Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    @crosbylee I'm so sorry about your friend.

@Italian_Buju I can't even imagine what you went through, my heart breaks for you. And I hope your degu gets better.

@pofoster21 What a heartbreaking story as well. So sorry

Here's a confession: My husband plays games on his iPad. His newest game is Hay Day where you virtually take care of a farm. He was gone this weekend and I picked up his iPad to look something up and an alert said "your farm animals miss you" I decided I had to look in on them. I am now hooked on Hay Day. I feel ridiculous when I play and super ridiculous admitting it.

Edited: Because I didn't want to forget anyone

I'm completely addicted to Hay Day myself. I'm on level 54 now, and I've been playing for almost a year, multiple times daily! ;)

My husband teases me about it, and whenever I have my face stuck in my tab, he'll go... "Checking on your chickens again, huh?"

No need to feel ridiculous, it's an awesome stress-reliever since it's so... Brainless? Kind of like coloring for me, both are destressors. At least, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!

I confess that I used to play Farmville & actually paid money for FVC LOL! I stopped playing when they had around 6-10 farms & it felt more like a job than a game.

I now play Maleficent & Frozen (Candy Crush kind of games), Agent Alice (Hidden Object game), & Sims Freeplay on my iPad.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Confession: I'm pretty proud of myself today. My meal prepping and food intake have been all over the place in the last couple of months, and not having prepped meals has only made it worse. Depression and stress kept me from caring enough to do meal prep, and even when I defrosted meats and such to cook them, I didn't and ended up losing a lot of good food when it went bad. :-/

Which brings me to today. I baked and separated 1.5 kilos of chicken breast into 100 gram baggies and froze them, and baked two sets of vegetarian chickpea burger patties (6 per set) and froze those as well. Meal prep is happening again, and I'm happy about it! :)

:#
  • CaitlynnCarson
    CaitlynnCarson Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I will stay up until 3am playing CODBlackOPS and eat snacks without logging them. But I am good about correcting the calories burned because MFP gives you WAY more calories than you actually burn so it only hurts you instead of helps. WATCH THE CALORIES YOU BURN ON YOUR MACHINE!!!! NOT MFP'S COUNT!!!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    MissLaaber wrote: »

@Italian_Buju I can't even imagine what you went through, my heart breaks for you. And I hope your degu gets better.

Here's a confession: My husband plays games on his iPad. His newest game is Hay Day where you virtually take care of a farm. He was gone this weekend and I picked up his iPad to look something up and an alert said "your farm animals miss you" I decided I had to look in on them. I am now hooked on Hay Day. I feel ridiculous when I play and super ridiculous admitting it.

I'm completely addicted to Hay Day myself. I'm on level 54 now, and I've been playing for almost a year, multiple times daily! ;)

My husband teases me about it, and whenever I have my face stuck in my tab, he'll go... "Checking on your chickens again, huh?"

No need to feel ridiculous, it's an awesome stress-reliever since it's so... Brainless? Kind of like coloring for me, both are destressors. At least, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!

Thanks, that makes me feel better! I don't know how long my husband has been playing it but he's on level 20 or 21. I checked on it this morning and almost didn't get my workout in, smh. But the good news is, I'm not mindless eating after I put my daughter to bed, I'm harvesting my crops. Still..smh

When I wake up to pray my first prayer of the day (at dawn) I tend to pick up my phone and start playing it after I pray, instead of going back to sleep. Next thing I know, the sun is up and it's time to get up, but I want to sleep more after losing two solid hours (that I could have spent sleeping) playing the game and then checking this thread! :o

For Curiosity's sake I must know when are the prayers times?

They follow the sun. For clarity, I'll give you their names first: Fajr, Dhuhr, Asr, Maghrib, and Isha. :)

In the winter, I can expect Fajr to be around 5:30 AM. Currently, it's at 3:15 AM. Fajr is the prayer that's called when the first thread of light rises over the horizon and the sky begins to lighten, and the prayer time ends as soon as the sun begins to rise.

Dhuhr is the noon prayer, which is prayed right after the sun has reached its zenith, or its highest peak in the sky. The time for Dhuhr ends when the time for Asr begins. Dhuhr is around 11:30 AM right now.

Asr time begins when the sun is at a certain position in the sky (not too sure how to explain it), and can basically be measured by the time of day when the length of the shadow of a given object is equal to the length of the object itself. Asr time ends when the sun begins to turn orange-ish, but before it starts to set. At the moment, Asr prayers begin around 3:10 PM.

Maghrib time begins as soon as the sun has set completely, but the afterglow is still visible. Maghrib time ends when the afterglow is completely gone, which is when the Isha prayer begins. Maghrib currently falls at 6:30 PM in Saudi Arabia.

Isha prayer lasts until the midway point between dusk and dawn, so currently at 10:45 PM. :)

I used to play cards online with a guy from the middle east that was Muslim.....I remember once in a while we would have to put our game on hold if prayer time came.....it never seemed to take too long though....
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    I have terrible vision already as well and I wear my contacts every day because wearing glasses messes with my depth perception and makes me fall using the stairs and stuff. I never seem to get used to it. I'm 20/20 with my contacts and they never bother me, so I will never switch unless it become absolutely necessary for my eye health.

Books: I've never been a big fantasy reader, but I have read all the LOTR/Harry Potter/Narnia etc., the big ones. I did make it through the first two Game of Thrones but I didn't like them much and haven't bothered with the third one. I think they make a better TV series than novels, honestly, and I'm not ashamed to admit it. Just not worth the effort for me although I generally love a big dense novel (I just read "Wolf Hall" by Hilary Mantel, for example, and that was SO GOOD.)

I am trying not to own pages but am still just under 20 pages behind.

BLASPHEMY !!!! the TV show is a disservice to the novels!! all TV renditions of books are.

I refused to read Harry Potter but I had to read the first one as required reading for a Children's Lit class I took in University. I finished the entire series in a month. I read LOTR back in the day way before the movies and tried to re-read them. I struggled. I also loved the Chronicles of Narnia so you are still good in my books ;)

Regarding eyesight - I have had glasses since the 3rd grade. I now wear contacts. I don't know what my vision is but my contacts are -9.5 and glasses are -10.5. My doctor told my I would not be a good candidate for laser but would need complete lense replacement (i.e. the same as cataract procedure) which will cost about $10k. I will stick with my contacts.

• AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »

Thanks, that makes me feel better! I don't know how long my husband has been playing it but he's on level 20 or 21. I checked on it this morning and almost didn't get my workout in, smh. But the good news is, I'm not mindless eating after I put my daughter to bed, I'm harvesting my crops. Still..smh

When I wake up to pray my first prayer of the day (at dawn) I tend to pick up my phone and start playing it after I pray, instead of going back to sleep. Next thing I know, the sun is up and it's time to get up, but I want to sleep more after losing two solid hours (that I could have spent sleeping) playing the game and then checking this thread! :o

They follow the sun. For clarity, I'll give you their names first: Fajr, Dhuhr, Asr, Maghrib, and Isha. :)

In the winter, I can expect Fajr to be around 5:30 AM. Currently, it's at 3:15 AM. Fajr is the prayer that's called when the first thread of light rises over the horizon and the sky begins to lighten, and the prayer time ends as soon as the sun begins to rise.

Dhuhr is the noon prayer, which is prayed right after the sun has reached its zenith, or its highest peak in the sky. The time for Dhuhr ends when the time for Asr begins. Dhuhr is around 11:30 AM right now.

Asr time begins when the sun is at a certain position in the sky (not too sure how to explain it), and can basically be measured by the time of day when the length of the shadow of a given object is equal to the length of the object itself. Asr time ends when the sun begins to turn orange-ish, but before it starts to set. At the moment, Asr prayers begin around 3:10 PM.

Maghrib time begins as soon as the sun has set completely, but the afterglow is still visible. Maghrib time ends when the afterglow is completely gone, which is when the Isha prayer begins. Maghrib currently falls at 6:30 PM in Saudi Arabia.

Isha prayer lasts until the midway point between dusk and dawn, so currently at 10:45 PM. :)

Thank you for explaining! I've always wondered but never knew how to properly bring it up without being offensive, errr if I offended you. SORRY! :)

Don't apologize! The reason so many people know so little about Islam is because they're so afraid of offending Muslims by asking. :o You're welcome to ask anything that you'd like to know, and I'm always glad to share information. The more we know about each other's cultures, religions, and customs, the less hate there would be between us all, don't you agree? :)

I agree whole heartedly! I'm always curious about world religions, I grew up Roman Catholic so our traditions are pretty basic in my opinion haha.
    I feel like part of the problem is this whole fear mongering situation with ISIS etc BUT I won't open that can of worms :)

I get so mad when it comes to ISIS and their un-Islamic, evil, twisted form of ruling. They're what the world immediately thinks of when the word "Muslim" comes up nowadays AND I HATE THAT SO MUCH. :'( And I have to admit that I bear a hefty amount of resentment towards the Saudi government for the same reason... All idiots, and all representing the millions and millions of Muslims worldwide. Just so.. UGH. -_-

You. I respect. You're so correct!

And I'm not even a liberal Muslim! ;) (I hate that term) But seriously, I feel like everyone thinks that only the so-called liberal Muslims think that ISIS are evil. :-/ My mother-in-law is a Deen (Islamic Studies) teacher, and she knows they're evil and condemns them. My sister is an extremely religious Muslim who covers her face, and she knows it, too, and condemns them. I'm a fully practicing, covering Muslim and I condemn them with every iota of my being, along with any other act of terrorism. Muslims aren't evil, and it makes me sad that so many people don't know that almost exclusively because of stupid ISIS and the idiotic Saudi government. :(

Star fact: ISIS is now blowing up Muslim mosques here in Saudi Arabia. The one they tried to blow up last Friday is thirty minutes away from my house. Because apparently they don't like their definition of Islam. :-/

That has to be so frightening for you sometimes. Be safe!

It's horribly scary to me, because my husband attends Friday prayers at the mosque every week. :( So far, they've blown up one mosque and two guys died keeping the suicide bomber out of the one they attempted last Friday, saving everyone else in the process.

We're being as safe as we can! :)

That sounds super scary and stressful. I am Catholic and I can't imagine feeling that kind of stress during confession or Mass. I'm just...I don't know. It's so different and I want everyone to be able to pray and worship without fear. I'm praying for you if that's OK.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options

Thank you for explaining! I've always wondered but never knew how to properly bring it up without being offensive, errr if I offended you. SORRY! :)

Don't apologize! The reason so many people know so little about Islam is because they're so afraid of offending Muslims by asking. :o You're welcome to ask anything that you'd like to know, and I'm always glad to share information. The more we know about each other's cultures, religions, and customs, the less hate there would be between us all, don't you agree? :)

THIS <3
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    I just saw a fb post about Sister Act being remade (for what possible reason???), and then it suggested a bunch of videos for songs from the movies, so now I'm running around singing Oh Maria.

Sometimes we sing Hail, Holy Queen during Mass and it takes everything I've got not to rock out. LOL
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    I have terrible vision already as well and I wear my contacts every day because wearing glasses messes with my depth perception and makes me fall using the stairs and stuff. I never seem to get used to it. I'm 20/20 with my contacts and they never bother me, so I will never switch unless it become absolutely necessary for my eye health.

Books: I've never been a big fantasy reader, but I have read all the LOTR/Harry Potter/Narnia etc., the big ones. I did make it through the first two Game of Thrones but I didn't like them much and haven't bothered with the third one. I think they make a better TV series than novels, honestly, and I'm not ashamed to admit it. Just not worth the effort for me although I generally love a big dense novel (I just read "Wolf Hall" by Hilary Mantel, for example, and that was SO GOOD.)

I am trying not to own pages but am still just under 20 pages behind.

BLASPHEMY !!!! the TV show is a disservice to the novels!! all TV renditions of books are, except for the BBC Pride & Prejudice with Colin Firth.

I refused to read Harry Potter but I had to read the first one as required reading for a Children's Lit class I took in University. I finished the entire series in a month. I read LOTR back in the day way before the movies and tried to re-read them. I struggled. I also loved the Chronicles of Narnia so you are still good in my books ;)

Regarding eyesight - I have had glasses since the 3rd grade. I now wear contacts. I don't know what my vision is but my contacts are -9.5 and glasses are -10.5. My doctor told my I would not be a good candidate for laser but would need complete lense replacement (i.e. the same as cataract procedure) which will cost about $10k. I will stick with my contacts.
    Fixed that for you!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options

I agree whole heartedly! I'm always curious about world religions, I grew up Roman Catholic so our traditions are pretty basic in my opinion haha.
    I feel like part of the problem is this whole fear mongering situation with ISIS etc BUT I won't open that can of worms :)

I get so mad when it comes to ISIS and their un-Islamic, evil, twisted form of ruling. They're what the world immediately thinks of when the word "Muslim" comes up nowadays AND I HATE THAT SO MUCH. :'( And I have to admit that I bear a hefty amount of resentment towards the Saudi government for the same reason... All idiots, and all representing the millions and millions of Muslims worldwide. Just so.. UGH. -_-

This is how I feel when so called Christians like those duck murdering guys or the Duggers try and represent us as homophobic morons. Makes me cringe! Or the GOP that most claim to be Christians while wanting to cut help for the poor.....I do not understand it but it makes me really REALLY angry! Makes me have to add that while I am Christian, I am not a homophobe nor an asshat.

Our Catholic school board where I live has a good percentage of Muslim students. The general statement was the Islamic faith was one with a strong belief and their parents prefer they go to a school that included prayer and such rather than a public school that has no belief system. A few years ago, they were looking for support to convert an unused class room in each school to a prayer room. Myself and a few others fully supported it, and of course there those idiots that were against it.....those that were against it irritated me cuz I felt that was not Christian like at all.....
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Rabbit914 wrote: »
    ohgeeque wrote: »
    The people who love us never see us as we see ourselves. They look at us with better eyes.

or with truer eyes.

This is what I was trying to say so many pages ago. If we saw ourselves as others see us we would love ourselves so much more.

an artist did this kind of social experiment. Several women met each other in a studio waiting to be sketched. Without meeting the women before hand, the artist would then sit behind a curtain and ask each individual woman to describe herself (Without seeing the subject in person), the artist would sketch a portrait of the woman as she described herself. Next, the artist asked the other women to describe each other to him and he would sketch a portraits of the women based on how other people saw them. The end result was that the portraits that were done as a result of others describing other people were much more flattering than the portraits of those that described themselves.

it was a good campaign by dove.

http://www.adweek.com/adfreak/dove-hires-criminal-sketch-artist-draw-women-they-see-themselves-and-others-see-them-148613
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    I just saw a fb post about Sister Act being remade (for what possible reason???), and then it suggested a bunch of videos for songs from the movies, so now I'm running around singing Oh Maria.

Sometimes we sing Hail, Holy Queen during Mass and it takes everything I've got not to rock out. LOL

When I first saw it, my initial reaction was disappointment that my grandma's church never had a nun choir. It was just organist and congregation, and half those people were tone deaf.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Rabbit914 wrote: »
    ohgeeque wrote: »
    The people who love us never see us as we see ourselves. They look at us with better eyes.

or with truer eyes.

This is what I was trying to say so many pages ago. If we saw ourselves as others see us we would love ourselves so much more.

an artist did this kind of social experiment. Several women met each other in a studio waiting to be sketched. Without meeting the women before hand, the artist would then sit behind a curtain and ask each individual woman to describe herself (Without seeing the subject in person), the artist would sketch a portrait of the woman as she described herself. Next, the artist asked the other women to describe each other to him and he would sketch a portraits of the women based on how other people saw them. The end result was that the portraits that were done as a result of others describing other people were much more flattering than the portraits of those that described themselves.

it was a good campaign by dove.

http://www.adweek.com/adfreak/dove-hires-criminal-sketch-artist-draw-women-they-see-themselves-and-others-see-them-148613
    That's really interesting. Thanks for posting.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    I started gymnastics classes three weeks ago. I'm a 38 year old male. I now ache all the time! In my smallish town the next oldest gymnastics student is 17.

That is awesome! I'm a former gymnast, I quit when I was 18 though. Never too old for gymnastics! I can still tumble and such, yay :)

I wish I was good at Gymnastics, but I can't even do a proper cartwheel:(.
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Today's confession: As you all might know (due to all the food-related confessions I've been dumping in here...), I've gained quite a bit of weight over my low weight since March. I've gained about 10 kilos, to put a number on it, and I'm just getting back on the wagon. :-/

So, after two days eating under my goal, here's how today's weigh-in went: I went to pee (of course), then hopped on the scale in my underclothes. I got a 70.0 and I thought to myself, "I am SO CLOSE to breaking into the 60s again!" This in mind, I became a little bit desperate. So, I turned to my husband and said... "You know what? I'm going to try to pee some more."

He, of course, stared at me like I was crazy. "How in the world do you pee some more?!" I ignored him and went to attempt it, not that it was particularly successful... Is this TMI? ;)

Afterwards, I stripped down and weighed without my underclothes to get rid of every gram of extra weight that I could possibly shed. The scale was kind and measured me at 69.9. So then I go... "YAY! I BROKE INTO THE SIXTIES AGAIN! BOOYAH!" ;) It counts, right?

Lol brilliant :joy:
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options

An additional confession, I am completely ignorant of the world. I don't know much about religions, I don't pay attention to politics, I have no idea what is going on with the news, and I know next to nothing about Isis (except they blow things up and kill people). I literally have no idea when terrible things are happening in the world, as I don't read the newspaper, don't watch tv, don't pay attention to the news. It infuriates my mother that I won't vote, but I always say I won't vote when I am ignorant of the issues.

I have 3 advanced degrees, working on my 4th one, but I pay zero attention to the world. I know its shameful but I am not interested enough to change it. :(

I focus on my industry, my horses, reading and my job. Maybe one day my eyes will open and I'll become interested. Maybe. Until then I am deplorably ignorant and shallow.

Im the same way... If it doesn't affect me, I really could care less
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Confession: I'm pretty proud of myself today. My meal prepping and food intake have been all over the place in the last couple of months, and not having prepped meals has only made it worse. Depression and stress kept me from caring enough to do meal prep, and even when I defrosted meats and such to cook them, I didn't and ended up losing a lot of good food when it went bad. :-/

Which brings me to today. I baked and separated 1.5 kilos of chicken breast into 100 gram baggies and froze them, and baked two sets of vegetarian chickpea burger patties (6 per set) and froze those as well. Meal prep is happening again, and I'm happy about it! :)

That is great! I am glad you are feeling better. I wish I could motivate myself to cook... I spend so much $ eating out ALL THE TIME. The only thing I make at home is my protein shake or I heat up soup. My refrigerator is literally empty, and my cabinets are full of progresso soup and protein bars.

I'm lucky in the fact that I LOVE to cook, especially when I'm trying new recipes. It's only when I'm depressed that I just don't want to do anything, and that includes cooking.

However, I'm unlucky in the fact that I also love to bake, since I can't seem to stop eating my baked goods! ;) Seriously, my dream job would be as a baker who gets to be left to her own devices to make whatever she wants, because I love to be creative and experiment with recipes after I've gotten a good feel for them! Since baking recipes are super-sensitive to any changes you might make, and you have to balance out each change, and there's such a narrow margin for success, the challenge of making a successful new recipe just keeps me loving it and always wanting to try something new. :)

I actually enjoy baking and cooking just not for me as a single person. Just no fun in that. I like to do it for other people.,
  • Oberon21
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    I have 3 advanced degrees, working on my 4th one, but I pay zero attention to the world. I know its shameful but I am not interested enough to change it. :(

I focus on my industry, my horses, reading and my job. Maybe one day my eyes will open and I'll become interested. Maybe. Until then I am deplorably ignorant and shallow.

I am the same way (although not working on a 4th degree!). My mind doesn't do macro-view very well, just micro.

When an issue is near and dear to home (affects me directly) or on a personal level, I'm right into it. An anonymous news story on TV? I just glaze right over.

So some coverage of a bombing on the other side of the world would pretty much escape my notice. White noise. But when SusieQ (whom I sort of "know" as a person) shares about her religion or things going on in her neighbourhood, I'm utterly fascinated.

My patronizing, condescending, pompous *kitten* ex thought this was deplorable. He once told me, "Willful ignorance is NOT a virtue". He used to quiz me about my views of current events regularly.

Oh my he was an *kitten*.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Confession: I made vanilla-flavored pudding pops today with Jell-O instant pudding and milk. I've made them before with the lemon flavored jell-O and yogurt, and they were AWESOME.

Anyhow, I'm so excited to try them that I logged one in my leftover calories yesterday since I didn't have the calories to spare today (I had 100 calories left at the end of the day, and they're only 50 each!), and I'm about to have it right now... At midnight. ;)

Other confession: Dear Lord, I talk a lot. This page is practically all me... :o I must be feeling better, since my run-on mouth is working again! In keyboard form, anyhow. ;)

And we love hearing from you!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    It is almost midnight and I am waiting for my son to get home from work so I can go to bed.

The sad dad stories really got to me today.

When my dad died he was shoveling the drive way and had a heart attack. A neighbor found him. He drove me to school that morning (I was 15), when he did not pick me up, I called, and a cop answered the phone and told me he had died and to come home right away. I actually told the cop that he usually picked me up from school at the other end of town, and I did not know how to get home. His reply was that they would be there when I got there.

I ran back in the school and had a teacher drive me home. Later that day, when I went outside, his hat, eye glasses, blood and vomit were all over the drive way.

At the funeral, in true 'mother' style, she caused a big scene and picked him up out of the casket....I will never forget the crude autopsy scar on the back of his head.

I do not think I will ever fully get over that.

My best girlfriend died two and a half years ago, that was the hardest death I have dealt with other than my father's. Death really sucks!

My rodent is looking rather poor today....he is so skinny and was making a funny noise today when I was holding him. He spends all day in a puff ball in his cage with his head down, this is also what the other one did in the days before he died....I do not think it is gonna be much longer now....I am heartbroken.

On a better note, my sister and her family are coming to visit next month. They live in Indy and I only see them once every couple years......

I am sorry about your dad. That was really rough.

Are you SURE it's not time to euthanize your Degu? Ease his passage to another life?

I was thinking about that last night.....I just do not know what to do...he has periods of time where other than being skinny he seems like he is gonna be fine....and I am so scared to do something like that if he has any chance at all of making it.

This morning when I first got up to make lunch for my son, he was chewing on some wood and even got in his wheel (only for a moment though).....now he is laying down in a corner and did not even get up when I moved his cage back into the living room, which is unusual....I was scared to check if he was breathing, but he is.....

I go back and forth.....half the time I am freaking out and thinking he is ready to go anytime, and then other half the time I think he looks ok......right now I am freaking out, esp as I am ready to leave for work shortly.....

Sorry to hear that you;re going through this. It is tough when you don't know what to do.

For what it's worth, (and this is hard for me to put out there), our cat Sonja had a good 17 year life, she was like a child to my wife. She had all kinds of problems towards the end (CKD, diabetes) and we were pokng her to check her blood sugar, giving her subcutaneous fluids daily, etc. etc. She was happy for another year or so.

But then her blood sugar dropped & she went into a seizure...she recovered but was in pretty bad shape after that, but she got around, ate & we thought she was hanging in there. About 3 months later, we were going have her go to sleep, but we chickened out...and then she had one horrible night. Didn't kill her, but she was clearly in pain.

We sent her off to the fields of Elysium the next morning, but my wife still tears up about that last night. We really wish we had let her go sooner.

Sigh, I feel like the harbinger of bad stories but I did this twice with 2 separate cats. I kept thinking as long as they were eating they were OK, right? Then one of my cats (Quasi...God, I loved that cat) I came home and he couldn't even really walk. I had had to lock him in my kitchen for weeks because he could no longer control his bladder. I had most of the house covered in those wee wee pads but it had just gotten so bad. When I had to lock him up I should have put him down. He was so lonely in there. I would just go in and sit with him. I put saddle pads down as he love to sleep in the saddle pads (I assume he liked the horse smell). Then with Othello, he was having issues, I had to keep having these procedures done on him, I had brought him to the vet to be put to sleep, he was so bad, and they talked me into doing this one more time. They clearly f'd it up, and he was in such pain, he couldn't walk. I took him home and he laid on my chest all night while I petted him and he was clearly in pain and nearly crippled. I got up to go to the bathroom, and he tried to follow me and fell off the bed. I was at the vet the next day when they opened and when they tried to say he was perking up, I stopped them dead and told them to put him to sleep. It was awful.

That is one of the reasons I put Oberon down when I did. He was clearly struggling, and I told my trainer and my vet they needed to say when, keeping him alive at that point was only keeping him alive for me, not for him. So we made the decision. As you know I am still heartbroken over it, but it was the right decision, even though he in so many way was still Oberon. Okay, and now I am crying again... I need to stick with shallow confessions.

:'(