Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Talkradio wrote: »
    I'm desperately behind, but I wanted to check in and say hi.

I found out on Saturday that my dad most likely has cancer. He also was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. The prognosis is good, but he will be having surgery in the next few weeks to remove the tumors.

Obviously, I'm kind of a wreck right now. :(

I'm sorry :( Best wishes for his surgery.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    @Q^@^ forum.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options

I found out on Saturday that my dad most likely has cancer. He also was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. The prognosis is good, but he will be having surgery in the next few weeks to remove the tumors.

Oof. Sorry to hear it. Cancer sucks. I hope the surgery is successful.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options

Sorry to hear this. Sending positive thoughts your way :smile:
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    caddir wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    And luckily, she always offers the uneaten bits to our boyfriend first, and he rarely says no, so I don't embarrass myself with a hoover impression (however much i might want to).

Is this a typo or a reference to some boyfriend-sharing scheme? Like, are you confessing to being a member of a harem? Lol.

not a typo. We are a closed polyamorous triad. Wasn't intended to be a confession lol. Definitely not a harem. The first line of my post references my girlfriend.

Good for you coming out on a site like this. I was part of a triad once, for a little while and it didn't work for me, but I know some people who are really happy. Honesty is the key thing. :smiley:

My cousin is in a very long term polyamorous triad but had apparently tried to keep it quiet from the family (who tend towards the religious). Funniest conversation I ever had was with him. By way of background, my whole extended family is in the USA, I was born and grew up in Australia. In 2009 I went to the States for a year and caught up with the family. Said cousin picked me up from his mum's house where I was staying and we were driving up to his place. In the car on the way:

Him: So, I've spoken with the girls and we decided that we could let you in on something. Xxxx is not really yyyy and my flatmate, we're all in a relationship and have been for a really long time.

Me: .... yeah, I know.

Him: WHAT? How did you know?

Me: My mum told me.

Him: How the heck does your mom know????

Me: Your mum told her!

Him: MY MOM DOESN'T KNOW!!!??

Me: Dude... I'm from halfway around the world and even *I* knew. it's cool. No one cares.

I confess I am fascinated by this. I have many questions. I shall refrain.

About polyamory? Feel free, or privately if you'd prefer

Ok here goes. So do you all live together? And if so do you all have your own room or all share one room/bed or 2 or mix it up? Do you do everything together or is it like today is date night with so and so so the 3rd one stays home. And with the s*x is it all 3 or some mixture of two spontaneously or preplanned? I can't imagine this would work for me. I think you would have to be pretty confident in yourself and your partners to do this...all my insecurities would be front and center.

I have read about those guys with lots of wives in different houses but the women don't have a relationship with each other (I don't think). I never met or knew anyone in this kind of a relationship. I imagine girl/girl/guy combinations must be more common than boy/boy/girl.

The guys with lots of wives and where they have no relationship is polygamy and usually driven by religious beliefs (fundamental Mormons; Muslims). Polyamory is not the same thing.

The most common forms of Polyamory are 'hinge' relationships, where A is in a relationship with B, who is in a relationship with C. There is no relationship between A and C, except maybe as friends. In a triad, all of the people are involved with each other. The nature of involvement depends on the individuals.

So for us (and we're considered unusual): we do live together. We live most of the time in 'their ' house in London (where we all work), and weekends in 'my' house in Devon. We split chores according to skills and likes. Finances are individual and we all contribute to bills/group expenses/leisure.

We share a bedroom. In both Houses we have a 9ft bed (single and double together), so we all have space to sleep, and it allows for different mattress preferences. We have found we don't like sleeping apart, it's feels weird. So even in hotels we'll rearrange the beds so they are together. We did have a holiday cottage at new year where one person had to be in a separate room, we all agreed it felt wrong. My girlfriend and I usually take turns to sleep in the middle, she usually has it on weekdays. Because she's last to get up, and I'm in the middle on weekends.

In our relationship there are actually 4 relationship, one between each 'couple", and an overarching relationship between the three of us. We try to balance all of them, because if any one person is off kilter, all the relationships are affected. So each two will spend time doing things together, maybe go out for dinner, or veg out in front of the TV, and the third will indulge in some guilt free me time, it tends to be spontaneous most of the time. But we do have planned in the diary every 3 months couples dinners, because we think it's important that those relationships are nurtured and by planning, they don't get forgotten in the melee of daily life.

We all have our individual hobbies and interests and it's important to us that we all have time for those too, because it's what contributes to us being the people we are.

We have a set dinner once a month as a three. That's a kind of check in, make sure we're all OK, discuss any relationship issues or concerns or anything, before it blows up hugely. Generally we do things as a three, so trips, days out, parties , we all do together, we plan things for weekends for all of us.

Sex: (it's what you all really wanna know, right?) sex works in any and all combinations, as twos or three, depending on who is around, awake and in the mood. We have differing levels of sex drive, and different body clocks - my boyfriend and I are night owls, my girlfriend is a lark. She falls asleep early. We're awake. I go to my house one weekend a month on my own (space and time for me and for them - my choice). Sex is a mixture of preplanned and spontaneous (preplanned as in, when we all get home tonight let's go to bed and f?!(@, or someone is out at their club tonight, shall we go to bed!) but it's mostly spontaneous, and mostly the three of us, but no issues if one is not in the mood/tired whatever.

We do all have insecurities and envy (which we define differently to jealousy) and we've learned we need to talk about those things when they arise, don't let them sit and fester until exploding, because by then it will all be out of proportion and dealing with the fall out is draining. Hence why we have preplanned dinners, so no one has to say they have a problem (unless they want to). we work hard on our relationships and have had to learn different communication skills. Listening skills and to be very explicit in saying what we need/want because we need to avoid misinterpretation and miscommunication, most of our big fights boiled down to misunderstandings. Things tend to go downhill when we stop paying attention and take it for granted , which is no different to monogamous relationships.

Feel free to add any follow up questions :)

Thanks so much for sharing!
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Oh btw, for anyone wondering. I got a job offer this morning. It's going to be amazing walking out of this place in a couple of weeks with my paycheck, and 100 hours of vacation time in a check too. WOOT WOOT

Awesome!

Not much of a confession here... I woke up hungry but not wanting to eat anything, and somehow ended up making myself a pizza at 10am, and finishing off with some special K pastry crisps with hazelnut gelato. Should still be in my calories for today though!

Love the new profile pic!
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,716 Member
    Options

Oh no! I'm so sorry! Try to hang in there and feel free to vent here. Wishing him a speedy recovery!
  • kellienw335
    Options
    I binged a few times last week and still somehow lost weight. Then I convinced myself that I could do that now, and ate like crap for the past few days. 2 pounds later and I feel so dumb for thinking I could lose weight while eating 500 calories more than I'm supposed to, but at least the weight will come back off.

I also stopped taking my birth control because it was making it harder for me to lose weight. Luckily I don't have any need to be on it as of now, but it still felt a little desperate.

I also only record my weight when it's under the last recording so I don't feel bad about gaining a few pounds every once in a while.

I also don't have a plan of what to do when I reach my goal weight. I want to maintain, but it'll take some experimentation to see how it turns out.

God, I have a lot of confessions...

There are a lot of people on here, myself included, that only record a new low, so you're in good company!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

Oh, no. Prayers for your dad!
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    MrsMizart wrote: »
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    Ceci_O_K wrote: »
    Confession #1 It really wasn't a typo. My 2 1/2 year old is a sponge these days. Last week, my daughter, my dog and I were going outside to play and the dog was hopping around like crazy because, well, she's crazy. So I threw her frisbee in the yard to get her out of the way & she jumped right up the 5 foot rock retaining wall. I said "holy crap". Guess what the next 2 words out of my daughters mouth were. I'm really watching my language now

When my daughter was about that age, we were looking out the window and our dog ran by. She said, "Where the hell does he think he's going?!" To which her dad replied, "Wonder where the hell she got that from." You definitely have to be careful, everything will be repeated, many times, at the most inopportune moments.

It's funny how moments like that stand out in my memory. She's 21 now!

Yep. Told my son we could not stop for ice cream on the way to day care (7:45am) the other day and he stared forlornly out the window. Under his breath, barely audible, I heard, "Dammit."

My language when I'm in the car can be *ahem* salty. When my son was like 3 I was relaying a story to my husband about another idiot driver and my son pipes up, "That guy was a douche, right mom?" I still struggle with my car language and he's 9 now.

That's hilarious!

Daughters aged roughly three and six. Car cut me up. I bit my lip. Youngest one piped up "F*** h***!". I cringed, mortified. About to remonstrate when eldest said "No! You don't say that." Relief swept through me. Then eldest continued, "...You say 'Oh f***ing h***'". Mortification complete.

This made me laugh so hard! The car is the worst place to try to hold your tongue, sometimes it just slips out.

• MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options

Sending lots of love your way!
  • kecmw25
    Options
    <
    My avatar is of the lightsaber I built a couple of weeks ago, HAPPY STAR WARS DAY!

Happy May the 4th to you!!
  • kecmw25
    Options

Understandedly so. I'm very sorry for what you're going through right now. Prayers for you and your dad

• LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »

Sorry to hear this. Sending positive thoughts your way :smile:

Positive vibes for you and your family!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    MrsMizart wrote: »
    Ceci_O_K wrote: »
    Confession #1 It really wasn't a typo. My 2 1/2 year old is a sponge these days. Last week, my daughter, my dog and I were going outside to play and the dog was hopping around like crazy because, well, she's crazy. So I threw her frisbee in the yard to get her out of the way & she jumped right up the 5 foot rock retaining wall. I said "holy crap". Guess what the next 2 words out of my daughters mouth were. I'm really watching my language now

When my daughter was about that age, we were looking out the window and our dog ran by. She said, "Where the hell does he think he's going?!" To which her dad replied, "Wonder where the hell she got that from." You definitely have to be careful, everything will be repeated, many times, at the most inopportune moments.

It's funny how moments like that stand out in my memory. She's 21 now!

Yep. Told my son we could not stop for ice cream on the way to day care (7:45am) the other day and he stared forlornly out the window. Under his breath, barely audible, I heard, "Dammit."

My language when I'm in the car can be *ahem* salty. When my son was like 3 I was relaying a story to my husband about another idiot driver and my son pipes up, "That guy was a douche, right mom?" I still struggle with my car language and he's 9 now.

That's hilarious!

Daughters aged roughly three and six. Car cut me up. I bit my lip. Youngest one piped up "F*** h***!". I cringed, mortified. About to remonstrate when eldest said "No! You don't say that." Relief swept through me. Then eldest continued, "...You say 'Oh f***ing h***'". Mortification complete.

This made me laugh so hard! The car is the worst place to try to hold your tongue, sometimes it just slips out.

LOVE IT- Thanks for the Monday laugh!
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    @Talkradio so sorry about your Dad. :(
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    @Talkradio so sorry to hear that. I lost my Dad to cancer, so I know how tough it is. Hope he fights it off.
  • kellienw335
    Options
    There's this place here that sells Chinese pastries and bubble tea, and I crave it all the time. Right now I want one of their red bean paste dumplings and a big almond or coconut bubble tea. But last night I had a dream that I had the best ice cream cone in the history of ice cream cones. I think it was cookies and cream and it rendered me speechless (I literally forgot everything going around me in my dream and just wandered around, confused and eating my ice cream). So if there's something like that around here, I would very much enjoy that.

Ok, so I had to LOL here! Your last post was about not being able to buy something on Modcloth because you weren't using English characters. You made a very funny comment about not using Chinese...fast forward to your next post and it starts with Chinese pastries! Too much funny!
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options

I am so sorry! I hope the surgery goes well and tell him to stay positive. I truly believe a positive attitude helps. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    <
    My avatar is of the lightsaber I built a couple of weeks ago, HAPPY STAR WARS DAY!

I came on this thread at work specifically to say "May the fourth be with you AOJ!". Okay...back to work.