Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    Today is my anniversary and I confess that I am sad that this means I won't be able to go on my weekly bike ride with my girls bike group.

My husband is the best about anniversaries, birthdays, etc. Last year, he had the high school art teacher help him make me a soup bowl. It says "Soup for my Soulmate". I love it! I tell myself every year I'm going to start shopping early and find him the perfect gift. It never happens. I ended up buying him a ceramic statue at the garden center. He deserves so much better!
    Awwe, that's so sweet. Yours sounds like a great gift too.
    My husband has got better at gifts over the years, but I have had some real doozies (set of home phones for my 40th, for example :| ). I've got much better at saying "For my birthday, if you'd like to get me a present, I'd really love X". Or I tell my daughter. She's very good at relaying 'hints' and he's relieved because he can get something he knows I'll like.

My husband is amazing at picking gifts for me. I, on the other hand, am the worst gift giver on the planet. Seriously. I always default to perfume because I just can't think of anything else... Even if I know the person really well! :-/ I'm just really, really bad at it. :(

confession: i am awesome at gift giving. i'm the crazy type that remembers six months ago you said you really wanted something, but could never justify getting it for whatever reason. i'd bust my *kitten* to make sure the gift i gave, meant something to the person, fit who they are, or allowed them to indulge when they themselves never would/could. i rock the giving of gifts.

actual confession: it took a really long time, and a lot of secret hidden internal disappointment, to realize no one ever puts in that type of effort for me. ever. (nobody cares, boo hoo, i know. yay personal pity party) but it actually really hurts, when you really dig deep and think about it.

so i quit. i quit making little notes to remember things about people, i quit spending hours on the net to find the out of print japan only release of an album that someone just would "die" to have but could never find it. no more care packages to people far away. i stopped picking up things here and there all year round because i knew it was just PERFECT for someone. i just quit.

and it's difficult sometimes. i'll see something and be like OH! PERFECT! but then i stop myself and just keep moving. and it's really lame that something like this is making me tear up while i'm at work, so i shall stop whining now before it really opens the floodgates.

I'm sorry you've gone through all of that. Ever thought of putting those awesome skills to use, though? You could become a personal shopper or consultant. People can contact you about whom they are shopping for, what their tastes are, their collections, etc. I think you'd be great at it!

you are seriously awesome, thank you :)

Well, that truly is a talent! I mean, for some of us, here we are, married to someone for years, whom we spend oodles of time with and yet when it comes to gift giving my first thought is, "Ummm....". Blank. Over think it. Waste too much time. End up with something boring.

My husband and I have pretty much stopped giving each other gifts. We have everything we need. Although this past Valentine's Day he surprised me with a Bose sound system for my iPhone. I got him a card. Ugh. Thankfully I saw it before he came home so I sprinted off to the liquor store to buy him a bottle of Patron. Not equal to a Bose, but it sufficed.
  • BZAH10
    Options
    LH85DC wrote: »
    I confess that I went to Giant & Target today to see if they had any of the new food I saw on www.theimpulsivebuy.com those enablers. Giant still doesn't have Talenti's Raspberry Cheesecake but I did find some new yogurts to try & bought three packages of Barber Foods Apple & Creme Brie Stuffed Chicken breasts (those are freaking amazing)!

At Target I was on the lookout for some new food items but struck out there too. I really wanted to find their Cookie Spread ice cream or even their Cinnamon ice cream that comes in a pint & the Auntie Anne's frozen pockets that resemble a Hot Pocket. It wasn't a total bust since I found a few Evol frozen entrees to try, their Monster Cookie Dough ice cream, & a lot of cheap candy bars & Skinny Cow candy that was reduced to get rid of. I was also excited to finally find a pair of gingham short on sale!

you need to try the Lemoncello Chiffon Ice Cream at Giant!! on top of the sweet creamy lemony goodness it has chunks of cheesecake, and graham cracker crust swirls. *swoon*

i'm so sad that it's only for a limited time.

I don't know what exactly Giant is, but I am p!ssed there isn't one here!

AAANNNDDDDDD....I'm finally caught up. Whew.

it's a grocery store chain in Pennsylvania. it's also in Virginia, but it's called Martin's there. not sure if they've made it to any other states.

i'm trying to figure out how to finagle my freezer so i can stock up on the ice cream (and i'm not really even a big ice cream person, but this is just heavenly!). right now it's totally packed. planning must be done!

Giant is in Maryland and DC too. And Safeway is definitely a different chain here.

Last night at Safeway we found ice cream that had brownie pieces, cookie dough and oreos in it. Almost like Ben & Jerry's Half Baked + Oreos, except no chocolate ice cream base, just vanilla - and in a way larger container! I didn't have enough calories to eat any last night, so I didn't let my fiance have any either. I knew that once the seal was broken I'd end up eating a giant bowl of it.

How is your snowy white fur baby? He wasn't feeling well, right? I may have missed the update, though.
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    Today is my anniversary and I confess that I am sad that this means I won't be able to go on my weekly bike ride with my girls bike group.

My husband is the best about anniversaries, birthdays, etc. Last year, he had the high school art teacher help him make me a soup bowl. It says "Soup for my Soulmate". I love it! I tell myself every year I'm going to start shopping early and find him the perfect gift. It never happens. I ended up buying him a ceramic statue at the garden center. He deserves so much better!
    Awwe, that's so sweet. Yours sounds like a great gift too.
    My husband has got better at gifts over the years, but I have had some real doozies (set of home phones for my 40th, for example :| ). I've got much better at saying "For my birthday, if you'd like to get me a present, I'd really love X". Or I tell my daughter. She's very good at relaying 'hints' and he's relieved because he can get something he knows I'll like.

My husband is amazing at picking gifts for me. I, on the other hand, am the worst gift giver on the planet. Seriously. I always default to perfume because I just can't think of anything else... Even if I know the person really well! :-/ I'm just really, really bad at it. :(

I am too. And my boyfriend picks these really lovely thoughtful gifts and I'm just rubbish at it. We mostly get each other trips away for birthdays and I always feel like he's disappointed with what I plan. But it is useful as he's pretty good at suggesting gifts for people too. Some of the most thoughtful gifts for my family were his idea.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    IamMicah wrote: »
    "Tubbs216 wrote: »
    ME TOO! I'm desperate for some. Also I want a beehive. The latter is allowed where we are, but we don't have a very big yard and I don't think our neighbours would like it much. I also want goats.

We keep bees on our property and it's pretty awesome. We had a nice honey harvest last year with 4 hives, so we expanded to 8 this year. They're all pretty active; so far, so good!

I would love to have goats! And chickens!
    I have 4 hives and a Nuc Split this year... My plan was to get a single hive. Now Im collecting swarms and doing a trapout on a friends home. Sadly Ive become more addicted to their incredible beehavior and fascinating daily activities.

How could one not?! -- they're incredible! :)
    Indeed. Even my wasp-phobic daughter is learning to love bees.
    ETA: 'Git' is kind of English for 'jerk'.
    8czk3gsj0195.jpg
    The wasps around my area are a lot more chill than the carpenter bees to be honest.

Plus, fig wasps are the only fig pollinators out there. That alone is enough to for wasps to be alright in my book. :wink:

@Italian_Buju I'm sorry to hear about your degu problems. Your pet's last days are always the worst.
  • LH85DC
    LH85DC Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I confess that I went to Giant & Target today to see if they had any of the new food I saw on www.theimpulsivebuy.com those enablers. Giant still doesn't have Talenti's Raspberry Cheesecake but I did find some new yogurts to try & bought three packages of Barber Foods Apple & Creme Brie Stuffed Chicken breasts (those are freaking amazing)!

At Target I was on the lookout for some new food items but struck out there too. I really wanted to find their Cookie Spread ice cream or even their Cinnamon ice cream that comes in a pint & the Auntie Anne's frozen pockets that resemble a Hot Pocket. It wasn't a total bust since I found a few Evol frozen entrees to try, their Monster Cookie Dough ice cream, & a lot of cheap candy bars & Skinny Cow candy that was reduced to get rid of. I was also excited to finally find a pair of gingham short on sale!

you need to try the Lemoncello Chiffon Ice Cream at Giant!! on top of the sweet creamy lemony goodness it has chunks of cheesecake, and graham cracker crust swirls. *swoon*

it's a grocery store chain in Pennsylvania. it's also in Virginia, but it's called Martin's there. not sure if they've made it to any other states.

i'm trying to figure out how to finagle my freezer so i can stock up on the ice cream (and i'm not really even a big ice cream person, but this is just heavenly!). right now it's totally packed. planning must be done!

Giant is in Maryland and DC too. And Safeway is definitely a different chain here.

Last night at Safeway we found ice cream that had brownie pieces, cookie dough and oreos in it. Almost like Ben & Jerry's Half Baked + Oreos, except no chocolate ice cream base, just vanilla - and in a way larger container! I didn't have enough calories to eat any last night, so I didn't let my fiance have any either. I knew that once the seal was broken I'd end up eating a giant bowl of it.

How is your snowy white fur baby? He wasn't feeling well, right? I may have missed the update, though.

Awww, thanks for asking! He is improving slowly but steadily. His stomach is still a bit unsettled, so he's on a rice and cottage cheese mixed with dog food diet until that goes away, but he seems to be feeling so much better. He's playful and happy-go-lucky again, and he's no longer taking any crap from the cats when they try to chase him out of a room or steal his food!

For the first time in a few days he spent my entire workout this morning bringing me toys to try to get me to play with him - I kept kicking them out of the way, but I felt like my life was in danger while trying to do burpees! Luckily most of them were stuffed toys, and I only stabbed myself once on a chew toy.

I know that he's getting older (he's 7) and will continue to slow down, but it's really really fun to see him when he's in a good mood and ready to play!
  • 52cardpickup
    52cardpickup Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Apologies for the binge posting, but I am now caught up. I tried doing the multi-quote thing once before, so there was only one post from me, but then i lost all the posts i quoted and replied to before i could hit send.

Gonna ask you all for a little advice. I go to the gym daily and mostly i tend to do cardio (treadmill) stuff, because i really like the high calorie burns my HRM gives me. But i need to do some strength stuff. I don't really know where to start and i'm too shy to ask. I thought I'd buy the NROLFW and see if i could do that. What do you think? What do you guys do?

Hello! I'm so sorry I missed this post! I started on NROLFW and I did the first stage, which was fine, but when I got to the second stage, I kind of felt like I had taken a step back because I had to learn a whole new set of moves and I didn't know how heavy I could start the weights with, so I gave up. I'm now on Strong Lifts 5x5 which is SOOOO much simpler! Only 5 exercises and you feel like you are progressing every gym session! Depends how confident you are in the gym. I felt like a complete idiot because I was trying moves I had never done before with the New Rules. The book is good for general information about strength training though, so you could still get the book and then decide? I wouldn't say the book was a waste of money. I regret nothing.

I did download the stronglift app, but i don't really get it.....?

This may have already been answered, but...

You do bench, rows and squats on Day One.

Then deadlift, OHP and squats on Day Two.

Then go back to Day One, rinse and repeat.

Take two rest days a week, at least. I only do SL 5X5 three times a week, Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

ETA: If you don't know how to do one of the lifts correctly, Youtube it.

I confess the main reason I don't want to bother with that is because there's only one squat rack at my gym and I loathe having to wait in line to use equipment.

Use dumbbells at first!

Well I do it at home, but I've been stuck forever because my dumbbells only come in 5 pounds increments. So annoying. But I'm going to try to switch to 5 rounds of 5 reps and we'll see how it goes (if I don't get bored to tears... which I can't guarantee. I hate lifting).

Sorry, to clarify: the exclamation point was excitement about talking about lifting weights, not me judging you. I rarely get to talk about weight lifting at all.

If you get bored with the Strong Lifts format, you could check out Strong Curves instead. It has an "at-home" version you can do with dumbbells and almost no equipment (I almost guarantee you have everything already), and you can check out the program for free by googling it (it's in PDF format). There's a book that goes with it as well that you can purchase.

Confession: I'd rather be at home working out right now.

Definitely going to check out the strong curves website, thank you for posting this!!

For clarification (again, sorry, I'm not very clear obviously!), the website itself just promotes the book, but if you google "Strong Curves PDF" it comes up with the workout plan. The plan has the at-home workout plan included in it. If you look up how to do the moves, it's pretty easy to get into it! I'm doing the Booty-ful Beginnings (*shudder* I hate that name) gym version, but the at-home workout is actually very effective. I highly recommend it!
  • Rabbit914
    Rabbit914 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Rabbit914 wrote: »
    ohgeeque wrote: »
    The people who love us never see us as we see ourselves. They look at us with better eyes.

or with truer eyes.

This is what I was trying to say so many pages ago. If we saw ourselves as others see us we would love ourselves so much more.

an artist did this kind of social experiment. Several women met each other in a studio waiting to be sketched. Without meeting the women before hand, the artist would then sit behind a curtain and ask each individual woman to describe herself (Without seeing the subject in person), the artist would sketch a portrait of the woman as she described herself. Next, the artist asked the other women to describe each other to him and he would sketch a portraits of the women based on how other people saw them. The end result was that the portraits that were done as a result of others describing other people were much more flattering than the portraits of those that described themselves.

it was a good campaign by dove.

http://www.adweek.com/adfreak/dove-hires-criminal-sketch-artist-draw-women-they-see-themselves-and-others-see-them-148613

This was a great campaign. I remember this. Such an eye opener... see what I did there? hehe
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options

Awww, thanks for asking! He is improving slowly but steadily. His stomach is still a bit unsettled, so he's on a rice and cottage cheese mixed with dog food diet until that goes away, but he seems to be feeling so much better. He's playful and happy-go-lucky again, and he's no longer taking any crap from the cats when they try to chase him out of a room or steal his food!

For the first time in a few days he spent my entire workout this morning bringing me toys to try to get me to play with him - I kept kicking them out of the way, but I felt like my life was in danger while trying to do burpees! Luckily most of them were stuffed toys, and I only stabbed myself once on a chew toy.

I know that he's getting older (he's 7) and will continue to slow down, but it's really really fun to see him when he's in a good mood and ready to play!

Great news! Glad to hear it!
    And I know what it's like to have a workout interrupted by a pet. My cats love to come and stand underneath me while I am doing planks, pushups, etc...
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    ME TOO! I'm desperate for some. Also I want a beehive. The latter is allowed where we are, but we don't have a very big yard and I don't think our neighbours would like it much. I also want goats.

We keep bees on our property and it's pretty awesome. We had a nice honey harvest last year with 4 hives, so we expanded to 8 this year. They're all pretty active; so far, so good!

I have 4 hives and a Nuc Split this year... My plan was to get a single hive. Now Im collecting swarms and doing a trapout on a friends home. Sadly Ive become more addicted to their incredible beehavior and fascinating daily activities.

8czk3gsj0195.jpg
    The wasps around my area are a lot more chill than the carpenter bees to be honest.

Plus, fig wasps are the only fig pollinators out there. That alone is enough to for wasps to be alright in my book. :wink:

Twist of irony, hubby works in pest control, can handle just about every type of insect/spider and rodent. He's absolutely terrified of flying bugs (bees, flies, etc), and this is busy season for "bee jobs" and the like. It's absolutely hilarious to see this grown man running around and shrieking at a fly or bee. :laugh:
    To add, he finds it funny too, and laughs at it as well. Just so I'm not sounding like an *kitten* wife lol.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Today's confession: As you all might know (due to all the food-related confessions I've been dumping in here...), I've gained quite a bit of weight over my low weight since March. I've gained about 10 kilos, to put a number on it, and I'm just getting back on the wagon. :-/

So, after two days eating under my goal, here's how today's weigh-in went: I went to pee (of course), then hopped on the scale in my underclothes. I got a 70.0 and I thought to myself, "I am SO CLOSE to breaking into the 60s again!" This in mind, I became a little bit desperate. So, I turned to my husband and said... "You know what? I'm going to try to pee some more."

He, of course, stared at me like I was crazy. "How in the world do you pee some more?!" I ignored him and went to attempt it, not that it was particularly successful... Is this TMI? ;)

Afterwards, I stripped down and weighed without my underclothes to get rid of every gram of extra weight that I could possibly shed. The scale was kind and measured me at 69.9. So then I go... "YAY! I BROKE INTO THE SIXTIES AGAIN! BOOYAH!" ;) It counts, right?

It 100% does! I weigh myself with nothing but my glasses on and that's just because I can't see the scale without them. :smiley:

I weigh myself with my glasses off, then step off the scale and put them back on to read it. >:) My scale keeps the reading on the screen for at least five minutes, so I can get away with not wearing my glasses. I'm sure they'd add TONS of weight to the reading, like... 40 whole grams or something! ;)

I weigh myself with my bracelet on and nothing else. AFTER determining my bracelet weighs .2 ounces. Which I always subtract!

I take off my wedding ring, necklace (if I'm wearing one), glasses, and even hair-ties when I'm desperate for a good weigh-in! I joked to my husband today that I should have clipped my nails, shaved my legs, and blown my nose before weighing again... ;)

I can definitely tell you are feeling better today...actually yesterday...because you are cracking me up!

One more question regarding the prayers that you say. Is it a specific prayer at each time or is it to give thanks for things in your life or do you pray for people you know?

The prayer is a ritual that remains the same, regardless of which prayer it is. We have three segments: The standing, ruku' (bowing), and sujood (prostration). During each segment, we speak specific words of praise and glorify God, giving thanks and asking for guidance and mercy. We can recite any chapter we wish from the Qur'an during the standing segment, but we have to begin with a certain one called "The Opening", or "Al-Fatiha". The differences in the prayers are the number of repetitions, or rakaat, that we perform, as well as the recommended length of recitation to be made during each prayer.

When the prayer is over, we say dua (supplications) if we wish to. This is where we can ask God for money, children, whatever aid we might need or wishes we might have, and pray for our friends and family as well in our own words. Dua is considered very powerful, and is called "The weapon of the believer". :)
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options

Thanks for the update! Glad he's on the mend.

Mine generally stay upstairs when I work out as, I guess in their view, I'm doing weird noisy things and I'm boring. But I'm dogsitting right now so a third dog always upsets the routine and my girl decided to come down and hang out while I was deadlifting -- although she realized she wasn't going to get any attention and took off pretty quick. Then the visiting dog came downstairs to get in my face (literally) just as I was lying on my back on the floor doing my hamstring stretches.

It's probably best that mine don't figure out there are times when I'm down at floor level and am fair game.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Confession - I'm always checking Petfinder, even though I can't really have another pet right now (our dog hates dogs, and my cat still goes outside and I want our next cats to be indoor).
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options

8czk3gsj0195.jpg

Twist of irony, hubby works in pest control, can handle just about every type of insect/spider and rodent. He's absolutely terrified of flying bugs (bees, flies, etc), and this is busy season for "bee jobs" and the like. It's absolutely hilarious to see this grown man running around and shrieking at a fly or bee. :laugh:
    To add, he finds it funny too, and laughs at it as well. Just so I'm not sounding like an *kitten* wife lol.
    Pfft. I'm pretty good at dealing with insects. It gets very annoying having someone scream at you to get rid of a tiny zebra spider before it eats them.

• raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options

8czk3gsj0195.jpg

Pfft. I'm pretty good at dealing with insects. It gets very annoying having someone scream at you to get rid of a tiny zebra spider before it eats them.

I can't do spiders. Period. I took kiddo and nephew to the zoo last week and there was a tarantula on exhibit. Naturally, both kids wanted to see it, I had a panic attack! It can be embarrassing, but not as much as my catfish phobia (and I mean the actual fish) lol.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options

That sounds amazing. I work near a Giant so I might have to make a stop there over the weekend when I get gas.
  • BZAH10
    Options

Good! Glad he's doing better. Wonder what it was, though? Either way, playful puppy = happy, healthy puppy.
  • BZAH10
    Options

8czk3gsj0195.jpg

Funny! I will run shrieking from a bee mainly because I'm allergic, but not a fly. Goodness, what does he do at a picnic? Not making fun of him! Just a funny scenario in my head.
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options

8czk3gsj0195.jpg

I can't do spiders. Period. I took kiddo and nephew to the zoo last week and there was a tarantula on exhibit. Naturally, both kids wanted to see it, I had a panic attack! It can be embarrassing, but not as much as my catfish phobia (and I mean the actual fish) lol.

You should see me at the lake. I am constantly moving my legs, and if something brushes against me I run to the shore so fast... I'm terrified of fish touching me. Any fish.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »

Any chance you've already tried the Monster Cookie Dough ice cream? I'd love to know how it is...

Yeah I just had a few servings (put it in other days haha since I am out of calories) & it's pretty good. It has a nice peanut butter base with M&M like pieces & cookie dough pieces.

I was really bummed they didn't have the Cookie Spread ice cream since cinnamon flavored are my favorites. I can rarely ever find Ben & Jerry's Cinnamon Buns anymore.
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Confession: I am so not a morning person. But this morning I got up at 5:50 to work out! I feel great and surprisingly, I've been more awake than normal. I normally work out after work 4 days a week total, but lately I've been so tired and just want to crash. So I decided to try mornings. Now, let's see if I can make it a habit....