Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    So I'm late to the game but whatever.

- I'm from Connecticut so I don't really have a very recognizable accent. If anything, our accent sort of borrows a little from Boston and steals a bit from New York ;)

- I love the color red but don't quite feel confident enough to rock it in large amounts. To my last job interview though, I wore red heels, charcoal gray pants, a black shirt, a necklace with a red stone, and carried a red purse. I may not get the job, but I looked freakin' fabulous! I'd highly recommend adding a splash of red to an outfit :)

- I totally remember the old "Degrassi"! That and "Fifteen" starring a pre-dental work Ryan Reynolds, LOL!

- I don't much like apples (unless they are in pie/crisp form) but I like Honeycrisps.

- I've worn glasses since the 3rd grade, including some hideously huge Sally Jessy Raphael ones in the late 80s. For the last who-knows-how-many years, I've been wearing round silver wireframes. With my short dark hair and green eyes, I kind of look like Harry Potter from the books, LOL.

Confession: I'm so over the whole "unemployment" thing, but I'm even MORE over the whole "interview" thing. Just give me the damn job or stop wasting my time. So sick of being evaluated and judged and feeling like a failure. :/ I had another interview today - not sure how it went but fingers crossed - and I left feeling overwhelmed and analyzing all the things I did wrong. I'm a little proud that when I stopped at the store to pick up a few essentials, I didn't buy a bunch of junk food to make myself feel better. Small victories, right?

I want a nice pair of red shoes. I'm weird- I think I'm the only woman on Earth who had babies and now has SMALLER feet. I wore a 6.5-7 before, now I wear a 6, sometimes even a 5.5. I'm always sliding around in too-big shoes. My "reward" for getting to the -20 lb mark is a new pair of sneakers (trainers) and then for -25 is a new pair of cute shoes.

You, I like- that is an excellent choice in motivation! <3 shoes!
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    I hesitate to admit that in seeing "Speculoos Ben & Jerry's", the first thing that popped into my mind was "Speculoos? -- that word looks like speculum (!)" -- and in suddenly having the concept of speculum followed immediately by an ice cream reference, my mind suddenly found itself doing a tango with the unthinkable -- a speculum used as an ice cream 'scoop' -- ?!!! GROSS

I keep automatically thinking of speculum too... that's why I always refer to it as "cookie butter". Lol.
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Second confession, every time I see the thread 'Thigh Gap?' I get really angry.

I ventured in there (I should know better) after I saw skinny chicken legs (which I have) declared unsexy. :|
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Caitwn wrote: »
    Good lord. I'm surprised sometimes that so many of us get through this life to turn out as basically sane, basically decent human beings - we get so much toxic crap thrown at us.

Yes... My mom looked at 8 year old me who was not overweight and told me continually I was only going to eat chicken and salad. I felt I was fat when I was 7... The best example I've found of her is Adam Sandler's "wife" in "Spanglish." Honestly I'm still recovering from a lot. The saddest thing too is I look at pictures of me as a young kid and I looked completely normal! But all those years I hated myself. I have a list of things to not do as a mom, lol.

I grew up thinking that as well! I would wear huge clothing to cover up how fat I thought I was and people would comment that I was chubby (because of the clothing) so it went in a vicious cycle. Then being put on constant starvation diets kicked my medical problems into gear and here I am. :/ I wish I could have realized how thin I actually was.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    Today is a bit of a roller coaster for me. I woke to find out that a dear friend had passed away. She was only 46 and from what I know had had a massive heart attack over the weekend. She has three young children. You never know when....

On the other side, my four year old has already started with the tooth loss. She had her first tooth come out this morning. So I am happy for her in this step in her development, but I am also very sad about my friend.
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    I am getting frustrated with my weight loss and ready to start taking diet pills :(

:( It is a long and frustrating journey but you can do it!! (without pills :))
  • blue_eyes1978
    blue_eyes1978 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I am not using my wii fit today. I haven't meet my goal set and today was the deal line and can't handle seeing it today. :(
  • LBuehrle8
    Options

I hear ya- although I get more annoyed in a WTF kind of way. Is this for real?
  • overlook237
    overlook237 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »

Fingers-crossed for you. I decided it was time for a new job last years (although I was in the luxurious position of still being employed and not needing to hurry too much) and I went to loads of rubbish interviews. I was getting fairly disheartened. Then after a number of months, I ended up getting two good offers within 24 hours and had to pick. It can happen! And I hope it happens for you sooner rather than later. Took me about 9 months though, so perseverance is key.

Thanks :) I really am trying to stay positive, but there are moments... I try to see every interview as good practice for the next one, and I've definitely improved, so there's that! The job market is so much tougher than it's ever been. This one job was posted on a Friday, and when I went in for an interview on the following Tuesday, the woman told me she'd gotten over 150 resumes in just four days! I just keep applying and hoping for the best; I've just never been a really patient person. Thanks for the encouragement :)

I want a nice pair of red shoes. I'm weird- I think I'm the only woman on Earth who had babies and now has SMALLER feet. I wore a 6.5-7 before, now I wear a 6, sometimes even a 5.5. I'm always sliding around in too-big shoes. My "reward" for getting to the -20 lb mark is a new pair of sneakers (trainers) and then for -25 is a new pair of cute shoes.

Before I started losing weight, I wore a 9.5 or sometimes even a 10. Now I'm wearing an 8.5, LOL. My red heels are Kelly & Katie brand (I got them at DSW), and they're pretty comfortable (nice padded insole) for heels. :)
  • LBuehrle8
    Options

Fingers-crossed for you. I decided it was time for a new job last years (although I was in the luxurious position of still being employed and not needing to hurry too much) and I went to loads of rubbish interviews. I was getting fairly disheartened. Then after a number of months, I ended up getting two good offers within 24 hours and had to pick. It can happen! And I hope it happens for you sooner rather than later. Took me about 9 months though, so perseverance is key.

Thanks :) I really am trying to stay positive, but there are moments... I try to see every interview as good practice for the next one, and I've definitely improved, so there's that! The job market is so much tougher than it's ever been. This one job was posted on a Friday, and when I went in for an interview on the following Tuesday, the woman told me she'd gotten over 150 resumes in just four days! I just keep applying and hoping for the best; I've just never been a really patient person. Thanks for the encouragement :)

Before I started losing weight, I wore a 9.5 or sometimes even a 10. Now I'm wearing an 8.5, LOL. My red heels are Kelly & Katie brand (I got them at DSW), and they're pretty comfortable (nice padded insole) for heels. :)

I love DSW...I spend way too much money there!
  • Rabbit914
    Rabbit914 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    ohgeeque wrote: »
    The people who love us never see us as we see ourselves. They look at us with better eyes.

or with truer eyes.

This is what I was trying to say so many pages ago. If we saw ourselves as others see us we would love ourselves so much more.
  • overlook237
    overlook237 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »

I used to work there a while back, and it probably would've been easier if they just paid me in shoes/bags/accessories instead of going to all the trouble to cut me a paycheck just so I could turn around and give it back to them ;)
  • Kalici
    Options
    Oh and I forgot the most random thing that happened- since I started losing the weight, when I went in to my doctor, I found out my height increased from 5'4 to 5'4.5. Doc said when you lose weight your spine can decompress/you stand up straighter from strengthening back muscles etc. I'll take it. At my very heaviest I was 5'3.5, so technically now I'm an inch taller! :open_mouth:

I've always wanted to be like 5'10. I'm so jealous of tall women, so gaining even an inch has me thrilled lol

Oh. My. God. Please let this happen to me. I am only 5'0 and I would love to be a little taller. I have never heard this before and my mouth is hanging open with hope!

• Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    I think it's pretty funny in my post yesterday I shortened assistant to *kitten*'t but used ss's and they EDITED it. Hello...that was not a swear word! Is there some program in this thread that looks for certain letter combinations? Rather than humans scanning?

I noticed that too and had quite a chuckle over it!
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    Today's confession: As you all might know (due to all the food-related confessions I've been dumping in here...), I've gained quite a bit of weight over my low weight since March. I've gained about 10 kilos, to put a number on it, and I'm just getting back on the wagon. :-/

So, after two days eating under my goal, here's how today's weigh-in went: I went to pee (of course), then hopped on the scale in my underclothes. I got a 70.0 and I thought to myself, "I am SO CLOSE to breaking into the 60s again!" This in mind, I became a little bit desperate. So, I turned to my husband and said... "You know what? I'm going to try to pee some more."

He, of course, stared at me like I was crazy. "How in the world do you pee some more?!" I ignored him and went to attempt it, not that it was particularly successful... Is this TMI? ;)

Afterwards, I stripped down and weighed without my underclothes to get rid of every gram of extra weight that I could possibly shed. The scale was kind and measured me at 69.9. So then I go... "YAY! I BROKE INTO THE SIXTIES AGAIN! BOOYAH!" ;) It counts, right?
  • LBuehrle8
    Options

I used to work there a while back, and it probably would've been easier if they just paid me in shoes/bags/accessories instead of going to all the trouble to cut me a paycheck just so I could turn around and give it back to them ;)

That would have been awesome!!
  • Kalici
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    Today is a bit of a roller coaster for me. I woke to find out that a dear friend had passed away. She was only 46 and from what I know had had a massive heart attack over the weekend. She has three young children. You never know when....

On the other side, my four year old has already started with the tooth loss. She had her first tooth come out this morning. So I am happy for her in this step in her development, but I am also very sad about my friend.

I am so sorry for your loss.

• Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    It is almost midnight and I am waiting for my son to get home from work so I can go to bed.

The sad dad stories really got to me today.

When my dad died he was shoveling the drive way and had a heart attack. A neighbor found him. He drove me to school that morning (I was 15), when he did not pick me up, I called, and a cop answered the phone and told me he had died and to come home right away. I actually told the cop that he usually picked me up from school at the other end of town, and I did not know how to get home. His reply was that they would be there when I got there.

I ran back in the school and had a teacher drive me home. Later that day, when I went outside, his hat, eye glasses, blood and vomit were all over the drive way.

At the funeral, in true 'mother' style, she caused a big scene and picked him up out of the casket....I will never forget the crude autopsy scar on the back of his head.

I do not think I will ever fully get over that.

My best girlfriend died two and a half years ago, that was the hardest death I have dealt with other than my father's. Death really sucks!

My rodent is looking rather poor today....he is so skinny and was making a funny noise today when I was holding him. He spends all day in a puff ball in his cage with his head down, this is also what the other one did in the days before he died....I do not think it is gonna be much longer now....I am heartbroken.

On a better note, my sister and her family are coming to visit next month. They live in Indy and I only see them once every couple years......

I am sorry about your dad. That was really rough.

Are you SURE it's not time to euthanize your Degu? Ease his passage to another life?

I was thinking about that last night.....I just do not know what to do...he has periods of time where other than being skinny he seems like he is gonna be fine....and I am so scared to do something like that if he has any chance at all of making it.

This morning when I first got up to make lunch for my son, he was chewing on some wood and even got in his wheel (only for a moment though).....now he is laying down in a corner and did not even get up when I moved his cage back into the living room, which is unusual....I was scared to check if he was breathing, but he is.....

I go back and forth.....half the time I am freaking out and thinking he is ready to go anytime, and then other half the time I think he looks ok......right now I am freaking out, esp as I am ready to leave for work shortly.....

• Kalici
    Options

I hear ya- although I get more annoyed in a WTF kind of way. Is this for real?

My friend thinks the thigh gap rage is strangely hilarious. She is obese and has a massive thigh gap. She used to get made fun of for it and now people are struggling to have it!
  • xLoveLikeWinterx
    xLoveLikeWinterx Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »

Aw I'm so sorry :( Things like that scare me, a lot. I'm 33 and have 2 little ones. I'm always scared that I'll have to leave them too soon :(
  • xLoveLikeWinterx
    xLoveLikeWinterx Posts: 408 Member
    Options

Oh I love DSW! I'll have to check there and see if they still have them. I'd love the padded insole.