Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,714 Member
    Options
    Anyone remember this confession?

No real time to catch up. I have a few confessions then I have to get to making my rounds.

#2- I totally have the hots for my co-worker/supervisor and I struggle with the moral dilemma of holding to my own personal code of ethics and keeping my feelings(lust) to myself.

Yeah...I'm totally dating my coworker/supervisor now....

We are doing well at keeping work and our outside social activities separate.

Judge me if you must, but it is not against policy and things are going great so far. Taking it day by day.

That being said, I can never go back to dating *kitten*. This man values my time, responds promptly to texts and phone calls, and makes me feel desirable and wanted. Now that I have had someone who treats me with respect and kindness, I can never go back to anything less.

Nor should you! Excellent. I'm glad you are happy. Just enjoy it and see where it leads.
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    Kalici wrote: »
    This morning I was able to put on a shirt that previously was tight. I was super stoked that it was loose and hung straight down from my chest without clinging to my hips or rear end. Then I became depressed because it seriously occurred to me that I've been trying to look like Sponge Bob square pants and walk like a robot my whole life. My mother told me that only *kitten* showed their hips and my step-father told me that only fat slutty *kitten* wiggled when they walked.

I don't wear red either. Even though I love red and I look awesome in red. I am pale skinned, with dark hair and green eyes. I look spectacular in red and I can't wear it because only sluts wear red. I am now upset and pissed off because I know even if I were to buy something that clings in red I probably wouldn't be able to wear it out of the house. I'd be afraid everyone was staring at me for the wrong reasons. I feel pathetic. :/

This post is making me sad, and I'm not really sure what to say...other than eff them. Although that probably isn't very helpful. There is seriously a corner in hell reserved for people that are terrible to children. Hugs to you! You should rock a clingy red shirt and look hot!
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    IAmTheGlue wrote: »
    AlciaMode wrote: »
    So I mentioned earlier that the swimsuit I wanted was sold out. My husband felt bad so he went on Amazon and picked out 4 similar suits and ordered them for me. My confession, I don't deserve such a fantastic man, I'm just glad he doesn't know that. ;)

What a guy!!!

I second that statement. Can we clone him?

Knock yourself out. Let me know how that works out for you. :smile: He's not without flaws though. His flatulence can clear full rooms and he tends to be a workaholic. He is a perfectionist so when he sets a goal, he'll do whatever it takes to reach it. That's both a gift and curse.

God definitely knew what He was doing when He molded that guy. I'm just incredibly humbled He chose me for him. *I'm not crying.

To all you singles out there, DO NOT SETTLE! You deserve someone that thinks the world of you and will do whatever it takes to make you feel like the most important person in their life. If they don't, move on. Luckily, God practically dropped my honey in lap. He knew I was lazy. :smiley:

^ This! I have the same kind of husband. He's my second husband and if I knew what marriage or a relationship *could* feel like, I wouldn't have spent so long with the abusive a$$hat I married first.

I am grateful everyday for my husband. That would be my 2nd best relationship advice: Don't settle. Don't settle. Don't settle.

Working on it. I am a happily divorced 26 year old.

May I ask what the 1st best relationship advice you have is?

My very best relationship advice is: be yourself. 100% exactly who you are from the get go. No best manners. No holding back. Just be 100% the real you, flaws and all. If you leave your cups on the coffee table all week and carry 7 coffee cups to the dishwasher on Saturday , do it from the very beginning. Whatever your worst is... they deserve to know the truth.

I was divorced and happily single for well over a year before I met my husband. I was a single mom of 3 little kids (6, 4 & 2 years old). I wasn't dating anyone and definitely wasn't looking. My washer and fridge died in under a week. We had a new maintenance man at work. I asked him to come look at them and he did. I literally needed those things fixed. I wasn't just trying to pick him up

Anyway, he asked if he could take me to eat after he looked at them and I was all "I don't need a man. I'm not looking for a relationship. But, I will tell you what... you be you...exactly who you are. I'll be me. Exactly who I am. No best behavior or pretending to be someone your aren't. If we click, great. If not, we are no worse off than we are right now. No pretending."

He agreed. I have been exactly me ever since. I was just trying to avoid heartache later when we realized that it actually wouldnt work but had put all this time in getting to know each other. We are very good together and I chalk it up to blatant honesty in who we are.

So, that is my best advice... be yourself. Don't settle. :)

I was going to suggest the same thing. My man knew who he was getting from the jump. I NEVER pretend to be something I'm not. There is no "best behavior" for me, there's just my behavior. Take it or leave it.

I'm glad you agree! I like you!

My husband was a bit of the opposite. I became quite uptight while being with my ex. I had to put on a happy face when we went out. He had high expectations and standards. He once told me that he expected to remain in my work /dress clothes after coming home and would me expect me to wear them while making dinner. I had to listen to his music (he would go as far as change the radio station in my car without asking... I would turn it back and he would get mad).

My husband broke open my shell and allowed me to be goofy and allowed me to be silly without being embarrassed. It was so empowering

And then you killed him. The End.

Really glad you got away from that idiot! Very happy to hear that you are happy now.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    I have a confession. I bought a bag of Chips Ahoy chocolate chip cookies last week because they were on sale and I wanted to buy some freaking cookies. I selfishly told my daughter "THEY ARE MINE!" when she noticed them.

The confession part...I haven't yet opened the bag because I don't want anyone else eating them and as long as they stay closed, I know no one else is. If I open the bag, I don't want to have to keep track of how many cookies I've eaten vs. how many are left in the bag.

I'm very stingy with my food sometimes.

There is always dark chocolate of some variety in our cabinet. The boy tried it a long time ago and didn't like it, so every time he asks for some I remind him that he doesn't like that kind. Wondering when that will end, and hoping never!

Also, the husband said to me "you like old lady chocolate", so I told him if his taste buds were not refined enough to appreciate my quality chocolate then he should keep it out of his mouth. (To clarify, this conversation was playful not mean.)

That made me smile. Dove dark chocolate promises are some of my absolute favorite. My husband bought 3 bags for me for Christmas.

Its taken me a long time to work out that American Dove chocolate = British Galaxy

I hate galaxy chocolate. Cadburys all the way for sweet, every day chocolate. Dark chocolate for those indulgent treats.

Really? I didn't know that!
    And I can't believe you hate Galaxy! I thought we were friends? I'm not angry, just disappointed. :disappointed:

Oh dear. Galaxy chocolate is just vile, over sweetened, fatty tasting blandness. I mean, i'll eat it in a pinch, when there is nothing else available, but its not my go to.

and apparently, we own page 744!

But Galaxy is so silky smooooooth. I prefer it cold to room temperature. Room temperature it is a bit sickly.

I will never turn down Milka chocolate though. The Swiss get chocolate right on so many levels.

mmmm milka! With daim pieces. Yummy!

:p The best are the HUGE bars you get in the airport. Bit like the MASSIVE Toblerone bars.

I need to stop talking about chocolate...

So them apples. I'm a Braeburn girl myself.

count me in for Pink Ladys. Very juicy, crisp and sweet.

I quite enjoy the gala or the honey crisp!

I have never tried a honey crisp apple.....someone mentioned them in this thread really early on, and I search every grocery store in my city looking for them and could not find any! I only generally eat Granny Smith apples, but would like to at least TRY a honey crisp!

ETA: I have no idea what a pink lady apple is either :(

I've tried honeycrisp apple. I liked them, but they had that bitter aftertaste of pesticides too. Have yet to find any organic variety unfortunately. But I'll definitely watch more carefully for the pick your own farms in the area this Fall...

I swear I don't care if things are organic or not but I can really tell the difference in apples...
    I just binged on 4 chocolate chip brioche rolls, and 8 chocolate cookies

I have a love hate relationship with brioche. My mom brought back 5 loaves... one has chocolate chips. I love it. But it's just the least filling food EVER for 300+ calories for a satisfying portion... just not worth it at all. Last time she was here I was starving from PMS and ate half of one, now I'm trying to avoid it altogether.
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Confession - pissed off this morning. Was up too early, which tends to make me grumpy, had a nice breakfast planned, and found out that my mother's boyfriend finished all my English muffins. Now, I don't really mind if people eat my food, but did he REALLY have to eat the LAST THREE in one day?

So I had to get something else. I'm very annoyed. I have no patience for people who eat huge portions of my food, leaving me with none. I don't care if you're obese, you don't finish something when someone else bought it, especially not by having 3 servings of it.

I'm also PMSing.

Ooooh, HATE that! That would enrage me regardless of PMS. Wow, hope he doesn't do that for their entire visit.
  • xLoveLikeWinterx
    xLoveLikeWinterx Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    So I mentioned earlier that the swimsuit I wanted was sold out. My husband felt bad so he went on Amazon and picked out 4 similar suits and ordered them for me. My confession, I don't deserve such a fantastic man, I'm just glad he doesn't know that. ;)

What a guy!!!

Knock yourself out. Let me know how that works out for you. :smile: He's not without flaws though. His flatulence can clear full rooms and he tends to be a workaholic. He is a perfectionist so when he sets a goal, he'll do whatever it takes to reach it. That's both a gift and curse.

God definitely knew what He was doing when He molded that guy. I'm just incredibly humbled He chose me for him. *I'm not crying.

To all you singles out there, DO NOT SETTLE! You deserve someone that thinks the world of you and will do whatever it takes to make you feel like the most important person in their life. If they don't, move on. Luckily, God practically dropped my honey in lap. He knew I was lazy. :smiley:

^ This! I have the same kind of husband. He's my second husband and if I knew what marriage or a relationship *could* feel like, I wouldn't have spent so long with the abusive a$$hat I married first.

I am grateful everyday for my husband. That would be my 2nd best relationship advice: Don't settle. Don't settle. Don't settle.

My very best relationship advice is: be yourself. 100% exactly who you are from the get go. No best manners. No holding back. Just be 100% the real you, flaws and all. If you leave your cups on the coffee table all week and carry 7 coffee cups to the dishwasher on Saturday , do it from the very beginning. Whatever your worst is... they deserve to know the truth.

I was divorced and happily single for well over a year before I met my husband. I was a single mom of 3 little kids (6, 4 & 2 years old). I wasn't dating anyone and definitely wasn't looking. My washer and fridge died in under a week. We had a new maintenance man at work. I asked him to come look at them and he did. I literally needed those things fixed. I wasn't just trying to pick him up

Anyway, he asked if he could take me to eat after he looked at them and I was all "I don't need a man. I'm not looking for a relationship. But, I will tell you what... you be you...exactly who you are. I'll be me. Exactly who I am. No best behavior or pretending to be someone your aren't. If we click, great. If not, we are no worse off than we are right now. No pretending."

He agreed. I have been exactly me ever since. I was just trying to avoid heartache later when we realized that it actually wouldnt work but had put all this time in getting to know each other. We are very good together and I chalk it up to blatant honesty in who we are.

I was going to suggest the same thing. My man knew who he was getting from the jump. I NEVER pretend to be something I'm not. There is no "best behavior" for me, there's just my behavior. Take it or leave it.

My husband was a bit of the opposite. I became quite uptight while being with my ex. I had to put on a happy face when we went out. He had high expectations and standards. He once told me that he expected to remain in my work /dress clothes after coming home and would me expect me to wear them while making dinner. I had to listen to his music (he would go as far as change the radio station in my car without asking... I would turn it back and he would get mad).

My husband broke open my shell and allowed me to be goofy and allowed me to be silly without being embarrassed. It was so empowering

Really glad you got away from that idiot! Very happy to hear that you are happy now.

Bwahahaha I actually lol'ed at work (my boss did not approve).

And my ex was like that too- he was Eastern European and ranted and raved all the time about "lazy sloppy Americans" and how we wore way too many yoga pants and sweatpants. I wasn't "allowed" to change out of work clothes until I was literally going to sleep, had to learn his language and couldn't speak English at home, I had to dress up to go to the grocery store... It sucked.

Dumping him was one of the greatest gifts I ever gave to myself (other than my 2 babies).
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,367 Member
    Options
    3 of the swimsuits and the swimsuit cover came from Amazon yesterday. As soon as I walked in the door, I was asked to "model" them.

The first one I tried on barley covered my nipples and I feared my boob would pop out if I made any sudden movements. It was a really cute navy with white polka dots suit and it was my husband's favorite.

The second one was just like the one I found on Anthropologie's website, but it was a lot less expensive. I shimmied into it and had him tie the halter. It fit perfectly and made my butt look amazing. I was really excited.

The third one was a little strange. It was like a mini dress with a bikini bottom attached. The back was really cute and when I pulled the skirt down a little bit, it made my butt look amazing. The top where the two cups met was a little messed up or I probably would have kept it.

I am due to get the final one today. I am most excited about it. I hope this works. http://www.amazon.com/Cocoship-Vintage-Monokinis-Halter-Swimsuit/dp/B00TI5BMYG/ref=pd_sim_193_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=1ZWTW24XMYZ5XAWWN296

My husband also said he was going to buy me another swimsuit cover.

Every day I get a little bit more excited about our trip. Especially now that I have at least one really cute swimsuit.

Oh my, I want! That is so cute!! I wonder if I can get that in England?

Edit: And of course the one your husband liked was the most revealing :lol:

He was looking at string bikinis last night. I think he's a little confused as to what my body ACTUALLY looks like. I definitely DON'T have a "bikini body". At least not yet, anyway. :smiley:

My fella suffers from the same confusion, particularly when it comes to tops. He'll see something in a shop window and say, "That would look really good on you". Umm, no. It looks fabulous on the mannequin because she has a 36D bust to hold it up... it would droop really unattractively on me.

He recently saw some very fitted (clingy) tops and thought they would fit me really well. I pointed out the very obvious clips used in the back to gather up the excess fabric (that store badly needs a new stylist).
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    Truth is I sweat like an absolute pig.. I tell people it's the tablets I'm taking (which maybe has a little contribution) but I know full well the main reason is because I'm obese. Hehe *hi from the sweaty one*

@bkyestewart I sweat like crazy as well. ESPECIALLY when doing cardio. I'm @188.5 lbs right now and I STILL sweat like crazy. I wasn't like this is high school, I think it's just hormones. :disappointed:

Thankfully during my normal activities, I don't sweat much, but during cardio, yikes! I mean, that's the point, but still. The gym I go to for cardio is super nice, central air conditioning, nice and cool. After 40 min. on the step mill I have sweat running down my shoulders and coming out of the tops of my hands! Including all the other places. Not just an issue if you have extra weight on you. I'm the same way. Oh, and the flushed face is a lovely accompaniment.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,367 Member
    Options
    This morning I was able to put on a shirt that previously was tight. I was super stoked that it was loose and hung straight down from my chest without clinging to my hips or rear end. Then I became depressed because it seriously occurred to me that I've been trying to look like Sponge Bob square pants and walk like a robot my whole life. My mother told me that only *kitten* showed their hips and my step-father told me that only fat slutty *kitten* wiggled when they walked.

I don't wear red either. Even though I love red and I look awesome in red. I am pale skinned, with dark hair and green eyes. I look spectacular in red and I can't wear it because only sluts wear red. I am now upset and pissed off because I know even if I were to buy something that clings in red I probably wouldn't be able to wear it out of the house. I'd be afraid everyone was staring at me for the wrong reasons. I feel pathetic. :/

I'm thinking you should try to get past this with baby steps... a little splash of colour here and there to start, some mildly wiggle-generating mid-height heels... and work your way up.

My mother held the odd notion that "only widows wear black" but fortunately that didn't get passed on to me and I wear a lot of black. Oh, and when I was a teen somebody told her that only sluts wear big earrings. That was her one and only piece of advice to me upon starting high school. Lol. (I just put them on after I left the house)

I've never been much for wearing bright colours or fancy patterns since I've always preferred to fade into the background, but I've slowly been adding more vibrant clothes into my wardrobe.
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    Accents: in my opinion, small-town Canadians (from anywhere) have a very different accent to city-dwellers and it's very noticeable. I've lived my whole life in urban Alberta and my accent is apparently geographically untraceable (depending on who I'm talking to, I've heard everything from "California" to "oh, were your parents Scandinavian?" to "did you grow up in England?" in my life) but I think there is a very distinct accent for rural Canadians (and, obviously, for French-Canadians and a couple variations for East Coasters too.)

It's not quite the same was what people think of as a "Canadian accent" (which usually sounds more like Minnesota to me when I hear it played for laughs on TV) but it's definitely a thing.

If you want to know what a rural Canadian accent sounds like...

http://youtu.be/F-glHAzXi_M[/embed]

I call that one the "Trailer Park Boys accent". Thanks for sharing. :)

Rural Manitoba is a little more "nasally" sounding to me.

And I've never said "aboot" for about in my life.
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options

Hey, thanks! Going to have to jump in on that thread. This one is SO busy I tend to run out of time to check others and I miss some things.

You aren't missing anything. I was waiting for some info earlier and ventured out to read some others.
    Just a lot of arguments about sugar and why I'm a loser if I overeat stuff that tastes good.

So, same-old, same-old, huh? Good to know. The threads can get extremely repetitive.

You would think that some of the "usual suspects" would get tired of berating everyone that asks a stupid question about cleansing, the military diet, fasting, or limiting some food group from their diet. I see the titles and cringe!

I know, it's crazy. Some posters are obsessed with trying to be right and making their point. I did read a response on a thread that was titled something about "How do you know you're obsessed the MFP?" and one of the "usual suspects" replied that they've responded to the same sugar is evil / cleansing / fasting threads so many times that they have responses typed out and saved. Then they just copy and paste them. Sounds like way too much work to me!
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    annette_15 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    bkhamill wrote: »
    my foot (if I managed to attach this pic)os6wvyyvx4y0.jpg

I hope it feels 100% soon!!

Thanks, it is getting better, the bruise is much uglier, so that means it came up to the surface more and is now much less painful today.

Glad to hear it is improving because it looks painful. But, you still haven't told us what you did to earn that nasty injury! Just being nosy.

Umm... it is embarrasing. I was using my elyptical (the as a step to reach something, and the darn thing spun around and threw me off.

I have a scar on my elbow from a treadmill, where I was trying to jump off to join an exercise class I was late for. I thought I hit the 'off' button, but didn't, stepped back on it to get off, it caught me, I went flying but being an idiot I grabbed the hand rail, and lay on the moving treadmill with my skin on my elbow getting ripped off before I realized I should just let go and fly off the treadmill. It was SO embarrassing. And then I had to fill out an incident report, everyone came running over, etc.

I once also went to do a push up, my elbow gave out and I fell on my face. I was a teenager working out at home. I gave myself a fat lip. I refused to go to school until it went down as I didn't want anyone to know I gave myself a fat lip trying to do a push up (oh, the irony).

Lol I've secretly always wanted to see someone fly off the treadmill.. glad you're ok tho :joy:

j3s7yaw86c34.gif

OMG! LOL! That was so me the other week sans the flipping trying to pull the dangly cord while laying on the treadmill.

This gif is hilarious. I can't stop watching it.
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options

This post is making me sad, and I'm not really sure what to say...other than eff them. Although that probably isn't very helpful. There is seriously a corner in hell reserved for people that are terrible to children. Hugs to you! You should rock a clingy red shirt and look hot!

Thank you. It is kind of nice to hear that it isn't just me who thinks they were messed up. I think it makes it worse if you think you're alone in what ever you're feeling and/or experiencing.

• LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    Accents: in my opinion, small-town Canadians (from anywhere) have a very different accent to city-dwellers and it's very noticeable. I've lived my whole life in urban Alberta and my accent is apparently geographically untraceable (depending on who I'm talking to, I've heard everything from "California" to "oh, were your parents Scandinavian?" to "did you grow up in England?" in my life) but I think there is a very distinct accent for rural Canadians (and, obviously, for French-Canadians and a couple variations for East Coasters too.)

It's not quite the same was what people think of as a "Canadian accent" (which usually sounds more like Minnesota to me when I hear it played for laughs on TV) but it's definitely a thing.

If you want to know what a rural Canadian accent sounds like...

http://youtu.be/F-glHAzXi_M[/embed]

Any Canadians used to watch DeGrassi?? I was obsessed!! Where Drake was little Jimmy before he hit it big. And I know people love to hate him but I will always love the Biebs! Also, all the crap they give Robin about being Canadian in How I Met Your Mother is hilarious- love that show!
  • Trilby16
    Trilby16 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    My confession: I've eating low-carb AND low-cal at the same time for the past 3 weeks and it's working great. I'm generally staying under 900 cals. and no one can stop me! Low-carb helps me not be constantly ravenous. Low-cal, well, do the math.
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Edit: This is to Susie:
    Oh, I'm so sorry you're feeling bad. There's no rhyme or reason to depression, so try not feel like you're wrong to feel the way you do. I think guilt is a very common issue.

I'm very worried about your talk of dying though. Do you have a doctor who's helping you? Is your husband around?

Not to worry, I've never been suicidal. :) I just want to... Stop existing, if that makes sense. It's almost midnight here and my husband is asleep, but he's around to wake up if I need him. :)

Nope, I don't have a doctor. I mentioned it like five million posts back, but I'm terrified of doctors. I tried to get help once and I just couldn't make it through the sessions. I broke down after my second one and never went back. I also never spoke to the doctor directly (my husband had to speak for me), because I have selective mutism and couldn't speak. It was a pretty useless attempt, to be honest. :-/

Have you tried videoconferencing with any doctors? There is a woman at the barn that is a psychiatrist. She has some patients she video conferences with. Perhaps that would work for you? By not being in person maybe that would help with the fear of speaking? And allow you to be more open?

Nope, it wouldn't help. :) I've tried it with my husband, and it doesn't make it any easier whether it's on a video conference or face to face. Plus, I'm pretty sure the doctors here don't offer the option, so the point is pretty moot anyway. :-/

You have to have a doctor there? Can't go outside of the country? I would think a good psychiatrist would understand there are options here like maybe you write letters back and forth or something.

Not even within the country. My insurance only covers care within the healthcare clinics available inside my husband's work campus. And psychiatrists aren't exactly affordable without any form of insurance to cover their fee. :-/

I'm not comfortable going back to the only available psychiatrist available there (who didn't work out the first time) with my tail between my legs and admitting that I cancelled the third session and the counseling appointment that was supposed to follow it, and didn't even attempt to try the medication he tossed at me without even bothering to let me try to speak. :'(

Well, going to the wrong doctor isn't a good option either. Would probably do more damage than good. That isn't going to help. Hmmm. I am going to ask this woman. Not that she is going to know much about the rules in your country but still...there has to be options.

That's really kind of you to do for an internet stranger!! :) Thank you so much for going the extra mile. :)

You don't fee like a stranger to us! I'd love to offer suggestions, but I don't really know what to say, so I'm really grateful for those here who do have the ability and resources to help.

Haha I agree- I feel like I know everyone here :)
  • LBuehrle8
    Options

What a guy!!!

Just laughed out loud at this one, too perfect
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »

I'm thinking you should try to get past this with baby steps... a little splash of colour here and there to start, some mildly wiggle-generating mid-height heels... and work your way up.

My mother held the odd notion that "only widows wear black" but fortunately that didn't get passed on to me and I wear a lot of black. Oh, and when I was a teen somebody told her that only sluts wear big earrings. That was her one and only piece of advice to me upon starting high school. Lol. (I just put them on after I left the house)

I've never been much for wearing bright colours or fancy patterns since I've always preferred to fade into the background, but I've slowly been adding more vibrant clothes into my wardrobe.

Yes, that is pretty much what I do. Pretty much all of my clothing is a shade of black or grey with some blue jeans thrown in.

• Trilby16
    Trilby16 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    sigh...When I found that I couldn't eat peanut butter in moderation, and had to get it out of my apartment ASAP, I not only threw it away-I drowned the jar in water first so I wouldn't be tempted...

I can't believe I shared that.

I used to go to OA many years ago, and a lady there once shared that when she had foods in the house she needed to stop eating she would "Ivory Snow them," meaning put the item in the garbage and liberally sprinkle Ivory Snow on it to prevent eating it out of the garbage
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    shawnaes91 wrote: »
    Here lately I really haven't been stressing about my weight or my goal weight. I'll get on the scale an weigh my self and see I may have gained or lost a pound and I'm just not stressing about it I feel happier about the fact that I'm not stressing out anymore then how much I've lost.

The best part about this I think is for me to be able to say I've dd it and still doing it to all the people who didn't believe me.

I think finally obtaining that relaxed state of mind is a key to long-term success and happiness. Good for you! Stick with it mainly for yourself, but also to prove everyone who doubted you wrong.