Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    I've gained a ton of weight lately. Now, when I work out, my thighs jiggle and rub causing me to sweat a lot in places I'd rather not. Anyhow, it's not a pleasant feeling, nor a pleasant smell. Kinda like I need deodorant for my upper, inner thighs? This is gross, but you can't judge!

They make a runner's gel (cannot remember for the life of me what it's called) that helps with the chafing and the smell.

Thank you!! I did not know, but I will look it up right now. Thanks again!!

Failing that, intimate lubricants, such as KY jelly will do the job
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,409 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    MissLaaber wrote: »
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    @crosbylee I'm so sorry about your friend.

@Italian_Buju I can't even imagine what you went through, my heart breaks for you. And I hope your degu gets better.

@pofoster21 What a heartbreaking story as well. So sorry

Here's a confession: My husband plays games on his iPad. His newest game is Hay Day where you virtually take care of a farm. He was gone this weekend and I picked up his iPad to look something up and an alert said "your farm animals miss you" I decided I had to look in on them. I am now hooked on Hay Day. I feel ridiculous when I play and super ridiculous admitting it.

Edited: Because I didn't want to forget anyone

I'm completely addicted to Hay Day myself. I'm on level 54 now, and I've been playing for almost a year, multiple times daily! ;)

My husband teases me about it, and whenever I have my face stuck in my tab, he'll go... "Checking on your chickens again, huh?"

No need to feel ridiculous, it's an awesome stress-reliever since it's so... Brainless? Kind of like coloring for me, both are destressors. At least, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!

Thanks, that makes me feel better! I don't know how long my husband has been playing it but he's on level 20 or 21. I checked on it this morning and almost didn't get my workout in, smh. But the good news is, I'm not mindless eating after I put my daughter to bed, I'm harvesting my crops. Still..smh

When I wake up to pray my first prayer of the day (at dawn) I tend to pick up my phone and start playing it after I pray, instead of going back to sleep. Next thing I know, the sun is up and it's time to get up, but I want to sleep more after losing two solid hours (that I could have spent sleeping) playing the game and then checking this thread! :o

For Curiosity's sake I must know when are the prayers times?

They follow the sun. For clarity, I'll give you their names first: Fajr, Dhuhr, Asr, Maghrib, and Isha. :)

In the winter, I can expect Fajr to be around 5:30 AM. Currently, it's at 3:15 AM. Fajr is the prayer that's called when the first thread of light rises over the horizon and the sky begins to lighten, and the prayer time ends as soon as the sun begins to rise.

Dhuhr is the noon prayer, which is prayed right after the sun has reached its zenith, or its highest peak in the sky. The time for Dhuhr ends when the time for Asr begins. Dhuhr is around 11:30 AM right now.

Asr time begins when the sun is at a certain position in the sky (not too sure how to explain it), and can basically be measured by the time of day when the length of the shadow of a given object is equal to the length of the object itself. Asr time ends when the sun begins to turn orange-ish, but before it starts to set. At the moment, Asr prayers begin around 3:10 PM.

Maghrib time begins as soon as the sun has set completely, but the afterglow is still visible. Maghrib time ends when the afterglow is completely gone, which is when the Isha prayer begins. Maghrib currently falls at 6:30 PM in Saudi Arabia.

Isha prayer lasts until the midway point between dusk and dawn, so currently at 10:45 PM. :)

Thank you for explaining! I've always wondered but never knew how to properly bring it up without being offensive, errr if I offended you. SORRY! :)

Don't apologize! The reason so many people know so little about Islam is because they're so afraid of offending Muslims by asking. :o You're welcome to ask anything that you'd like to know, and I'm always glad to share information. The more we know about each other's cultures, religions, and customs, the less hate there would be between us all, don't you agree? :)

I agree whole heartedly! I'm always curious about world religions, I grew up Roman Catholic so our traditions are pretty basic in my opinion haha.
    I feel like part of the problem is this whole fear mongering situation with ISIS etc BUT I won't open that can of worms :)

I get so mad when it comes to ISIS and their un-Islamic, evil, twisted form of ruling. They're what the world immediately thinks of when the word "Muslim" comes up nowadays AND I HATE THAT SO MUCH. :'( And I have to admit that I bear a hefty amount of resentment towards the Saudi government for the same reason... All idiots, and all representing the millions and millions of Muslims worldwide. Just so.. UGH. -_-

You. I respect. You're so correct!

And I'm not even a liberal Muslim! ;) (I hate that term) But seriously, I feel like everyone thinks that only the so-called liberal Muslims think that ISIS are evil. :-/ My mother-in-law is a Deen (Islamic Studies) teacher, and she knows they're evil and condemns them. My sister is an extremely religious Muslim who covers her face, and she knows it, too, and condemns them. I'm a fully practicing, covering Muslim and I condemn them with every iota of my being, along with any other act of terrorism. Muslims aren't evil, and it makes me sad that so many people don't know that almost exclusively because of stupid ISIS and the idiotic Saudi government. :(

Star fact: ISIS is now blowing up Muslim mosques here in Saudi Arabia. The one they tried to blow up last Friday is thirty minutes away from my house. Because apparently they don't like their definition of Islam. :-/

That has to be so frightening for you sometimes. Be safe!

It's horribly scary to me, because my husband attends Friday prayers at the mosque every week. :( So far, they've blown up one mosque and two guys died keeping the suicide bomber out of the one they attempted last Friday, saving everyone else in the process.

We're being as safe as we can! :)

That sounds super scary and stressful. I am Catholic and I can't imagine feeling that kind of stress during confession or Mass. I'm just...I don't know. It's so different and I want everyone to be able to pray and worship without fear. I'm praying for you if that's OK.

All prayers are good prayers, we all believe in the same God. :)
  • orangesmartie
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    My confessions are:
    1) Flapjacks are my downfall - I can easily scoff down a whole tub (22 pieces) of 'bitesize' flapjacks in one sitting while telling myself that all those oats are good for me. Sometimes they are my entire dinner.
    2) I will happily sit down to watch 'Superfat vs Superskinny' on TV after failing to go to the gym and with a box of chocolates and fully aware of the irony.

i always thought flapjacks were pancakes.
    then i got a lil packet of flapjacks in a graze snack box. hooked. instantly.
    SAME! They're my favorite of the snacks in my Graze boxes!!
    Proper Flapjacks: http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1148640/yummy-golden-syrup-flapjacks
    If in Canada, I think Superstore/Loblaws sells golden syrup (Tate & Lyle's in the green and gold tin). If you can't find it, don't bother making - nothing else comes close.

I've also seen it at Bulk Barn.

Now I miss Golden Syrup. May have to pick up a tin. There's nothing like sugar on toast!
    So yeah, thanks for the sabotage everyone. I now have flapjacks baking. (Why, yes, I did happen to have golden syrup in the pantry, why do you ask?) :| Probably haven't made them since Miss Hartley's Home Economics class 30 years ago, so I'll let you know how they turn out.

If you are using the BBC Good Food recipe (yes, I saved it), what variety of oatmeal are you using for "porridge oats"? Regular, quick, instant, steel cut, "Scotch", "Irish"???

For a friend. Yeah. Just in case my friend wants to make it...
    Tell your 'friend' that I just used quick-cook oats, and they are amazing! Having one with my afternoon tea right now. I added raisins. :)

chocolate chips may or may not be added. Ir crushed up crunchie bars. or cherries.
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    I did go to the gym. Am now home in a foul snappy mood, God knows why.

Oh and I ate two pop tarts on the way home. When I knew the casserole in the slow cooker would be ready. Go me! /Sarcasm

Oh dear... TOM? I get rally pissed off at the world the day or so before. I bite everyone's heads off. I used to cry hysterically before. Now I just get in a total rage. I have to step away when I do that. I can hear it on calls and I have even gotten off my horses in the past when I realized I was in a foul mood because of that, as I have ZERO patience. I get over it in a day or so.

No, I don't have TOM, as I'm on the injection to spare me all the pain and mess, although I wish I had it to blame binges/moods on

Neither do I. I had a procedure done years ago to eliminate all of that nonsense, but I do still get the mood swings. I ignore them because I refuse to let them control me, but if I really pay attention I could still tell when during the month it should be happening. Just to say, blame the moods anyway!

Yanno, i have been wondering recently if i still had the hormonal surges that would result in the moods/food cravings and kinda dismissed it as yet another excuse, but as you've said you experience, maybe there is something in it.

I'm on the injection (depo) and I definitely still get the hormonal surges. Excessive hunger, carb cravings, depression, and even pimples (ugh).
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    1,600 new posts.

Yep, sorry folks... not going to be able to catch up on all of those :tongue: I FINALLY quit a job that has been killing me for the past two years, and now I want to stay completely clear of restaurants (working there, that is). My work visa is expiring since I'm about to graduate, and now I feel somewhat free! Now it's time for me to apply for another work visa :neutral:

That's great! Good for you!!
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    I confess that I watched the sixth season premiere of Pretty Little Liars last night & want to know who the 'supposed' big A is already!

Me too! I'm not sure why I'm still hooked on that show.. I get so frustrated that it's dragging on and on but I still need to watch!
  • orangesmartie
    Options
    Apologies for the binge posting, but I am now caught up. I tried doing the multi-quote thing once before, so there was only one post from me, but then i lost all the posts i quoted and replied to before i could hit send.

Gonna ask you all for a little advice. I go to the gym daily and mostly i tend to do cardio (treadmill) stuff, because i really like the high calorie burns my HRM gives me. But i need to do some strength stuff. I don't really know where to start and i'm too shy to ask. I thought I'd buy the NROLFW and see if i could do that. What do you think? What do you guys do?
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options

@Italian_Buju I can't even imagine what you went through, my heart breaks for you. And I hope your degu gets better.

Here's a confession: My husband plays games on his iPad. His newest game is Hay Day where you virtually take care of a farm. He was gone this weekend and I picked up his iPad to look something up and an alert said "your farm animals miss you" I decided I had to look in on them. I am now hooked on Hay Day. I feel ridiculous when I play and super ridiculous admitting it.

I'm completely addicted to Hay Day myself. I'm on level 54 now, and I've been playing for almost a year, multiple times daily! ;)

My husband teases me about it, and whenever I have my face stuck in my tab, he'll go... "Checking on your chickens again, huh?"

No need to feel ridiculous, it's an awesome stress-reliever since it's so... Brainless? Kind of like coloring for me, both are destressors. At least, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!

Thanks, that makes me feel better! I don't know how long my husband has been playing it but he's on level 20 or 21. I checked on it this morning and almost didn't get my workout in, smh. But the good news is, I'm not mindless eating after I put my daughter to bed, I'm harvesting my crops. Still..smh

When I wake up to pray my first prayer of the day (at dawn) I tend to pick up my phone and start playing it after I pray, instead of going back to sleep. Next thing I know, the sun is up and it's time to get up, but I want to sleep more after losing two solid hours (that I could have spent sleeping) playing the game and then checking this thread! :o

They follow the sun. For clarity, I'll give you their names first: Fajr, Dhuhr, Asr, Maghrib, and Isha. :)

In the winter, I can expect Fajr to be around 5:30 AM. Currently, it's at 3:15 AM. Fajr is the prayer that's called when the first thread of light rises over the horizon and the sky begins to lighten, and the prayer time ends as soon as the sun begins to rise.

Dhuhr is the noon prayer, which is prayed right after the sun has reached its zenith, or its highest peak in the sky. The time for Dhuhr ends when the time for Asr begins. Dhuhr is around 11:30 AM right now.

Asr time begins when the sun is at a certain position in the sky (not too sure how to explain it), and can basically be measured by the time of day when the length of the shadow of a given object is equal to the length of the object itself. Asr time ends when the sun begins to turn orange-ish, but before it starts to set. At the moment, Asr prayers begin around 3:10 PM.

Maghrib time begins as soon as the sun has set completely, but the afterglow is still visible. Maghrib time ends when the afterglow is completely gone, which is when the Isha prayer begins. Maghrib currently falls at 6:30 PM in Saudi Arabia.

Isha prayer lasts until the midway point between dusk and dawn, so currently at 10:45 PM. :)

Thank you for explaining! I've always wondered but never knew how to properly bring it up without being offensive, errr if I offended you. SORRY! :)

Don't apologize! The reason so many people know so little about Islam is because they're so afraid of offending Muslims by asking. :o You're welcome to ask anything that you'd like to know, and I'm always glad to share information. The more we know about each other's cultures, religions, and customs, the less hate there would be between us all, don't you agree? :)

I agree whole heartedly! I'm always curious about world religions, I grew up Roman Catholic so our traditions are pretty basic in my opinion haha.
    I feel like part of the problem is this whole fear mongering situation with ISIS etc BUT I won't open that can of worms :)

I get so mad when it comes to ISIS and their un-Islamic, evil, twisted form of ruling. They're what the world immediately thinks of when the word "Muslim" comes up nowadays AND I HATE THAT SO MUCH. :'( And I have to admit that I bear a hefty amount of resentment towards the Saudi government for the same reason... All idiots, and all representing the millions and millions of Muslims worldwide. Just so.. UGH. -_-

I think (and hope) there's more people who are open minded and the whole world does not think like that. I think as with ISIS extremists ruining it for the majority of peaceful Muslims, I think the vocal minority of what are essentially just hate filled racists, in many countries, also ruin it for the tolerant majority who in no way think like that.

The #I'llridewithyou story recently in Australia was a really touching example of this.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,409 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    My confessions are:
    1) Flapjacks are my downfall - I can easily scoff down a whole tub (22 pieces) of 'bitesize' flapjacks in one sitting while telling myself that all those oats are good for me. Sometimes they are my entire dinner.
    2) I will happily sit down to watch 'Superfat vs Superskinny' on TV after failing to go to the gym and with a box of chocolates and fully aware of the irony.

I do the second part of your confession too. I know the week's worth of food in the tube at the beginning is supposed to be off-putting, but more often than not I find myself thinking, 'ooh I'd love a plate of chips right now.'

I was totally going to mention my latest adventure with chips, until I remembered "chips" would be our "fries", and our chips would be "crisps" (thank you Peppa Pig lmao). Total reading comprehension fail there. (Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong too lol.) :laugh:

I'm completely confused because I meant chips as in fries (I'm British). Brain fail.

That's what I meant lol, I was going to talk about my adventure/fail with chips, until I remembered you were British and "chips" here would be "crisps" to you and "fries" here are "chips" there. My coffee hasn't kicked in yet apparently lol.
    Now I feel like an *kitten* :disappointed:

The brain fail referred to myself, not you of course! I think we both got lost in translation.

I think so too lol!

I really want chips (FRIES!) now...

with cheese on......

and baked beans. CHEESY CHIPS AND BEANS! My standard school lunch for... oh, 5 years. Things are starting to make sense in hindsight. lol
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    Leomommy76 wrote: »
    I am pretty new to this site. I am trying to lose 15 pounds. I have never been a healthy eater but I am proud to say that for the past 2 weeks I've really stuck to my guns. I only cheated once with half a Cinnabon with my daughter *She's 14 and is a XC runner so she can obviously afford it! I've stuck to only water (vs my reg Coke daily) and I've baked all my dishes instead of frying. I've switched to vegetables (steamed, roasted and sometimes sauteed) and have really been conscience of what I eat. I haven't seen the results I would like to see :( I've also included exercise such as Zumba and fast pace walking. And I also take the stairs every chance I get.. (I work on the 11th floor and I come up the stairs at least 3 times daily). .... Can anyone suggest anything else I can do :( I get on the scale and feel so disappointed. Since I started, I've only lost 2 pounds. Any help please? thank you all!

Good for you for making healthy changes. I hate to be boring, but 2 pounds in 2 weeks sounds pretty good to me, especially if you don't have much to lose to begin with (15 pounds isn't a huge amount of weight). Slow and steady wins the race I'm afraid. Good luck to you!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    I confess that I watched the sixth season premiere of Pretty Little Liars last night & want to know who the 'supposed' big A is already!

Me too! I'm not sure why I'm still hooked on that show.. I get so frustrated that it's dragging on and on but I still need to watch!

I got angry after last season and cut myself off cold turkey- they've dragged it out way too long I can't handle it!
  • unrelentingminx
    unrelentingminx Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    My confessions are:

I get a weekly graze snackbox but have had to swap my subscription to the light box because I used to select 'send soon' on all the flapjack and chocolate snacks. Way too easy to eat. The light box only has snacks that are less than 150 calories so are much easier to fit into my daily allowance.
  • orangesmartie
    Options
    My confessions are:

I get a weekly graze snackbox but have had to swap my subscription to the light box because I used to select 'send soon' on all the flapjack and chocolate snacks. Way too easy to eat. The light box only has snacks that are less than 150 calories so are much easier to fit into my daily allowance.

I get a flapjack box one week and a light box the next, so i have alternates. And the plan is that there are 4 snacks, one for each day that i work (i only work 4 days a week). I have now started saving the flapjacks til after my gym session. Because my other half doesn't go to the gym until 7pm, we often don't eat until 9...so i would be starving otherwise.
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    I did go to the gym. Am now home in a foul snappy mood, God knows why.

Oh and I ate two pop tarts on the way home. When I knew the casserole in the slow cooker would be ready. Go me! /Sarcasm

Oh dear... TOM? I get rally pissed off at the world the day or so before. I bite everyone's heads off. I used to cry hysterically before. Now I just get in a total rage. I have to step away when I do that. I can hear it on calls and I have even gotten off my horses in the past when I realized I was in a foul mood because of that, as I have ZERO patience. I get over it in a day or so.

No, I don't have TOM, as I'm on the injection to spare me all the pain and mess, although I wish I had it to blame binges/moods on

Neither do I. I had a procedure done years ago to eliminate all of that nonsense, but I do still get the mood swings. I ignore them because I refuse to let them control me, but if I really pay attention I could still tell when during the month it should be happening. Just to say, blame the moods anyway!

Yanno, i have been wondering recently if i still had the hormonal surges that would result in the moods/food cravings and kinda dismissed it as yet another excuse, but as you've said you experience, maybe there is something in it.

I'm on the injection (depo) and I definitely still get the hormonal surges. Excessive hunger, carb cravings, depression, and even pimples (ugh).

Wow, THIS got flagged as spam? I must have spammy pimples. ;)
  • spamarie
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    I have been asked multiple times if I'm pregnant. I respond, "No, I'm just fat."

I laugh to play down the comment, but really, it hurts my feelings. I'm trying to lose midsection weight, but it's really hard to do once it's there.

Next time, just look at them, blank faced, and say, "wow, you must be really embarrassed that you just said that out loud."

I love that response so much! I wish I were that quick-thinking. I find people lose their intimacy filter in general towards pregnant women. If anyone tries touching my belly uninvited, I will touch theirs back and see how they like it. Or perhaps invite them to fondle my husbands testes, since they also played an important part in this pregnancy.
  • Susieq_1994
    Options

I think (and hope) there's more people who are open minded and the whole world does not think like that. I think as with ISIS extremists ruining it for the majority of peaceful Muslims, I think the vocal minority of what are essentially just hate filled racists, in many countries, also ruin it for the tolerant majority who in no way think like that.

The #I'llridewithyou story recently in Australia was a really touching example of this.

And yet, #I'llRideWithYou was triggered by the abuse and hatred showered on Muslims in Australia during that time. :( There's good with the bad, but you have to admit that there's a lot of bad.

But I do agree with you. A recent event that I found touching was the armed bikers in Arizona who decided to go to a mosque and insult/revile the Muslims there during their Maghrib prayer time--and then people showed up to SUPPORT the Muslims and form a protective circle around the mosque, and there were more of them then there were protesters. :)
  • spamarie
    Options
    I started gymnastics classes three weeks ago. I'm a 38 year old male. I now ache all the time! In my smallish town the next oldest gymnastics student is 17.

That is cool! I have thought about starting ballet but figured I would be the only one over 4' in the class! Good for you! I also cannot do any kind of gymnastics. I literally don't bend! Sooooo inflexible. Sucks.

Do it, do it, do it! I danced my whole childhood, then stopped aged 18 when I moved house, went to uni etc. Then aged 27 I started again in an adult class. I did mainly jazz and tap, but a bit of ballet sometimes. I LOVED it. Some classes I was the biggest, some I wasn't. It doesn't matter. The main thing is to try and find one that fits your abilities (but is still challenging). Sadly since I've moved house again and live rurally I haven't found a suitable dance class (I'm not a beginner, but not a pro either) and it makes me sad!
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    I confess that I need to quit smoking and I will - but I keep changing the weight at which I'm going to do it.

My weight loss is going great and I don't want to mess that up.

• qn4bx9pzg8aifd
    qn4bx9pzg8aifd Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Stop being so interesting so I can do my job, everyone posting in this thread. I go to lunch for an hour, 1 HOUR and I have 4 pages to catch up on. 4 PAGES!!! How am I ever going to get anything done when you guys won't quit posting in here?!

MoHousdon, that would perhaps be considered a form of 'backhanded compliment', would it not...? ;)

...though I nonetheless feel compelled to give it a kind of 'further delineated' bit of 'categorization' (if I may ;) )... and while still a part of the realm of 'incongruous mash-up-icity' (<-- if that isn't a word, then it *needs* to be!), I hereby state that your 'complaint' is a rather unexpected -- though entirely welcome -- form of exasperated declaration which would seem to 'equate' to being a compliment-laced admonishment (a relatively foreign, and oxymoronic-esque concept, if ever there was one... though its involving a form of 'scolding' that is also complimentary in nature, makes it all the more verbally unicorn-like, if I do say so myself (after all, who else would I say it as? ;p ))...

...all that being said (and it was a lot (of hot air, that is :smiley: )), I find myself wondering... are we allowed to respond 'in kind' (no pun intended)... with a somewhat analogous combination of 'at odds with themselves' -like bit of 'positive-laced negative' whatnot...? ;)

...such as... a 'wave away of the hand' (replete with a kind of late-phase, quick flip of the wrist (as if to convey, "how annoying..." (but in a good way! lol ;) )), while uttering, "thank you!"...(?) lol :)

(Of course, I'm just being silly about all of this... it would seem that I cannot resist the opportunity to playfully 'navel-gaze' with words (oh, that *so* did not sound right... ;p ))