Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,409 Member
    Options
    Confession: I'm drunk and I want ALL THE FOODS! After yesterday I'm letting my hair down, start fresh on Monday.
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    faithyang wrote: »
    faithyang wrote: »
    I have been overestimating the kcal of my coffee. I was assuming it contained 100 kcal but today I calculated everything in detail and it's just 40 kcal. Ugh 60 kcal of food missed :D

Don't you hate that! Food get in MAH belly! I also agree with what Franc has said about weighing a protein bar & finding out it has around 30-40 more calories than it should. Today I weighed my Quest bar & it weighed 70 grams instead of 60 which I am not going to complain since it's Quest & more Quest isn't a bad thing, but I can see how it can screw up someone's day if everything weighs more than what it should.

I confess that today I went to Wal-Mart to grab some groceries & was pleasantly surprised that they have started to carry a bit more healthy/organic/vegetarian meals. I bought a few Evol frozen meals I haven't tried before & around six Amy's frozen burritos (I wish they had Red's brand but oh well). I also bought some more diet soda since I can't live without my Diet Mountain Dew. Oh Diet Mountain Dew how I love you so. I bought another package of Oreos not that I need anymore since I bought the new S'Mores, Mega Stuf, & Reese's Peanut Butter ones on Sunday. This time I got the Lemon Oreos & was surprised that they actually have a pleasant lemon taste. To round out the shopping trip I got Breyer's Golden Oreo ice cream (I haven't had that one in ages) & their Raspberry Cheesecake flavor. For those that are lactose intolerant I noticed my local Wal-Mart has the new Silk Cashew ice cream flavors & some of the flavors seem pretty good. If they would've had the Snickerdoodle one I would've bought that too.

http://www.onsecondscoop.com/2015/05/so-delicious-cashew-milk-frozen-desserts.html

OMG. Don't even get me started on Walmart. When I visited the US for a short stint I had the distinct pleasure/nightmare (subjective) of going to Walmart and a couple of other popular department/supermarket chains. I was blown away by:

1. The size of US portions
    2. The size of US supermarkets
    3. The size of US products
    4. The price --> THE STUFF IS SO CHEAP

It makes perfect sense why losing weight in the US is so hard! Huge, massive azz portions + cheap prices = too easy to overconsume, difficult to maintain portion/self-control as we tend to eyeball things!

Not to mention the availability of food, pastries, sugary stuff, junk - everywhere! In pharmacies (it boggles my mind how a 'health' place can hawk junk food and cigarettes), in gas stations, vending machines filled with junk food and sugary drinks in schools, cheap and available gourmet and restaurant/cafe food everywhere in large portions...buffets everywhere for cheap.

I ended up gaining 2kg, and a noticeable paunch around my waist despite making the effort to exercise 5 times a day!

I found it so hard to not buy 10 varieties of Oreos ('reduced fat' oreos and 'sugar-free' chocolates were the laughs of the week for me! :smiley: ) in one visit, and omg the varety of Pringles, chips and ice creams for cheap + the size of them...crazy! I ended up hoarding so. much. food. But I couldn't bring myself to finish them all. I think I just ended up finishing a can of Pringles together with my SO.

To give you an example of what I mean by cheap: Where I live a Ben & Jerry's pint is US$12-13. When I was in the US it was between US$3-5.

Yikes $12-13 for Ben & Jerry's! That's nuts! I paid that for Jeni's ice cream online (a gourmet ice cream based out of Ohio). I do have to agree that at times it's overwhelming with how many selections we have of certain food items. Yesterday I bought around 5-6 different cereals I never tried & I would estimate there were at least 50-100 or more different kinds in that aisle yesterday. Do you have any stores near you that sell foods that are more popular in America/Canada?

I've heard people have found ice cream recipes online that taste like Jeni's & I would imagine they have some that you could replicate for Ben & Jerry's.

I confess that I work at a Wal-Mart & love when we have foreign customers come in & get excited to shop there. I had a man that was from the Netherlands that said his kids were mad that they couldn't come to the US & visit Wal-Mart.

The one store I don't have near me that I wish I did is Trader Joe's.

Nope! If I want to get American/Canadian foods its either a very limited selection at specialty shops aside from the limited popular range you get everywhere else in the world - or you can get it online at an inflated price.

LOL I get the same jitters when shopping at Walmart - so much to buy! I do like Trader Joe's as well! They have some really interesting products and a great ready-to-eat range! :)

Omg, I think if I found a B&J recipe online I'd end up gaining 40 pounds from mass 'manufacturing' ice cream at home!

I have a B&J cherry garcia recipe.....

• crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,453 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    You kids and your newfangled low rise jeans. In my day, we wore these, and we liked them:

mYSmKoyPaGjfS3m0GbQHADA.jpg

x200-q90.jpg

il_570xN.650929487_2xry.jpg

OMG! I remember wearing those......dating myself too much??
  • JayandMaddie
    JayandMaddie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I used to always burn my toast because I was told it has less calories - I hate burnt toast.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Or these?
    6kdip16r3apc.jpg

Actually, that's a little late for me. I spent my teens attempting to look like Bananarama.
    myt02k1a4x6x.jpg
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    You kids and your newfangled low rise jeans. In my day, we wore these, and we liked them:

mYSmKoyPaGjfS3m0GbQHADA.jpg

x200-q90.jpg

il_570xN.650929487_2xry.jpg

OMG! I remember wearing those......dating myself too much??

We're not old, we're just well seasoned (or some other desperate meme from facebook).
    Mine had pinstripe lining, so the outside was denim, and the flaps were blue and white railroad engineer stripe.
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    Question here: What does 'thick' mean, in the context of body type? Is it just a different way of saying large or heavy, or what my mother would call a 'big build'? I imagine a girl with chunky, sturdy thighs and 'child-bearing hips'. Is that right?
    I like to keep up with the current lingo :)
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Question here: What does 'thick' mean, in the context of body type? Is it just a different way of saying large or heavy, or what my mother would call a 'big build'? I imagine a girl with chunky, sturdy thighs and 'child-bearing hips'. Is that right?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=THICK+GIRL
  • Tubbs216
    Options

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=THICK+GIRL
    Ahh, I was on the right track then.
    Thanks!
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,453 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    crosbylee wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    Chaelaz wrote: »
    ["That" older guy isn't as rare as you think.

@JPW1990 I know it isn't rare. Have many a friends who upon getting divorced suddenly find themselves in the company of much younger company. I shake my head as a older guy, but honestly there is a LOT of draw to it. Mostly it can capture that feeling of fleeting youth. Ya know, Jerry Lee Lewis "Middle Aged Crazy, trying to prove he still can...".

I am pretty grounded, but who knows. Was just thinking out loud. No plans for divorce or younger women at this point. :)

honestly, this is why at 34 i'm pretty sure i'm gonna be alone.
    totally not judging you (after my parents divorced my dad spent years dating younger gals and then five years ago married a girl that is ONE year older than ME. i judge him ;) )
    anytime i go out i can't help but feel like i don't belong. there are young, stunning girls EVERYwhere, i can't imagine anyone settling for my older, pudgy butt. plus i'm also pretty sarcastic and b*tchy. B)
    but seeing how i'm the reason my current relationship tanked, i really don't have anyone else to blame.
    it's still kinda disappointing though.

I would too!

Don't give up on finding someone, I'm only 29 and sometimes it's hard since most gals my age are married or in committed relationships but most the time I'm happy as I have the rest of my life to be with someone may as well enjoy my "singleness" now. You'll find someone!! You are very pretty!

Agree that you are very pretty, plus you're pretty funny going off your additions to this thread and you will meet someone. I met my husband when I was 35 and got married at 37. I seriously thought there was something wrong with me. I used to tell myself I was "fundamentally unloveable". Everyone else said it would happen for me, they were right and I was wrong.

I must be an anomaly. I was reading through the past few days posts and wondering how people can only come up with a couple of things positive to say about themselves. And, why would anybody think that because they don't have somebody that there is something wrong with them? I never really thought I had super high self esteem, but I've always known my worth.

I am speaking for myself, but... you look around and all you see is "happy" couples and people dating, and there... is... nothing... going on with you. And I know I shouldn't compare myself to others, but I see some people who are just awful human beings and they are with someone. And then it's like "how come they can find someone, and I can't?" So you start to think there is something wrong with yourself and you must be completely unattractive.

I used to feel that way. And I am going to completely honest here. I am not a pretty woman. I am ok. When I am thin I have a great body. Think Marilyn Monroe at her skinniest without the breasts (A cup all the way). But women not as attractive as me ( which takes a lot as I am not pretty), heavier than me, no where near as smart as me, or as accomplished get guys. But somewhere along the way I realized I am ok. I still get down when I gain weight. Hate I am not pretty. That I am the least attractive female in my family. But I am pretty amazing. And if others don't realize it it's their loss. I am not going to settle. And I am a lot older than you. I hope you find the love of your life. I still hope I do. But if I don't it's ok. I am still a pretty amazing person. I don't need a guy to prove that to me. And I never will. :)

That is a lot of self realization. I have not seen any photographs of you but I am sure you are not unattractive. You are right to be happy with yourself first. All other things fall into place in time. It took me a while to figure that out and now I would be ok if I were alone.

I have spent a lot of time thinking about it. :) and I am not ugly but I sure don't turn heads either. :) I love when people from the barn see me for the first time in work clothes or dressed up with makeup and my hair done . They never recognize me. I always think I look the same so I guess I may not have a totally rational view of myself. But thank God for makeup. :)

I wear scrubs all day at work so when I am in street clothes or dressed up people are surprised. I clean up pretty well :#
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    crfischer4 wrote: »
    I would just like to take a moment and send out a heartfelt thank you to whomever the wonderful person was who began this thread. I've read 10 of the 700+ pages and I've laughed so much that I cried. The bible says laughter is as good as medicine so I should be healthy for the rest of my life! I've also learned A LOT! Also, I would like to thank all the ladies and gents who have taken the time and mustered up the courage to post some of their confessions here; I wish you all the best as you (we) walk through our struggles. Remember: try to find the positive in the crappiest situations, make lemonade when you're dealt a lemon, and you have waaaaay more depth to you than you give yourself credit for! Be encouraged!!!

Well, when you get to page 718, WELCOME!

By the times she gets to 718 we will be on 1000+

I'm not even going to try and read back. My friend loves this thread so I'm going to try and pay more attention to it. You all crack me up.

Why, hello there! You've entered the best place on the Internet.

• MoHousdon
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I just now finished my protein shake. It was warm and gross and tasted nothing like chocolate cake @quiksylver296

Unless I have a huge dinner, I'm going to have a hard time hitting my calorie goal today. I'm just not feeling like eating. I just want to lie down under a blanket and not be working. I will force myself to walk the treadmill at lunch so at least I can get some kind of physical movement today.

side note, does anyone have any experience with Anthropologie? I found the CUTEST swimsuit on there yesterday but I didn't want to fork over the money if it's not good quality or has a crap return policy, etc.

bexu1ow7ilgn.jpg

What do you think? Now, I won't look anywhere close to what she looks like, but I think it's sexy pinuppy but still super modest and conservative.

It's a great suit and anytime I don't buy something I really want I regret it and spend $ on something I will always consider inferior. Go for it. I bought one dress at Anthropologie and it was well made and unique. Totally worth it.

I was totally going to go for it, but they are all sold out and won't have any until August. I may still order it depending on if I find anything else. I was very sad when I found out they were sold out.

• MoHousdon
    Options
    Here are pictures of my fur babies. I am WAY behind on this, but I wanted to join in on the sharing party.

This is Owen. I fear he's not to return. It's been over 3 weeks now and haven't seen him. That makes me sad because he was my baby boy.

This is Lucy and Otis. Lucy is the big (for her breed, she's actually on the small side) Staffy, and Otis is the little one in the background.

They are all so cute! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Owen magically returns. Maybe he's just out enjoying nice spring weather? Also, I really want to give Lucy a hug.

She would totally love that. She loves hugs.

• berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I was at the store and I picked up some wheat grass. A very nice lady started chatting to me about the health benefits and smoothies and what not... and I had to admit I bought it for my cats.
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    Yesterday I was at the store and I picked up some wheat grass. A very nice lady started chatting to me about the health benefits and smoothies and what not... and I had to admit I bought it for my cats.
    Haha! Brilliant - did she look at you like you were crazy?
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Haha! Brilliant - did she look at you like you were crazy?

A little! But then I told her it was really good for the cats too, and she seemed to be ok with it. I still think she was judging me for not eating it myself haha.
  • krissyreminisce
    krissyreminisce Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I'm on page 721 but I have an awesome NSV!!

I ran my third half marathon today and I came in 45/885 runners and 2nd in my age group!

I also ran my best time!
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    I got new glasses that I think are really super cute! I have been wearing them a week and not one single person has noticed. Sad face.

That sucks. I'm sad when people don't notice new glasses, or that I styled my hair different, or cut/colored my hair, or am dressed up more than usual. That makes me sound really vain, but I'm really not. I just know how you feel.

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    salembambi wrote: »
    I just walked by the local high school on my lunch break. Confession: so glad I'm years beyond high school. Question: did high school aged girls always look like hookers? The amazingly short shorts with crop tops/sport bras! Holy *kitten*-child, Batman!

are you serious ? calling young girls *kitten* and hookers?sexualizing them ...how nice

they can wear whatever they want just like any other girl or women

geezus

Was it the "absolutely" the "no" or the "judgment" that tripped you up?

Amen. And I agree about clothes, heck some things that 10yo girls wear make me shake my head sometimes.

Me too. And I seriously question their parents judgement.

Sometimes I wonder if their parents know how they're dressing. I've heard of kids wearing one outfit leaving home and changing at school.

I would do that in high school. Change in the back of the bus. But I don't remember it being that extreme. I had a catsuit that I would wear under ripped jeans (oh, the 90's!). My mom hated that catsuit. LOL

As well she should have. Really, a catsuit?! I think we all need to see pictures.

I don't think I have any. It was long-sleeved and flowered and zipped up the back. The cloth would show through the rips in the jeans. I thought I was pretty awesome in that. Wish I had the body I had then.

ETA: I feel like I should add this from Wikipedia: A catsuit is a close-fitting one-piece garment that covers the torso and the legs, and frequently the arms.[1] They are usually made from stretchable material, such as lycra, chiffon, spandex.

How did you use the restroom while wearing this thing?! This is why women go to restroom in pairs. :smiley:

Well, you didn't wait until the last minute, that's for sure!

I'm all about the jumpsuits right now and to pee, you have to undress to the waist and kind of sling it over one arm...let's just say I won't be wearing them to any festivals this year with any kind of port-o-potties because they are exceedingly difficult to keep off the floor.

Also, on the clothing note, I grew up in that part of the 90s where crop tops AND low-rise jeans were in style at the same time, so I'm just relieved that at least the trend now seems to be high-rise bottoms with the crop tops so you only see the upper half of the stomach. Way cuter.

I remember how bad I wanted a pair of low rise Levi's when their "belly button" commercials came out. Remember those?

Definitely! I also had a pair of super-low-rise jeans that had a LACE UP fly instead of a zipper or buttons...klassy klassy klassy. Looking back I cannot believe my mother let me out of the house in them as I think you could see my hipbones above the waistband. I definitely wore those to school though...

I had a pair of pants like that too. LOVED them. Christina Aguilera wore pants in a couple videos that laced up on the hips, and I wanted a pair so bad!

ETA: Although the fashion may be different, I suppose teenage girls are the same lol.

Right? I see them around and I'm mostly just relieved that there aren't visible g-strings like when I was their age. The leggings and crop tops are not nearly as offensive or revealing, thankfully. And I love that lots of very loose, flowy tops and dresses are trendy now. Way better than those painted-on ultra low-rise jeans and tube tops I loved...not to mention the platforms and huge wedge heels. I had a pair of six-inch wedge sandals that laced up my calves too about fifteen years ago...eesh. Ooh, and the huge chunky highlights on the flatironed hair.

I'm not even 30 yet so it's a little early for pearl-clutching but I seriously think teenagers today don't look nearly as, uh, trashy as my high school classmates did.

Oh ya, I forgot about that... I wasn't one to have my underwear hanging out, but there were lots of girls out like that. I guess I can no longer talk about "kids these days" when it comes to fashion choices :blush:

Oh ya, I forgot about that... I wasn't one to have my underwear hanging out, but there were lots of girls out like that. I guess I can no longer talk about "kids these days" when it comes to fashion choices :blush:

I remember girls used to pull their thong up on purpose so it was showing and the Head Teacher called a girls assembly in school to stop it from happening.

Ps. When I'm on this board I find myself constantly questioning if I should Americanize words cos a lot of you are from there. I've thought this about Mum/Mom, sunbeds/tanning beds, Head teacher/Principal, bum/butt, *kitten*/*kitten* and I'm sure there's more... B)

Jumper always got me. How does that equal sweater? LOL
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    I'm on page 721 but I have an awesome NSV!!

I ran my third half marathon today and I came in 45/885 runners and 2nd in my age group!

I also ran my best time!
    Fantastic - congratulations!!