Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    @pofoster21 I thought I woke up early at 5! What time do you get up?

And by the way I HIGHLY recommend Friends (TV show) it's on Netflix now and I've watched the whole series twice! It's just so funny and it always puts me in a good mood if I'm feeling blue :(

I am watching Friends right now for the first time ever......I did not watch much TV through out the 90's so anything that started in the 90's I missed, lol. I just started season 8 last night, like one episode in.....I 'slowly binge watch' things, I have been watching Friends since about February, I watch nearly every day, but only a couple episodes....

The only show I ever watched really fast was Breaking Bad, I finished that whole thing in a 2-3 weeks......

ETA: It took me right to the end of season two to be able to tell Joey and Chandler apart.....
  • xLoveLikeWinterx
    xLoveLikeWinterx Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Oh and I forgot the most random thing that happened- since I started losing the weight, when I went in to my doctor, I found out my height increased from 5'4 to 5'4.5. Doc said when you lose weight your spine can decompress/you stand up straighter from strengthening back muscles etc. I'll take it. At my very heaviest I was 5'3.5, so technically now I'm an inch taller! :open_mouth:

I've always wanted to be like 5'10. I'm so jealous of tall women, so gaining even an inch has me thrilled lol

Wow, that's really interesting! So your feet get smaller and you get taller? I feel like we are turning into worms...

Yeah I'm a mess. I have weird physical things going on.
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    Today's confession: As you all might know (due to all the food-related confessions I've been dumping in here...), I've gained quite a bit of weight over my low weight since March. I've gained about 10 kilos, to put a number on it, and I'm just getting back on the wagon. :-/

So, after two days eating under my goal, here's how today's weigh-in went: I went to pee (of course), then hopped on the scale in my underclothes. I got a 70.0 and I thought to myself, "I am SO CLOSE to breaking into the 60s again!" This in mind, I became a little bit desperate. So, I turned to my husband and said... "You know what? I'm going to try to pee some more."

He, of course, stared at me like I was crazy. "How in the world do you pee some more?!" I ignored him and went to attempt it, not that it was particularly successful... Is this TMI? ;)

Afterwards, I stripped down and weighed without my underclothes to get rid of every gram of extra weight that I could possibly shed. The scale was kind and measured me at 69.9. So then I go... "YAY! I BROKE INTO THE SIXTIES AGAIN! BOOYAH!" ;) It counts, right?

That totally counts. I can see myself doing that if the scale gets shows 190.2 or something.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    It is almost midnight and I am waiting for my son to get home from work so I can go to bed.

The sad dad stories really got to me today.

When my dad died he was shoveling the drive way and had a heart attack. A neighbor found him. He drove me to school that morning (I was 15), when he did not pick me up, I called, and a cop answered the phone and told me he had died and to come home right away. I actually told the cop that he usually picked me up from school at the other end of town, and I did not know how to get home. His reply was that they would be there when I got there.

I ran back in the school and had a teacher drive me home. Later that day, when I went outside, his hat, eye glasses, blood and vomit were all over the drive way.

At the funeral, in true 'mother' style, she caused a big scene and picked him up out of the casket....I will never forget the crude autopsy scar on the back of his head.

I do not think I will ever fully get over that.

OMG, how absolutely awful. I'm so sorry.

TY
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    ^^^ Glasses since 1st grade baby! Woo hoo! I wear contacts mainly unless I'm lounging at home and feel like giving the eye balls a break!

you two are so cute!!!! fantastic pic! :)
  • KylerJaye
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Seriously, why does MFP take me to the last post of the page instead of the first non read post? This is making me very annoyed.

*still PMSing*

Also getting annoyed at what people post as their dinner sometimes, or when someone says that two eggs on toast or one serving of oatmeal 'fills them up until lunch'. I must really not be normal, but most of what fills people up for hours would maybe keep me satisfied for 2 hours. Maybe. So sometimes I just think I'm not normal and I'll just never manage to maintain my weight.

i am totally this way too. it's a rare occasion when i feel totally "satisfied." what drives me nuts is when i eat something i KNOW should be enough...yet i still feel hungry. it's maddening.
  • Italian_Buju
    edited June 2015
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    My rodent is looking rather poor today....he is so skinny and was making a funny noise today when I was holding him. He spends all day in a puff ball in his cage with his head down, this is also what the other one did in the days before he died....I do not think it is gonna be much longer now....I am heartbroken.

Poor Little Rodent Boy. Since it seems all hope is lost, I hope he goes peacefully and painlessly.

I'm sorry about your dad, those sound like particularly horrifying memories. If you were only 15 he must have been a fairly young man at the time.

Thank you, I hope he does too.....or gets better, but that is looking less and less likely.....

Actually, he had me REALLY late.....he was 52 when I was born, and I was his only child....he was 68 when he died....which is not terribly old....but after 18 years with my mother, he prob aged at twice the rate :p

Growing up, my father was actually older than a lot of my friends grandparents.....

• Italian_Buju
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    Today is a bit of a roller coaster for me. I woke to find out that a dear friend had passed away. She was only 46 and from what I know had had a massive heart attack over the weekend. She has three young children. You never know when....

On the other side, my four year old has already started with the tooth loss. She had her first tooth come out this morning. So I am happy for her in this step in her development, but I am also very sad about my friend.

I am so sorry about your friend.....
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Today's confession: As you all might know (due to all the food-related confessions I've been dumping in here...), I've gained quite a bit of weight over my low weight since March. I've gained about 10 kilos, to put a number on it, and I'm just getting back on the wagon. :-/

So, after two days eating under my goal, here's how today's weigh-in went: I went to pee (of course), then hopped on the scale in my underclothes. I got a 70.0 and I thought to myself, "I am SO CLOSE to breaking into the 60s again!" This in mind, I became a little bit desperate. So, I turned to my husband and said... "You know what? I'm going to try to pee some more."

He, of course, stared at me like I was crazy. "How in the world do you pee some more?!" I ignored him and went to attempt it, not that it was particularly successful... Is this TMI? ;)

Afterwards, I stripped down and weighed without my underclothes to get rid of every gram of extra weight that I could possibly shed. The scale was kind and measured me at 69.9. So then I go... "YAY! I BROKE INTO THE SIXTIES AGAIN! BOOYAH!" ;) It counts, right?

This whole post put a huge smile on my face!!
  • KylerJaye
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    I'm jealous of all you good eyesight people. I've worn glasses/contacts since I was 10. I just had my check-up and I'm at 20/575 now.

I was in the 20/625 range, contacts since age 10, and got lasik. Best $5K I've ever spent. I was in my late 30s when I got it done so they slightly undercorrected one eye to prolong my close vision.
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Confession: one of my main hesitations to buy reading glasses is that I have an affinity for expensive sunglasses. I wear them all the time and I'm guilty of not taking them off when I'm inside the grocery store or running various errands. Currently, I'm contemplating an awesomely fancy pair of purple Gucci shades that retail for $325.00.

Take those off to put on a pair of readers?! Hell no. I'll stick with my fancy shades and not be able to read. Vain.

I have an affinity for very cheap sunglasses :D considering how careless I am with them. I throw them in my purse without a case, they fall on the floor in the car several times a week, I forget they're in a pocket and sit or lean on them.

Yes! There is a particular pair of sunglasses at Target that I have been buying every 4 or 5 months for years. They're perfect and I love them and I am screwed if they ever stop carrying them.

this is why i buy my sunglasses from the dollar tree. they have one perfect pair that i buy about five of every year. i treat them terribly, so i don't even blink when they break or get scratched. just chuck 'em and grab a new pair.
  • Rabbit914
    Rabbit914 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Today is a bit of a roller coaster for me. I woke to find out that a dear friend had passed away. She was only 46 and from what I know had had a massive heart attack over the weekend. She has three young children. You never know when....

On the other side, my four year old has already started with the tooth loss. She had her first tooth come out this morning. So I am happy for her in this step in her development, but I am also very sad about my friend.

So sorry about your friend. hugs

My son is 5 and a half and doesn't even have a loose tooth. My first son lost his first tooth, I think, at 5. the 5 year old is so funny though, his big brother gives him advice on what foods to eat to help loosen his teeth, like apples. It's pretty comical to hear their conversations.
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options

Good for you! I would have done the same thing!!

• TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »

Good for you! I would have done the same thing!!

Ugh messed up the quote.

• unrelentingminx
    unrelentingminx Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    My confessions are:
    1) Flapjacks are my downfall - I can easily scoff down a whole tub (22 pieces) of 'bitesize' flapjacks in one sitting while telling myself that all those oats are good for me. Sometimes they are my entire dinner.
    2) I will happily sit down to watch 'Superfat vs Superskinny' on TV after failing to go to the gym and with a box of chocolates and fully aware of the irony.
  • KylerJaye
    Options

i'm so sorry for your loss. *hugs*
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    @pofoster21 I thought I woke up early at 5! What time do you get up?

And by the way I HIGHLY recommend Friends (TV show) it's on Netflix now and I've watched the whole series twice! It's just so funny and it always puts me in a good mood if I'm feeling blue :(

I watch that when I am on the stationary bike & need something to watch:D. My favorite character has to be Chandler for the guys & Phoebe for the girls.

Every time I run I think of the episode where Phoebe and Rachel go running. Someday, I'm just going to run like Phoebe
  • KylerJaye
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    It is almost midnight and I am waiting for my son to get home from work so I can go to bed.

The sad dad stories really got to me today.

When my dad died he was shoveling the drive way and had a heart attack. A neighbor found him. He drove me to school that morning (I was 15), when he did not pick me up, I called, and a cop answered the phone and told me he had died and to come home right away. I actually told the cop that he usually picked me up from school at the other end of town, and I did not know how to get home. His reply was that they would be there when I got there.

I ran back in the school and had a teacher drive me home. Later that day, when I went outside, his hat, eye glasses, blood and vomit were all over the drive way.

At the funeral, in true 'mother' style, she caused a big scene and picked him up out of the casket....I will never forget the crude autopsy scar on the back of his head.

I do not think I will ever fully get over that.

My best girlfriend died two and a half years ago, that was the hardest death I have dealt with other than my father's. Death really sucks!

My rodent is looking rather poor today....he is so skinny and was making a funny noise today when I was holding him. He spends all day in a puff ball in his cage with his head down, this is also what the other one did in the days before he died....I do not think it is gonna be much longer now....I am heartbroken.

On a better note, my sister and her family are coming to visit next month. They live in Indy and I only see them once every couple years......

I am sorry about your dad. That was really rough.

Are you SURE it's not time to euthanize your Degu? Ease his passage to another life?

I was thinking about that last night.....I just do not know what to do...he has periods of time where other than being skinny he seems like he is gonna be fine....and I am so scared to do something like that if he has any chance at all of making it.

This morning when I first got up to make lunch for my son, he was chewing on some wood and even got in his wheel (only for a moment though).....now he is laying down in a corner and did not even get up when I moved his cage back into the living room, which is unusual....I was scared to check if he was breathing, but he is.....

I go back and forth.....half the time I am freaking out and thinking he is ready to go anytime, and then other half the time I think he looks ok......right now I am freaking out, esp as I am ready to leave for work shortly.....

:( wishing you and the lil guy the best
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options

Me too! Glad you're feeling a little brighter today, Susie. Also, I've done exactly what you said, even to the point of not having my morning tea and waiting a little longer to do a later weigh-in to get even an extra .2lb down. Pathetic, but there are times I need to see a bit of loss. Right now I'm up 1.5lbs and growling about it.

• Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options

Oh, how awful. So sorry to hear that :(

• LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options

I'm so sorry for your loss :( Hugs! I know people make fun of YOLO but seriously it's true and you never know when your time will come, live life to the fullest for sure