Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Started having intense belly pains this morning and went to the ER... Found out after 6 hours that it's ovarian cysts... one is 1.7 inch and the other 1.3 inch. I guess it explains why I gain water when I ovulate and only lose it after my period. Yikes. But the first thing I did when I got home, once I was sure it wasn't a digesting issue, is have some streak and broccoli... and a big bowl of ice cream and two cookies. But I still have 1100 calories left today.

And really hoping the pain doesn't come back.

Did you schedule an appointment with your gyno? They usually like to keep an eye on those things and take them out if they get much bigger especially if you're having pain. And you're right, the pain is really bad!

I don't have one... bad history with GYNs and my insurance stopped working with the last one too. Now I have to find another one... again.

I know you have issues with this, but if you can get to see an OB/GYN I'd encourage it. I have a few of these cysts and twice they ruptured. Sent me to the ER in extreme pain. BOTH times I was wrongly diagnosed with kidney stones. Curiously, I never passed them nor did they show up on the dye tests, but they were insistent that's what it was. Come to find out it was ruptured cysts. Super painful.

I can't even imagine, if they hurt so much and haven't even ruptured...

I found one and I have an appointment for Thursday... Good times. Sigh.

Good! Keep that appointment and hopefully this doctor will listen to you and make the whole experience as pleasant as possible, given the circumstances.

Hope everything goes well for you!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    LH85DC wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    My poor pup has been so sick for a week now, just kinda tired and lethargic, plus a little sick to his stomach. Still eating (for the most part), but nothing seems to agree with him. Trying to get him in to see the vet in the next day or two - hopefully it's nothing serious and he just ate something bad! He might be almost seven years old, but he's still my baby

Hope it's just a passing thing and he's back to normal soon!

Mine have a nasty habit of eating *ahem* excrement (not sure if it's their own or the other dogs', not that it matters) which sometimes causes issues, although not as often as you'd expect.

It takes a strong stomach to clean up a puddle of vomited feces, let me tell you.

(Sorry if this post puts anyone off their lunch)

I worked at a doggie daycare for a while before I had my son and let me tell you, there were many days where I thought I was going to lose my lunch trying to clean up after the dogs would get sick from eating too much poop. OMG, seriously so disgusting!!! :(:(

OMG, that sounds awful! My mom has a kennel, and she's only had two dogs over the years that liked eating poop - Luckily Jazz isn't one of them, although he doesn't mind eating nasty stuff in the woods when we're hiking/camping, and he has no qualms about cleaning up if one of the cats eats too fast and throws it up. Love him, but dogs can be so gross.

Normally I wouldn't worry, but he usually has a stomach of steel; so I figure anything that could make him this sick for a week is a pretty bad sign :neutral: I hate waiting too, right now I'm just waiting for the vet to decide whether he has to come in, or if there's another over the counter remedy that we can try. Just call me back already!

My mom's dog who is a silky terrier loves to eat poop. I swear she's messed up. She even once waited until I got a Kleenex to clean up some poop & when she saw I had the Kleenex she hurried up & ate it. Chewy also has OCD but that's another story.
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    My poor pup has been so sick for a week now, just kinda tired and lethargic, plus a little sick to his stomach. Still eating (for the most part), but nothing seems to agree with him. Trying to get him in to see the vet in the next day or two - hopefully it's nothing serious and he just ate something bad! He might be almost seven years old, but he's still my baby

Mine have a nasty habit of eating *ahem* excrement (not sure if it's their own or the other dogs', not that it matters) which sometimes causes issues, although not as often as you'd expect.

It takes a strong stomach to clean up a puddle of vomited feces, let me tell you.

I worked at a doggie daycare for a while before I had my son and let me tell you, there were many days where I thought I was going to lose my lunch trying to clean up after the dogs would get sick from eating too much poop. OMG, seriously so disgusting!!! :(:(

OMG, that sounds awful! My mom has a kennel, and she's only had two dogs over the years that liked eating poop - Luckily Jazz isn't one of them, although he doesn't mind eating nasty stuff in the woods when we're hiking/camping, and he has no qualms about cleaning up if one of the cats eats too fast and throws it up. Love him, but dogs can be so gross.

Normally I wouldn't worry, but he usually has a stomach of steel; so I figure anything that could make him this sick for a week is a pretty bad sign :neutral: I hate waiting too, right now I'm just waiting for the vet to decide whether he has to come in, or if there's another over the counter remedy that we can try. Just call me back already!

My mom's dog who is a silky terrier loves to eat poop. I swear she's messed up. She even once waited until I got a Kleenex to clean up some poop & when she saw I had the Kleenex she hurried up & ate it. Chewy also has OCD but that's another story.

My family has a maltese poodle named Max- he looooves to sniff his own poop (I haven't seen him eat it yet) and he also LOVES to eat tissues and toilet paper! My brothers and parents have to be very careful to make sure the roll of toilet paper is out of his reach and no one leaves tissues lying around or he'll eat them!
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Edit: This is to Susie:
    Oh, I'm so sorry you're feeling bad. There's no rhyme or reason to depression, so try not feel like you're wrong to feel the way you do. I think guilt is a very common issue.

I'm very worried about your talk of dying though. Do you have a doctor who's helping you? Is your husband around?

Not to worry, I've never been suicidal. :) I just want to... Stop existing, if that makes sense. It's almost midnight here and my husband is asleep, but he's around to wake up if I need him. :)

Nope, I don't have a doctor. I mentioned it like five million posts back, but I'm terrified of doctors. I tried to get help once and I just couldn't make it through the sessions. I broke down after my second one and never went back. I also never spoke to the doctor directly (my husband had to speak for me), because I have selective mutism and couldn't speak. It was a pretty useless attempt, to be honest. :-/

Have you tried videoconferencing with any doctors? There is a woman at the barn that is a psychiatrist. She has some patients she video conferences with. Perhaps that would work for you? By not being in person maybe that would help with the fear of speaking? And allow you to be more open?

Nope, it wouldn't help. :) I've tried it with my husband, and it doesn't make it any easier whether it's on a video conference or face to face. Plus, I'm pretty sure the doctors here don't offer the option, so the point is pretty moot anyway. :-/

You have to have a doctor there? Can't go outside of the country? I would think a good psychiatrist would understand there are options here like maybe you write letters back and forth or something.

Not even within the country. My insurance only covers care within the healthcare clinics available inside my husband's work campus. And psychiatrists aren't exactly affordable without any form of insurance to cover their fee. :-/

I'm not comfortable going back to the only available psychiatrist available there (who didn't work out the first time) with my tail between my legs and admitting that I cancelled the third session and the counseling appointment that was supposed to follow it, and didn't even attempt to try the medication he tossed at me without even bothering to let me try to speak. :'(

Well, going to the wrong doctor isn't a good option either. Would probably do more damage than good. That isn't going to help. Hmmm. I am going to ask this woman. Not that she is going to know much about the rules in your country but still...there has to be options.

That's really kind of you to do for an internet stranger!! :) Thank you so much for going the extra mile. :)
  • karenwill2
    karenwill2 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I said that I resent that they have the option. Their cheating is having other options. And I admitted to jealousy. Just restating as there is no judgment here. I do support everyone and know many people that have had the multiple types of surgeries and cheer them all on. I resent not having the option or that type of help.
  • StacyJ8888
    StacyJ8888 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I log my dinner and then look at before and after pictures of body lifts boob lifts and wonder if I will be able to afford to fix the damage done once the weight is gone.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    kzzr wrote: »
    I just ate KFC :/

I now want a KFC. I do love a bit of fried chicken...

I tried Popeye's for the first time this weekend. Not a fan.

ooh never heard of it, but I'll stay away I think.

You're not missing anything. We have Church's Chicken, Popeye's, KFC all around me... they all stink. Not worth the calories.

TAKE IT BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Popeyes Cajun fries are among the best ever. The chicken strips are fantastic as well.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    kzzr wrote: »
    I just ate KFC :/

I now want a KFC. I do love a bit of fried chicken...

I tried Popeye's for the first time this weekend. Not a fan.

ooh never heard of it, but I'll stay away I think.

You're not missing anything. We have Church's Chicken, Popeye's, KFC all around me... they all stink. Not worth the calories.

TAKE IT BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Popeyes Cajun fries are among the best ever. The chicken strips are fantastic as well.

Man now I want to try them again. I could walk to the closest Popeyes, lol.
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    my foot (if I managed to attach this pic)os6wvyyvx4y0.jpg

I hope it feels 100% soon!!

Thanks, it is getting better, the bruise is much uglier, so that means it came up to the surface more and is now much less painful today.

Glad to hear it is improving because it looks painful. But, you still haven't told us what you did to earn that nasty injury! Just being nosy.

Umm... it is embarrasing. I was using my elyptical (the as a step to reach something, and the darn thing spun around and threw me off.

I have a scar on my elbow from a treadmill, where I was trying to jump off to join an exercise class I was late for. I thought I hit the 'off' button, but didn't, stepped back on it to get off, it caught me, I went flying but being an idiot I grabbed the hand rail, and lay on the moving treadmill with my skin on my elbow getting ripped off before I realized I should just let go and fly off the treadmill. It was SO embarrassing. And then I had to fill out an incident report, everyone came running over, etc.

I once also went to do a push up, my elbow gave out and I fell on my face. I was a teenager working out at home. I gave myself a fat lip. I refused to go to school until it went down as I didn't want anyone to know I gave myself a fat lip trying to do a push up (oh, the irony).

At least we have something to look back and laugh about huh?

Well, folks, I am officially on vacation in 5 minutes! I am probably never going to be able to catch back up on this thread when I return in a week, but I will try, if it is too bad I may just have to skip ahead. Have a good week all, and the relaxed, hopefully somewhat tanned version of me will be back next week!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »

My family has a maltese poodle named Max- he looooves to sniff his own poop (I haven't seen him eat it yet) and he also LOVES to eat tissues and toilet paper! My brothers and parents have to be very careful to make sure the roll of toilet paper is out of his reach and no one leaves tissues lying around or he'll eat them!
    The first time I watched my brother's dog, I came home from school and wondered if there was something wrong with my cat because there was a big mess in his litter box and no poop.

I ended up having to shut the dog out of my room when I realized what happened.

Church's Chicken has the best biscuits, crappy chicken though.

• Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options

The first time I watched my brother's dog, I came home from school and wondered if there was something wrong with my cat because there was a big mess in his litter box and no poop.

Dogs love cat poop. My chihuahua used to occasionally grab a snack without me knowing, and them try to give me a kiss. Ugh. Best reason to keep a litter box clean!

My boss has a dog that will try to grab the other dogs' poo. During the winter she calls them Poopsicles.

Dogs are crazy sometimes.

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Edit: This is to Susie:
    Oh, I'm so sorry you're feeling bad. There's no rhyme or reason to depression, so try not feel like you're wrong to feel the way you do. I think guilt is a very common issue.

I'm very worried about your talk of dying though. Do you have a doctor who's helping you? Is your husband around?

Not to worry, I've never been suicidal. :) I just want to... Stop existing, if that makes sense. It's almost midnight here and my husband is asleep, but he's around to wake up if I need him. :)

Nope, I don't have a doctor. I mentioned it like five million posts back, but I'm terrified of doctors. I tried to get help once and I just couldn't make it through the sessions. I broke down after my second one and never went back. I also never spoke to the doctor directly (my husband had to speak for me), because I have selective mutism and couldn't speak. It was a pretty useless attempt, to be honest. :-/

Have you tried videoconferencing with any doctors? There is a woman at the barn that is a psychiatrist. She has some patients she video conferences with. Perhaps that would work for you? By not being in person maybe that would help with the fear of speaking? And allow you to be more open?

Nope, it wouldn't help. :) I've tried it with my husband, and it doesn't make it any easier whether it's on a video conference or face to face. Plus, I'm pretty sure the doctors here don't offer the option, so the point is pretty moot anyway. :-/

You have to have a doctor there? Can't go outside of the country? I would think a good psychiatrist would understand there are options here like maybe you write letters back and forth or something.

Not even within the country. My insurance only covers care within the healthcare clinics available inside my husband's work campus. And psychiatrists aren't exactly affordable without any form of insurance to cover their fee. :-/

I'm not comfortable going back to the only available psychiatrist available there (who didn't work out the first time) with my tail between my legs and admitting that I cancelled the third session and the counseling appointment that was supposed to follow it, and didn't even attempt to try the medication he tossed at me without even bothering to let me try to speak. :'(

Well, going to the wrong doctor isn't a good option either. Would probably do more damage than good. That isn't going to help. Hmmm. I am going to ask this woman. Not that she is going to know much about the rules in your country but still...there has to be options.

That's really kind of you to do for an internet stranger!! :) Thank you so much for going the extra mile. :)

You aren't a stranger! We are all friends here! H**L you guys probably now know more about me than most of my family OR friends. I won't see her until this weekend but then will hit her up.
  • Noelv1976
    Noelv1976 Posts: 18,948 Member
    Options
    I haven't washed my hands after going to the bathroom. Then shook this dude's hand whom I really dislike.
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    my foot (if I managed to attach this pic)os6wvyyvx4y0.jpg

I hope it feels 100% soon!!

Thanks, it is getting better, the bruise is much uglier, so that means it came up to the surface more and is now much less painful today.

Glad to hear it is improving because it looks painful. But, you still haven't told us what you did to earn that nasty injury! Just being nosy.

Umm... it is embarrasing. I was using my elyptical (the as a step to reach something, and the darn thing spun around and threw me off.

I have a scar on my elbow from a treadmill, where I was trying to jump off to join an exercise class I was late for. I thought I hit the 'off' button, but didn't, stepped back on it to get off, it caught me, I went flying but being an idiot I grabbed the hand rail, and lay on the moving treadmill with my skin on my elbow getting ripped off before I realized I should just let go and fly off the treadmill. It was SO embarrassing. And then I had to fill out an incident report, everyone came running over, etc.

I once also went to do a push up, my elbow gave out and I fell on my face. I was a teenager working out at home. I gave myself a fat lip. I refused to go to school until it went down as I didn't want anyone to know I gave myself a fat lip trying to do a push up (oh, the irony).

At least we have something to look back and laugh about huh?

Well, folks, I am officially on vacation in 5 minutes! I am probably never going to be able to catch back up on this thread when I return in a week, but I will try, if it is too bad I may just have to skip ahead. Have a good week all, and the relaxed, hopefully somewhat tanned version of me will be back next week!

Have a great time @bkhamill !!
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Started having intense belly pains this morning and went to the ER... Found out after 6 hours that it's ovarian cysts... one is 1.7 inch and the other 1.3 inch. I guess it explains why I gain water when I ovulate and only lose it after my period. Yikes. But the first thing I did when I got home, once I was sure it wasn't a digesting issue, is have some streak and broccoli... and a big bowl of ice cream and two cookies. But I still have 1100 calories left today.

And really hoping the pain doesn't come back.

Did you schedule an appointment with your gyno? They usually like to keep an eye on those things and take them out if they get much bigger especially if you're having pain. And you're right, the pain is really bad!

I don't have one... bad history with GYNs and my insurance stopped working with the last one too. Now I have to find another one... again.

I know you have issues with this, but if you can get to see an OB/GYN I'd encourage it. I have a few of these cysts and twice they ruptured. Sent me to the ER in extreme pain. BOTH times I was wrongly diagnosed with kidney stones. Curiously, I never passed them nor did they show up on the dye tests, but they were insistent that's what it was. Come to find out it was ruptured cysts. Super painful.

I can't even imagine, if they hurt so much and haven't even ruptured...

I found one and I have an appointment for Thursday... Good times. Sigh.

Good! Keep that appointment and hopefully this doctor will listen to you and make the whole experience as pleasant as possible, given the circumstances.
    ^This! Hope you can start feeling better asap!
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Dnarules wrote: »

Dogs love cat poop. My chihuahua used to occasionally grab a snack without me knowing, and them try to give me a kiss. Ugh. Best reason to keep a litter box clean!

My boss has a dog that will try to grab the other dogs' poo. During the winter she calls them Poopsicles.

Dogs are crazy sometimes.

My friend's dog does this - Apparently it's a submission thing for them to eat the other dog's poop. So glad ours don't do this. Ugh!

Do any of your dogs really enjoy underwear out of the dirty laundry basket? Nasty!

• Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Dnarules wrote: »
    AlciaMode wrote: »
    Finally caught up! My confession is I've been drinking too much...every single day for quite awhile. I am making a commitment to not drink Monday through Thursday this week. Please think good thoughts for me!

ETA: A little embarrassed to admit this quasi publicly, but hoping admitting it on here will make me face reality. Since I know there are several of you that have admitted to stopping for good.

I am joining you in this commitment. It is going to be difficult but I also have been consuming way too much alcohol.

I will think good thoughts for both of you, and anyone else dealing with this. I have a problem with drinking too much. I drink every day. I have cut back, but it is still too much, and I know I am using it as a crutch.

Good luck to the three of you!!
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options

Our Dachshund (RIP) used to eat toilet paper too! But it was always for attention...because he would only do it when we had guests over. It was like his way of saying, "Hey everyone, look at me..look what I can do"! We had to start either keeping the bathroom doors closed or putting the toilet paper out of his reach.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    BOOM! Told ya! I was worried I wouldn't be able to find it @Italian_Buju and @quiksylver296
    I'm dreading the day my hubby tries to use my excess tummy skin as a blanket.....yes its getting that bad :(

Confession: I just spent over an hour going through the first 20+ pages of this thread to find this. I may be a bit pathetic.

Hahahahahahaha!!! YOU WIN!!
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    Thanks @noaddedsugarx I look forward to all your new (to me) vocabulary!!

My exhubby is from Ireland - the words he used/uses:
    a kitchen cupboard is a press
    a trash can is a bin
    a gas station is a garage
    a sweater is a jumper
    the letter z is zed
    the number 3 is not three but tree
    one person can be addressed as "you" but more than one is "yous"

edit to add:
    sneakers or tennis shoes are runners

My SO is English and we always joke if we ever had kids and it was a boy we'd name him Zed because he doesn't understand the letter "Z" and I don't get how one letter can be a word!

Also one time we were facetiming and I told him I was going to have to borrow a pair of pants from my sister as it was colder out than I thought it would be and I had only packed shorts. He cracked up and I had no idea until he quit long enough to say "I knew what you meant when you said pants but I couldn't help laughing because here we use the word pants to mean underwear" I still get a kick out of that! It's just so foreign to me I had no idea!

A piece of advice for you. Don't comment on your 'fanny' if you happen to be in the UK. If you don't know why, ask your bf, he'll explain! Fanny-pack is also a no-no!
    I'll explain how I learned this.
    I was about 21 and one of a bunch of British summer students working on a summer camp in Connecticut (sp?). It was a horse camp, and on the first day we were in a big riding arena trotting the girls around on their ponies. Suddenly the instructor shouted out "Come on girls, SQUISH THOSE FANNIES INTO THE SADDLE!!" You can imagine we were all a cross between hysterical and mortified!