Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    ethim wrote: »
    I've eaten things I'm allergic to the last four days and because of that I've been sick for four days. Ugh why can't I stop?

I love bubble tea though.
    I ate gluten today again by accident. This is the fourth day in a row and I wish I was dead because it hurts so much #sendhelp. Not sure why I keep accidently eating considering I go months at a time and do fine.

I'm really sorry you've been feeling ill and because of food :/ Has something triggered the food choices? Is there someway of trying to be more aware of what you're eating? - A food/mood diary perhaps? Wishing you a speedy recovery!

I've been logging what I eat on here cause when I do I pretty much don't ever eat anything I'm allergic to. I went to my friends house on Thursday and when I was there I was super tempted to eat ice cream cause they were all eating it and I know that's no excuse but sometimes I get sick of not feeling like I can be normal. So the I ate some and then up until yesterday I had been feeling so sick, bloated, sad, and fat that I was making bad food choices cause I just felt like I hated myself so much. Thanks for caring :)<3

To anyone who heard that I started my new job last week, it's been going really well still :)

Great news on the job! Glad you are enjoying it. And you'll feel better soon, just stay away from what doesn't work for you...there are lots of good food choices that don't make you sick. And "bad" food choices that are gluten free too I imagine. :) And fun to eat. As a vegetarian, I am well used to passing up food that isn't good for me or making people cook me special meals at restaurants. When I was vegan, I still had no problem. I only quit being vegan because I sucked at it (never cooked my own food, so you start eating crap like french fries that don't have animal fat) and gained 30 lbs. I intend one day to go back to that when I can be more disciplined.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    You know what would be great? If I could somehow tell Facebook to block any posts from my timeline that mention the word "Shakeology".
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    I've bought containers of ice cream, hidden them, and finished 2 in less than a week. (not lately, thankfully). My husband will say "you can't eat that, it's fattening" and "you'll always be fat" so I continue to buy him bags of tortilla chips and lays. He eats them, complains he's gaining weight, but I now weigh a few pounds less than him. Revenge will be mine.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    You know what would be great? If I could somehow tell Facebook to block any posts from my timeline that mention the word "Shakeology".

Isn't there a way to do this? If they're coming from a specific person you should be able to hide them, I think. I did this when I didn't want to see notices of what my ex's band was doing. It would show up on my timeline when mutual friends liked or commented on the band's page and I didn't want to see anything to do with him.
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    cory17 wrote: »
    I've bought containers of ice cream, hidden them, and finished 2 in less than a week. (not lately, thankfully). My husband will say "you can't eat that, it's fattening" and "you'll always be fat" so I continue to buy him bags of tortilla chips and lays. He eats them, complains he's gaining weight, but I now weigh a few pounds less than him. Revenge will be mine.

Trying not to be judgmental but what a terrible thing to say!
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »

Isn't there a way to do this? If they're coming from a specific person you should be able to hide them, I think. I did this when I didn't want to see notices of what my ex's band was doing. It would show up on my timeline when mutual friends liked or commented on the band's page and I didn't want to see anything to do with him.

Yeah but one friend has encouraged multiple other friends to start being beach body "coaches". I'd be blocking posts from about 10 people that I like otherwise.
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »

Yeah but one friend has encouraged multiple other friends to start being beach body "coaches". I'd be blocking posts from about 10 people that I like otherwise.

Gotcha. I'd still check, you might be able to just hide posts that are about Shakeology.
  • Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Got caught up.

Thanks everyone for your well wishes for my dad.

I'm taking a few days off logging, but I know I need to resume it soon so I don't negate all my progress. I've already gained back 1.5lbs in a week and a half.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options

Maybe in a few years we'll see posts from him complaining, "My wife is SABOTAGING me!!" lol.

Hearing those kinds of comments would motivate me to lose weight, as fast as humanly possible, just to prove him wrong.

Confession: that's probably more than half the reason I got married at such a young age, because my father was always telling me that no man would ever want me.
  • IAmTheGlue
    IAmTheGlue Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Talkradio wrote: »
    I'm desperately behind, but I wanted to check in and say hi.

I found out on Saturday that my dad most likely has cancer. He also was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. The prognosis is good, but he will be having surgery in the next few weeks to remove the tumors.

Obviously, I'm kind of a wreck right now. :(

I'm very sorry to hear that. I will definitely be praying.
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    Me too. Sometimes I feel my brain is my worst enemy :( I've started telling myself ''You're beautiful'' or ''You're cute'' or whatever when I go out, attempting to condition myself to actually believe it. I've been told that if you tell yourself enough times, eventually you'll start thinking it's true :tongue:

Well if that is you in your avatar pic, I think you are very pretty. :) You need to believe in yourself.

Oh and now I want some bubble tea too.

I can't sleep so I'm on here trying to catch up on the thread.
    I'm behind right now and missed this comment! Thank you, I appreciate it :) Yesterday I was walking around in a sweater even though it was pretty hot because I was embarrassed about my arms. Today I realized that was kind of dumb. How many people look at other people and think ''That girl has some weird arms!!!"?

Also I'm surprised by how many people think bubble tea is or sounds gross! Tapioca is delicious, I've always loved the pudding myself :tongue: I also love the texture. I admit, at first I thought I hated bubble tea when I got some in New York for the first time. I tried it again a couple years later in Montreal, a different flavor, and loved it. Now I've tried almost all of the milky varieties... now I'm craving it again.
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I went out of town and was like 25 pages behind and am ridiculously happy to be caught up now. It was stressing me out!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Me too. Sometimes I feel my brain is my worst enemy :( I've started telling myself ''You're beautiful'' or ''You're cute'' or whatever when I go out, attempting to condition myself to actually believe it. I've been told that if you tell yourself enough times, eventually you'll start thinking it's true :tongue:

Well if that is you in your avatar pic, I think you are very pretty. :) You need to believe in yourself.

I'm behind right now and missed this comment! Thank you, I appreciate it :) Yesterday I was walking around in a sweater even though it was pretty hot because I was embarrassed about my arms. Today I realized that was kind of dumb. How many people look at other people and think ''That girl has some weird arms!!!"?

Also I'm surprised by how many people think bubble tea is or sounds gross! Tapioca is delicious, I've always loved the pudding myself :tongue: I also love the texture. I admit, at first I thought I hated bubble tea when I got some in New York for the first time. I tried it again a couple years later in Montreal, a different flavor, and loved it. Now I've tried almost all of the milky varieties... now I'm craving it again.

I have some bat wings with loose skin on my arms... and the right arm is actually worse. The irony is that it's what bothered me the most when I started losing, and I still have them, even though my arms are pretty muscular otherwise (well, as muscular as I like them). I don't even care anymore, I'm going sleeveless all the time. But yeah you'll never see me in a bikini... there are limits, lol!

I agree though, you're very pretty, so don't let that stop you.
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

I have some bat wings with loose skin on my arms... and the right arm is actually worse. The irony is that it's what bothered me the most when I started losing, and I still have them, even though my arms are pretty muscular otherwise (well, as muscular as I like them). I don't even care anymore, I'm going sleeveless all the time. But yeah you'll never see me in a bikini... there are limits, lol!

I agree though, you're very pretty, so don't let that stop you.
    You rock those muscular arms!! I admit I didn't know what "bat wings" were and had to look it up. I think I have a pair of those as well. I'm sure no one notices these things as much as the person with the body. I remember being very embarrassed about acne, and telling my boyfriend, and he said he didn't even notice I had acne until I said something :neutral: I'm trying to get comfortable enough to the point where I can wear a binkini again, but first I think I'm going to have to really bring up my self confidence and NOT CARE what other people think (easier said than done)!!

And thanks so much for making me smile. I'll try not to doubt you guys too much. I really, genuinely appreciate it.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    I confess I had too many calories this weekend that I didnt log... had some appies at a party too hard to track how much you ate....

I read this as apples and wondered who serves apples at a party, and how you could possibly eat so many that you could not count, lol
  • UppercaseM
    UppercaseM Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I cut my calories so I don't have to quit drinking beer, which is the reason I've put on any weight.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »

Maybe in a few years we'll see posts from him complaining, "My wife is SABOTAGING me!!" lol.

Hearing those kinds of comments would motivate me to lose weight, as fast as humanly possible, just to prove him wrong.

Confession: that's probably more than half the reason I got married at such a young age, because my father was always telling me that no man would ever want me.

I'm sorry your father, of all people, would ever say anything like that to you!! I'm sure many men would be lucky to have you!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    Wait, is there a script or something that still works to add custom macros?
    http://karoshiethos.com/2013/08/13/javascript-bookmarklet-for-enhanced-macro-goals-in-myfitnesspal/
    I used the script in this link but saw this when I logged in today. :/
    screen.png

As of right now, mine appears to still be working. However, I have not opened MFP in app form, and I have no intention of ever doing so again until I hear for sure that the script has been updated. I suspect that's where the problem lies.

At the risk of sounding stupid.....I have no idea what this is or what you guys are talking about....
  • shannonbun
    shannonbun Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Confession: I'm going home for the summer tomorrow, and it'll be a week or so of traveling... I'm already accepting that if I gain weight, or go over calories, it'll be fine. Once I get home I start work that's decently physically demanding, and I always eat cleaner at home anyways. Not gonna go crazy with my calorie intake, but if I want something or have a bigger portion, it'll all even out later on.

I've gotten flack for thinking like this from other people on here, but I'd rather enjoy myself and not lose that extra 1lb I could've per week if it means I had a good time.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    My confession is that i really really want to lose some weight and i know exactly what i need to do to do it but i can never find the motivation to get up and do it. I Just had a baby 2 mnts ago and im the biggest i have ever been in my whole life and i feel like im disgusting my husband(even though im not he tells me how much he loves my body all the time), SO im making a pledge to really do it this time, not only for myself but for my son so i can live a loooong time to see him grow

I initially read this as "2 minutes ago" and my first thought was, wow this gal's really motivated! Lol.

Congratulations on your new baby and welcome to MFP... if you take a peek around the boards you'll find tons of posts from very ordinary folks (including new mums) who are successfully losing weight... so YOU CAN DO IT TOO.

Re Autocorrect: For some bizarre reason, every time I started to type "texting" in my phone, one of the suggestions autocorrect would come up with is "rectum". Seriously?? That's a word in common use in texting? (Anyway, the phone has since learned my text habits and no longer suggests that one.)

This type of thing happens to me all the time! I was texting my son that I left something on his "porch" and it changed it to "porcupine". Pretty sure "porch" is a much more common word. Then I used the word "also", which was changed to "silo". Really? Porcupines and silos are used more? Funny, but I am careful to proof read before sending.

Shortly after I started texting, my Mom sent me a text, letting me know she was at the grocery store and, since she was coming over, was there anything I needed. (We don't live near a grocery store) I texted back that I couls use a couple pounds of lean ground beef, since it was on sale. It autocorrected to: "Grab me a couple pounds of cigarettes...they are on for $2.99/pound"...which would actually be a steal of a deal for cigarettes. She wanted to know when I took up smoking. (I am the preacher's kid, after all)

Hahaha! That is funny. I know we've talked about it earlier on this thread (well, along with just about every other topic), but I love damnyouautocorrect. I laugh every time I read those.

Slightly related, for some reason when I send my daughter text messages, about once a week, it will send the first half of the message I sent, and then second half will be a message I sent her weeks or sometimes even months ago. We have no idea why this happens, and it does not happen with anyone else except between the two of us. And only from me to her, never the other way around. It is the weirdest thing. At first, she was quite confused by it, but now she will just text back and tell me to resend, but it is so strange! Here is the most recent one from this weekend:

I totally spoiled Big Brother for Marie, she told me she did not watch it yet and I read it wrong and told her the vet said it could kill her. I am NOT going to let her die after everything she has been through.

:s