Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    MissLaaber wrote: »
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    @crosbylee I'm so sorry about your friend.

@Italian_Buju I can't even imagine what you went through, my heart breaks for you. And I hope your degu gets better.

@pofoster21 What a heartbreaking story as well. So sorry

Here's a confession: My husband plays games on his iPad. His newest game is Hay Day where you virtually take care of a farm. He was gone this weekend and I picked up his iPad to look something up and an alert said "your farm animals miss you" I decided I had to look in on them. I am now hooked on Hay Day. I feel ridiculous when I play and super ridiculous admitting it.

Edited: Because I didn't want to forget anyone

I'm completely addicted to Hay Day myself. I'm on level 54 now, and I've been playing for almost a year, multiple times daily! ;)

My husband teases me about it, and whenever I have my face stuck in my tab, he'll go... "Checking on your chickens again, huh?"

No need to feel ridiculous, it's an awesome stress-reliever since it's so... Brainless? Kind of like coloring for me, both are destressors. At least, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!

Thanks, that makes me feel better! I don't know how long my husband has been playing it but he's on level 20 or 21. I checked on it this morning and almost didn't get my workout in, smh. But the good news is, I'm not mindless eating after I put my daughter to bed, I'm harvesting my crops. Still..smh

When I wake up to pray my first prayer of the day (at dawn) I tend to pick up my phone and start playing it after I pray, instead of going back to sleep. Next thing I know, the sun is up and it's time to get up, but I want to sleep more after losing two solid hours (that I could have spent sleeping) playing the game and then checking this thread! :o

For Curiosity's sake I must know when are the prayers times?

They follow the sun. For clarity, I'll give you their names first: Fajr, Dhuhr, Asr, Maghrib, and Isha. :)

In the winter, I can expect Fajr to be around 5:30 AM. Currently, it's at 3:15 AM. Fajr is the prayer that's called when the first thread of light rises over the horizon and the sky begins to lighten, and the prayer time ends as soon as the sun begins to rise.

Dhuhr is the noon prayer, which is prayed right after the sun has reached its zenith, or its highest peak in the sky. The time for Dhuhr ends when the time for Asr begins. Dhuhr is around 11:30 AM right now.

Asr time begins when the sun is at a certain position in the sky (not too sure how to explain it), and can basically be measured by the time of day when the length of the shadow of a given object is equal to the length of the object itself. Asr time ends when the sun begins to turn orange-ish, but before it starts to set. At the moment, Asr prayers begin around 3:10 PM.

Maghrib time begins as soon as the sun has set completely, but the afterglow is still visible. Maghrib time ends when the afterglow is completely gone, which is when the Isha prayer begins. Maghrib currently falls at 6:30 PM in Saudi Arabia.

Isha prayer lasts until the midway point between dusk and dawn, so currently at 10:45 PM. :)

An additional confession, I am completely ignorant of the world. I don't know much about religions, I don't pay attention to politics, I have no idea what is going on with the news, and I know next to nothing about Isis (except they blow things up and kill people). I literally have no idea when terrible things are happening in the world, as I don't read the newspaper, don't watch tv, don't pay attention to the news. It infuriates my mother that I won't vote, but I always say I won't vote when I am ignorant of the issues.

I have 3 advanced degrees, working on my 4th one, but I pay zero attention to the world. I know its shameful but I am not interested enough to change it. :(

I focus on my industry, my horses, reading and my job. Maybe one day my eyes will open and I'll become interested. Maybe. Until then I am deplorably ignorant and shallow.

Hoesntly, I was the same way until I started working the job I do (politics) since then I haqve been addicted to any information I can get. I am to the point where Geo-politics are absolutely fascinating to me.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,406 Member
    Options
    I am taking my little boy in to the vets in an hour to be put down. I know its the right thing to do, the vet agreed, yet I feel terribly guilty and still am wondering if I am making a mistake....

I know things like this get better with time, but right now it feels like my heart has been ripped out and stomped and I don't know how I will ever recover...

R.I.P. little rodent boy

Oh I'm so sorry. You are doing the right thing though. You have been a great comfort to him over the last few days I'm sure. Big hugs being sent your way. :disappointed:
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    rosehips60 wrote: »
    i hide m&m's in an old margarine container so my son and husband can't find them. I don't binge on them but I want to know they are there when i want a treat. I even count the darn things out so I can log them

I put small candy like m&m's, skittles, sour patch etc in a coffee cup, and if my kids come close I pretend to take a drink. *nonchalant*

Whenever I used to binge before losing weight I would cram a bunch of ice cream in a cup that was colored so no one could see I was eating more ice cream.

I also admit to eating frosting out of the can, sneaking pieces of cheese, & eating a lot of my Great Grandmother's Hershey Kisses at my grandma's house when I was younger.

I remember eating these milkshakes that came in a can at her house that you would have to put in the microwave for a few seconds to thaw. Does anyone remember the brand name?

i had something similar to that when i was a kid. my grandma would buy them from the schwann's delivery guy, a few seconds in the microwave and it was like a cup of soft serve. oooohhh i miss those....
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I am taking my little boy in to the vets in an hour to be put down. I know its the right thing to do, the vet agreed, yet I feel terribly guilty and still am wondering if I am making a mistake....

I know things like this get better with time, but right now it feels like my heart has been ripped out and stomped and I don't know how I will ever recover...

R.I.P. little rodent boy

I'm so sorry :( my degus were wild and nowhere as awesome as yours.
  • xMrBunglex
    xMrBunglex Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options

R.I.P. little rodent boy

I know it's hard, but you are doing the right thing. He will thank you when you see him down the road.

• KylerJaye
    Options
    2wise4u wrote: »
    My primary motivation for working out is to eat more food. :blush: The cardio benefits are great but I'm being honest.

And I'm afraid to weigh myself because I sometimes binge on the weekends and late nights when I'm bored so the weight fluctuations would destroy my motivation to work out.

I sometimes hide snacks in my desk at work.

I don't always log foods accurately.

I'm a work in progress but I'm committed to working out 5 days a week and I'm trying to fix my previous bad behavior (diet coke addiction and consuming copious amounts of sweets) by drinking water (or tea) only, filling up with fiber and trying to sneak more green leafy things into my diet.

totally. i really want to lose weight, but i still have a need to stuff my face.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,406 Member
    Options
    Apologies for the binge posting, but I am now caught up. I tried doing the multi-quote thing once before, so there was only one post from me, but then i lost all the posts i quoted and replied to before i could hit send.

Gonna ask you all for a little advice. I go to the gym daily and mostly i tend to do cardio (treadmill) stuff, because i really like the high calorie burns my HRM gives me. But i need to do some strength stuff. I don't really know where to start and i'm too shy to ask. I thought I'd buy the NROLFW and see if i could do that. What do you think? What do you guys do?

Hello! I'm so sorry I missed this post! I started on NROLFW and I did the first stage, which was fine, but when I got to the second stage, I kind of felt like I had taken a step back because I had to learn a whole new set of moves and I didn't know how heavy I could start the weights with, so I gave up. I'm now on Strong Lifts 5x5 which is SOOOO much simpler! Only 5 exercises and you feel like you are progressing every gym session! Depends how confident you are in the gym. I felt like a complete idiot because I was trying moves I had never done before with the New Rules. The book is good for general information about strength training though, so you could still get the book and then decide? I wouldn't say the book was a waste of money. I regret nothing.
  • KylerJaye
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    I wanted to throw my two cents in re GoT. I loved the books and the series does not do it justice. I refused to watch the series for three seasons but then hubby (who hasn't read the books) said it was time. I am livid that story lines are being left out and, in the case of this season, are being changed all together. But I guess you have to make concessions when you are trying to cram a 700 page book into 10 one hour episodes.
    In our house we call GoT 'Sex and Stabbing', because that covers about 90% of it.
    LMAO :)

Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Although this season (I've only watched the first three episodes) seems to be lots of boring talk.
    ...from 'Sex and Stabbing'... to 'Syllables and Snoring'... but always -- Sinister Secrets and Surreptitious Sabotage (because GoT isn't GoT without Serpentine Storytelling, Stunning Surprises, and Stymied Starks)... ;)

(...hey, someone should do a GoT version of the 'Got Milk?' campaign (as promotional bits for the show) -- except instead of milk, it'd be blood (Got GoT? (<--- it ends up being a multi-layered pun, to boot (bonus!)))... ;) )

every time you post, the instant image that pops in my head is V from V for Vendetta. do you own a cape? you should wear a cape :)
  • KylerJaye
    Options

R.I.P. little rodent boy

sending you love <3
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options

R.I.P. little rodent boy

I'm so so so sorry for you and your little friend :(:( sending hugs and love you way today
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Apologies for the binge posting, but I am now caught up. I tried doing the multi-quote thing once before, so there was only one post from me, but then i lost all the posts i quoted and replied to before i could hit send.

Gonna ask you all for a little advice. I go to the gym daily and mostly i tend to do cardio (treadmill) stuff, because i really like the high calorie burns my HRM gives me. But i need to do some strength stuff. I don't really know where to start and i'm too shy to ask. I thought I'd buy the NROLFW and see if i could do that. What do you think? What do you guys do?

Hello! I'm so sorry I missed this post! I started on NROLFW and I did the first stage, which was fine, but when I got to the second stage, I kind of felt like I had taken a step back because I had to learn a whole new set of moves and I didn't know how heavy I could start the weights with, so I gave up. I'm now on Strong Lifts 5x5 which is SOOOO much simpler! Only 5 exercises and you feel like you are progressing every gym session! Depends how confident you are in the gym. I felt like a complete idiot because I was trying moves I had never done before with the New Rules. The book is good for general information about strength training though, so you could still get the book and then decide? I wouldn't say the book was a waste of money. I regret nothing.

I did download the stronglift app, but i don't really get it.....?
  • MissKalhan
    Options

R.I.P. little rodent boy

I am so sorry to hear this :( Losing a family member is never easy <3
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    Min
    ohgeeque wrote: »
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    I confess that I need to quit smoking and I will - but I keep changing the weight at which I'm going to do it.

My weight loss is going great and I don't want to mess that up.
    I am right there with you. I keep telling myself it is better to have one success than two failures (although, technically my many attempts at quitting have led to may failures).

It is still on the schedule but the starting date has been pushed back. Again. To 135.

Mine was when I was in the 190's now it's been pushed to the 170's.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »

I did download the stronglift app, but i don't really get it.....?

Lol it confuses me too. I need it dumbed down.
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options

R.I.P. little rodent boy

Thinking of you today. You're doing the right thing.
  • MissKalhan
    Options
    Today I've realized that I have what I call "Scary Numbers" when I hit a certain number on the scale I seem to freak out and then binge eat/treat my body like a waste disposal. The same is also for my savings account, I feel like my sub-conscious has decided we aren't allowed to succeed anymore.
  • DudeistPriest
    DudeistPriest Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I covet my neighbors cheese cake...
  • IamMicah
    IamMicah Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    "Tubbs216 wrote: »
    ME TOO! I'm desperate for some. Also I want a beehive. The latter is allowed where we are, but we don't have a very big yard and I don't think our neighbours would like it much. I also want goats.

We keep bees on our property and it's pretty awesome. We had a nice honey harvest last year with 4 hives, so we expanded to 8 this year. They're all pretty active; so far, so good!

I would love to have goats! And chickens!
    I have 4 hives and a Nuc Split this year... My plan was to get a single hive. Now Im collecting swarms and doing a trapout on a friends home. Sadly Ive become more addicted to their incredible beehavior and fascinating daily activities.

• Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options

R.I.P. little rodent boy

Hugs to you. :'(

• girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options

R.I.P. little rodent boy

I am so sorry. I am sure it's the right thing xx