Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    My confessions are:
    1) Flapjacks are my downfall - I can easily scoff down a whole tub (22 pieces) of 'bitesize' flapjacks in one sitting while telling myself that all those oats are good for me. Sometimes they are my entire dinner.
    2) I will happily sit down to watch 'Superfat vs Superskinny' on TV after failing to go to the gym and with a box of chocolates and fully aware of the irony.

i always thought flapjacks were pancakes.
    then i got a lil packet of flapjacks in a graze snack box. hooked. instantly.
    SAME! They're my favorite of the snacks in my Graze boxes!!
    Proper Flapjacks: http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1148640/yummy-golden-syrup-flapjacks
    If in Canada, I think Superstore/Loblaws sells golden syrup (Tate & Lyle's in the green and gold tin). If you can't find it, don't bother making - nothing else comes close.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    My confessions are:
    1) Flapjacks are my downfall - I can easily scoff down a whole tub (22 pieces) of 'bitesize' flapjacks in one sitting while telling myself that all those oats are good for me. Sometimes they are my entire dinner.
    2) I will happily sit down to watch 'Superfat vs Superskinny' on TV after failing to go to the gym and with a box of chocolates and fully aware of the irony.

I did too- I still get confused when SO talks about eating flapjacks because I just picture mini pancakes since that's what we called them growing up!
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    MissLaaber wrote: »
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    @crosbylee I'm so sorry about your friend.

@Italian_Buju I can't even imagine what you went through, my heart breaks for you. And I hope your degu gets better.

@pofoster21 What a heartbreaking story as well. So sorry

Here's a confession: My husband plays games on his iPad. His newest game is Hay Day where you virtually take care of a farm. He was gone this weekend and I picked up his iPad to look something up and an alert said "your farm animals miss you" I decided I had to look in on them. I am now hooked on Hay Day. I feel ridiculous when I play and super ridiculous admitting it.

Edited: Because I didn't want to forget anyone

I'm completely addicted to Hay Day myself. I'm on level 54 now, and I've been playing for almost a year, multiple times daily! ;)

My husband teases me about it, and whenever I have my face stuck in my tab, he'll go... "Checking on your chickens again, huh?"

No need to feel ridiculous, it's an awesome stress-reliever since it's so... Brainless? Kind of like coloring for me, both are destressors. At least, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!

Thanks, that makes me feel better! I don't know how long my husband has been playing it but he's on level 20 or 21. I checked on it this morning and almost didn't get my workout in, smh. But the good news is, I'm not mindless eating after I put my daughter to bed, I'm harvesting my crops. Still..smh

When I wake up to pray my first prayer of the day (at dawn) I tend to pick up my phone and start playing it after I pray, instead of going back to sleep. Next thing I know, the sun is up and it's time to get up, but I want to sleep more after losing two solid hours (that I could have spent sleeping) playing the game and then checking this thread! :o

For Curiosity's sake I must know when are the prayers times?

They follow the sun. For clarity, I'll give you their names first: Fajr, Dhuhr, Asr, Maghrib, and Isha. :)

In the winter, I can expect Fajr to be around 5:30 AM. Currently, it's at 3:15 AM. Fajr is the prayer that's called when the first thread of light rises over the horizon and the sky begins to lighten, and the prayer time ends as soon as the sun begins to rise.

Dhuhr is the noon prayer, which is prayed right after the sun has reached its zenith, or its highest peak in the sky. The time for Dhuhr ends when the time for Asr begins. Dhuhr is around 11:30 AM right now.

Asr time begins when the sun is at a certain position in the sky (not too sure how to explain it), and can basically be measured by the time of day when the length of the shadow of a given object is equal to the length of the object itself. Asr time ends when the sun begins to turn orange-ish, but before it starts to set. At the moment, Asr prayers begin around 3:10 PM.

Maghrib time begins as soon as the sun has set completely, but the afterglow is still visible. Maghrib time ends when the afterglow is completely gone, which is when the Isha prayer begins. Maghrib currently falls at 6:30 PM in Saudi Arabia.

Isha prayer lasts until the midway point between dusk and dawn, so currently at 10:45 PM. :)

Thank you for explaining! I've always wondered but never knew how to properly bring it up without being offensive, errr if I offended you. SORRY! :)

Don't apologize! The reason so many people know so little about Islam is because they're so afraid of offending Muslims by asking. :o You're welcome to ask anything that you'd like to know, and I'm always glad to share information. The more we know about each other's cultures, religions, and customs, the less hate there would be between us all, don't you agree? :)

I agree whole heartedly! I'm always curious about world religions, I grew up Roman Catholic so our traditions are pretty basic in my opinion haha.
    I feel like part of the problem is this whole fear mongering situation with ISIS etc BUT I won't open that can of worms :)
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Confession: I'm pretty proud of myself today. My meal prepping and food intake have been all over the place in the last couple of months, and not having prepped meals has only made it worse. Depression and stress kept me from caring enough to do meal prep, and even when I defrosted meats and such to cook them, I didn't and ended up losing a lot of good food when it went bad. :-/

Which brings me to today. I baked and separated 1.5 kilos of chicken breast into 100 gram baggies and froze them, and baked two sets of vegetarian chickpea burger patties (6 per set) and froze those as well. Meal prep is happening again, and I'm happy about it! :)
    Good stuff!

I love Animal Planet's Dog 101 segments. I confess that the thought of adopting / buying a new pet terrifies me at this time so I spend some hours lurking decent pet forums and watching pet videos on Youtube.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

Here's a confession: My husband plays games on his iPad. His newest game is Hay Day where you virtually take care of a farm. He was gone this weekend and I picked up his iPad to look something up and an alert said "your farm animals miss you" I decided I had to look in on them. I am now hooked on Hay Day. I feel ridiculous when I play and super ridiculous admitting it.

I play Township. I can't believe this but I've actually been playing for about a year... Damn addicting mobile games.

Totally want to check Hay Day now.. just reluctant to start games because most of them require you to spend money to advance, and I'm not doing that (you don't have to with Township)... Plus in Farmville crops were dying if you were taking too long to go back to them and I really don't want to deal with that either, lol.

Confession - I overate on purpose at lunch (volume wise), hoping it will keep hunger at bay this afternoon. Just can't deal with hormonal hunger again.

I've never spent a penny on Hay Day, and the crops never die! Go check it out, it's awesome! The thing I like best about it is that you don't HAVE to keep coming back every x amount of hours or something bad will happen--There's no worry about losing crops or money if you have time constraints or a busy schedule.

I'm not sure which is worse, tempting people with yummy foods or with new addictive games! :wink:
    (There are too many that I play daily to list!)
  • LBuehrle8
    Options

@Italian_Buju I can't even imagine what you went through, my heart breaks for you. And I hope your degu gets better.

I'm completely addicted to Hay Day myself. I'm on level 54 now, and I've been playing for almost a year, multiple times daily! ;)

My husband teases me about it, and whenever I have my face stuck in my tab, he'll go... "Checking on your chickens again, huh?"

No need to feel ridiculous, it's an awesome stress-reliever since it's so... Brainless? Kind of like coloring for me, both are destressors. At least, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!

Thanks, that makes me feel better! I don't know how long my husband has been playing it but he's on level 20 or 21. I checked on it this morning and almost didn't get my workout in, smh. But the good news is, I'm not mindless eating after I put my daughter to bed, I'm harvesting my crops. Still..smh

When I wake up to pray my first prayer of the day (at dawn) I tend to pick up my phone and start playing it after I pray, instead of going back to sleep. Next thing I know, the sun is up and it's time to get up, but I want to sleep more after losing two solid hours (that I could have spent sleeping) playing the game and then checking this thread! :o

They follow the sun. For clarity, I'll give you their names first: Fajr, Dhuhr, Asr, Maghrib, and Isha. :)

In the winter, I can expect Fajr to be around 5:30 AM. Currently, it's at 3:15 AM. Fajr is the prayer that's called when the first thread of light rises over the horizon and the sky begins to lighten, and the prayer time ends as soon as the sun begins to rise.

Dhuhr is the noon prayer, which is prayed right after the sun has reached its zenith, or its highest peak in the sky. The time for Dhuhr ends when the time for Asr begins. Dhuhr is around 11:30 AM right now.

Asr time begins when the sun is at a certain position in the sky (not too sure how to explain it), and can basically be measured by the time of day when the length of the shadow of a given object is equal to the length of the object itself. Asr time ends when the sun begins to turn orange-ish, but before it starts to set. At the moment, Asr prayers begin around 3:10 PM.

Maghrib time begins as soon as the sun has set completely, but the afterglow is still visible. Maghrib time ends when the afterglow is completely gone, which is when the Isha prayer begins. Maghrib currently falls at 6:30 PM in Saudi Arabia.

Isha prayer lasts until the midway point between dusk and dawn, so currently at 10:45 PM. :)

Thank you for explaining! I've always wondered but never knew how to properly bring it up without being offensive, errr if I offended you. SORRY! :)

Don't apologize! The reason so many people know so little about Islam is because they're so afraid of offending Muslims by asking. :o You're welcome to ask anything that you'd like to know, and I'm always glad to share information. The more we know about each other's cultures, religions, and customs, the less hate there would be between us all, don't you agree? :)

100% agree- I love learning all those things about other people it's so fascinating!
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Confession: I'm pretty proud of myself today. My meal prepping and food intake have been all over the place in the last couple of months, and not having prepped meals has only made it worse. Depression and stress kept me from caring enough to do meal prep, and even when I defrosted meats and such to cook them, I didn't and ended up losing a lot of good food when it went bad. :-/

Which brings me to today. I baked and separated 1.5 kilos of chicken breast into 100 gram baggies and froze them, and baked two sets of vegetarian chickpea burger patties (6 per set) and froze those as well. Meal prep is happening again, and I'm happy about it! :)

that's fantastic! good for you!! :)
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »

I never thought about samples! I love you. Is that weird?!

Not weird at all! I kinda needed some extra love today anyway!

Extra hugs and love your way !!

bdw9vz964fql.gif
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options

I agree whole heartedly! I'm always curious about world religions, I grew up Roman Catholic so our traditions are pretty basic in my opinion haha.
    I feel like part of the problem is this whole fear mongering situation with ISIS etc BUT I won't open that can of worms :)

I get so mad when it comes to ISIS and their un-Islamic, evil, twisted form of ruling. They're what the world immediately thinks of when the word "Muslim" comes up nowadays AND I HATE THAT SO MUCH. :'( And I have to admit that I bear a hefty amount of resentment towards the Saudi government for the same reason... All idiots, and all representing the millions and millions of Muslims worldwide. Just so.. UGH. -_-
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »

Agree totally, and thanks for explaining. I used to work in the next cubicle from a man who prayed in his cubicle. Is that unusual? The first time I walked past him kneeling, I saw him from the corner of my eye and my first thought was that he was sick! Fortunately I didn't jump on him to perform CPR, and became used to seeing him praying. I never liked to ask about the timing of it.

As Muslims, we're not allowed to miss a single prayer, and the timings are restricted. If you miss a prayer time, it can't be made up unless you were asleep or forgot about the prayer, or there's an emergency of some sort. Because of that, we're told by our holy book to pray wherever we might be, as long as the area is clean. Praying in a cubicle when a prayer room isn't available is very normal. You'll also find Muslims praying on sand in the desert or on the beach, on the floors in malls, and on grass or sidewalks on the sides of the road while traveling. We're creative! ;)

Actually, there's quite a funny song about it, if you'd like to listen to it. It's by Dawud Wharnsby Ali and it's called "The Crazy Spots I've Prayed". Here's a YouTube link to the song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnkYN5qvPIA :)
    Cute song. So is it acceptable to pray sitting, like if you were on a plane or stuck in traffic or something at the required time?
  • LBuehrle8
    Options

I get so mad when it comes to ISIS and their un-Islamic, evil, twisted form of ruling. They're what the world immediately thinks of when the word "Muslim" comes up nowadays AND I HATE THAT SO MUCH. :'( And I have to admit that I bear a hefty amount of resentment towards the Saudi government for the same reason... All idiots, and all representing the millions and millions of Muslims worldwide. Just so.. UGH. -_-

You. I respect. You're so correct!
  • xLoveLikeWinterx
    xLoveLikeWinterx Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    My confessions are:

Proper Flapjacks: http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1148640/yummy-golden-syrup-flapjacks
    If in Canada, I think Superstore/Loblaws sells golden syrup (Tate & Lyle's in the green and gold tin). If you can't find it, don't bother making - nothing else comes close.
    We have golden syrup here in MI since we're so close to the border! It's awesome!
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    My confessions are:

what the heck are they? I thought so too!

I went and asked the all-knowing Wikipedia! Apparently in the U.S. they're pancakes, but in the UK they're basically granola bars made with oats, butter, brown sugar, and golden syrup. :)

they are yum. little bundles of yum.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options
    My confessions are:

I've also seen it at Bulk Barn.

Now I miss Golden Syrup. May have to pick up a tin. There's nothing like sugar on toast!
  • paganredhead
    paganredhead Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just had the worst lunch. A crabcake with homemade kettle chips. I know tomorrow is another day but I am having a bit of a shame spiral week re food. That's all :)
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options

It's the vocal minority rearing its ugly head and ruining the majority's perception. :/

• RainRedfield
    RainRedfield Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I started gymnastics classes three weeks ago. I'm a 38 year old male. I now ache all the time! In my smallish town the next oldest gymnastics student is 17.
  • Nishi2013
    Nishi2013 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    funjen1972 wrote: »
    I wear the same stinky workout clothes for several days without washing. Ewww gross, I know. Always change my socks though lol

You and me both. :)

• ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options

Agree totally, and thanks for explaining. I used to work in the next cubicle from a man who prayed in his cubicle. Is that unusual? The first time I walked past him kneeling, I saw him from the corner of my eye and my first thought was that he was sick! Fortunately I didn't jump on him to perform CPR, and became used to seeing him praying. I never liked to ask about the timing of it.

As Muslims, we're not allowed to miss a single prayer, and the timings are restricted. If you miss a prayer time, it can't be made up unless you were asleep or forgot about the prayer, or there's an emergency of some sort. Because of that, we're told by our holy book to pray wherever we might be, as long as the area is clean. Praying in a cubicle when a prayer room isn't available is very normal. You'll also find Muslims praying on sand in the desert or on the beach, on the floors in malls, and on grass or sidewalks on the sides of the road while traveling. We're creative! ;)

Actually, there's quite a funny song about it, if you'd like to listen to it. It's by Dawud Wharnsby Ali and it's called "The Crazy Spots I've Prayed". Here's a YouTube link to the song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnkYN5qvPIA :)
    Cute song. So is it acceptable to pray sitting, like if you were on a plane or stuck in traffic or something at the required time?

I've seen one of our local doctors praying on a plane, it was the dawn one. Although maybe he had to delay a bit until we were allowed to lower the trays after takeoff.
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    I started gymnastics classes three weeks ago. I'm a 38 year old male. I now ache all the time! In my smallish town the next oldest gymnastics student is 17.

That is awesome! I'm a former gymnast, I quit when I was 18 though. Never too old for gymnastics! I can still tumble and such, yay :)