Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Elle_Bronwyn15
    Elle_Bronwyn15 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I used to chew food then spit it out...I stopped that as a teen because that was idiotic.
  • Fit_Happens_2021
    Fit_Happens_2021 Posts: 303 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    My co workers don't know that it is easy for me to turn down the donuts that our boss brings into the office because I am saving my calories up for my red wine in the evening >.<

I stopped drinking for a couple of months earlier this year in preparation for a surgery and the weight just fell off me, only a couple of glasses a night really add up!!
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Apologies for the binge posting, but I am now caught up. I tried doing the multi-quote thing once before, so there was only one post from me, but then i lost all the posts i quoted and replied to before i could hit send.

Gonna ask you all for a little advice. I go to the gym daily and mostly i tend to do cardio (treadmill) stuff, because i really like the high calorie burns my HRM gives me. But i need to do some strength stuff. I don't really know where to start and i'm too shy to ask. I thought I'd buy the NROLFW and see if i could do that. What do you think? What do you guys do?

Hello! I'm so sorry I missed this post! I started on NROLFW and I did the first stage, which was fine, but when I got to the second stage, I kind of felt like I had taken a step back because I had to learn a whole new set of moves and I didn't know how heavy I could start the weights with, so I gave up. I'm now on Strong Lifts 5x5 which is SOOOO much simpler! Only 5 exercises and you feel like you are progressing every gym session! Depends how confident you are in the gym. I felt like a complete idiot because I was trying moves I had never done before with the New Rules. The book is good for general information about strength training though, so you could still get the book and then decide? I wouldn't say the book was a waste of money. I regret nothing.

I did download the stronglift app, but i don't really get it.....?

http://stronglifts.com/5x5/

Check out the website. The app is very basic and took me a while.
    Find out if your gym has an Olympic barbell and a squat rack first because it is heavy lifting. It's not as scary as it sounds I promise! Then you just start with an empty bar and add weights each time.
    The 5x5 bit is 5 sets of 5 reps. So you do 5 squats, have a 90 sec rest and repeat 4 more times.
    The website give very clear instructions on how to do each move.

THIS. The app makes very little sense without the explanation from the website, though once you know how it works, it's actually a pretty good app. Ha.
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    Confession: I have been extra terrible about going to the gym the last two weeks. I need to fix that.
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Caitwn wrote: »

I am so sorry to hear that!!

When I came home from work, I picked him up and he is so skinny that it looks like he has a waist line....my co-worker came home with me cuz I was scared to come in alone....she is coming home with me tomorrow too.....

I called the vet to see if I should do something, other than trying to make him comfortable...but she was gone for the day already...if he is the same in the morning, I am gonna call again.....

I tried to give him a nut, which is the only thing he was still kind of eating, and he just dropped it....I tried other treats, he would not even lift his head.....I put him down on my bed while I changed out of my work clothes, and he just sat there.....anyone that knows degus knows that is not normal....

I am really sad tonight

I am going to take a big risk here, and I worry you or others might get mad or think I am a horrible person, but I feel I need to say this. For context, I come from a family with multiple veterinarians, and I worked my way through undergraduate and part of graduate school as a veterinary technician. I guess I needed to provide that context, as I don't want you to think I am saying this next thing with no basis.

With that said: It seems clear to me that your little guy is in a place where he needs for you to have the courage to show him one more act of love. Ease his way. Please. It's possible that by the time you read this, his suffering will have been lifted. But if not, please do this last thing for him. Our pets depend upon us for everything - including making the kindest final decision even when it breaks our hearts to do so.

I apologize for being so blunt. I wasn't going to say anything but I haven't been able to let this go - I kept thinking about it all day. So I had to say something. Thanks for letting me get this off my chest.

I agree..and I think you said it in a kind way. I never thought I would be able to euthanize any of my pets because it would be too hard to let them go. But after seeing one of our cats struggle with Cancer and trying to put him through Chemo knowing that his chances still wouldn't be that great...we HAD to do it. He was not eating, always hunched over, so thin, and started dripping mucus from his nose. It was absolutely horrifying to see and I'm angry with the emergency vet(happened over a long weekend and our regular vet was closed) for letting us think it could get better. He was clearly suffering. His quality of life was horrible. It was time. Such a hard decision to make..but ultimately keeping him around for ourselves rather than for him was not the right choice.
    ETA that I also hope that I didn't come off in a rude way. I hope that your little guy finds peace soon...however it may be.

I am just waiting for my vet to open to see what she says.
    I basically have been up holding him abd crying all night. I am so sad.
    I know some people might think 'oh he is just a rodent, not even a cat or dog' but because he was a lone degu he spent tons of time out with me. Sleeping on me, getting rub downs, I even wheel his cage into my bedroom every single night to sleep.
    My heart is broken......

I'm so so sorry.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,711 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    I did go to the gym. Am now home in a foul snappy mood, God knows why.

Oh and I ate two pop tarts on the way home. When I knew the casserole in the slow cooker would be ready. Go me! /Sarcasm

Oh dear... TOM? I get rally pissed off at the world the day or so before. I bite everyone's heads off. I used to cry hysterically before. Now I just get in a total rage. I have to step away when I do that. I can hear it on calls and I have even gotten off my horses in the past when I realized I was in a foul mood because of that, as I have ZERO patience. I get over it in a day or so.

No, I don't have TOM, as I'm on the injection to spare me all the pain and mess, although I wish I had it to blame binges/moods on

Neither do I. I had a procedure done years ago to eliminate all of that nonsense, but I do still get the mood swings. I ignore them because I refuse to let them control me, but if I really pay attention I could still tell when during the month it should be happening. Just to say, blame the moods anyway!

Yanno, i have been wondering recently if i still had the hormonal surges that would result in the moods/food cravings and kinda dismissed it as yet another excuse, but as you've said you experience, maybe there is something in it.

I'm on the injection (depo) and I definitely still get the hormonal surges. Excessive hunger, carb cravings, depression, and even pimples (ugh).

Wow, THIS got flagged as spam? I must have spammy pimples. ;)

I'm wondering who flagged it! Or, if it was accidental or something because that's just ridiculous. Although we would not have heard the phrase "spammy pimples" otherwise, so maybe we should thank whomever flagged it?
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    I did go to the gym. Am now home in a foul snappy mood, God knows why.

Oh and I ate two pop tarts on the way home. When I knew the casserole in the slow cooker would be ready. Go me! /Sarcasm

Oh dear... TOM? I get rally pissed off at the world the day or so before. I bite everyone's heads off. I used to cry hysterically before. Now I just get in a total rage. I have to step away when I do that. I can hear it on calls and I have even gotten off my horses in the past when I realized I was in a foul mood because of that, as I have ZERO patience. I get over it in a day or so.

No, I don't have TOM, as I'm on the injection to spare me all the pain and mess, although I wish I had it to blame binges/moods on

Neither do I. I had a procedure done years ago to eliminate all of that nonsense, but I do still get the mood swings. I ignore them because I refuse to let them control me, but if I really pay attention I could still tell when during the month it should be happening. Just to say, blame the moods anyway!

Yanno, i have been wondering recently if i still had the hormonal surges that would result in the moods/food cravings and kinda dismissed it as yet another excuse, but as you've said you experience, maybe there is something in it.

I was really hoping that part of it would go away, too. It's not nearly as bad, but I believe it is still there.

And I'm loving the fact that you have so many pairs of red shoes!
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Kalici wrote: »
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    @crosbylee I'm so sorry about your friend.

@Italian_Buju I can't even imagine what you went through, my heart breaks for you. And I hope your degu gets better.

@pofoster21 What a heartbreaking story as well. So sorry

Here's a confession: My husband plays games on his iPad. His newest game is Hay Day where you virtually take care of a farm. He was gone this weekend and I picked up his iPad to look something up and an alert said "your farm animals miss you" I decided I had to look in on them. I am now hooked on Hay Day. I feel ridiculous when I play and super ridiculous admitting it.

Edited: Because I didn't want to forget anyone

I'm completely addicted to Hay Day myself. I'm on level 54 now, and I've been playing for almost a year, multiple times daily! ;)

My husband teases me about it, and whenever I have my face stuck in my tab, he'll go... "Checking on your chickens again, huh?"

No need to feel ridiculous, it's an awesome stress-reliever since it's so... Brainless? Kind of like coloring for me, both are destressors. At least, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!

I want actual chickens, both for the convenience of eggs and because I just think it would be hilarious, but we live in suburban Philadelphia and APPARENTLY that's not acceptable in our township code. Sometimes I think the hubby-to-be is a bit too happy about my lack of chickens.

We do have resident foxes though, so odds are it wouldn't work out anyway. >:)

My hubby wants chickens, but we live dead in the city (like, walking distance to downtown) so that's not happening! He keeps saying once we move out to the country he's getting chickens and making a feed plot for deer so he can hunt. The words "We are NOT living on a damned farm!" have left my mouth multiple times. And I mean it! >:)

When an old upstairs neighbor of mine moved out it was found that he had been keeping chickens. This was in the middle of the city in a teeny-tiny little apartment. He ripped off all the cabinet doors and put chicken wire over the fronts. When he left he just abandoned the chickens.

Omg! That's terrible! :cry:
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    I'm not enjoying my Hula Hoops. They aren't quite how I remember them. Pretty sure by making them 'healthier' they have ruined the flavour. B*stards.

So here a Hula hoop is a toy, but they have no flavor...what is one there?
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,409 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    I'm not enjoying my Hula Hoops. They aren't quite how I remember them. Pretty sure by making them 'healthier' they have ruined the flavour. B*stards.

So here a Hula hoop is a toy, but they have no flavor...what is one there?

:lol: Yea it's a toy over here as well, but also a crisp.

Hula_Hoops_Snack_Original.jpg

Not as nice as they used to be though :disappointed:
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    I cannot do jumping jacks or many other kind of exercise because the motion makes me.. well.. for some reason I can't control my bladder it seems when jumping up and down. And it always embarrasses me and annoys the hell out of me, because I wish I could jump rope in my backyard to improve my endurance.. sigh. Cry.

Jumping rope is HARD! I foolishly thought I could do it a few years ago. Bought me a new rope. Tried it a couple of times. Ended up with a sore knee and the rope has been under my couch ever since.

Personally, I don't do ANY impact exercises. They can be good for building bone strength, but you don't NEED them to get healthier and gain endurance. Good old walking usually does the trick!
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    Apologies for the binge posting, but I am now caught up. I tried doing the multi-quote thing once before, so there was only one post from me, but then i lost all the posts i quoted and replied to before i could hit send.

Gonna ask you all for a little advice. I go to the gym daily and mostly i tend to do cardio (treadmill) stuff, because i really like the high calorie burns my HRM gives me. But i need to do some strength stuff. I don't really know where to start and i'm too shy to ask. I thought I'd buy the NROLFW and see if i could do that. What do you think? What do you guys do?

Hello! I'm so sorry I missed this post! I started on NROLFW and I did the first stage, which was fine, but when I got to the second stage, I kind of felt like I had taken a step back because I had to learn a whole new set of moves and I didn't know how heavy I could start the weights with, so I gave up. I'm now on Strong Lifts 5x5 which is SOOOO much simpler! Only 5 exercises and you feel like you are progressing every gym session! Depends how confident you are in the gym. I felt like a complete idiot because I was trying moves I had never done before with the New Rules. The book is good for general information about strength training though, so you could still get the book and then decide? I wouldn't say the book was a waste of money. I regret nothing.

I was going to suggest Stronglifts too. I haven't started it yet so I felt iffy about giving that advice. It sounds like a great beginner strength program. I'm excited to start.
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Sorry to hear you're struggling. Hope tomorrow is better for you.

Thank you. It means a lot to me. I currently have a broken heart.

I hate complaining because everyone goes through times like this so I’m trying to be strong.
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    I am taking my little boy in to the vets in an hour to be put down. I know its the right thing to do, the vet agreed, yet I feel terribly guilty and still am wondering if I am making a mistake....

I know things like this get better with time, but right now it feels like my heart has been ripped out and stomped and I don't know how I will ever recover...

R.I.P. little rodent boy

Hugs ❤️❤️ so so sorry!
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Caitwn wrote: »

I am so sorry to hear that!!

When I came home from work, I picked him up and he is so skinny that it looks like he has a waist line....my co-worker came home with me cuz I was scared to come in alone....she is coming home with me tomorrow too.....

I called the vet to see if I should do something, other than trying to make him comfortable...but she was gone for the day already...if he is the same in the morning, I am gonna call again.....

I tried to give him a nut, which is the only thing he was still kind of eating, and he just dropped it....I tried other treats, he would not even lift his head.....I put him down on my bed while I changed out of my work clothes, and he just sat there.....anyone that knows degus knows that is not normal....

I am really sad tonight

I am going to take a big risk here, and I worry you or others might get mad or think I am a horrible person, but I feel I need to say this. For context, I come from a family with multiple veterinarians, and I worked my way through undergraduate and part of graduate school as a veterinary technician. I guess I needed to provide that context, as I don't want you to think I am saying this next thing with no basis.

With that said: It seems clear to me that your little guy is in a place where he needs for you to have the courage to show him one more act of love. Ease his way. Please. It's possible that by the time you read this, his suffering will have been lifted. But if not, please do this last thing for him. Our pets depend upon us for everything - including making the kindest final decision even when it breaks our hearts to do so.

I apologize for being so blunt. I wasn't going to say anything but I haven't been able to let this go - I kept thinking about it all day. So I had to say something. Thanks for letting me get this off my chest.

I agree..and I think you said it in a kind way. I never thought I would be able to euthanize any of my pets because it would be too hard to let them go. But after seeing one of our cats struggle with Cancer and trying to put him through Chemo knowing that his chances still wouldn't be that great...we HAD to do it. He was not eating, always hunched over, so thin, and started dripping mucus from his nose. It was absolutely horrifying to see and I'm angry with the emergency vet(happened over a long weekend and our regular vet was closed) for letting us think it could get better. He was clearly suffering. His quality of life was horrible. It was time. Such a hard decision to make..but ultimately keeping him around for ourselves rather than for him was not the right choice.
    ETA that I also hope that I didn't come off in a rude way. I hope that your little guy finds peace soon...however it may be.

I am just waiting for my vet to open to see what she says.
    I basically have been up holding him abd crying all night. I am so sad.
    I know some people might think 'oh he is just a rodent, not even a cat or dog' but because he was a lone degu he spent tons of time out with me. Sleeping on me, getting rub downs, I even wheel his cage into my bedroom every single night to sleep.
    My heart is broken......

I'm so sorry! You gave him the BEST life and love he could possibly have!
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    So I'm late to the game but whatever.

- I'm from Connecticut so I don't really have a very recognizable accent. If anything, our accent sort of borrows a little from Boston and steals a bit from New York ;)

- I love the color red but don't quite feel confident enough to rock it in large amounts. To my last job interview though, I wore red heels, charcoal gray pants, a black shirt, a necklace with a red stone, and carried a red purse. I may not get the job, but I looked freakin' fabulous! I'd highly recommend adding a splash of red to an outfit :)

- I totally remember the old "Degrassi"! That and "Fifteen" starring a pre-dental work Ryan Reynolds, LOL!

- I don't much like apples (unless they are in pie/crisp form) but I like Honeycrisps.

- I've worn glasses since the 3rd grade, including some hideously huge Sally Jessy Raphael ones in the late 80s. For the last who-knows-how-many years, I've been wearing round silver wireframes. With my short dark hair and green eyes, I kind of look like Harry Potter from the books, LOL.

Confession: I'm so over the whole "unemployment" thing, but I'm even MORE over the whole "interview" thing. Just give me the damn job or stop wasting my time. So sick of being evaluated and judged and feeling like a failure. :/ I had another interview today - not sure how it went but fingers crossed - and I left feeling overwhelmed and analyzing all the things I did wrong. I'm a little proud that when I stopped at the store to pick up a few essentials, I didn't buy a bunch of junk food to make myself feel better. Small victories, right?

@overlook237

Replace 'disappointment' with 'failure'.

imoiu5bm9hyn.jpg

This is one of my favorite pictures EVER. I needed the laugh, thanks!

Love this! Never saw it before, but I'll be saving it for future use!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    I am taking my little boy in to the vets in an hour to be put down. I know its the right thing to do, the vet agreed, yet I feel terribly guilty and still am wondering if I am making a mistake....

I know things like this get better with time, but right now it feels like my heart has been ripped out and stomped and I don't know how I will ever recover...

R.I.P. little rodent boy
    vqni9fmq5bu9.gif
    Sending love and light your way. I know how hard this is, but you must know you did the right thing.
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options

Did you remember to stick one on the end of each finger and eat them one at a time that way? Because they don't taste good unless you do that. Fact of life.
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options

R.I.P. little rodent boy

I'm so sorry. That is really tough, but it sounds like you are doing the right thing. Take care of yourself today.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,409 Member
    Options
    I have made a terrible mistake...

In the reduced section of Tesco's I saw a box of Quadruple (Yes QUADRUPLE) chocolate cookies.
    My brain said 'Oooh reduced, it'll be ok, you can have one with your coffee break at work. They will last you about a week'

HA

Three down, the rest of the box in oh... 15 minutes?