Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    My eyesight was terrible when I was younger. Had glasses and contacts but hated them both. I abused my eyes by wearing my extended wear lenses over their expected time. Luckily, I came out ok. I had lasik done about six years ago and wished I had done it sooner. After a few years with great vision post surgery, my age is catching up with me and now I am getting to need the cheaters to read small print!

I have terrible vision. Glasses since 6, contacts since 11. I have a bad astigmatism so I was told that Lasik would be a waste of time, because I might still need light correction and my eyes would revert with age.

Lasik has improved by leaps. They can do it now even if you have astigmatism. If your prescription has leveled off you could be a candidate. Nothing like being able to see immediately after getting off the table.

I was told that this year actually. My prescription has leveled off, but apparently my lens is distorted or something and full correction is unlikely. The optometrist explained what is going on, but I just paid attention to the fact that I would still need contacts/glasses of some sort and don't really know the rationale. I ask every couple years and get the same answer.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Cghost21 wrote: »
    I ate a half of a gallon worth of ice cream two rows of Oreo cookies half a gallon of milk and a cheeseburger and just decided not to log in those calories on purpose lol. I just want to get back to staying consistent with my nutrition. Good thing I love to work out

I don't think I've ever expressed my ice cream consumption as portions of a gallon... I tip my hat to you, sir. Well done.

Lamest reason for eating ice cream ever: there's one (give or take) serving left in the tub and tonight is garbage night, so I want to get the empty container out in the garbage. Therefore, I eat ice cream!

Kind of annoyed because the nutrition content label only gives volume, not weight and I refuse to try and get ice cream in and out of a half-cup measure because it will get all melty in the process.

Haha yeah it hurts to leave one serving of ice cream in a tub. Maybe you can find the weight of a serving online if it's a brand you can find in the US too?

Unfortunately it's the President's Choice brand (Butter Tart Pecan flavour!) that is only available in the Real Canadian Superstore and its derivatives.

I think precise accuracy is out the window anyway. I would think calorie value would depend on the relative proportions of pecans to ice cream to caramel sauce to little clumps of pretend pastry, which aren't the same in every serving, whether measured by weight or volume.

I was actually supposed to be logging it. But I popped in here instead.

edit: grammar!

Little known secret - Walmart's Sam's Choice and Great Value brands are actually PC, rebranded for walmart. The info may still be out there, but I don't know if the numbers would be the same. They have PC at some other grocery chains too, directly branded as PC.

WOW! Never knew that.

However... there are notable differences between even same name products sold in Canada and the US so I agree the numbers might not be the same. For example, I've heard our Cheerios are way higher in sodium than US Cheerios.

The PC premium ice cream is to die for. Butter Tart Pecan and Toffee Cashew Crunch (or some similar name) are a couple of my big favourites. They came out with Pumpkin Pie in the fall a couple of years ago and I hoarded it.

Back when I could still eat that stuff, The Decadent cookies from PC were my weakness. No bag was safe. I just googled to make sure I had the name right, and see they now make ice cream sandwiches out of them. Probably a good thing I can't eat them anymore!
  • LorraineZinn
    LorraineZinn Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    I got new glasses that I think are really super cute! I have been wearing them a week and not one single person has noticed. Sad face.

I'm sure they notice something different about you, but aren't sure what. That's a good thing - it means that they see YOU and not just glasses and that they are complimenting your face.

It's true what they say! You really ARE the nicest lady on this thread.

FWIW, a co-worker today said, "Have you lost weight?" I guess I'll take that over, "Are those new glasses?"
  • JPW1990
    Options
    My eyesight was terrible when I was younger. Had glasses and contacts but hated them both. I abused my eyes by wearing my extended wear lenses over their expected time. Luckily, I came out ok. I had lasik done about six years ago and wished I had done it sooner. After a few years with great vision post surgery, my age is catching up with me and now I am getting to need the cheaters to read small print!

I have terrible vision. Glasses since 6, contacts since 11. I have a bad astigmatism so I was told that Lasik would be a waste of time, because I might still need light correction and my eyes would revert with age.

My BFF has vision that bad, she can't get lasik. My astigmatism just passed, although it was bad enough that I could never wear soft contacts, only rigid gas-permeable... which I over-wore.

My distance vision has been completely stable since 97 when I had the lasik done -- and I even had a rare complication in one eye (flap displacement). But it doesn't prevent normal presbyopia due to aging.

That's what I was always told, though I haven't bothered asking in years.
  • 111grace
    111grace Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I also confess I watch too many movies & series & binge when I am watching!! I love watching stories BUT I also hate how much of my time it eats up!!

I feel Like the movies are pac man & I am being gobbled up piece by piece, day by day by this monster addiction!! It is sucking the joy out of me!!

Movies started out as a way to help me to switch of & de-stress, but now its turned into an addiction!! and I hate it :(
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    ^^^ Glasses since 1st grade baby! Woo hoo! I wear contacts mainly unless I'm lounging at home and feel like giving the eye balls a break!

cute pic! Also glasses twins! :sunglasses:

Yay for glasses! #foureyes :)
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I'm jealous of all you good eyesight people. I've worn glasses/contacts since I was 10. I just had my check-up and I'm at 20/575 now.

I was in the 20/625 range, contacts since age 10, and got lasik. Best $5K I've ever spent. I was in my late 30s when I got it done so they slightly undercorrected one eye to prolong my close vision.
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Confession: one of my main hesitations to buy reading glasses is that I have an affinity for expensive sunglasses. I wear them all the time and I'm guilty of not taking them off when I'm inside the grocery store or running various errands. Currently, I'm contemplating an awesomely fancy pair of purple Gucci shades that retail for $325.00.

Take those off to put on a pair of readers?! Hell no. I'll stick with my fancy shades and not be able to read. Vain.

I have an affinity for very cheap sunglasses :D considering how careless I am with them. I throw them in my purse without a case, they fall on the floor in the car several times a week, I forget they're in a pocket and sit or lean on them.

Yes! There is a particular pair of sunglasses at Target that I have been buying every 4 or 5 months for years. They're perfect and I love them and I am screwed if they ever stop carrying them.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I ate a half of a gallon worth of ice cream two rows of Oreo cookies half a gallon of milk and a cheeseburger and just decided not to log in those calories on purpose lol. I just want to get back to staying consistent with my nutrition. Good thing I love to work out

I don't think I've ever expressed my ice cream consumption as portions of a gallon... I tip my hat to you, sir. Well done.

Lamest reason for eating ice cream ever: there's one (give or take) serving left in the tub and tonight is garbage night, so I want to get the empty container out in the garbage. Therefore, I eat ice cream!

Kind of annoyed because the nutrition content label only gives volume, not weight and I refuse to try and get ice cream in and out of a half-cup measure because it will get all melty in the process.

Haha yeah it hurts to leave one serving of ice cream in a tub. Maybe you can find the weight of a serving online if it's a brand you can find in the US too?

Unfortunately it's the President's Choice brand (Butter Tart Pecan flavour!) that is only available in the Real Canadian Superstore and its derivatives.

I think precise accuracy is out the window anyway. I would think calorie value would depend on the relative proportions of pecans to ice cream to caramel sauce to little clumps of pretend pastry, which aren't the same in every serving, whether measured by weight or volume.

Little known secret - Walmart's Sam's Choice and Great Value brands are actually PC, rebranded for walmart. The info may still be out there, but I don't know if the numbers would be the same. They have PC at some other grocery chains too, directly branded as PC.

WOW! Never knew that.

However... there are notable differences between even same name products sold in Canada and the US so I agree the numbers might not be the same. For example, I've heard our Cheerios are way higher in sodium than US Cheerios.

The PC premium ice cream is to die for. Butter Tart Pecan and Toffee Cashew Crunch (or some similar name) are a couple of my big favourites. They came out with Pumpkin Pie in the fall a couple of years ago and I hoarded it.

Back when I could still eat that stuff, The Decadent cookies from PC were my weakness. No bag was safe. I just googled to make sure I had the name right, and see they now make ice cream sandwiches out of them. Probably a good thing I can't eat them anymore!

Ohhh, worse... they've made cookie butter out of them. But I think it might have been a limited edition thing. I couldn't resist a jar when it was marked down to 97 cents (which is what makes me think they were being cleared out).

So I was rather peeved that I was only sitting at 58 grams of protein today after dinner, which was a hefty serving of lasagna with meat sauce and a ton of cheese, figured I'd be higher than that. So I made the brilliant decision to follow up the PC ice cream with 1) red velvet Pop Tarts (a surprising 4 grams of protein) 2) 40 grams of Birthday Cake M&Ms (another gram) and 3) yogurt (non-Greek, another 4 grams).

Today was obviously Eat Like a Kid Day at my house. Other than the yogurt.

My bad, it's not cookie butter, it's "chocolate chip cookie spread":

enSY6UK.jpg
  • DanielleMcGrady
    DanielleMcGrady Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I do little weird things to keep me motivated such as watching those health documentarys on Netflix. You'd be shocked how motivating they can be. Very eye opening
  • overlook237
    overlook237 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    So I'm late to the game but whatever.

- I'm from Connecticut so I don't really have a very recognizable accent. If anything, our accent sort of borrows a little from Boston and steals a bit from New York ;)

- I love the color red but don't quite feel confident enough to rock it in large amounts. To my last job interview though, I wore red heels, charcoal gray pants, a black shirt, a necklace with a red stone, and carried a red purse. I may not get the job, but I looked freakin' fabulous! I'd highly recommend adding a splash of red to an outfit :)

- I totally remember the old "Degrassi"! That and "Fifteen" starring a pre-dental work Ryan Reynolds, LOL!

- I don't much like apples (unless they are in pie/crisp form) but I like Honeycrisps.

- I've worn glasses since the 3rd grade, including some hideously huge Sally Jessy Raphael ones in the late 80s. For the last who-knows-how-many years, I've been wearing round silver wireframes. With my short dark hair and green eyes, I kind of look like Harry Potter from the books, LOL.

Confession: I'm so over the whole "unemployment" thing, but I'm even MORE over the whole "interview" thing. Just give me the damn job or stop wasting my time. So sick of being evaluated and judged and feeling like a failure. :/ I had another interview today - not sure how it went but fingers crossed - and I left feeling overwhelmed and analyzing all the things I did wrong. I'm a little proud that when I stopped at the store to pick up a few essentials, I didn't buy a bunch of junk food to make myself feel better. Small victories, right?
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options

- I'm from Connecticut so I don't really have a very recognizable accent. If anything, our accent sort of borrows a little from Boston and steals a bit from New York ;)

- I love the color red but don't quite feel confident enough to rock it in large amounts. To my last job interview though, I wore red heels, charcoal gray pants, a black shirt, a necklace with a red stone, and carried a red purse. I may not get the job, but I looked freakin' fabulous! I'd highly recommend adding a splash of red to an outfit :)

- I totally remember the old "Degrassi"! That and "Fifteen" starring a pre-dental work Ryan Reynolds, LOL!

- I don't much like apples (unless they are in pie/crisp form) but I like Honeycrisps.

- I've worn glasses since the 3rd grade, including some hideously huge Sally Jessy Raphael ones in the late 80s. For the last who-knows-how-many years, I've been wearing round silver wireframes. With my short dark hair and green eyes, I kind of look like Harry Potter from the books, LOL.

Confession: I'm so over the whole "unemployment" thing, but I'm even MORE over the whole "interview" thing. Just give me the damn job or stop wasting my time. So sick of being evaluated and judged and feeling like a failure. :/ I had another interview today - not sure how it went but fingers crossed - and I left feeling overwhelmed and analyzing all the things I did wrong. I'm a little proud that when I stopped at the store to pick up a few essentials, I didn't buy a bunch of junk food to make myself feel better. Small victories, right?

Keeping my fingers crossed for you!! You WILL find a job and you are NOT a failure!
  • ohgeeque
    ohgeeque Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »

He was looking at string bikinis last night. I think he's a little confused as to what my body ACTUALLY looks like. I definitely DON'T have a "bikini body". At least not yet, anyway. :smiley:
    The people who love us never see us as we see ourselves. They look at us with better eyes.

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options

Total victory!
  • AngryViking1970
    edited June 2015
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    IAmTheGlue wrote: »
    Finally caught up! My confession is I've been drinking too much...every single day for quite awhile. I am making a commitment to not drink Monday through Thursday this week. Please think good thoughts for me!

ETA: A little embarrassed to admit this quasi publicly, but hoping admitting it on here will make me face reality. Since I know there are several of you that have admitted to stopping for good.

You are so not judged. I'm thinking about (not yet committed to ) a dry June. Yes, it is a big enough of a deal to not drink for an entire month for me but June is my worst month. My dad died 3 years ago on his and my mother's 43rd wedding anniversary, right after Father's Day. I tend to drink and cry from one to the other. I try to keep that as discrete as possible (the drinking, not the crying ) so I'm not a super horrible example to my kids but seriously, it is excessive and it needs to stop.

You are not alone. Many people struggle with cutting back on drinking.

I am sorry for your loss. My father died right after 4th of july 1990 and I still morn him. He was a shot and a beer guy and drank every night before he went to bed. I toast him with a shot and a beer on 4th of july and on his birthday in October. It makes me feel better to keep this ritual in his memory.

My dad died 26 years ago this June, 3 days before my parents wedding annivesary and again, right after Father's Day. Still miss him every day.

Funny how it never seems any easier.....my father died on Dec 3rd, 1991, I still cry every single time that anniversary passes. He died very suddenly, and inadvertently left me alone with my crazy mother, so it was really difficult. He was the person I loved most in the world, and I still miss him every day. My son is named after him, and it makes me tear up when I think about how my son never got to meet him. My sister said she cried a lot when he died too, not only because he was a great stepdad to her, but because she felt bad for the way he was treated by our mother and when he died she felt bad that he wasted so many years of his life being treated like that.
    I lost my Dad to cancer at 61 in July 2012. It was pretty quick really, he had his kidney removed just over a year before, but then it came back and he deteriorated quickly. I loved my Dad totally, I feel so lucky when some people on here have talked about their upbringings because I had a great childhood.

But last year, on only the second anniversary of his death I was really into what I was doing at work at the time and I completely forgot until my brother text to see of I was ok. This made me feel like I was a terrible person. Me and my brother have both always said to my mum that we don't want to mark the occasion, we'd rather continue to celebrate his birthday instead, and her brother and sisters tend to do something with her on the anniversary. But I felt awful that I didn't even realise.

I've never really been much of a crier, and tend to get on with things, but some things will really upset me. Sometimes even imagined things, like a song I think he'd have liked and I imagine him telling me about this great new singer that I was trying to get him into years before, but he'd only have recognised when they came onto radio 2. And when my brother got married last month I got quite upset when we did something to remember him, but I'd not have expected that I would have.

But I have found that it does seem easier, I love my dad and always will, he has played a big part in who I am, and although I miss him when he should be around I know how he would have felt about things and can imagine his reaction. And to me the anniversary of his death is the opposite to special and not something I want to mark.

I don't make a big deal about the day my dad died either. He also died of cancer. And we found him...He had probably got out of bed to go to the bathroom and had a stroke or he may have fallen and hit his head on the side table. My mom had stayed in the spare bedroom because he was getting Chemo and she had a cold and didn't want to affect him. She couldn't find him when she went looking for him and came running into the kitchen where I was having breakfast hysterical she couldn't find him. She thought he had committed suicide, went running for the garage to see if his car was there. When she saw it was she just looked at me like where is he? And I knew. I said 'did you look beside the bed'? She was so confused but I just knew. We went to the bedroom and looked at the far side of the bed and he was laying there. She was hysterical again and kept begging me to do something, to help him. I could tell that he had been gone for hours. I worked as a nursing *kitten*'t at the time, and she thought I should save him. It still breaks my heart that I couldn't do anything to help -- her mostly as he was long gone. I felt guilty about that for years. For years I could never say my dad had died, I only said he was gone. Apparently a lot of cancer patients don't actually die from cancer, they have strokes, etc. before the cancer kills them (at least that is what I remember the doctor telling me at the time). But the day he died is just a day. I prefer to remember all the good stuff he did, none of the bad (which my siblings like to focus on) and I simply miss him every day. But I have 'missed' the day of his death before and felt guilty to not even recognize it. I am always sad on Fathers day and I get bitter when marketers send me emails about 'gifts for dad'. I actually just got one as I was writing this. I wish I could buy my dad a gift.

And now I am sorry I probably just depressed all of you.

Ah, I'm so sorry. My mom died (effing cancer) on my Dad's birthday in 2002. Her death was exactly one month from diagnosis and my Dad has never recovered. You didn't depress me; I know how much this season sucks. I don't know if you're a hugger, but you're getting one from me.
  • overlook237
    overlook237 Posts: 160 Member
    Options

Keeping my fingers crossed for you!! You WILL find a job and you are NOT a failure!

Total victory!

Thanks, guys :)

• AngryViking1970
    edited June 2015
    Options
    mtxce8kqdhj9.jpg

OMG, you guys are so effing cute.
  • JPW1990
    Options

WOW! Never knew that.

Ohhh, worse... they've made cookie butter out of them. But I think it might have been a limited edition thing. I couldn't resist a jar when it was marked down to 97 cents (which is what makes me think they were being cleared out).

So I was rather peeved that I was only sitting at 58 grams of protein today after dinner, which was a hefty serving of lasagna with meat sauce and a ton of cheese, figured I'd be higher than that. So I made the brilliant decision to follow up the PC ice cream with 1) red velvet Pop Tarts (a surprising 4 grams of protein) 2) 40 grams of Birthday Cake M&Ms (another gram) and 3) yogurt (non-Greek, another 4 grams).

Today was obviously Eat Like a Kid Day at my house. Other than the yogurt.

My bad, it's not cookie butter, it's "chocolate chip cookie spread":

enSY6UK.jpg

Don't think I didn't see what you did there. I'm doing my own experiment tonight. Someone posted a keto caramel recipe on reddit today. I definitely overestimated what they consider a "pinch" of salt. Guess I have an excuse to try again tomorrow.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    I did go to the gym. Am now home in a foul snappy mood, God knows why.

Oh and I ate two pop tarts on the way home. When I knew the casserole in the slow cooker would be ready. Go me! /Sarcasm

Oh dear... TOM? I get rally pissed off at the world the day or so before. I bite everyone's heads off. I used to cry hysterically before. Now I just get in a total rage. I have to step away when I do that. I can hear it on calls and I have even gotten off my horses in the past when I realized I was in a foul mood because of that, as I have ZERO patience. I get over it in a day or so.

No, I don't have TOM, as I'm on the injection to spare me all the pain and mess, although I wish I had it to blame binges/moods on

Full moon? Quarter moon? No moon? I can keep trying!
    I think there is a full moon here tonight. Close if not.

Dumb question maybe, but do we have full moons at the same time as you? Or anywhere else? Is it worldwide?

So I was going to answer this knowledgeably then realized I didn't know! I knew it had to do with the angle of the earth to the sun but thought that could be the same everywhere at the same time. So I googled it. And the answer is yes, the world experiences a full moon at the same time. And the moon looks full for 24 hours so if the moon looks full at 10 pm in France it would look full at 4 pm in NY. We wouldn't see it until it's gets dark but technically we all experienced the full moon at the same time.