Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    IamMicah wrote: »
    "Tubbs216 wrote: »
    ME TOO! I'm desperate for some. Also I want a beehive. The latter is allowed where we are, but we don't have a very big yard and I don't think our neighbours would like it much. I also want goats.

We keep bees on our property and it's pretty awesome. We had a nice honey harvest last year with 4 hives, so we expanded to 8 this year. They're all pretty active; so far, so good!

I would love to have goats! And chickens!
    I have 4 hives and a Nuc Split this year... My plan was to get a single hive. Now Im collecting swarms and doing a trapout on a friends home. Sadly Ive become more addicted to their incredible beehavior and fascinating daily activities.

How could one not?! -- they're incredible! :)
    Indeed. Even my wasp-phobic daughter is learning to love bees.
    ETA: 'Git' is kind of English for 'jerk'.
    8czk3gsj0195.jpg
    The wasps around my area are a lot more chill than the carpenter bees to be honest.

Plus, fig wasps are the only fig pollinators out there. That alone is enough to for wasps to be alright in my book. :wink:
    Twist of irony, hubby works in pest control, can handle just about every type of insect/spider and rodent. He's absolutely terrified of flying bugs (bees, flies, etc), and this is busy season for "bee jobs" and the like. It's absolutely hilarious to see this grown man running around and shrieking at a fly or bee. :laugh:
    To add, he finds it funny too, and laughs at it as well. Just so I'm not sounding like an wife lol.
    Pfft. I'm pretty good at dealing with insects. It gets very annoying having someone scream at you to get rid of a tiny zebra spider before it eats them.

I can't do spiders. Period. I took kiddo and nephew to the zoo last week and there was a tarantula on exhibit. Naturally, both kids wanted to see it, I had a panic attack! It can be embarrassing, but not as much as my catfish phobia (and I mean the actual fish) lol.

You should see me at the lake. I am constantly moving my legs, and if something brushes against me I run to the shore so fast... I'm terrified of fish touching me. Any fish.

So I'm not the only one! I had to write an essay about classical conditioning and phobias in psychology once and I wrote about my catfish phobia. My professor actually told me later he had never heard of that before and thought it funny, but unique haha!

I have a really strange, but also extremely severe phobia that I'm almost sure nobody else shares, but I'll never ever admit to it in this thread. Very few people even know about it, maybe 4-5 including my sister and husband. :-/

I have trypophobia, arachnophobia and I'm afraid of heights - but just ones that would maim me, not ones that will kill me if I fall.

The trypophobia is the weirdest one. Why am I afraid of things with small holes in them?
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    @Italian_Buju, thinking of you! Hope all went as best as it could.

I know @Francl27 already mentioned it, but what is this new thing of taking me to the LAST post on this thread every time I come back to it? Then I have to scroll back to where I left off and I think I'm missing posts. (and, yes, I'm grateful that that is the only thing I have to complain about today)

I'm glad it's not just me. But really, it got to stop.

I'm having dinner alone at 4.30pm again because I can feel a massive carb craving coming. Just cannot align my dinner times with everyone or it's always a disaster. I'm glad my husband is understanding (my mom, not so much, but heck she didn't bother me about it yesterday, shockingly).

I also never learn - if I eat too much, I'll end up hangry making up for it for days and it just sucks. But I'm unfortunately not one of those people who can just eat too much one day and get back on track the next day... if I don't make up for it, I'll gain (I'm eating at maintenance level though). So I've been hangry the last two days making up for Tuesday's disaster.

I've also learned the hard way that the horrible drink they give you for CT scans with contrasts can give you diarrhea for three days (really hoping it's only three days, this is getting old).

I also have a craving for pizza that I'm going to have to remedy soon.
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    ME TOO! I'm desperate for some. Also I want a beehive. The latter is allowed where we are, but we don't have a very big yard and I don't think our neighbours would like it much. I also want goats.

We keep bees on our property and it's pretty awesome. We had a nice honey harvest last year with 4 hives, so we expanded to 8 this year. They're all pretty active; so far, so good!

I have 4 hives and a Nuc Split this year... My plan was to get a single hive. Now Im collecting swarms and doing a trapout on a friends home. Sadly Ive become more addicted to their incredible beehavior and fascinating daily activities.

8czk3gsj0195.jpg
    The wasps around my area are a lot more chill than the carpenter bees to be honest.

Plus, fig wasps are the only fig pollinators out there. That alone is enough to for wasps to be alright in my book. :wink:
    Twist of irony, hubby works in pest control, can handle just about every type of insect/spider and rodent. He's absolutely terrified of flying bugs (bees, flies, etc), and this is busy season for "bee jobs" and the like. It's absolutely hilarious to see this grown man running around and shrieking at a fly or bee. :laugh:
    To add, he finds it funny too, and laughs at it as well. Just so I'm not sounding like an wife lol.
    Pfft. I'm pretty good at dealing with insects. It gets very annoying having someone scream at you to get rid of a tiny zebra spider before it eats them.

I can't do spiders. Period. I took kiddo and nephew to the zoo last week and there was a tarantula on exhibit. Naturally, both kids wanted to see it, I had a panic attack! It can be embarrassing, but not as much as my catfish phobia (and I mean the actual fish) lol.

You should see me at the lake. I am constantly moving my legs, and if something brushes against me I run to the shore so fast... I'm terrified of fish touching me. Any fish.

So I'm not the only one! I had to write an essay about classical conditioning and phobias in psychology once and I wrote about my catfish phobia. My professor actually told me later he had never heard of that before and thought it funny, but unique haha!

I have a really strange, but also extremely severe phobia that I'm almost sure nobody else shares, but I'll never ever admit to it in this thread. Very few people even know about it, maybe 4-5 including my sister and husband. :-/

It took me a while to finally feel comfortable enough to admit it, but now I just embrace it as one of my many quirks. Anyone who goes fishing with me knows that if they catch a catfish to keep it away from me, and I will not look at it. I don't care if it's the size of a toddler, I don't want to see it! Lol!

Another confession: I've been particularly and irrationally ragey today. I'm going to chalk it up to PMS, although Aunt Flo is now 2 days late. :rage: I've been taking my bitchiness out on those idiotic posts in the forums, just so I don't accidentally take it out on my hubby or kid. I remember once I lost it and screamed at her to "sit the *kitten* down and shut the *kitten* up" and immediately regretted it, and still do. I held her, apologized profusely, and cried for a solid hour afterwards. I seriously need to be on medication again, for my mental issues and I need to see a doctor anyway because we're 99.9% sure I have ADD, but I've never been tested or looked into it. It's messing with my marriage, but it's like no matter what I do, I can't focus on anything! I have lists posted up on every single room in my house to remind me of what housework needs to be done on a specific day, yet I get distracted and forget what I'm supposed to be doing and then we're fighting. No joke, we fight every. single. damned. day. about the same damned thing. I'm afraid it's going to completely ruin my marriage, and I don't want that to happen! :cry:
  • Francl27
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Sigh. The double post curse strikes again.
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options

8czk3gsj0195.jpg

To add, he finds it funny too, and laughs at it as well. Just so I'm not sounding like an *kitten* wife lol.

Catfish are kind of creepy looking. I have at least one other friend who is a nut about fish touching her, and it looks like there is someone else on this thread too so I guess it's not that out there haha. At least fish are fairly easy to avoid!
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    OUR THREAD GOT STICKIED!!!!!! <3:p

Woo hoo!!!!
    Where?? I can't see it stickied anywhere.
  • Yasmaynee
    Yasmaynee Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Possible Confession: I cant help but buy popcorn and candy at the movies. It takes a truly insane person not to want to eat popcorn and candy at the movies. I'm going to the movies tonight... I'll let you know the outcome of my self control.
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options

I read in another thread that one of the long term members nominated it as a joke, because they were upset at the way the stickies were being handled by MFP. They are now not happy this is a sticky. I'm not sure how accurate the first part is, but I do know several of them aren't happy :).
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Even though I KNOW it's water weight, I weigh in every day until it goes down. I'm down 0.4 lbs from yesterday.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Dnarules wrote: »

I read in another thread that one of the long term members nominated it as a joke, because they were upset at the way the stickies were being handled by MFP. They are now not happy this is a sticky. I'm not sure how accurate the first part is, but I do know several of them aren't happy :).

Woo hoo!!!!

Now I can't find it, of course. It's supposed to be in the General Diet and Weight Loss one.
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options

8czk3gsj0195.jpg

To add, he finds it funny too, and laughs at it as well. Just so I'm not sounding like an *kitten* wife lol.

Catfish are kind of creepy looking. I have at least one other friend who is a nut about fish touching her, and it looks like there is someone else on this thread too so I guess it's not that out there haha. At least fish are fairly easy to avoid!

I don't want anything touching me in water. The idea of something brushing against me even as I sit here completely dressed on dry land gives me the shivers. You're definitely not alone.

• xLoveLikeWinterx
    xLoveLikeWinterx Posts: 408 Member
    Options

Woo hoo!!!!

We're famous!
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options

8czk3gsj0195.jpg

Very true lol! Have you ever heard the "grunting" sound a catfish makes when it's out of the water? *shudders* That sound makes me freak out, and hubby used to make that noise on purpose just to see me freak out. He stopped after he got tired of being slapped and cussed out every time lol. :naughty:
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    Dnarules wrote: »

Woo hoo!!!!

Now I can't find it, of course. It's supposed to be in the General Diet and Weight Loss one.

It's in the most helpful posts at the top of the section.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    Confession: I am so not a morning person. But this morning I got up at 5:50 to work out! I feel great and surprisingly, I've been more awake than normal. I normally work out after work 4 days a week total, but lately I've been so tired and just want to crash. So I decided to try mornings. Now, let's see if I can make it a habit....

Good for you!

I am totally not a morning person either but I was having the same issues with doing my workouts in the evenings... other stuff came up, too tired, too full from supper... too many excuses to skip it.

So now I get up 45 minutes earlier and do my little bit of cardio plus my lifting (I superset the lifting to save time). And I've found the same thing, it wakes me up in the mornings. Gets my blood flowing or something.

Of course I do have a tendency to occasionally do half-asleep things, like put my deadlift weight on for bench press... or take plates off to change weight for my next lift and put the exact same ones back on.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    For my weight lifting friends, check this out! strstd.com

I got Intermediate on everything and ALMOST to Advanced on my squat! That gave me a serious mental boost!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    I conned my boss into giving me tomorrow off! I may book a massage!!!

Um yes please!! I'd book it in a heartbeat if I were you- hello long weekend!
  • LBuehrle8
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Dang double post!
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    I'm 40 hours away from my exam! I feel WAY more prepared for it than I did at this time last week. Go figure.

Confession: I intend to make poor choices following said exam on Saturday, regardless of how I think it went. :)

Yayyy good luck!! As a judge and law maker of poor choice making you have my blessing :)
  • Francl27
    Options
    Yasmaynee wrote: »
    Possible Confession: I cant help but buy popcorn and candy at the movies. It takes a truly insane person not to want to eat popcorn and candy at the movies. I'm going to the movies tonight... I'll let you know the outcome of my self control.

When I was a kid in France they didn't have concession stands at the movies, but some guy standing in the room between commercials and the movie with a cart of some sort... I always bought an ice cream cone or a box of Lindt truffles (the flat ones, I guess they were a bit different over there).

The only thing that helped me get over it is when I moved to the US and there was no guy anymore, and the place I used to go to didn't have ice cream and the candy I like.