Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Thanks @noaddedsugarx I look forward to all your new (to me) vocabulary!!

My exhubby is from Ireland - the words he used/uses:
    a kitchen cupboard is a press
    a trash can is a bin
    a gas station is a garage
    a sweater is a jumper
    the letter z is zed
    the number 3 is not three but tree
    one person can be addressed as "you" but more than one is "yous"

edit to add:
    sneakers or tennis shoes are runners

My SO is English and we always joke if we ever had kids and it was a boy we'd name him Zed because he doesn't understand the letter "Z" and I don't get how one letter can be a word!

Also one time we were facetiming and I told him I was going to have to borrow a pair of pants from my sister as it was colder out than I thought it would be and I had only packed shorts. He cracked up and I had no idea until he quit long enough to say "I knew what you meant when you said pants but I couldn't help laughing because here we use the word pants to mean underwear" I still get a kick out of that! It's just so foreign to me I had no idea!
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    Once every week or two I buy a dozen chocolate donuts, get to the office early & leave them in the break room anonymously, and get grim satisfaction out of watching the same people who say to me "I need to eat like you" chow down.

I'm laughing so hard at this while I'm thinking that I shouldn't be.....but I can't help it! Evil genius!!

@xMrBunglex I remember this confession. I remember that I REALLY wanted donuts after reading it too.

Still, even after 700+ pages, my favorite confession was one that a lady was worried that it wouldn't be too long before her husband used her excess tummy flab for a blanket. I still laugh every time I think about that.

How did I miss that? I don't remember that post. The reusing the gym clothes is what caused my addiction to this thread. Given how much I sweat that grossed me out but I was hooked to see what folks would say next.

Edited as MFP is acting wacky

___

I read every post, or think I do, but then I'll see someone quote something I missed entirely. Then I have to backtrack a bit to make sure I didn't miss anyone's post!

Bah, MFP is being wacky. This isn't a quote!

Whew it wasn't just me!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    And it's still happening. It must be that string. Abandoning it!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Here are pictures of my fur babies. I am WAY behind on this, but I wanted to join in on the sharing party.

This is Owen. I fear he's not to return. It's been over 3 weeks now and haven't seen him. That makes me sad because he was my baby boy.

6enh80drb2ti.jpg

This is Lucy and Otis. Lucy is the big (for her breed, she's actually on the small side) Staffy, and Otis is the little one in the background.

qtlw994hg1gz.jpg

So cute!
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    Thanks @noaddedsugarx I look forward to all your new (to me) vocabulary!!

My exhubby is from Ireland - the words he used/uses:
    a kitchen cupboard is a press
    a trash can is a bin
    a gas station is a garage
    a sweater is a jumper
    the letter z is zed
    the number 3 is not three but tree
    one person can be addressed as "you" but more than one is "yous"

edit to add:
    sneakers or tennis shoes are runners

I had a friend from Canada, and her husband was from Australia. She used zed for Z. And apparently pissed meant drunk, not angry. I remember being very confused one night when we all went out for drinks.

• noaddedsugarx
    noaddedsugarx Posts: 169 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »

I tried watching GS once, couldn't do it. I do watch Big Brother, though, so there's been a mix of them on the celeb version and BotS. I promise not to judge you based on Jay McCray either :p

me=us for that list?

I don't blame you it's quite disgraceful! Oh gosh I forgot about Jay McCray haha

Yeah but it's pronounced more 'is' than 'us' I think
  • Oberon21
    Options
    MissLaaber wrote: »
    I have been dealing with the leg cramps from hell the past 3 days, I've been training for a half marathon but I've been pacing myself. I can't figure out what the hell is causing them, I want them gone! Lol
    ETA: I fail at forming sentences today guys.

Someone else advised this too but I never had this problem until I went on a diet that eliminated bananas. In the last 3 miles of a marathon I was reduced to a total hobble. Awful. I know it was the potassium. I now put liquid potassium in my breakfast shake every day. Haven't had a problem since.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I have an nsv combined with a confession: yesterday I did finally go shopping for capris pants an spent the entire afternoon in the mall (I walked the length of it four times and got some decent exercise). I was pleasantry surprised that all the stores I went to had my size given that for past 4 years I was shopping in the plus size stores for pants (granted, I was not aware that a lot of stores actually carried up to a size 16-18 as the stores I shopped at in my early twenties when I was thinner never carried larger than a 12; I was to embarrassed with my self to even look - I guess tastes change a bit the older you get).

Anywho, when I told the store staff in several of the stores I needed a size 14 they asked me to try on a size 12. I knew they wouldn't fit but I tried them on anyways (I was right btw). The NSV = people looking at me think I am smaller than I am. The confession: I popped a button on one of the size 12 as I was trying to do them up!. I tried tying the button back on the capris as they wanted $75 (which is WAY too much money IMHO) but said screw it and just left. I thought it was pretty funny but it made me feel good to know that I don't look as big to others as I feel sometimes.

Sometimes though I wish I was more proportionate. I can now fit into medium sized shirts but I need such large bottoms in comparison. Dresses look so funny on me as they are either too big on top but fit in the middle or fit on top but too tight in the middle- stupid genetics.

That is great! Congratulations! And they suggested the size 12s I wouldn't feel guilty on the button.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Fat_Lassie wrote: »
    I once stopped in the middle of P90X to eat a burrito.

Ha! Take that, Tony Horton! I love it!

Ok see what happens when you read backwards? Someone beat me to it....
  • IAmTheGlue
    IAmTheGlue Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    Once every week or two I buy a dozen chocolate donuts, get to the office early & leave them in the break room anonymously, and get grim satisfaction out of watching the same people who say to me "I need to eat like you" chow down.

I'm laughing so hard at this while I'm thinking that I shouldn't be.....but I can't help it! Evil genius!!

@xMrBunglex I remember this confession. I remember that I REALLY wanted donuts after reading it too.

Still, even after 700+ pages, my favorite confession was one that a lady was worried that it wouldn't be too long before her husband used her excess tummy flab for a blanket. I still laugh every time I think about that.

How did I miss that? I don't remember that post.

I don't remember that either! My favorite is still @IAmTheGlue pine cone diet! Still makes me chuckle!

Lol :smiley:

I missed the tummy flab blanket thing too. I'm kinda sad about that. Sounds hilarious! :D
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    at 1200 for the day... I should be at 1500.... and add half exercise calories, I should be at 1700.... I really want to drink....
  • Oberon21
    Options
    slbale wrote: »
    I'm usually a lurker too lol I started logging every bite, it's really opened my eyes to my non stop snacking especially on treats brought in to work! I still eat what I want and log, but I really ask myself if those calories are really worth it now thanks to keeping myself accountable, some days totally worth it! Lol I've been at this 11 weeks and down 20 lbs, it's gotten a lot easier to pass up the treats at work! Totally not worth going back, I feel SO much better, and have to lose 20 more pounds two more times to get to my goal weight!
    Good job on your weight loss!

Welcome! I have stopped eating many things since I started logging. I was shocked at the amount of calories in some things. I don't eat in moderation when I love something. I am better off not touching it. Then I forget what it tastes like and stop craving it.
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    I'm so in love with Mod Cloth. One of my fitness goals is to get down to a size where I feel comfortable shopping there. I know they have a lot of really cute plus sized stuff, but I'd like to not be in that size anymore when I drop tons of cash in there.

Same. I want to buy a couple dresses in a smaller size now but then I'm worried I'll never get small enough to wear it.
  • ksmithnh
    ksmithnh Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm so embarrassed with myself tonight. I've had a pretty good week and tonight I went out with a friend after work... Had a sandwich and homemade chips and a beer - a great treat that should have more than satisfied me. I came home and binged like mad, eating crap, and added on probably 500-600 calories. Ugh. Feel. Like. Crap. And didn't log it.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    Chaelaz wrote: »
    ["That" older guy isn't as rare as you think.

@JPW1990 I know it isn't rare. Have many a friends who upon getting divorced suddenly find themselves in the company of much younger company. I shake my head as a older guy, but honestly there is a LOT of draw to it. Mostly it can capture that feeling of fleeting youth. Ya know, Jerry Lee Lewis "Middle Aged Crazy, trying to prove he still can...".

I am pretty grounded, but who knows. Was just thinking out loud. No plans for divorce or younger women at this point. :)

honestly, this is why at 34 i'm pretty sure i'm gonna be alone.
    totally not judging you (after my parents divorced my dad spent years dating younger gals and then five years ago married a girl that is ONE year older than ME. i judge him ;) )
    anytime i go out i can't help but feel like i don't belong. there are young, stunning girls EVERYwhere, i can't imagine anyone settling for my older, pudgy butt. plus i'm also pretty sarcastic and b*tchy. B)
    but seeing how i'm the reason my current relationship tanked, i really don't have anyone else to blame.
    it's still kinda disappointing though.

I would too!

Don't give up on finding someone, I'm only 29 and sometimes it's hard since most gals my age are married or in committed relationships but most the time I'm happy as I have the rest of my life to be with someone may as well enjoy my "singleness" now. You'll find someone!! You are very pretty!

Agree that you are very pretty, plus you're pretty funny going off your additions to this thread and you will meet someone. I met my husband when I was 35 and got married at 37. I seriously thought there was something wrong with me. I used to tell myself I was "fundamentally unloveable". Everyone else said it would happen for me, they were right and I was wrong.

I must be an anomaly. I was reading through the past few days posts and wondering how people can only come up with a couple of things positive to say about themselves. And, why would anybody think that because they don't have somebody that there is something wrong with them? I never really thought I had super high self esteem, but I've always known my worth.

I am speaking for myself, but... you look around and all you see is "happy" couples and people dating, and there... is... nothing... going on with you. And I know I shouldn't compare myself to others, but I see some people who are just awful human beings and they are with someone. And then it's like "how come they can find someone, and I can't?" So you start to think there is something wrong with yourself and you must be completely unattractive.

I used to feel that way. And I am going to completely honest here. I am not a pretty woman. I am ok. When I am thin I have a great body. Think Marilyn Monroe at her skinniest without the breasts (A cup all the way). But women not as attractive as me ( which takes a lot as I am not pretty), heavier than me, no where near as smart as me, or as accomplished get guys. But somewhere along the way I realized I am ok. I still get down when I gain weight. Hate I am not pretty. That I am the least attractive female in my family. But I am pretty amazing. And if others don't realize it it's their loss. I am not going to settle. And I am a lot older than you. I hope you find the love of your life. I still hope I do. But if I don't it's ok. I am still a pretty amazing person. I don't need a guy to prove that to me. And I never will. :)

That is a lot of self realization. I have not seen any photographs of you but I am sure you are not unattractive. You are right to be happy with yourself first. All other things fall into place in time. It took me a while to figure that out and now I would be ok if I were alone.

I have spent a lot of time thinking about it. :) and I am not ugly but I sure don't turn heads either. :) I love when people from the barn see me for the first time in work clothes or dressed up with makeup and my hair done . They never recognize me. I always think I look the same so I guess I may not have a totally rational view of myself. But thank God for makeup. :)
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    I don't think I have any. It was long-sleeved and flowered and zipped up the back. The cloth would show through the rips in the jeans. I thought I was pretty awesome in that. Wish I had the body I had then.

Mine was (IS) plain black, also long-sleeved, and spandex. Undressing in that thing was like peeling an unripe banana.
    peleroja wrote: »
    Definitely! I also had a pair of super-low-rise jeans that had a LACE UP fly instead of a zipper or buttons...klassy klassy klassy. Looking back I cannot believe my mother let me out of the house in them as I think you could see my hipbones above the waistband. I definitely wore those to school though...

Oh dear, I still have a pair of those jeans too. Correction: two pairs. One has a band of lace around the top of the pants (can't call it a waistbanc I guess) and laces up with ribbon.

eta: Please don't think I still wear this stuff!! I just hang onto clothes for waaaaay too long and have too much stuff in my closets.

I had a pair of pants like that too. Lace up with a faux letter thong and skin tight.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    brandi9172 wrote: »
    I confess that most of the threads in the Chit - Chat section drive me absolutely bonkers. "Would you kiss the person above" "Compliment the person above" Blah blah blah. I guess because it's blatant compliment fishing maybe...or perhaps because there are a ton of married/partnered people out there flirting and being inappropriate with other people. I don't know...but it grosses me out. So I try not to look at even the titles...and I never click in. Did it once...won't make that mistake again, lol. :dizzy:

I hear ya! I'm single and I've honestly never been to that thread! Seriously search my name you won't find it! Not a fan, I'm here for my health not to find a date :)

Well now you are not really single...

But I am and I can't stand when people start all the overt flirting and innuendo. I leave those threads immediately. That is not why I am here. If I wanted that I would go to match.com.

I tried match.com once and they literally refused my membership! I got a msg that said they didn't have anyone that would match my profile/questionnaire info, and to try again at a later date!

It's hysterical and depressing all at once!

Hmm. I never did it. But seriously? Then maybe you need to get more real in life? Or did you just make yourself as out there as you could? Which may have cut your options?

it was quite a few years ago, so maybe i just need to give it another try. i did think i was just being honest for myself at the time though!

After reading the other posts on the dating sites I kind of want to try eharmony just to see if they reject me!
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    So I have that kid (who is 7, mind you) who had diarrhea all over the pool during his swim lesson. I want to hide in a little hole and seriously I need a drink, even though I'm already 400 calories over maintenance and I don't even drink...

Aw I'm sorry :( Positive vibes your way!!

Oh no. How is the kiddo doing? That's terrible.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    So I have a scale victory and a NSV for today. I’m officially down 10 lbs as of this morning (woot!), and I do eat more than my journal says (promise!), I just don’t log at home at night. I’m in the “clothes starting to get loose, but not down a size” situation.
    My NSV- my almost-9-month old finally sat up by himself for a few minutes last night. The pediatrician was starting to mention physical therapy for him and we were getting nervous, but now he’s starting to sit on his own (yay! So proud of him!)

Great news on both fronts!
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    Chaelaz wrote: »
    ["That" older guy isn't as rare as you think.

@JPW1990 I know it isn't rare. Have many a friends who upon getting divorced suddenly find themselves in the company of much younger company. I shake my head as a older guy, but honestly there is a LOT of draw to it. Mostly it can capture that feeling of fleeting youth. Ya know, Jerry Lee Lewis "Middle Aged Crazy, trying to prove he still can...".

I am pretty grounded, but who knows. Was just thinking out loud. No plans for divorce or younger women at this point. :)

honestly, this is why at 34 i'm pretty sure i'm gonna be alone.
    totally not judging you (after my parents divorced my dad spent years dating younger gals and then five years ago married a girl that is ONE year older than ME. i judge him ;) )
    anytime i go out i can't help but feel like i don't belong. there are young, stunning girls EVERYwhere, i can't imagine anyone settling for my older, pudgy butt. plus i'm also pretty sarcastic and b*tchy. B)
    but seeing how i'm the reason my current relationship tanked, i really don't have anyone else to blame.
    it's still kinda disappointing though.

I would too!

Don't give up on finding someone, I'm only 29 and sometimes it's hard since most gals my age are married or in committed relationships but most the time I'm happy as I have the rest of my life to be with someone may as well enjoy my "singleness" now. You'll find someone!! You are very pretty!

Agree that you are very pretty, plus you're pretty funny going off your additions to this thread and you will meet someone. I met my husband when I was 35 and got married at 37. I seriously thought there was something wrong with me. I used to tell myself I was "fundamentally unloveable". Everyone else said it would happen for me, they were right and I was wrong.

I must be an anomaly. I was reading through the past few days posts and wondering how people can only come up with a couple of things positive to say about themselves. And, why would anybody think that because they don't have somebody that there is something wrong with them? I never really thought I had super high self esteem, but I've always known my worth.

I am speaking for myself, but... you look around and all you see is "happy" couples and people dating, and there... is... nothing... going on with you. And I know I shouldn't compare myself to others, but I see some people who are just awful human beings and they are with someone. And then it's like "how come they can find someone, and I can't?" So you start to think there is something wrong with yourself and you must be completely unattractive.

I used to feel that way. And I am going to completely honest here. I am not a pretty woman. I am ok. When I am thin I have a great body. Think Marilyn Monroe at her skinniest without the breasts (A cup all the way). But women not as attractive as me ( which takes a lot as I am not pretty), heavier than me, no where near as smart as me, or as accomplished get guys. But somewhere along the way I realized I am ok. I still get down when I gain weight. Hate I am not pretty. That I am the least attractive female in my family. But I am pretty amazing. And if others don't realize it it's their loss. I am not going to settle. And I am a lot older than you. I hope you find the love of your life. I still hope I do. But if I don't it's ok. I am still a pretty amazing person. I don't need a guy to prove that to me. And I never will. :)

That is a lot of self realization. I have not seen any photographs of you but I am sure you are not unattractive. You are right to be happy with yourself first. All other things fall into place in time. It took me a while to figure that out and now I would be ok if I were alone.

I have spent a lot of time thinking about it. :) and I am not ugly but I sure don't turn heads either. :) I love when people from the barn see me for the first time in work clothes or dressed up with makeup and my hair done . They never recognize me. I always think I look the same so I guess I may not have a totally rational view of myself. But thank God for makeup. :)

I am guessing you are probably far more attractive than you think you are. You are certainly pretty inside and it sounds as if perhaps you downplay what you could play up. If you ever wanted to take it to a bigger extreme and turn heads go for it. I think it would take a talented makeup artist (i.e. more than just a cosmetics counter make up person -- and a talented hairdresser.) The makeup artist could teach you the little "tricks" that bring out features and minimize those features you wish minimized. The hairdresser to make sure you have a flattering cut. Add to this mix someone to push you into clothes that are tasteful but on the sassy, vavooom side. I bet you'd be one hot lady! I am also guessing that you are pretty relaxed about your hair and makeup and even your clothes at the barn (perfectly normal).

I am not one to talk too much because I know I don't make the most of what I could be most of the time. I do ponytails and just a hint of makeup most days. (Especially when I know I'll be in the lab.) But, when I feel like it I can and do turn heads. It can be fun sometimes. I vote for you to go all sassy and vavoom and have some fun turning heads! :wink:

Edit for grammar (although I suck at grammar) and to say - now I want to go get a professional makeover. I will, at the very least, make it in for a trim with my awesome hairdresser very soon.) I'm supposed to go play kickball and now I'm in the mood to put on do-me shoes and a sassy dress and go out with my SO... Ok, dinner for my son and kickball it is. Sassy me will have to come out to play another day. :smiley:
    Edit again to add: I am super good at putting my foot in my mouth. I completely bet you are absolutely fine as you are -- but the above suggestion was for you - to view yourself in a different way. I am not expressing myself well but I can't think of how to put it so I hope the meaning came through that I bet you are prettier than you think you are but if you want to glam it up then do it and enjoy it!