Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    My confessions are:
    1) Flapjacks are my downfall - I can easily scoff down a whole tub (22 pieces) of 'bitesize' flapjacks in one sitting while telling myself that all those oats are good for me. Sometimes they are my entire dinner.
    2) I will happily sit down to watch 'Superfat vs Superskinny' on TV after failing to go to the gym and with a box of chocolates and fully aware of the irony.

I do the second part of your confession too. I know the week's worth of food in the tube at the beginning is supposed to be off-putting, but more often than not I find myself thinking, 'ooh I'd love a plate of chips right now.'

i used to order pizza to eat while watching the biggest loser...
  • idoknowannie
    idoknowannie Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Honestly not a good idea it will lead to dehydration a massive fever and some cases death believe me at age 11 I was forced by mummy dearest while in a sauna suit aka your sophisticated trash bag whilst on a treadmill for 25 mins and sweating at 3.0'speed and for about two hours after cool down and I almost died that week
  • idoknowannie
    idoknowannie Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm 23 now and underweight dearest without that contraption there are ways without it just eat healthy who,e and exercise plenty of hydration and a snack of the naughty kind every time to time as a treat such as oven baked chips some dark chocolate with almonds on a scoop or two of low cal ice cream or skinny cowpie :) you can do it dearest without the torturous stinky water sweats
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    My confessions are:
    1) Flapjacks are my downfall - I can easily scoff down a whole tub (22 pieces) of 'bitesize' flapjacks in one sitting while telling myself that all those oats are good for me. Sometimes they are my entire dinner.
    2) I will happily sit down to watch 'Superfat vs Superskinny' on TV after failing to go to the gym and with a box of chocolates and fully aware of the irony.

I do the second part of your confession too. I know the week's worth of food in the tube at the beginning is supposed to be off-putting, but more often than not I find myself thinking, 'ooh I'd love a plate of chips right now.'

I was totally going to mention my latest adventure with chips, until I remembered "chips" would be our "fries", and our chips would be "crisps" (thank you Peppa Pig lmao). Total reading comprehension fail there. (Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong too lol.) :laugh:

I'm completely confused because I meant chips as in fries (I'm British). Brain fail.

That's what I meant lol, I was going to talk about my adventure/fail with chips, until I remembered you were British and "chips" here would be "crisps" to you and "fries" here are "chips" there. My coffee hasn't kicked in yet apparently lol.
    Now I feel like an *kitten* :disappointed:
  • ohgeeque
    ohgeeque Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Today's confession: As you all might know (due to all the food-related confessions I've been dumping in here...), I've gained quite a bit of weight over my low weight since March. I've gained about 10 kilos, to put a number on it, and I'm just getting back on the wagon. :-/

So, after two days eating under my goal, here's how today's weigh-in went: I went to pee (of course), then hopped on the scale in my underclothes. I got a 70.0 and I thought to myself, "I am SO CLOSE to breaking into the 60s again!" This in mind, I became a little bit desperate. So, I turned to my husband and said... "You know what? I'm going to try to pee some more."

He, of course, stared at me like I was crazy. "How in the world do you pee some more?!" I ignored him and went to attempt it, not that it was particularly successful... Is this TMI? ;)

Afterwards, I stripped down and weighed without my underclothes to get rid of every gram of extra weight that I could possibly shed. The scale was kind and measured me at 69.9. So then I go... "YAY! I BROKE INTO THE SIXTIES AGAIN! BOOYAH!" ;) It counts, right?

Absolutely. Clearly, in your eagerness to get on the scale, you didn't finish your business. Besides, who needs to know how much their underclothes weigh?

The second weight was the correct one.

Congratulations. :)

• Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Confession: I had a Target giftcard to use, so I stopped in to pick up some things I needed for my exam this weekend, and general household stuff. I also picked a pair of workout capris (pair #15, or so - obsession!)...and a pair of SIZE FOUR jeans. They are still VERY snug and totally muffin top-inducing, but they technically both zip and button so...

It counts! and I adore Target..I could live in that store for real!

Oh how I love Target! I will drive 30 minutes out of my way to go there, simply because I HATE walmart! Reminds me of a saying I saw somewhere, "Target: where you spend a little more just to avoid going to Walmart." :lol:
    Oh god, I've had so many crappy trips to Wal Mart. We went to one we don't normally go to on a recent trip and someone started yelling and telling people not to look at her because they wouldn't sue her. :s

HEB is my favorite grocery store. I do love Target apparel though!
    What is HEB?
    Just a standard grocery chain in the south. It's got more of a variety of foods than my local Krogers and Target

I've worn glasses since 6th grade and can still remember how shocking it was to be able to see the individual hairs on my cat so clearly! My last pair were busted after my car accident and I couldn't get new ones with my old prescription right away. I spent a good few weeks without them and not being able to read certain words was not fun.
    I really want to buy some prescription sunglassesman. I need to stop being lazy and actually do it.

One of the best purchases I've ever made. The only thing that sucks is having to switch back to my regular glasses when going inside or when it gets too dark instead of just being able to put them on the top of my head. I love my prescription Ray Bans though. LOVE THEM!

ETA: I am also very visually challenged and have worn glasses since the 5th grade. I used to have contacts and would like to get some for my trip, but my eyes produce a lot of protein so they don't last very long and because I'm so blind, they are like $200 a pair or something ridiculous like that. My glasses are so expensive due to my strong prescription, I can only afford to have 1 pair at a time, and the only reason I have the prescription sunnies is because Lens Crafters was running a half-price sale.

I also have a very strong prescription- even with the lightest weight lenses, my glasses are thick, heavy, and very expensive! I have allergies, so my eyes produce crap several times a year. I get the disposable contacts. Mine are 2 week disposable (I clean them every night and make them last a month!), but you can get daily disposables too. You might think about disposables for vacation. Your eye doctor would probably give you a sample pair to try for free.

Edit because punctuation is hard!
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,711 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    I did go to the gym. Am now home in a foul snappy mood, God knows why.

Oh and I ate two pop tarts on the way home. When I knew the casserole in the slow cooker would be ready. Go me! /Sarcasm

Oh dear... TOM? I get rally pissed off at the world the day or so before. I bite everyone's heads off. I used to cry hysterically before. Now I just get in a total rage. I have to step away when I do that. I can hear it on calls and I have even gotten off my horses in the past when I realized I was in a foul mood because of that, as I have ZERO patience. I get over it in a day or so.

No, I don't have TOM, as I'm on the injection to spare me all the pain and mess, although I wish I had it to blame binges/moods on

Neither do I. I had a procedure done years ago to eliminate all of that nonsense, but I do still get the mood swings. I ignore them because I refuse to let them control me, but if I really pay attention I could still tell when during the month it should be happening. Just to say, blame the moods anyway!
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    IAmTheGlue wrote: »
    Finally caught up! My confession is I've been drinking too much...every single day for quite awhile. I am making a commitment to not drink Monday through Thursday this week. Please think good thoughts for me!

ETA: A little embarrassed to admit this quasi publicly, but hoping admitting it on here will make me face reality. Since I know there are several of you that have admitted to stopping for good.

You are so not judged. I'm thinking about (not yet committed to ) a dry June. Yes, it is a big enough of a deal to not drink for an entire month for me but June is my worst month. My dad died 3 years ago on his and my mother's 43rd wedding anniversary, right after Father's Day. I tend to drink and cry from one to the other. I try to keep that as discrete as possible (the drinking, not the crying ) so I'm not a super horrible example to my kids but seriously, it is excessive and it needs to stop.

You are not alone. Many people struggle with cutting back on drinking.

I am sorry for your loss. My father died right after 4th of july 1990 and I still morn him. He was a shot and a beer guy and drank every night before he went to bed. I toast him with a shot and a beer on 4th of july and on his birthday in October. It makes me feel better to keep this ritual in his memory.

My dad died 26 years ago this June, 3 days before my parents wedding annivesary and again, right after Father's Day. Still miss him every day.

Funny how it never seems any easier.....my father died on Dec 3rd, 1991, I still cry every single time that anniversary passes. He died very suddenly, and inadvertently left me alone with my crazy mother, so it was really difficult. He was the person I loved most in the world, and I still miss him every day. My son is named after him, and it makes me tear up when I think about how my son never got to meet him. My sister said she cried a lot when he died too, not only because he was a great stepdad to her, but because she felt bad for the way he was treated by our mother and when he died she felt bad that he wasted so many years of his life being treated like that.
    I lost my Dad to cancer at 61 in July 2012. It was pretty quick really, he had his kidney removed just over a year before, but then it came back and he deteriorated quickly. I loved my Dad totally, I feel so lucky when some people on here have talked about their upbringings because I had a great childhood.

But last year, on only the second anniversary of his death I was really into what I was doing at work at the time and I completely forgot until my brother text to see of I was ok. This made me feel like I was a terrible person. Me and my brother have both always said to my mum that we don't want to mark the occasion, we'd rather continue to celebrate his birthday instead, and her brother and sisters tend to do something with her on the anniversary. But I felt awful that I didn't even realise.

I've never really been much of a crier, and tend to get on with things, but some things will really upset me. Sometimes even imagined things, like a song I think he'd have liked and I imagine him telling me about this great new singer that I was trying to get him into years before, but he'd only have recognised when they came onto radio 2. And when my brother got married last month I got quite upset when we did something to remember him, but I'd not have expected that I would have.

But I have found that it does seem easier, I love my dad and always will, he has played a big part in who I am, and although I miss him when he should be around I know how he would have felt about things and can imagine his reaction. And to me the anniversary of his death is the opposite to special and not something I want to mark.

I don't make a big deal about the day my dad died either. He also died of cancer. And we found him...He had probably got out of bed to go to the bathroom and had a stroke or he may have fallen and hit his head on the side table. My mom had stayed in the spare bedroom because he was getting Chemo and she had a cold and didn't want to affect him. She couldn't find him when she went looking for him and came running into the kitchen where I was having breakfast hysterical she couldn't find him. She thought he had committed suicide, went running for the garage to see if his car was there. When she saw it was she just looked at me like where is he? And I knew. I said 'did you look beside the bed'? She was so confused but I just knew. We went to the bedroom and looked at the far side of the bed and he was laying there. She was hysterical again and kept begging me to do something, to help him. I could tell that he had been gone for hours. I worked as a nursing *kitten*'t at the time, and she thought I should save him. It still breaks my heart that I couldn't do anything to help -- her mostly as he was long gone. I felt guilty about that for years. For years I could never say my dad had died, I only said he was gone. Apparently a lot of cancer patients don't actually die from cancer, they have strokes, etc. before the cancer kills them (at least that is what I remember the doctor telling me at the time). But the day he died is just a day. I prefer to remember all the good stuff he did, none of the bad (which my siblings like to focus on) and I simply miss him every day. But I have 'missed' the day of his death before and felt guilty to not even recognize it. I am always sad on Fathers day and I get bitter when marketers send me emails about 'gifts for dad'. I actually just got one as I was writing this. I wish I could buy my dad a gift.

And now I am sorry I probably just depressed all of you.

Grief is highly individualized. There's no right or wrong way. I think it's fine to not remember or commemorate the day of death and only remember the good times. If that is what works for you, then so be it! No, you are not depressing us, either.
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    My confessions are:

I was totally going to mention my latest adventure with chips, until I remembered "chips" would be our "fries", and our chips would be "crisps" (thank you Peppa Pig lmao). Total reading comprehension fail there. (Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong too lol.) :laugh:

I'm completely confused because I meant chips as in fries (I'm British). Brain fail.

That's what I meant lol, I was going to talk about my adventure/fail with chips, until I remembered you were British and "chips" here would be "crisps" to you and "fries" here are "chips" there. My coffee hasn't kicked in yet apparently lol.

The brain fail referred to myself, not you of course! I think we both got lost in translation.
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    festerw wrote: »
    All this talk of sunglasses, I've had a pair of Oakley Half-Jackets for 8 years. Been through 2 sets of rubber and 2 sets of lenses but they're still good.

I never understood the expenses sunglasses either but once you pay that much for them you're a lot more careful with them.

Yes, indeed! The quality is just so much better. I have multiple pairs of Ray Bans, Serengeti's, and Ralph Lauren's. Different shapes, colors, lens types, etc. to go with what I'm wearing and what I'm doing. Knock on wood - I haven't lost or broken a pair yet!
  • raelynnsmama52512
    Options
    My confessions are:

The brain fail referred to myself, not you of course! I think we both got lost in translation.

I think so too lol!
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    My confessions are:

I think so too lol!

I really want chips (FRIES!) now...
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    I feel like this is the 'Brit hour' while most of the Americans are still asleep!

Also, please, please, please, please don't put any GoT spoilers on here. I haven't seen the series, but I'm reading the books (on the 5th one I think, although I don't know because it's on the kindle) and if someone spoils any of it for me I will cry. I can see from the kindle I am 86% of the way through the entire thing, and I don't quite know what I'll do with myself when I finish it!

I get very mournful when I finish a series of books. Wishing I could forget all about them and read them again.

oh god sorry!!! I will endeavour not to spoiler. I'm such a huge GoT fan, TV series and books. I've just started reading them again. I love talking about it with other fans, but i don't know many people who've read the books :(

But i will say the books are better at some storylines, the tv show is better at others.

I refuse to watch the show until I read the books. I don't have HBO (or TV for that matter) but because I work in the communications industry and market HBO I get the DVDs. I Just pile them up to watch after I read the books.

I confess, now I think I am going to read the books regardless of having not finished my dissertation (bad move as I am a binge reader).

You've mentioned your dissertation before. Care to share your topic? What will your PhD be in? Will it change your current job or career path? Just curious. It's a common topic around my house as oldest son is ABD right now, with a PhD in history. He is determined to get his dissertation done as quickly as possible, but you know, life and stuff. He's going back to the college he finished his classes at to teach and work on it at the same time this fall.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    It is hard for me to respond to the death, losing pets, grief posts because it brings back all the feelings. So sorry for everyone dealing with loss.
  • raelynnsmama52512
    Options
    My confessions are:

I think so too lol!

I really want chips (FRIES!) now...

Me too lol! I guess I can just eat my salad for lunch in a little while and pretend, right? :wink:
  • xMrBunglex
    xMrBunglex Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    It is almost midnight and I am waiting for my son to get home from work so I can go to bed.

The sad dad stories really got to me today.

When my dad died he was shoveling the drive way and had a heart attack. A neighbor found him. He drove me to school that morning (I was 15), when he did not pick me up, I called, and a cop answered the phone and told me he had died and to come home right away. I actually told the cop that he usually picked me up from school at the other end of town, and I did not know how to get home. His reply was that they would be there when I got there.

I ran back in the school and had a teacher drive me home. Later that day, when I went outside, his hat, eye glasses, blood and vomit were all over the drive way.

At the funeral, in true 'mother' style, she caused a big scene and picked him up out of the casket....I will never forget the crude autopsy scar on the back of his head.

I do not think I will ever fully get over that.

My best girlfriend died two and a half years ago, that was the hardest death I have dealt with other than my father's. Death really sucks!

My rodent is looking rather poor today....he is so skinny and was making a funny noise today when I was holding him. He spends all day in a puff ball in his cage with his head down, this is also what the other one did in the days before he died....I do not think it is gonna be much longer now....I am heartbroken.

On a better note, my sister and her family are coming to visit next month. They live in Indy and I only see them once every couple years......

I am sorry about your dad. That was really rough.

Are you SURE it's not time to euthanize your Degu? Ease his passage to another life?

I was thinking about that last night.....I just do not know what to do...he has periods of time where other than being skinny he seems like he is gonna be fine....and I am so scared to do something like that if he has any chance at all of making it.

This morning when I first got up to make lunch for my son, he was chewing on some wood and even got in his wheel (only for a moment though).....now he is laying down in a corner and did not even get up when I moved his cage back into the living room, which is unusual....I was scared to check if he was breathing, but he is.....

I go back and forth.....half the time I am freaking out and thinking he is ready to go anytime, and then other half the time I think he looks ok......right now I am freaking out, esp as I am ready to leave for work shortly.....

Sorry to hear that you;re going through this. It is tough when you don't know what to do.

For what it's worth, (and this is hard for me to put out there), our cat Sonja had a good 17 year life, she was like a child to my wife. She had all kinds of problems towards the end (CKD, diabetes) and we were pokng her to check her blood sugar, giving her subcutaneous fluids daily, etc. etc. She was happy for another year or so.

But then her blood sugar dropped & she went into a seizure...she recovered but was in pretty bad shape after that, but she got around, ate & we thought she was hanging in there. About 3 months later, we were going have her go to sleep, but we chickened out...and then she had one horrible night. Didn't kill her, but she was clearly in pain.

We sent her off to the fields of Elysium the next morning, but my wife still tears up about that last night. We really wish we had let her go sooner.

• kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    Today is a bit of a roller coaster for me. I woke to find out that a dear friend had passed away. She was only 46 and from what I know had had a massive heart attack over the weekend. She has three young children. You never know when....

On the other side, my four year old has already started with the tooth loss. She had her first tooth come out this morning. So I am happy for her in this step in her development, but I am also very sad about my friend.

So sorry! :(
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    I got new glasses that I think are really super cute! I have been wearing them a week and not one single person has noticed. Sad face.

I'm sure they notice something different about you, but aren't sure what. That's a good thing - it means that they see YOU and not just glasses and that they are complimenting your face.

It's true what they say! You really ARE the nicest lady on this thread.

FWIW, a co-worker today said, "Have you lost weight?" I guess I'll take that over, "Are those new glasses?"

Well, thank you and yes, that is a great compliment!
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    So I'm late to the game but whatever.

- I'm from Connecticut so I don't really have a very recognizable accent. If anything, our accent sort of borrows a little from Boston and steals a bit from New York ;)

- I love the color red but don't quite feel confident enough to rock it in large amounts. To my last job interview though, I wore red heels, charcoal gray pants, a black shirt, a necklace with a red stone, and carried a red purse. I may not get the job, but I looked freakin' fabulous! I'd highly recommend adding a splash of red to an outfit :)

- I totally remember the old "Degrassi"! That and "Fifteen" starring a pre-dental work Ryan Reynolds, LOL!

- I don't much like apples (unless they are in pie/crisp form) but I like Honeycrisps.

- I've worn glasses since the 3rd grade, including some hideously huge Sally Jessy Raphael ones in the late 80s. For the last who-knows-how-many years, I've been wearing round silver wireframes. With my short dark hair and green eyes, I kind of look like Harry Potter from the books, LOL.

Confession: I'm so over the whole "unemployment" thing, but I'm even MORE over the whole "interview" thing. Just give me the damn job or stop wasting my time. So sick of being evaluated and judged and feeling like a failure. :/ I had another interview today - not sure how it went but fingers crossed - and I left feeling overwhelmed and analyzing all the things I did wrong. I'm a little proud that when I stopped at the store to pick up a few essentials, I didn't buy a bunch of junk food to make myself feel better. Small victories, right?

Yes, small victories are the most important! And, it is MUCH harder to get a job then it is to have a job. Completely empathize with you. Another board that I'm on is money-related and there's a full time thread devoted to job seekers and their struggles. It's very eye-opening and what you are going through is sadly very common. But, people do find jobs, so hang in there! The right thing will come along at some point.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    It is almost midnight and I am waiting for my son to get home from work so I can go to bed.

The sad dad stories really got to me today.

When my dad died he was shoveling the drive way and had a heart attack. A neighbor found him. He drove me to school that morning (I was 15), when he did not pick me up, I called, and a cop answered the phone and told me he had died and to come home right away. I actually told the cop that he usually picked me up from school at the other end of town, and I did not know how to get home. His reply was that they would be there when I got there.

I ran back in the school and had a teacher drive me home. Later that day, when I went outside, his hat, eye glasses, blood and vomit were all over the drive way.

At the funeral, in true 'mother' style, she caused a big scene and picked him up out of the casket....I will never forget the crude autopsy scar on the back of his head.

I do not think I will ever fully get over that.
    What a terrible thing to happen. I'm so sorry you had to go through that.