Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Norahoefer wrote: »
    When i get on the elipitcal in my basement I have to cover up every clock in the room including the one on the machine and then I spend the entire time trying to figure out how long each song I hear is or how many minutes between commercial breaks on the food network show I'm watching and how many minutes I have left. I hate it.

HAHAHA! I do the same thing on my treadmill & usually will pick up my iPad that I have covered over the timer to see how much time I've been on it. If I don't do that, I will try to guess based on the songs I play on Spotify.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Lefty1290 wrote: »
    Today, I was at my neighborhood park/playground shooting hoops when a group of teenagers came in the court. I stayed way longer than I would have otherwise to prove I wasn't a wuss.

This made me laugh. I would totally do this. Much too competitive, to my own detriment, sometimes.

When my niece & I play Just Dance I always get so mad when she beats me.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    edited May 2015
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    spamarie wrote: »
    Please help me settle a debate.

What is a normal number of eggs for one person to consumer in a week? Let's imagine this person eats meat, but not necessarily every day, and not big portions of it. This person happily consume plenty of wholegrains, fruit and veg, dairy (and too much sugar but never mind that).

So normal number of eggs in a week?

I'd ask in the normal forums, but I don't want my face ripped off by the 'eat all the protein carbs are evil' mob. (Not having a dig at you low-carbers, just at the way some people harp on about it!)

Um, I do eat meat. I would estimate my weekly egg consumption around 18 eggs.
    I eat 2 every morning without fail and more sometimes in tuna or boiled or deviled eggs as a snack. Some weeks I eat more than that, but almost never less.

looking at everyone's answers, i'm seriously behind on the egg wagon. if i have any, it's 2-3/week...

I'm the same. I might eat an egg or two every now & then, but I usually eat my Quest bars in the morning since they're so delicious.

As long as someone isn't eating as many as Gaston from Beauty & The Beast they should be fine.

th?id=JN.a8hqnSscI%2bxEWXUPyi%2bfeA&pid=15.1&rs=1&c=1&w=175&h=96
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    yex200 wrote: »
    I've relapsed in my eating disorder. I only went over 500 calories ingested once this week, and I refuse to log my exercise because I don't believe that I actually burned that much. I have a concussion, and I'm not supposed to work out, so I do it all in secret so no one notices. I also have started weighing myself at least twice a day, never content with the number.

*hugs*

Is there anyone you can talk to personally or professionally? Good luck with your recovery.
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    I've been extremely, extremely depressed today. I've only gotten out of bed to pray my five daily prayers and then got right back into it to cry and sleep and cry and sleep some more. I figured that if I slept long enough, I might not wake up again. Didn't quite work, as you can see. *sigh*

On a related confession, I feel so guilty that I can suffer from severe depression when I have such a wonderful life. A wonderful husband, a beautiful apartment, everything I need or want at my fingertips. So many people have nothing and so many people want to live, so what right do I have to want to die? Also, what in the world is so wrong with me that I would feel this way when my life is almost perfect, especially when compared to my childhood? One of the supreme mysteries of the universe. :-/

Hugs and good thoughts to you. Please take care of you
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    A gift for the assorted Oreo people, popped up on my Pinterest just now:
    5ac35430e6c627d83932b012fe1704d7.jpg

Oreo Ice Cream Cupcake
  • cnoonannurse
    cnoonannurse Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hoarded 1500+ calories for a work party this evening...and some *kitten* hat didn't make the group reservation for Jack Stack BBQ:( Now I am stuck eating crappy pizza that I NEVER would have wasted the calories on. There may be a DQ Blizzard in my future...

• Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    @Susieq_1994 I hope tomorrow is a better day for you.

I have to confess that not one vegetable or fruit has passed my lips today. Good thing I take vitamins.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    I have to confess that not one vegetable or fruit has passed my lips today. Good thing I take vitamins.
    Haha! I confess I've had a few days like that recently, too. Oops.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Edit: This is to Susie:
    Oh, I'm so sorry you're feeling bad. There's no rhyme or reason to depression, so try not feel like you're wrong to feel the way you do. I think guilt is a very common issue.

I'm very worried about your talk of dying though. Do you have a doctor who's helping you? Is your husband around?

Not to worry, I've never been suicidal. :) I just want to... Stop existing, if that makes sense. It's almost midnight here and my husband is asleep, but he's around to wake up if I need him. :)

Nope, I don't have a doctor. I mentioned it like five million posts back, but I'm terrified of doctors. I tried to get help once and I just couldn't make it through the sessions. I broke down after my second one and never went back. I also never spoke to the doctor directly (my husband had to speak for me), because I have selective mutism and couldn't speak. It was a pretty useless attempt, to be honest. :-/
    Ok, glad to hear things aren't critical.

Can you research a doctor who might be more approachable? There are so many medications and therapies available that might be able to make life a lot more bearable for you. Is your husband sympathetic? Maybe he could make an initial appointment to discuss your issues with the doctor first, so s/he would have a basic understanding before you went along. Is a female doctor an option? I recall that you suffer from agoraphobia - are home visits possible there?

Unfortunately, therapy options in Saudi Arabia are extremely limited, and the hospital my husband's insurance covers has very limited amounts of doctors. Only one psychiatrist was experienced with my particular condition (Functional Neurological Disorder accompanied by anxiety disorder, clinical depression, and selective mutism), and none of the available therapists seemed to have experience in CBT. I made an appointment with one female therapist, but chickened out and canceled at the last minute, though, so I can't say for sure.

My husband is very sympathetic and knows exactly what I'm going through because he has some similar issues. He's medicated though, and I'm not. He's my best (and only) cheerleader, actually. :) And on a bright note, he told me a couple of days ago that my anxiety has improved in leaps and bounds over the past month or so, and I attributed a lot my success to the support in this thread. :)

Home visits don't really exist here, and I'm not sure that they'd be easier or more comfortable for me. :( And the psychiatrist that I did manage to see kind of gave up on letting me talk and wouldn't even wait for me to try to speak after the first session--He just tried throwing medication at me without even letting me speak. I was very disheartened after that. :(
    The lady therapist sounds like a good option. Can you make another appointment?
    It's great that your husband is supportive, and that he sees some improvement. I hope you continue to make baby steps towards feeling better.

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Yes, I agree with @kellienw335. It is really cute, but you generally don't want the bottoms to fall at the largest part of the thigh. Of course, that may not be true in your case. How do you think it will fit?

Sorry, but I have no knowledge of their quality or durability, though.

I tried on a pair of swim shorts that hit in about the same place and they were super flattering and they made my butt look incredible. I should have bought them. I'm not sure how it will fit and I'm nervous about spending $148 on something I can't try on first. But I'm 100% in love with this swimsuit and it got all 5 star reviews on the site.

I bought my swimsuit off of http://www.unique-vintage.com/swim/one-piece-swimsuits.html last year & it was pretty good quality.
  • KrisiAnnH
    KrisiAnnH Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Not so much a confession as such but I've only found out today that steps shouldn't be counted in calorie burn unless they're above a certain number (ie. because I've put myself as sedentary it allows for around 5000, I think?). Instead of going back and deleting all the exercise entries I included for my pedometer I've just left it because I don't want to see some of my days dip into the red :( Only been using this for 5 days though so not too much of a tragedy? haha
  • ihatetodietalways
    ihatetodietalways Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I did that when I was in a weight loss comp, but only on the last day. Make sure you're drinking plenty of water while doing that!

Not only water, but put a teaspoon of salt in the water.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Noelv1976 wrote: »
    Please forgive me for I have sinned. Lots of times

As have we all! :D Hence the confessions...

Three Hail Mary's and an Our Father, and you'll be forgiven ;)
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    I did that when I was in a weight loss comp, but only on the last day. Make sure you're drinking plenty of water while doing that!

Not only water, but put a teaspoon of salt in the water.

Why?
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    I'm headed to my best friend's retirement party. He's only 44, and has to take a medical retirement due to a brain tumor. Many margaritas will be drank. Calories will not be counted.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Well, it finally happened...something I've been nervous about for a while now. Our (not so bright) 10 month old kitten jumped on the treadmill this morning during my run. The confession part? I finished my run...(for another 7 minutes) before checking on her. I feel awful! She seems fine...but I definitely stepped on her.
    I will keep an eye on her throughout the day to make sure she's ok and doesn't need a vet appointment. But seriously, nothing quite stops your heart like stepping on a cat while running on a treadmill.

Doh! Glad she's ok. Cats can do the dumbest things sometimes.

Yup, she's proven that on more than one occasion! I think she's learned her lesson today though...I hope. ;)
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    KrisiAnnH wrote: »
    Not so much a confession as such but I've only found out today that steps shouldn't be counted in calorie burn unless they're above a certain number (ie. because I've put myself as sedentary it allows for around 5000, I think?). Instead of going back and deleting all the exercise entries I included for my pedometer I've just left it because I don't want to see some of my days dip into the red :( Only been using this for 5 days though so not too much of a tragedy? haha

My Fitbit starts giving me a few extra around 3500. I'm set at sedentary as well. Only 100 or so between there and 5000 but extras are extra.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    Food-related confession: I'm completely fed up with long pasta like spaghetti and linguine. Manual dexterity isn't my strong suit and I get so bored with twirling it into a manageable forkful, which seems to take me an extraordinary length of time, and I end up losing most of the sauce in the process so all I taste is the noodle. And there is usually some trailing end that I can't manage to train onto the fork that thwaps me in the chin anyway. I gave up ordering these types of noodles in restaurants long ago since I can't manage to eat them gracefully.

We had some leftover meat sauce and the SO made it with linguine last night (which obviously prompted this confession!). After the first couple of mouthfuls, I decided "screw it" and started hacking it up into smaller pieces with my knife. What the hell, I was in the privacy of my own home, who cares if I commit Pasta Sacrilege?

Being over 1000 posts behind due to a crazy week, I am just skimming through and this was the first one I stopped to comment on.....I CARE LOL
    Seriously though, are you rinsing your pasta with water after you cook it? I know a lot of people think you are supposed to do that, but you are not...it makes the sauce not stick as well. If you are not, I am not really understand why you are losing all your sauce, it should stick to your pasta......
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    Chaelaz wrote: »
    Sadly, I confess...if I ever were to get divorced, though I like to think different, I would probably be "that older guy" that hooks up with someone younger...then feel all creepy about it.

On the radio morning show the other day, they were discussing the age ranges of men and women's "ideal" match. They went over the stats for women from 20's up to 60's, and generally, they were looking for someone within 5 years as their own age. For the men from 20's up to 60's, they were looking for someone in the 20-21 range. "That" older guy isn't as rare as you think.

The 'rule' for an acceptable age gap is half the older age + 7. So if you're 24, you can date down to 19. If you're 40, you can date down to 27. If you're 16, you can date down to 15. See, it works, the internet told you so!

I jest of course, date whoever you like so long as it's legal!

My father was 19 years older than my mother ;)