Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,406 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    cory17 wrote: »
    I've bought containers of ice cream, hidden them, and finished 2 in less than a week. (not lately, thankfully). My husband will say "you can't eat that, it's fattening" and "you'll always be fat" so I continue to buy him bags of tortilla chips and lays. He eats them, complains he's gaining weight, but I now weigh a few pounds less than him. Revenge will be mine.

Ha ha Checkmate.
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    misskarne wrote: »
    I have only just discovered you can cook sausages in the oven.

And bacon in the microwave.

My life has new (cleaner) meaning.

People are horrified when I tell the I cook sausages in the oven. Most of them are men. I just tell them I have better things to do than stand over a frying pan watching sausages cook.
    One of them dared to say he would have a go at his wife if she cooked sausages in the oven, so I said that she is a mug who deserves someone better than him. After a long argument about it, he asked me "What better things can you possibly be doing while ruining sausages in the oven?" So I said, "they take about 30 mins in the oven sooo, having sex?" End of conversation. :blush:

Though I would guess sex would only take about 2 minutes with that guy...and then the 30 Day Shred DVD is 26 minutes. Then, maybe more 2 minute sex and then BOOM! Sausages! :tongue:

Ha ha, no guy would admit that, even if it was to make a point in an argument. Can you imagine? "Well I only take 2 minutes so you can get back to the frying pan!" I can honestly say I haven't had sex before sausages, but I would say they are probably the most appropriate thing to eat afterwards. Innuendo wise anyway. :wink:
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Sometimes I just don't feel like entertaining my kids so I tell them that we'll do something once they pick up their crap. They disappear for hours, suddenly finding something to do, and I can do whatever I want in peace.

Thank you for the excellent tip!
  • getup25
    getup25 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Runngurl43 wrote: »
    jdhcm2006 wrote: »
    I feel like my sisters judge the fact that I do pole fitness, and it annoys me. They have both told me that I can't buy a pole and put it in the house, but one day in the near future (once a sale comes around) I am going to put a pole up and they're just going to have to deal with it.

Pole Fitness/Dancing is excellent exercise. Google IFBB Fitness Pro Oksana Grishinia in the 2014 Arnold classic and then show your sister and lets see what she has to say about pole fitness.

Slightly related, for some reason when I send my daughter text messages, about once a week, it will send the first half of the message I sent, and then second half will be a message I sent her weeks or sometimes even months ago. We have no idea why this happens, and it does not happen with anyone else except between the two of us. And only from me to her, never the other way around. It is the weirdest thing. At first, she was quite confused by it, but now she will just text back and tell me to resend, but it is so strange! Here is the most recent one from this weekend:

I totally spoiled Big Brother for Marie, she told me she did not watch it yet and I read it wrong and told her the vet said it could kill her. I am NOT going to let her die after everything she has been through.

:s

This happened to me as well for about 6 months, always texts to the same person and it would splice half a recent text with half a very old text. It was weird, i don't know why it happened and i don't know why it stopped. Must be some kind of text leprechaun or something, probably the ones also responsible for the autocorrect hilarity and those other naughty ones that send themselves to the wrong person at precisely the worst time possible...[/quote]

This stopped happening to me when I deleted my old texts. I didn't really want to but it's stopped the problem.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I admit I shake my head sometimes when I see the Mother's Day ads out there.

Some Facebook page I follow linked to 'great deals on aprons, fantastic mother's day gift!', and now I just went to my fitbit page by accident and the top said 'this mother's day, pick a fitbit gift that will move her'. Because nothing says 'I love you but you're fat' as much as a fitness device as a present.

Gosh.

My confession is that I finally weighed myself after almost 2 months... and it looks like even though I kept a fantastic deficit one of those months, my PMS week of Hell undid all my work and I've pretty much maintained. Makes me very sad. I don't think I'll ever reach my goal.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Every day when I get home from school I used to go to the fridge and just snack until and a little after dinner. Since I started using myfitnesspal a couple of days ago, now I look at the fridge longingly, not exactly hungry, but permanently snacky/munchy.

Really annoying though because it had gotten such a habit to have good constantly.

Can you save up some calories to use when you get home from school? I find I am not that hungry in the morning/afternoon anymore so I save up a lot of my calories to eat snacks after work & dinner.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    I confess that I AGAIN blew my deficit on the weekend and am 2.3kg up from last Friday's weigh in weight, which was 0.6kg up from the Friday before. I used to be a lot better at weekends than I currently am.

At least you're honest with yourself about it :) All we can do is begin again!

I bought a container of ice cream at Wal-Mart yesterday & ate all of it & to be honest it wasn't that good. I am now officially not buying ice cream for a long time until I can eat just a little & put it back in the fridge again.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I finally bought the Sam's Choice Coffee and Donuts ice cream yesterday and even though I had no calories left, I ate a serving. I regret nothing. Who was it that brought that up? Quiksylver? You're terrible. LOL
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    I confess that I AGAIN blew my deficit on the weekend and am 2.3kg up from last Friday's weigh in weight, which was 0.6kg up from the Friday before. I used to be a lot better at weekends than I currently am.

At least you're honest with yourself about it :) All we can do is begin again!

I bought a container of ice cream at Wal-Mart yesterday & ate all of it & to be honest it wasn't that good. I am now officially not buying ice cream for a long time until I can eat just a little & put it back in the fridge again.

I hear ya! Most of my food screw ups lately have been meals/foods that ended up just being so-so. It's usually never worth it in the end.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options

Some Facebook page I follow linked to 'great deals on aprons, fantastic mother's day gift!', and now I just went to my fitbit page by accident and the top said 'this mother's day, pick a fitbit gift that will move her'. Because nothing says 'I love you but you're fat' as much as a fitness device as a present.

Gosh.

My confession is that I finally weighed myself after almost 2 months... and it looks like even though I kept a fantastic deficit one of those months, my PMS week of Hell undid all my work and I've pretty much maintained. Makes me very sad. I don't think I'll ever reach my goal.

:lol:
  • spamarie
    Options
    I'm nowhere near my goal weight, but I am officially in maintenance now. The eagle-eyed among you will know why (I posted about my motivation many pages back). I'm on cloud 9.
  • ohgeeque
    ohgeeque Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    I'm nowhere near my goal weight, but I am officially in maintenance now. The eagle-eyed among you will know why (I posted about my motivation many pages back). I'm on cloud 9.

Congratulations!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options

Reminds me of years ago when a friend of mine's mother in law from hell gave her a thighmaster as a birthday gift. In that case, though, it was almost certainly intended to convey "maybe you should exercise more." Also, dumb piece of equipment--I remember this because she was planning to give it away and I took it off her hands.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Ha the whole give her a gift that will really move her tag line gets me.
  • Lois_1989
    Options

I'm taking a guess here, but I think congratulations are in order? and no more alcohol? or... nuts? or egg whites. I trying to think of others but having not been there, I don't know. YAY! :smiley:
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

I'm taking a guess here, but I think congratulations are in order? and no more alcohol? or... nuts? or egg whites. I trying to think of others but having not been there, I don't know. YAY! :smiley:

No more having to clean the cat's litter tray!!!!!! Congrats @spamarie !!!!!
  • spamarie
    Options

I'm one of those weirdos who doesn't like tea/coffee/alcohol/blue cheese and all that jazz so at least I don't have to worry about that.
  • Lois_1989
    edited May 2015
    Options

I'm one of those weirdos who doesn't like tea/coffee/alcohol/blue cheese and all that jazz so at least I don't have to worry about that.

:dizzy: No coffee? I'm adopting... can't give up coffeeeeee. *takes another gulp*
    Very happy for you though!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    My confession is that i really really want to lose some weight and i know exactly what i need to do to do it but i can never find the motivation to get up and do it. I Just had a baby 2 mnts ago and im the biggest i have ever been in my whole life and i feel like im disgusting my husband(even though im not he tells me how much he loves my body all the time), SO im making a pledge to really do it this time, not only for myself but for my son so i can live a loooong time to see him grow

I initially read this as "2 minutes ago" and my first thought was, wow this gal's really motivated! Lol.

Congratulations on your new baby and welcome to MFP... if you take a peek around the boards you'll find tons of posts from very ordinary folks (including new mums) who are successfully losing weight... so YOU CAN DO IT TOO.

Re Autocorrect: For some bizarre reason, every time I started to type "texting" in my phone, one of the suggestions autocorrect would come up with is "rectum". Seriously?? That's a word in common use in texting? (Anyway, the phone has since learned my text habits and no longer suggests that one.)

This type of thing happens to me all the time! I was texting my son that I left something on his "porch" and it changed it to "porcupine". Pretty sure "porch" is a much more common word. Then I used the word "also", which was changed to "silo". Really? Porcupines and silos are used more? Funny, but I am careful to proof read before sending.

Shortly after I started texting, my Mom sent me a text, letting me know she was at the grocery store and, since she was coming over, was there anything I needed. (We don't live near a grocery store) I texted back that I couls use a couple pounds of lean ground beef, since it was on sale. It autocorrected to: "Grab me a couple pounds of cigarettes...they are on for $2.99/pound"...which would actually be a steal of a deal for cigarettes. She wanted to know when I took up smoking. (I am the preacher's kid, after all)

Hahaha! That is funny. I know we've talked about it earlier on this thread (well, along with just about every other topic), but I love damnyouautocorrect. I laugh every time I read those.

Slightly related, for some reason when I send my daughter text messages, about once a week, it will send the first half of the message I sent, and then second half will be a message I sent her weeks or sometimes even months ago. We have no idea why this happens, and it does not happen with anyone else except between the two of us. And only from me to her, never the other way around. It is the weirdest thing. At first, she was quite confused by it, but now she will just text back and tell me to resend, but it is so strange! Here is the most recent one from this weekend:

I totally spoiled Big Brother for Marie, she told me she did not watch it yet and I read it wrong and told her the vet said it could kill her. I am NOT going to let her die after everything she has been through.

:s

When my husband first started texting (he's a little bit of a techno-phobe), one of his first texts to me was that he wanted a "Danica sandwich." If I remember right, he was trying to text "ham sandwich." We still laugh about that.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I finally bought the Sam's Choice Coffee and Donuts ice cream yesterday and even though I had no calories left, I ate a serving. I regret nothing. Who was it that brought that up? Quiksylver? You're terrible. LOL

Yep. You're welcome! >:) (And I'm impressed you stuck to one serving!)