Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    I keep getting bumped ahead and missing posts, which I don't realize exist unless someone quotes them later.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    LH85DC wrote: »
    My poor pup has been so sick for a week now, just kinda tired and lethargic, plus a little sick to his stomach. Still eating (for the most part), but nothing seems to agree with him. Trying to get him in to see the vet in the next day or two - hopefully it's nothing serious and he just ate something bad! He might be almost seven years old, but he's still my baby

ofp2176wp2r6.jpg

Edited to add that my cats (Tadpole is the big brown and white guy, Purranha the little grey one) are totally taking advantage of him being sick... stealing food out of his bowl, swatting at him even though he isn't doing anything. They better watch out when he starts feeling better!
    votg4ib1phvb.jpg

What a gorgeous dog! Hope he feels better soon

Ditto. He is beautiful!
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    karenwill2 wrote: »
    I resent people that have weight loss surgery. I feel like they are cheating. Not because they are taking the easy way out, but that they have the option. The most difficult way is my absolute only option ever. I suffer from envy.

Not judging, but that's kind of like resenting diabetics for taking metformin. Believe me, the things you need wrong with you to qualify are their own nest of snakes, and don't always go away with surgery.

True, from the limited accounts I've read here and heard about elsewhere, not only is recover from the surgery very difficult (depending on which type you have), but it's not a miracle. Emotionally-related food issues do not disappear, neither does your life become perfect just because you are at your goal weight, regardless of how you got there.

@karenwill2, no problem expressing a thought here, though. That's what this thread is for. Hoping you don't take the comments negatively.
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    I resent people that have weight loss surgery. I feel like they are cheating. Not because they are taking the easy way out, but that they have the option. The most difficult way is my absolute only option ever. I suffer from envy.

No judgement here, but from everything I've read, the surgical way is not easy. I will do it this way any day!

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Rabbit914 wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    Food-related confession: I'm completely fed up with long pasta like spaghetti and linguine. Manual dexterity isn't my strong suit and I get so bored with twirling it into a manageable forkful, which seems to take me an extraordinary length of time, and I end up losing most of the sauce in the process so all I taste is the noodle. And there is usually some trailing end that I can't manage to train onto the fork that thwaps me in the chin anyway. I gave up ordering these types of noodles in restaurants long ago since I can't manage to eat them gracefully.

We had some leftover meat sauce and the SO made it with linguine last night (which obviously prompted this confession!). After the first couple of mouthfuls, I decided "screw it" and started hacking it up into smaller pieces with my knife. What the hell, I was in the privacy of my own home, who cares if I commit Pasta Sacrilege?

Again way behind here- but wanted to say that I pick up the noodles with my fork then twirl it onto a spoon which helps get all the goodness in the bite you want. But I appreciate your description. Made me smile.

I used to love making spaghetti sandwiches with two slices of bread when I was younger.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Thinking of making a post on the main forum: 'I just ate a Fibre One lemon bar and it was stale. I ate it anyway, but is it true that stale food has fewer calories?'
    How do you think that would go down?

I think you'll get better results if you save it for Friday.
    True. Maybe I'll mention that I'm eating them as part of my cleanse.

It's Monday morning and I was having kind of a crappy morning until I read this! LOL over here!

Ahahahaha you have to throw in something about it giving you bad flatulence too!
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Started having intense belly pains this morning and went to the ER... Found out after 6 hours that it's ovarian cysts... one is 1.7 inch and the other 1.3 inch. I guess it explains why I gain water when I ovulate and only lose it after my period. Yikes. But the first thing I did when I got home, once I was sure it wasn't a digesting issue, is have some streak and broccoli... and a big bowl of ice cream and two cookies. But I still have 1100 calories left today.

And really hoping the pain doesn't come back.

Did you schedule an appointment with your gyno? They usually like to keep an eye on those things and take them out if they get much bigger especially if you're having pain. And you're right, the pain is really bad!

I don't have one... bad history with GYNs and my insurance stopped working with the last one too. Now I have to find another one... again.

I'm not a big fan of the doctor either but those cysts can be scary stuff and they need a close watch. Please take care of yourself and find someone to make sure you stay healthy :) Good luck, and I hope you'll be feeling better soon.

I second this.

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Started having intense belly pains this morning and went to the ER... Found out after 6 hours that it's ovarian cysts... one is 1.7 inch and the other 1.3 inch. I guess it explains why I gain water when I ovulate and only lose it after my period. Yikes. But the first thing I did when I got home, once I was sure it wasn't a digesting issue, is have some streak and broccoli... and a big bowl of ice cream and two cookies. But I still have 1100 calories left today.

Did you schedule an appointment with your gyno? They usually like to keep an eye on those things and take them out if they get much bigger especially if you're having pain. And you're right, the pain is really bad!

I don't have one... bad history with GYNs and my insurance stopped working with the last one too. Now I have to find another one... again.

I know you have issues with this, but if you can get to see an OB/GYN I'd encourage it. I have a few of these cysts and twice they ruptured. Sent me to the ER in extreme pain. BOTH times I was wrongly diagnosed with kidney stones. Curiously, I never passed them nor did they show up on the dye tests, but they were insistent that's what it was. Come to find out it was ruptured cysts. Super painful.

I can't even imagine, if they hurt so much and haven't even ruptured...

I found one and I have an appointment for Thursday... Good times. Sigh.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Food-related confession: I'm completely fed up with long pasta like spaghetti and linguine. Manual dexterity isn't my strong suit and I get so bored with twirling it into a manageable forkful, which seems to take me an extraordinary length of time, and I end up losing most of the sauce in the process so all I taste is the noodle. And there is usually some trailing end that I can't manage to train onto the fork that thwaps me in the chin anyway. I gave up ordering these types of noodles in restaurants long ago since I can't manage to eat them gracefully.

We had some leftover meat sauce and the SO made it with linguine last night (which obviously prompted this confession!). After the first couple of mouthfuls, I decided "screw it" and started hacking it up into smaller pieces with my knife. What the hell, I was in the privacy of my own home, who cares if I commit Pasta Sacrilege?
    Being over 1000 posts behind due to a crazy week, I am just skimming through and this was the first one I stopped to comment on.....I CARE LOL
    In the hereby introductarily-implemented, paraphrased-phrasing, and quasi-quoted words of Italian_Buju... ;)

Being over 1000+ (as in, WAY more than that!) posts behind, due to (1) initially having been out of town, (2) feeling 'buried' by the avalanche-like deluge of posts I would need to navigate in order to 'catch up', (3) a subsequent intervening long holiday weekend 'taking another bite' out of 'time available for other things', and (4) having relatively busy weekends now, and for several more weeks, as a result of the sporting activities of some young relatives...

...I have finally found the 'courage' to skim through (a subset of) the thread (albeit 'backwards', in a reverse chronological fashion (temporarily 'bypassing' the 'hinterlands' of heretofore unread 'confessionary' (not to be confused with confectionary ;) ) (confessionary? -- should I make it "Confessionaria" (?), what with its both connoting {{{ -aria : a suffix; a place for; abounding in or connected with something; a place containing or related to that which is specified by the root). }}} -AND- {{{ a suffix occurring in scientific terms of Latin origin, especially in names of biological genera and groups }}}... ;) )))...

...and this was the first series of posts I stopped to comment on... ;)

crosbylee wrote: »
    I break mine in half when cooking, so shorter pieces!!
    I used to do that! It also makes it easier to get the darned things underwater in the pot.

I stopped doing it because my ex was absolutely horrified by this practice and kinda shamed me into cooking them whole. Yeah, I should've told him to get off his *kitten* and cook it himself or STFU.

Maybe I'll make that suggestion to the SO (he's the cook).
    You guys are killing me with all your pasta-icide stories! These are sins against my people!!! :p
    ...pasta-icide...(!)

...prior to today, I'd not been acquainted with this apparently stealthily-added 'extension' to the criminal code... ;)

I suddenly cannot help wondering... would it 'mess with' Italian_Buju's pasta juju (not to be confused with Zuzu's petals or Kajagoogoo ;) ) to learn of anyone *pureeing* cooked pasta -- ?! (oh, the sacrilege!)... And what of the brave souls who attempt to cook pasta in a microwave, and open the door to find that it has practically 'exploded about', and is scattered and torn (apologies to Natalie Imbruglia (and whose father is Sicilian, of all things!)), and sticking to all manner of interior surface structure...?! (accidental annihilation is no excuse! (and would a moment of silence be required?))...

...does Italian_Buju perhaps secretly wish -- and analogous to a driver's license -- that anyone who desires to cook pasta be in possession of a kind of 'learner's permit' (first!), to be followed by an official pasta cooking 'license' -- and that said license's value, in attesting to perceived pasta preparation competency, be further 'enhanced' by its being acquired in conjunction with a special 'graduation' ceremony -- let alone, one that involves a pasta version of The Hippocratic Oath (?!)...

And so... with apologies to Hippocrates, and to the man who wrote the modern day version of said oath -- Louis Lasagna (<-- I'm not making that up! -- talk about *relevant* to the discussion at hand! (oh, how truth can indeed be stranger than fiction!)), the following is a 'custom' version of the Hippocratic Oath (hereafter to be referred to as the Pastacratic Oath (not to be confused with the Pancreatic Oath or the Plutocratic Oath -- both of which are *entirely* different beasts)) ;) --

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I swear to fulfill, to the best of my ability and judgment, this covenant:

I will respect the hard-won culinary gains of those Italian pastacians in whose steps I walk, and gladly share such knowledge as is mine with those who are to follow.

I will apply, for the benefit of the pasta-craved, all measures which are required, avoiding those twin traps of overcooking and expeditious shortcutting.

I will remember that there is art to cooking as well as science, and that warmth, sympathy, and understanding may (but will rarely) outweigh the cook's experience, pasta, or sauce.

I will not be ashamed to say "I know not," nor will I fail to call in my forebears when the skills of another are needed for a recipient's palate.

I will respect the privacy of my patrons, for their palate proclivities are not disclosed to me that the world may know. Most especially must I tread with care in matters of pasta and sauce. If it is given me to save a sauce from ruin, all thanks. But it may also be within my power to take a pasta's life; this awesome responsibility must be faced with great humbleness and awareness of my own frailty. Above all, I must not play at God.

I will remember that I do not create a recipe, or wanton taste, but a viable pasta noodle, whose integrity and physical properties may affect the consumer's satiety and sauce stickability. My responsibility includes these related problems, if I am to care adequately for the pasta-hungry.

I will prevent pasta-icide whenever I can, for prevention is preferable to cure (at least, until edible superglue exists -- though would still involve risk of lyrics from the Natalie Imbruglia -sung song "Torn" haunting me for the remainder of my days -- {{{ Illusion never changed... into something real... You're a little late... I'm already torn... }}} -- and would be too great a cataclysmic consequence to endure).

I will remember that I remain a member of society, with special obligations to all my fellow human beings, those sound of mind and palate as well as the taste-deprivation inured.

If I do not violate this oath, may I enjoy life and art, respected while I live and remembered with affection thereafter. If I do, however, violate this oath, may I enjoy leniency from the scepter of the patron saint of pasta, Italian_Buju, whose tutelary spirit and pasta advocacy have mitigated the incidence of pasta-icide the world over, and whose intolerance for spoon-spun mouthfuls being cut into spoon-scoopable bitefuls would make even Louis Lasagna rue the day any such line were crossed. May I always act so as to preserve the finest traditions of my calling and may I long experience the joy of feeding those who seek my food.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Long live pasta... and may its uncut ribbonry, spin-spun spoonery, and sauce-sloshed-surface stickery break nary an Italian_Buju's heart, defy nary a ythannah's wishes, nor cross any crosbylee cookery if cut, cracked, crushed, or crumbled... the sanctity of pasta's 'rights to assembly', and its rights to redress (with a red dress -- aka pasta sauce), are at stake... and Italian_Buju -- a kind of Superhero -like defender of all things Italian, and a world-renowned Pasta Rights Activist -- remains at the forefront of this battle to ensure pasta's dignity, liberty, and sauceability... may our long, national nightmare of cut pasta soon be over... may amnesty be bestowed upon those guilty of pasta-icide... and may we all find peace in the sauce-dressed recesses of the carbohydrative 'pockets' of pasta's palate-pleasing primacy...

;)

Ah there you are. Welcome back!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Edit: This is to Susie:
    Oh, I'm so sorry you're feeling bad. There's no rhyme or reason to depression, so try not feel like you're wrong to feel the way you do. I think guilt is a very common issue.

I'm very worried about your talk of dying though. Do you have a doctor who's helping you? Is your husband around?

Not to worry, I've never been suicidal. :) I just want to... Stop existing, if that makes sense. It's almost midnight here and my husband is asleep, but he's around to wake up if I need him. :)

Nope, I don't have a doctor. I mentioned it like five million posts back, but I'm terrified of doctors. I tried to get help once and I just couldn't make it through the sessions. I broke down after my second one and never went back. I also never spoke to the doctor directly (my husband had to speak for me), because I have selective mutism and couldn't speak. It was a pretty useless attempt, to be honest. :-/

Have you tried videoconferencing with any doctors? There is a woman at the barn that is a psychiatrist. She has some patients she video conferences with. Perhaps that would work for you? By not being in person maybe that would help with the fear of speaking? And allow you to be more open?

Nope, it wouldn't help. :) I've tried it with my husband, and it doesn't make it any easier whether it's on a video conference or face to face. Plus, I'm pretty sure the doctors here don't offer the option, so the point is pretty moot anyway. :-/

You have to have a doctor there? Can't go outside of the country? I would think a good psychiatrist would understand there are options here like maybe you write letters back and forth or something.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I keep getting bumped ahead and missing posts, which I don't realize exist unless someone quotes them later.

Me too! I feel like sometimes I missed whole conversations. So weird. I thought it was me reading backwards, that I was skipping stuff sometimes when I have a lot of pages I have missed. So, if I don't reply to anyone or express sympathy I apologize in advance and in arrears.
  • fr3smyl
    fr3smyl Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    fr3smyl wrote: »
    So glad I don't have company right now. I smell like pure melted calories. It's showering time. :p

LOL! Would melted calories = funny gym sweat smell?

Yes. Yes it does ;)
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    I'm ragingly hungry today (getting ready for TOM) and all I want to do is EAT, but I'm on a mushies/soft foods diet for the next couple days because of my teeth. I want BEEF and chicken and all the things I can't have :(

I'm also expecting my period & ate horribly today:(. I feel like such a failure. I'm not going to try & make up for the binge like I did in the past but treat tomorrow as a new eating day.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    Oh, I'm so sorry you're feeling bad. There's no rhyme or reason to depression, so try not feel like you're wrong to feel the way you do. I think guilt is a very common issue.

I'm very worried about your talk of dying though. Do you have a doctor who's helping you? Is your husband around?

Not to worry, I've never been suicidal. :) I just want to... Stop existing, if that makes sense. It's almost midnight here and my husband is asleep, but he's around to wake up if I need him. :)

Nope, I don't have a doctor. I mentioned it like five million posts back, but I'm terrified of doctors. I tried to get help once and I just couldn't make it through the sessions. I broke down after my second one and never went back. I also never spoke to the doctor directly (my husband had to speak for me), because I have selective mutism and couldn't speak. It was a pretty useless attempt, to be honest. :-/

Have you tried videoconferencing with any doctors? There is a woman at the barn that is a psychiatrist. She has some patients she video conferences with. Perhaps that would work for you? By not being in person maybe that would help with the fear of speaking? And allow you to be more open?

Nope, it wouldn't help. :) I've tried it with my husband, and it doesn't make it any easier whether it's on a video conference or face to face. Plus, I'm pretty sure the doctors here don't offer the option, so the point is pretty moot anyway. :-/

You have to have a doctor there? Can't go outside of the country? I would think a good psychiatrist would understand there are options here like maybe you write letters back and forth or something.

Not even within the country. My insurance only covers care within the healthcare clinics available inside my husband's work campus. And psychiatrists aren't exactly affordable without any form of insurance to cover their fee. :-/

I'm not comfortable going back to the only available psychiatrist available there (who didn't work out the first time) with my tail between my legs and admitting that I cancelled the third session and the counseling appointment that was supposed to follow it, and didn't even attempt to try the medication he tossed at me without even bothering to let me try to speak. :'(
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options

I know you have issues with this, but if you can get to see an OB/GYN I'd encourage it. I have a few of these cysts and twice they ruptured. Sent me to the ER in extreme pain. BOTH times I was wrongly diagnosed with kidney stones. Curiously, I never passed them nor did they show up on the dye tests, but they were insistent that's what it was. Come to find out it was ruptured cysts. Super painful.

I can't even imagine, if they hurt so much and haven't even ruptured...

I found one and I have an appointment for Thursday... Good times. Sigh.

Good! Keep that appointment and hopefully this doctor will listen to you and make the whole experience as pleasant as possible, given the circumstances.
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options

Not judging, but that's kind of like resenting diabetics for taking metformin. Believe me, the things you need wrong with you to qualify are their own nest of snakes, and don't always go away with surgery.

True, from the limited accounts I've read here and heard about elsewhere, not only is recover from the surgery very difficult (depending on which type you have), but it's not a miracle. Emotionally-related food issues do not disappear, neither does your life become perfect just because you are at your goal weight, regardless of how you got there.

@karenwill2, no problem expressing a thought here, though. That's what this thread is for. Hoping you don't take the comments negatively.

This. Completely.
    i had gastric bypass in 2008. the recovery was excruciating, i had to have a home health care worker come to my house every day for three weeks to change my gauze and bandages...that were partially INTERNAL. it felt like i was being gutted and stuffed every morning. yet, contrast to others i've talked to who have also had it, my recovery went a lot more smoothly than theirs did. so i can't even imagine the pain they went through.

and i never actually got to my "goal weight" before the regain started. i lost 100 pounds over the first year or so, but now i've gained 30 of that back (was up to 40, but i've dropped 10 so far). i'm a total emotional eater (and drinker) and that didn't go away...regardless of how little i was able to eat. instead i just turned to grazing all the time.

and now i have stomach issues... and purging issues (that i never had previously), and it's extremely frustrating. i basically went from one set of crappy issues to another set of crappy issues.

but, it was the decision i made and i'm living with it. now i just consider it a painful kick in the butt i desperately needed. by far it's not a fix all/cure all. not even slightly.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    my foot (if I managed to attach this pic)os6wvyyvx4y0.jpg

I hope it feels 100% soon!!

Thanks, it is getting better, the bruise is much uglier, so that means it came up to the surface more and is now much less painful today.

Glad to hear it is improving because it looks painful. But, you still haven't told us what you did to earn that nasty injury! Just being nosy.

Umm... it is embarrasing. I was using my elyptical (the as a step to reach something, and the darn thing spun around and threw me off.

I have a scar on my elbow from a treadmill, where I was trying to jump off to join an exercise class I was late for. I thought I hit the 'off' button, but didn't, stepped back on it to get off, it caught me, I went flying but being an idiot I grabbed the hand rail, and lay on the moving treadmill with my skin on my elbow getting ripped off before I realized I should just let go and fly off the treadmill. It was SO embarrassing. And then I had to fill out an incident report, everyone came running over, etc.

I once also went to do a push up, my elbow gave out and I fell on my face. I was a teenager working out at home. I gave myself a fat lip. I refused to go to school until it went down as I didn't want anyone to know I gave myself a fat lip trying to do a push up (oh, the irony).
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    mkakids wrote: »
    When people ask me or my brother what our favorite dessert is and we say "brownie batter", they always look at us quizzically and say "...brownies, you mean?" No. Delicious, raw-eggy brownie batter.

While I sympathize with the weekly trap you've found yourself in, I'm glad to have found another Batter Enthusiast.

(Are you making it from scratch, or using box mix? I can't keep any sort of quick desert options in the house. If I want something sweet, I have to make it, so it happens less often. Not that brownie batter is hard to whip up....)

Have you even frozen brownie batter? OMG......AMAZING. it never fully solidifies, and is like batter soft serve. Heaven!

Oh holy crap, that sounds amazing! I may have to just try that.

Sadly, I STILL have not tried this. :(

Sounds pretty good. I did try a smaller version of the Funfetti batter I found on Pinterest & it was good.

The Eggless Cookie Dough I made was also tasty, but too doughy.
  • Oberon21
    Options

Not even within the country. My insurance only covers care within the healthcare clinics available inside my husband's work campus. And psychiatrists aren't exactly affordable without any form of insurance to cover their fee. :-/

I'm not comfortable going back to the only available psychiatrist available there (who didn't work out the first time) with my tail between my legs and admitting that I cancelled the third session and the counseling appointment that was supposed to follow it, and didn't even attempt to try the medication he tossed at me without even bothering to let me try to speak. :'(

Well, going to the wrong doctor isn't a good option either. Would probably do more damage than good. That isn't going to help. Hmmm. I am going to ask this woman. Not that she is going to know much about the rules in your country but still...there has to be options.
  • IAmTheGlue
    IAmTheGlue Posts: 701 Member
    Options

This happens to me all the time. :/