Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• ericasb83
    ericasb83 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    sometimes i buy a pack of cookies or other sweets, eat half and spray the other half with windex and throw it away so i won't eat the rest. :s
  • mommy2cjml
    mommy2cjml Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I won't eat so I can drink beer

I haven't done this in 8 days, which is a long time compared to 3-4 times a week. I hide it from my boyfriend telling him I ate before he got home from work.

I know my drinking plays a part in my weight and I use it as a crutch when life is to much for me to handle.

I'm not only working on my weight but being positive and not being easy to frustration.
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    @LBuehrle8 New profile picture for you. :)
  • 52cardpickup
    52cardpickup Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Apologies for the binge posting, but I am now caught up. I tried doing the multi-quote thing once before, so there was only one post from me, but then i lost all the posts i quoted and replied to before i could hit send.

Gonna ask you all for a little advice. I go to the gym daily and mostly i tend to do cardio (treadmill) stuff, because i really like the high calorie burns my HRM gives me. But i need to do some strength stuff. I don't really know where to start and i'm too shy to ask. I thought I'd buy the NROLFW and see if i could do that. What do you think? What do you guys do?

Hello! I'm so sorry I missed this post! I started on NROLFW and I did the first stage, which was fine, but when I got to the second stage, I kind of felt like I had taken a step back because I had to learn a whole new set of moves and I didn't know how heavy I could start the weights with, so I gave up. I'm now on Strong Lifts 5x5 which is SOOOO much simpler! Only 5 exercises and you feel like you are progressing every gym session! Depends how confident you are in the gym. I felt like a complete idiot because I was trying moves I had never done before with the New Rules. The book is good for general information about strength training though, so you could still get the book and then decide? I wouldn't say the book was a waste of money. I regret nothing.

Throwing my two cents in... I did NROLFW, and I loved it! It's a little hard to get started with once you get past the first stage, but if you use YouTube or Fitocracy to look up videos on proper form, you can figure out how to do the moves. The book itself is funny, not condescending at all, and very informative, and the program is very effective. It's great for doing while dieting or while in maintenance, and I think it gives great results! I'm currently doing Strong Curves instead, but after I finish Strong Curves, I'm planning on doing another round of NROLFW!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Apologies for the binge posting, but I am now caught up. I tried doing the multi-quote thing once before, so there was only one post from me, but then i lost all the posts i quoted and replied to before i could hit send.

Gonna ask you all for a little advice. I go to the gym daily and mostly i tend to do cardio (treadmill) stuff, because i really like the high calorie burns my HRM gives me. But i need to do some strength stuff. I don't really know where to start and i'm too shy to ask. I thought I'd buy the NROLFW and see if i could do that. What do you think? What do you guys do?

Hello! I'm so sorry I missed this post! I started on NROLFW and I did the first stage, which was fine, but when I got to the second stage, I kind of felt like I had taken a step back because I had to learn a whole new set of moves and I didn't know how heavy I could start the weights with, so I gave up. I'm now on Strong Lifts 5x5 which is SOOOO much simpler! Only 5 exercises and you feel like you are progressing every gym session! Depends how confident you are in the gym. I felt like a complete idiot because I was trying moves I had never done before with the New Rules. The book is good for general information about strength training though, so you could still get the book and then decide? I wouldn't say the book was a waste of money. I regret nothing.

I did download the stronglift app, but i don't really get it.....?

Lol it confuses me too. I need it dumbed down.

Me too! I thought I was the only one :#
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    @LBuehrle8 New profile picture for you. :)

I just saw that, I LOVE it!! She's the best!
  • 52cardpickup
    52cardpickup Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I am taking my little boy in to the vets in an hour to be put down. I know its the right thing to do, the vet agreed, yet I feel terribly guilty and still am wondering if I am making a mistake....

I know things like this get better with time, but right now it feels like my heart has been ripped out and stomped and I don't know how I will ever recover...

R.I.P. little rodent boy

My thoughts are with you today. Much love to you and your degu. You are absolutely doing the right thing, and the doubt you are feeling is perfectly normal. Big hugs!
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,711 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    It is almost midnight and I am waiting for my son to get home from work so I can go to bed.

The sad dad stories really got to me today.

When my dad died he was shoveling the drive way and had a heart attack. A neighbor found him. He drove me to school that morning (I was 15), when he did not pick me up, I called, and a cop answered the phone and told me he had died and to come home right away. I actually told the cop that he usually picked me up from school at the other end of town, and I did not know how to get home. His reply was that they would be there when I got there.

I ran back in the school and had a teacher drive me home. Later that day, when I went outside, his hat, eye glasses, blood and vomit were all over the drive way.

At the funeral, in true 'mother' style, she caused a big scene and picked him up out of the casket....I will never forget the crude autopsy scar on the back of his head.

I do not think I will ever fully get over that.

My best girlfriend died two and a half years ago, that was the hardest death I have dealt with other than my father's. Death really sucks!

My rodent is looking rather poor today....he is so skinny and was making a funny noise today when I was holding him. He spends all day in a puff ball in his cage with his head down, this is also what the other one did in the days before he died....I do not think it is gonna be much longer now....I am heartbroken.

On a better note, my sister and her family are coming to visit next month. They live in Indy and I only see them once every couple years......

Oh my. This is beyond heartbreaking. First of all, the police should have brought you home from school. Second, they also should have cleared the driveway. I can't even address the scar thing. Don't know what to possibly say. Good thing the human spirit is so resilient. It's amazing what we experience, carry around with us, and yet continue living.

Thanks for the update on your fur baby. Poor thing. I hope he is comfortable.

I KNOW RIGHT!! This is something that has bothered me for 20+ years! I was a kid, calling home to see why my parent that is now dead is not picking me up, I have no way home, no idea how to get home, was WAY too far to walk (it would have taken like 3 hours), and it was a blizzard outside. I told the cop I did not know how I was gonna get home, that I was at school, and I told him how old I was too, and he says ok, see you when you get here and hangs up on me? Right after telling me my father is dead? WTF??

This I cannot fathom. Thank goodness a teacher was available! That was incredibly poor training by the police department or just that one cop doing a bad job. I'm sorry for that. The whole incident, of course. The strength you have is amazing!
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    spamarie wrote: »
    I feel like this is the 'Brit hour' while most of the Americans are still asleep!

Also, please, please, please, please don't put any GoT spoilers on here. I haven't seen the series, but I'm reading the books (on the 5th one I think, although I don't know because it's on the kindle) and if someone spoils any of it for me I will cry. I can see from the kindle I am 86% of the way through the entire thing, and I don't quite know what I'll do with myself when I finish it!

I get very mournful when I finish a series of books. Wishing I could forget all about them and read them again.

oh god sorry!!! I will endeavour not to spoiler. I'm such a huge GoT fan, TV series and books. I've just started reading them again. I love talking about it with other fans, but i don't know many people who've read the books :(

But i will say the books are better at some storylines, the tv show is better at others.

I refuse to watch the show until I read the books. I don't have HBO (or TV for that matter) but because I work in the communications industry and market HBO I get the DVDs. I Just pile them up to watch after I read the books.

I confess, now I think I am going to read the books regardless of having not finished my dissertation (bad move as I am a binge reader).

You've mentioned your dissertation before. Care to share your topic? What will your PhD be in? Will it change your current job or career path? Just curious. It's a common topic around my house as oldest son is ABD right now, with a PhD in history. He is determined to get his dissertation done as quickly as possible, but you know, life and stuff. He's going back to the college he finished his classes at to teach and work on it at the same time this fall.

Sure! So, I am a serial student. I have my DBA and my dissertation was "The changing dynamics of interpersonal relationships during multiple mergers". My PhD is in Organizational Leadership and Change and my dissertation is going to be on "The impact that a clique at the leadership level has on employee creativity and motivation". When I am done I will technically be Dr. Dr. (my committee chair the first time I defended my dissertation called me that when he learned I was going to go back for my PhD).

I have experienced both of these phenomenon at the company I am working at. And the research will be done there if I can get it done before it implodes, they sell my part of the business, or I get laid off (sudden motivation!). My company pays for most of my educations, so why NOT take advantage of it. :) I am fascinated by interpersonal relationships and organizational dynamics. And my career is in advertising (I work in the marketing communications department in the company I work for) but my undergraduate degree was in visual art... but I wasn't a very talented artist. :)

That was a bit of a mish mash of an answer, but there you go!

That is incredibly impressive! And what a perk to have your company pay for it. By all means, I'd take advantage of it as well. Those are very interesting topics to me as well. I've always been interested in interpersonal relationships and dynamics. Well done, Dr. Dr.! (and now the 80's song by the Thompson Twins is in my head)
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,409 Member
    Options

I did download the stronglift app, but i don't really get it.....?

http://stronglifts.com/5x5/

Check out the website. The app is very basic and took me a while.
    Find out if your gym has an Olympic barbell and a squat rack first because it is heavy lifting. It's not as scary as it sounds I promise! Then you just start with an empty bar and add weights each time.
    The 5x5 bit is 5 sets of 5 reps. So you do 5 squats, have a 90 sec rest and repeat 4 more times.
    The website give very clear instructions on how to do each move.
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    Kalici wrote: »
    I am 80 calories over today, but because I did a full real push-up I am pretty pleased with myself. :)

Yay! That's awesome. I keep trying, keep failing at doing a real full push up. I kinda hate push ups :)
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    I covet my neighbors cheese cake...

:lol: oh yes
  • xLoveLikeWinterx
    xLoveLikeWinterx Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    2wise4u wrote: »
    My primary motivation for working out is to eat more food. :blush: The cardio benefits are great but I'm being honest.

And I'm afraid to weigh myself because I sometimes binge on the weekends and late nights when I'm bored so the weight fluctuations would destroy my motivation to work out.

I sometimes hide snacks in my desk at work.

I don't always log foods accurately.

I'm a work in progress but I'm committed to working out 5 days a week and I'm trying to fix my previous bad behavior (diet coke addiction and consuming copious amounts of sweets) by drinking water (or tea) only, filling up with fiber and trying to sneak more green leafy things into my diet.

totally. i really want to lose weight, but i still have a need to stuff my face.

It's a vicious circle with me. Working out makes me not hungry, so then I don't eat enough calories daily, but I WANT to move because now I actually like it *sigh*
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    I will stay up until 3am playing CODBlackOPS and eat snacks without logging them. But I am good about correcting the calories burned because MFP gives you WAY more calories than you actually burn so it only hurts you instead of helps. WATCH THE CALORIES YOU BURN ON YOUR MACHINE!!!! NOT MFP'S COUNT!!!

If you are referring to the number of calories burned per whatever cardio machine you are using, those are incredibly inflated and inaccurate as well.
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    My primary motivation for working out is to eat more food. :blush: The cardio benefits are great but I'm being honest.

And I'm afraid to weigh myself because I sometimes binge on the weekends and late nights when I'm bored so the weight fluctuations would destroy my motivation to work out.

I'm a work in progress but I'm committed to working out 5 days a week and I'm trying to fix my previous bad behavior (diet coke addiction and consuming copious amounts of sweets) by drinking water (or tea) only, filling up with fiber and trying to sneak more green leafy things into my diet.

totally. i really want to lose weight, but i still have a need to stuff my face.

It's a vicious circle with me. Working out makes me not hungry, so then I don't eat enough calories daily, but I WANT to move because now I actually like it *sigh*

Ha ha YES. I didn't think I would like running but now I've stopped smoking and can actually run for more than 10 paces I do really like it. I have to do it just before dinner though so I don't stuff my face with naughty food
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    I'm not enjoying my Hula Hoops. They aren't quite how I remember them. Pretty sure by making them 'healthier' they have ruined the flavour. B*stards.
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    I tried Thrive a few weeks ago and LOVE IT. I've always thought weight loss products were gimmicky but after trying it and seeing what it's done for me I've finally found one that works! I'm always afraid to tell people though because I feel like they'll judge me!

What exactly is it? Never heard of it, so just being curious.
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

that would be my dream?? to not be hungry and actually WANT to work out?

but i can see how you'd be bummed if because of your lack of calories you're too tired to work out. if i actually liked working out, i'd see how that could be annoying...
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    Kalici wrote: »
    I am 80 calories over today, but because I did a full real push-up I am pretty pleased with myself. :)

Yay! That's awesome. I keep trying, keep failing at doing a real full push up. I kinda hate push ups :)

My excuse is that I have to push up 213lbs, which is a lot harder than for someone say 150lbs. So I will just have to continue doing box push ups until I'm lighter. :lol: