know...but it grosses me out. So I try not to look at even the titles...and I never click in. Did it once...won't make that mistake again, lol. :dizzy:

I hear ya! I'm single and I've honestly never been to that thread! Seriously search my name you won't find it! Not a fan, I'm here for my health not to find a date :)

But I am and I can't stand when people start all the overt flirting and innuendo. I leave those threads immediately. That is not why I am here. If I wanted that I would go to match.com.

I tried match.com once and they literally refused my membership! I got a msg that said they didn't have anyone that would match my profile/questionnaire info, and to try again at a later date!

It's hysterical and depressing all at once!

Now you have to tell us whats in your profile!
  • orangesmartie
    Options

Haha no technically I'm spoken for of course but there's no ring on my finger! (This doesn't mean I'd ever cross boundaries of course just saying I'm unmarried and there's no box to check "boyfriend" or in a relationship when it asks single, married, divorced, or widowed- so I check the single box every time)

I always have to tick the single box too. There is no box for my relationship status. It makes me sad.

• orangesmartie
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    Wow, 100 new posts! You guys be crazy...

Today's confession: It REALLY p*sses me off that you can't outwork a bad diet.

The last month, I've been logging everything as usual, breakfast, lunches & snacks have been on point, but after analyzing the data, noticed my avg cals per day have been quite a bit higher. Exercise burn has been at its usual levels, avg about 550 cals a day. I usually net about 11-1200 cals per day after exercise, but this last month it's been more like 1700. And not good calories either, a lot of crap at home after work. Chips, cake, cookies. Bad habit creeping back in, getting complacent, I've figured this out for years, blah blah blah.

End result? a 5 lb gain for May.

The fire has been lit.

I'll take you up on that. The last month I have barely been holding on with emotional eating. I am finally back on track and starting to train again. Time to get serious. We can do this!

what do you guys need to encourage you/kick your *kitten* to stay on track? We might be able to help...and by extension, help ourselves

• Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,406 Member
    Options
    This is more advice than a confession: Don't cry in your Goggles when you go swimming, tears sting a lot when they go back into your eyes.

Why were you crying I hear you ask? I weighed myself this morning. I weigh exactly the same amount as I weighed back in February. I'm beginning to think this is all a big waste of my time. I work out 6 hours a week and eat a 890 calorie deficit a day. I don't know what else to do...
  • orangesmartie
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    This is more advice than a confession: Don't cry in your Goggles when you go swimming, tears sting a lot when they go back into your eyes.

Why were you crying I hear you ask? I weighed myself this morning. I weigh exactly the same amount as I weighed back in February. I'm beginning to think this is all a big waste of my time. I work out 6 hours a week and eat a 890 calorie deficit a day. I don't know what else to do...

Hugs. Sounds wacky, but maybe eat a little bit more? change up your exercise routine?
  • emmy141
    emmy141 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Confession? This is my first time posting on the MFP message boards, but I lurk all the time!

Most days i'm in the red, my deal with myself is that I can eat whatever I like as long as I log it. But i've still managed to lose a stone in just over a month. I was a terrible binge eater/snacker before and it's taking time to get myself past that.
  • orangesmartie
    Options
    emmy141 wrote: »
    Confession? This is my first time posting on the MFP message boards, but I lurk all the time!

Most days i'm in the red, my deal with myself is that I can eat whatever I like as long as I log it. But i've still managed to lose a stone in just over a month. I was a terrible binge eater/snacker before and it's taking time to get myself past that.

Well done on de-lurking :) and welcome to the thread.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,406 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »

Hugs. Sounds wacky, but maybe eat a little bit more? change up your exercise routine?

I understand why you say this, but it terrifies me. I feel like I cant afford to do that even as an experiment because if I put weight on, I won't lose it.

It has taken me 2 hours to eat fruit and yogurt for breakfast because I really don't feel like eating...

Edit: I still haven't finished my breakfast yet and its 10.20, I started it at 08.30 when I got into work.
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    lbking94 wrote: »
    I found this thread last night after looking for posts to make myself feel better for once again thinking I could eat out of the carton of ice cream without over doing. Like I hadn't learned that lesson already. The first two pages made me laugh til I cried, I so related to playing games with a food log that only I see. I didn't realize I wasn't alone. Thank you. I will be returning often.

Welcome to our safe place!

We have cookie butter, Oreos and Poptarts, and Funyuns.

FTFY

Also Dr. Pepper and root beer by the case when zombie hunting.
  • CountessKitteh
    Options
    I'm scared of sounding a little bit silly here... but I wanted to feel really good about myself, so a few weeks back I ordered a corset. It came today and I put it on and I'm LOVING IT. I actually feel kind of sexy in this thing!! This is a little embarrassing... :lol:

That's not silly, that's AWESOME!
  • CountessKitteh
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Thanks, everyone. Everyone but @quiksylver296 :smiley:

Legitimately laughed out loud and drew attention to myself from the two people other that are here right now.
  • Fat_Lassie
    Fat_Lassie Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I once stopped in the middle of P90X to eat a burrito.
  • CountessKitteh
    edited May 2015
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    peleroja wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    I used to break spaghetti into 3 when my kids were little. I still break it in half. I rarely order it in a restaurant because I don't like the looong strands.

I also never order ribs. I hate getting my hands dirty, even if it's because of delicious ribs.

I've never been a fan of spaghetti. I mean it's ok but def not something I would ever order when dining out. Maybe I haven't had GOOD spaghetti. But then again, I am not a saucy guy so I tend to like more noodle than sauce. And a noodle is just a noodle, correct?

I crush ribs without second thought. I do however go through a TON of wet naps cuz I hate that sticky feeling on my hands and face.

What??? Pretty sure your profile pic says otherwise! Haha. Those scrawny arms in the picture make me laugh every time.

LMAO touché... I am also not a fan of mayo. Stupid skinny arm child proof tops (They ARE child proof, right?) :p

Aren't all jars?? I used to have this small rubber gripper thing that I used constantly to open jars. It mysteriously disappeared from my kitchen. I didn't lose it. Husband is retired and spends way more time in the kitchen than I do, so naturally I blamed him. I throw a new temper tantrum now every time I cannot open a jar and my gripper is no where to be found. Never can remember to buy another one at the store! Simple solution, but temper tantrums are much more fun.

Just tap/bang the edge of the jar (the metal part) all the way around on the countertop and the jar will open easily. It breaks the seal so it's suddenly really easy. It saved my life as a bartender constantly with the pickled asparagus/green beans and olive jars because I'm a shrimpy little girl with weak everything.

You can also use the tip of a butter knife or spoon just under the lid..you'll actually hear the seal pop/air let out. Works great!

What she said! My daddy made sure I didn't need no man. :)
  • CountessKitteh
    Options
    Fat_Lassie wrote: »
    I once stopped in the middle of P90X to eat a burrito.

It's possible that you're my hero.