Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    MissLaaber wrote: »
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    @crosbylee I'm so sorry about your friend.

@Italian_Buju I can't even imagine what you went through, my heart breaks for you. And I hope your degu gets better.

@pofoster21 What a heartbreaking story as well. So sorry

Here's a confession: My husband plays games on his iPad. His newest game is Hay Day where you virtually take care of a farm. He was gone this weekend and I picked up his iPad to look something up and an alert said "your farm animals miss you" I decided I had to look in on them. I am now hooked on Hay Day. I feel ridiculous when I play and super ridiculous admitting it.

Edited: Because I didn't want to forget anyone

I'm completely addicted to Hay Day myself. I'm on level 54 now, and I've been playing for almost a year, multiple times daily! ;)

My husband teases me about it, and whenever I have my face stuck in my tab, he'll go... "Checking on your chickens again, huh?"

No need to feel ridiculous, it's an awesome stress-reliever since it's so... Brainless? Kind of like coloring for me, both are destressors. At least, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!

Thanks, that makes me feel better! I don't know how long my husband has been playing it but he's on level 20 or 21. I checked on it this morning and almost didn't get my workout in, smh. But the good news is, I'm not mindless eating after I put my daughter to bed, I'm harvesting my crops. Still..smh

When I wake up to pray my first prayer of the day (at dawn) I tend to pick up my phone and start playing it after I pray, instead of going back to sleep. Next thing I know, the sun is up and it's time to get up, but I want to sleep more after losing two solid hours (that I could have spent sleeping) playing the game and then checking this thread! :o

For Curiosity's sake I must know when are the prayers times?

They follow the sun. For clarity, I'll give you their names first: Fajr, Dhuhr, Asr, Maghrib, and Isha. :)

In the winter, I can expect Fajr to be around 5:30 AM. Currently, it's at 3:15 AM. Fajr is the prayer that's called when the first thread of light rises over the horizon and the sky begins to lighten, and the prayer time ends as soon as the sun begins to rise.

Dhuhr is the noon prayer, which is prayed right after the sun has reached its zenith, or its highest peak in the sky. The time for Dhuhr ends when the time for Asr begins. Dhuhr is around 11:30 AM right now.

Asr time begins when the sun is at a certain position in the sky (not too sure how to explain it), and can basically be measured by the time of day when the length of the shadow of a given object is equal to the length of the object itself. Asr time ends when the sun begins to turn orange-ish, but before it starts to set. At the moment, Asr prayers begin around 3:10 PM.

Maghrib time begins as soon as the sun has set completely, but the afterglow is still visible. Maghrib time ends when the afterglow is completely gone, which is when the Isha prayer begins. Maghrib currently falls at 6:30 PM in Saudi Arabia.

Isha prayer lasts until the midway point between dusk and dawn, so currently at 10:45 PM. :)

Thank you for explaining! I've always wondered but never knew how to properly bring it up without being offensive, errr if I offended you. SORRY! :)

Don't apologize! The reason so many people know so little about Islam is because they're so afraid of offending Muslims by asking. :o You're welcome to ask anything that you'd like to know, and I'm always glad to share information. The more we know about each other's cultures, religions, and customs, the less hate there would be between us all, don't you agree? :)

I agree whole heartedly! I'm always curious about world religions, I grew up Roman Catholic so our traditions are pretty basic in my opinion haha.
    I feel like part of the problem is this whole fear mongering situation with ISIS etc BUT I won't open that can of worms :)

I get so mad when it comes to ISIS and their un-Islamic, evil, twisted form of ruling. They're what the world immediately thinks of when the word "Muslim" comes up nowadays AND I HATE THAT SO MUCH. :'( And I have to admit that I bear a hefty amount of resentment towards the Saudi government for the same reason... All idiots, and all representing the millions and millions of Muslims worldwide. Just so.. UGH. -_-

You. I respect. You're so correct!

And I'm not even a liberal Muslim! ;) (I hate that term) But seriously, I feel like everyone thinks that only the so-called liberal Muslims think that ISIS are evil. :-/ My mother-in-law is a Deen (Islamic Studies) teacher, and she knows they're evil and condemns them. My sister is an extremely religious Muslim who covers her face, and she knows it, too, and condemns them. I'm a fully practicing, covering Muslim and I condemn them with every iota of my being, along with any other act of terrorism. Muslims aren't evil, and it makes me sad that so many people don't know that almost exclusively because of stupid ISIS and the idiotic Saudi government. :(

Star fact: ISIS is now blowing up Muslim mosques here in Saudi Arabia. The one they tried to blow up last Friday is thirty minutes away from my house. Because apparently they don't like their definition of Islam. :-/

That has to be so frightening for you sometimes. Be safe!

It's horribly scary to me, because my husband attends Friday prayers at the mosque every week. :( So far, they've blown up one mosque and two guys died keeping the suicide bomber out of the one they attempted last Friday, saving everyone else in the process.

We're being as safe as we can! :)

That sounds super scary and stressful. I am Catholic and I can't imagine feeling that kind of stress during confession or Mass. I'm just...I don't know. It's so different and I want everyone to be able to pray and worship without fear. I'm praying for you if that's OK.

All prayers are good prayers, we all believe in the same God. :)

Can I ask? You mentioned that the first prayer was at about 3:15am at the moment. Do you set an alarm to wake up for that, or do you sleep on a different timetable so that the prayers fit into your waking hours? Do you go back to sleep afterwards?

As you can probably tell, I love my sleep and am very precious about making sure I get enough ;)

I set an alarm, and I regret to inform you that I do sometimes just switch it off and fall asleep again, because I'm both lazy and human. ;) I do try to get to bed on time so that I can avoid falling back to sleep without praying, though.

I do tend to go back to sleep afterward (because I love sleep), but very religious Muslims like my sister use the hours before sunrise for remembrance, recitation, and praise, which is recommended in Islam. She also wakes up one hour BEFORE Fajr for voluntary night prayers, which are some of the most rewarded prayers in our religion, after the obligatory ones.

Islam is considered to be a way of life instead of a religion, and we have recommendations (not necessarily obligations) for almost everything we do in life, and waking up at Fajr and going to sleep directly after Isha is one of them, but I love sleep too much to do that, to be honest. ;)
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    Apologies for the binge posting, but I am now caught up. I tried doing the multi-quote thing once before, so there was only one post from me, but then i lost all the posts i quoted and replied to before i could hit send.

Gonna ask you all for a little advice. I go to the gym daily and mostly i tend to do cardio (treadmill) stuff, because i really like the high calorie burns my HRM gives me. But i need to do some strength stuff. I don't really know where to start and i'm too shy to ask. I thought I'd buy the NROLFW and see if i could do that. What do you think? What do you guys do?

I highly recommend the Spartacus DVDs offered through Men's Health & Women's health.

They are fast-paced circuit training, each move has 4 variants from easy to hard. My wife & I do the workouts together, and they are great - fast moving (40 sec on, 20 sec off, sometimes 30 on, 30 off) so you get your sweat on, yet you use dumbbells for strength & toning.

I think we paid like 50 bucks for 7 different workouts. We've already gotten our money's worth & then some!

(no I don't work for Spartacus) 8)

Thanks for mentioning these - I need to look into this. Unfortunately the TV in our weight room isn't DVD compatible, but surely I can track down an unused DVD player somewhere.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,406 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    I'm not enjoying my Hula Hoops. They aren't quite how I remember them. Pretty sure by making them 'healthier' they have ruined the flavour. B*stards.

Did you remember to stick one on the end of each finger and eat them one at a time that way? Because they don't taste good unless you do that. Fact of life.

I did! They don't fit the way they used to when I was five though. Now they just balance on the tips of my fingers. lol
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    I did go to the gym. Am now home in a foul snappy mood, God knows why.

Oh and I ate two pop tarts on the way home. When I knew the casserole in the slow cooker would be ready. Go me! /Sarcasm

Oh dear... TOM? I get rally pissed off at the world the day or so before. I bite everyone's heads off. I used to cry hysterically before. Now I just get in a total rage. I have to step away when I do that. I can hear it on calls and I have even gotten off my horses in the past when I realized I was in a foul mood because of that, as I have ZERO patience. I get over it in a day or so.

No, I don't have TOM, as I'm on the injection to spare me all the pain and mess, although I wish I had it to blame binges/moods on

Neither do I. I had a procedure done years ago to eliminate all of that nonsense, but I do still get the mood swings. I ignore them because I refuse to let them control me, but if I really pay attention I could still tell when during the month it should be happening. Just to say, blame the moods anyway!

Yanno, i have been wondering recently if i still had the hormonal surges that would result in the moods/food cravings and kinda dismissed it as yet another excuse, but as you've said you experience, maybe there is something in it.

I'm on the injection (depo) and I definitely still get the hormonal surges. Excessive hunger, carb cravings, depression, and even pimples (ugh).

Yeah me too! I take depo to control uterine tumers and every month around the same time my daughter has her TOM I want to eat all the sugar in the world....

Ugh, for me it's bread. All bread of every type. Even the cheap ones that just taste icky alone, which I only buy because they're low calorie and I stuff burgers into them. -_-

As for the spam, I'm catching up and don't know if anyone replied, but if you've been flagged there will be a number next to the "flag" button at the bottom of your comment. The number corresponds to the amount of times you've been flagged. If you actually click the flag button, you can see if it was flagged for abuse or for spam. :)
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Dnarules wrote: »
    Dnarules wrote: »
    I confess that I watched the sixth season premiere of Pretty Little Liars last night & want to know who the 'supposed' big A is already!

We're watching it tonight. We buy it on Amazon because we don't have proper cable.

It was pretty creepy.

Toby as a cop is freaking hilarious!

I enjoyed it. It was pretty suspenseful. I wish Caleb would grow his hair out again :). And I still can't get used to Toby as a cop. My almost 50 year old husband is the most addicted, if you can believe that.

It's funny that when Caleb had long hair he somewhat looked like a younger Johnny Depp & now with his short hair he looks like Joshua Jackson. He looks like he could play an older version of Josh's character from the Mighty Ducks.

I love to go on IMDB every now & then & read who everyone thinks A is going to be & what their theories are.
  • BZAH10
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Oh look a double post.

LOL ;)

I'm beginning to think that MFP is 'targeting' you with such as its own unique way of 'giving a shout out' to your twins... :)

(...either that, or the site is somehow engaging in a somewhat random form of tennis-like whatnot 'with' various posts (perhaps as a means by which to render posting a 'sport' of some kind...? (if so, the site would seem to be hellbent on helping you 'turn pro'... lol ;p )))

Oh, probably true! That is funny.
  • BZAH10
    Options
    I confess that even though I have very little money to spare this week, I'd very much like to go shopping for some new workout clothes because I know they'll make me feel better about my body and my progress thus far. I'm fully aware of how sad it is that I have to rely on material goods to make me feel better about my progress, but I've been struggling a lot lately.

Wow, you have made amazing progress! Not sure where you are, but the Xersion brand of workout wear at JC Penny is reasonably priced (look at the clearance racks first) and Danskin at Wal-Mart is also good. Definitely get some form fitting workout gear (such as in your picture) that makes you feel great. You deserve it!

Thank you! I think my main issue (mentally) is that I thought (stupidly) when I got down to my goal weight I would have this amazing body, which I don't. I'm lifting weights and debating either doing a bulk/cut cycle or doing a recomp, but I'm currently very unhappy with how I look. I think your idea of getting form fitting workout gear might help a bit! Thanks for the tips on where to look!

Um, I'm looking at your picture. What is there to be unhappy about?! Obviously, you don't have to share if you don't want to, but you already look great in form-fitting workout wear!
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    I’m always way behind you guys. Here are some consolidated responses. 
    It took me three WHOLE DAYS, but I caught up the 2,300ish posts I missed whilst busy over the late part of last week/the weekend/most of monday.
    Geesh people

I’m VERY impressed!

Tubbs216 wrote: »
    I hear you on the inflexible. Me at yoga is hilarious.

I would like to try yoga but I think I would look ridiculous at my size. I think it might be good for my knees and help rehabilitate them.

I'm so sorry to hear that you're struggling. :( I've had a terrible last few days, but I feel like I've perked up some today. I'm almost back to normal, and it feels so liberating and just amazing! That "depression is receding" feeling is such a relief, and I'm hoping you feel it soon. :) Sending you good vibes and lots of support. :)

Thank you so much! I’m really glad you are doing better! You deserve it. You are such a nice person on here.

I am really sad tonight

OMG I am so sorry! This makes me really sad as well. All the stories on here about pets are making me sad.

1,600 new posts.
    Yep, sorry folks... not going to be able to catch up on all of those :tongue: I FINALLY quit a job that has been killing me for the past two years, and now I want to stay completely clear of restaurants (working there, that is). My work visa is expiring since I'm about to graduate, and now I feel somewhat free! Now it's time for me to apply for another work visa :neutral:

Good luck! Glad you got out of a job that wasn’t good for you.

• kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    I am taking my little boy in to the vets in an hour to be put down. I know its the right thing to do, the vet agreed, yet I feel terribly guilty and still am wondering if I am making a mistake....

I know things like this get better with time, but right now it feels like my heart has been ripped out and stomped and I don't know how I will ever recover...

R.I.P. little rodent boy

I'm so sorry..:( He will be so much better off...and ultimately you will too..even though it doesn't feel that way now. You won't have to stress out leaving him to go to work each day and wondering what you are coming home to.
    Hang in there. <3
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I wanted to throw my two cents in re GoT. I loved the books and the series does not do it justice. I refused to watch the series for three seasons but then hubby (who hasn't read the books) said it was time. I am livid that story lines are being left out and, in the case of this season, are being changed all together. But I guess you have to make concessions when you are trying to cram a 700 page book into 10 one hour episodes.

I enjoy the series, but I try to look at it as it's own thing with the same cast of characters, because there are definitely things I'm annoyed by (and some I like more).

Also, I'm totally holding out for Stoneheart even though everyone is swearing they dropped the storyline. I refuse to accept it!

b]POSSIBLE SPOILER[/b I read something that leads me to believe that Sansa may be merged with the Stoneheart storyline. I've seen it multiple places, here's one: http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2015/05/31/how-game-of-thrones-could-reveal-stoneheart-after-all-in-this-years-finale/
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    I'm not enjoying my Hula Hoops. They aren't quite how I remember them. Pretty sure by making them 'healthier' they have ruined the flavour. B*stards.

So here a Hula hoop is a toy, but they have no flavor...what is one there?

:lol: Yea it's a toy over here as well, but also a crisp.

Hula_Hoops_Snack_Original.jpg

Not as nice as they used to be though :disappointed:

Those look yum! But I'm sorry the flavor isn't as good boooo :(
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    Sorry to hear you're struggling. Hope tomorrow is better for you.

Thank you. It means a lot to me. I currently have a broken heart.

I hate complaining because everyone goes through times like this so I’m trying to be strong.

Ugh I'm so sorry that is the worst, I know the feeling. I hope things go okay for you- positive thoughts your way!
  • BZAH10
    Options
    I covet my neighbors cheese cake...

Well, the neighborly thing for them to do is offer you a slice, right?
  • BZAH10
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    I wanted to throw my two cents in re GoT. I loved the books and the series does not do it justice. I refused to watch the series for three seasons but then hubby (who hasn't read the books) said it was time. I am livid that story lines are being left out and, in the case of this season, are being changed all together. But I guess you have to make concessions when you are trying to cram a 700 page book into 10 one hour episodes.
    In our house we call GoT 'Sex and Stabbing', because that covers about 90% of it.
    LMAO :)

Although this season (I've only watched the first three episodes) seems to be lots of boring talk.
    ...from 'Sex and Stabbing'... to 'Syllables and Snoring'... but always -- Sinister Secrets and Surreptitious Sabotage (because GoT isn't GoT without Serpentine Storytelling, Stunning Surprises, and Stymied Starks)... ;)

(...hey, someone should do a GoT version of the 'Got Milk?' campaign (as promotional bits for the show) -- except instead of milk, it'd be blood (Got GoT? (<--- it ends up being a multi-layered pun, to boot (bonus!)))... ;) )

every time you post, the instant image that pops in my head is V from V for Vendetta. do you own a cape? you should wear a cape :)

Oooooh, yes, a CAPE! A cape would be very fitting.
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    I covet my neighbors cheese cake...

Well, the neighborly thing for them to do is offer you a slice, right?

You crack me up seriously!
  • xMrBunglex
    xMrBunglex Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    Apologies for the binge posting, but I am now caught up. I tried doing the multi-quote thing once before, so there was only one post from me, but then i lost all the posts i quoted and replied to before i could hit send.

Gonna ask you all for a little advice. I go to the gym daily and mostly i tend to do cardio (treadmill) stuff, because i really like the high calorie burns my HRM gives me. But i need to do some strength stuff. I don't really know where to start and i'm too shy to ask. I thought I'd buy the NROLFW and see if i could do that. What do you think? What do you guys do?

I highly recommend the Spartacus DVDs offered through Men's Health & Women's health.

They are fast-paced circuit training, each move has 4 variants from easy to hard. My wife & I do the workouts together, and they are great - fast moving (40 sec on, 20 sec off, sometimes 30 on, 30 off) so you get your sweat on, yet you use dumbbells for strength & toning.

I think we paid like 50 bucks for 7 different workouts. We've already gotten our money's worth & then some!

(no I don't work for Spartacus) 8)

Thanks for mentioning these - I need to look into this. Unfortunately the TV in our weight room isn't DVD compatible, but surely I can track down an unused DVD player somewhere.

Forgot to add that the workouts are quick - 3 are 20 minutes, and the other 4 are 28-33 minutes. Great for just cranking one out when you get from work & getting it done!

We have an old TV & a dirt cheap DVD player in the workout room, just for this purpose. A laptop would work just as well though...

• BZAH10
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    Sorry to hear you're struggling. Hope tomorrow is better for you.

Thank you. It means a lot to me. I currently have a broken heart.

I hate complaining because everyone goes through times like this so I’m trying to be strong.

I'm sorry. Feel free to vent here. That's what we're all here for. No need to hide your feelings or try to dismiss them. They are valid no matter what anyone else goes through.
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    @KylerJaye This is probably really random, but it occurred to me last night that I somehow missed replying to all of your sweet posts to me about my depression and anxiety, and I just wanted to send you a big thank you for all of them. Your words were so kind. :) (A big thanks to anyone else who I somehow missed quoting personally!)

@Italian_Buju I'm so sorry about your degu. :( All of our pets have died naturally, so thankfully I've never had to feel the pain of making that decision for them.

Confession: I'm really tired today, and I haven't had enough sleep, so I'm being a whiney baby and also craving everything. We went to the supermarket and I swear I was like a five-year-old. I asked my husband to keep me away from things because I was tired and my will power was weak, but I was pointing every two seconds and saying... "Can I have that? How about that? Can I have that? Okay, okay, moving on... Oooh, CHEESECAKE! Can I have it?!" ;)

Unrelated confession: It makes me really annoyed when people who can't afford to splurge go and spend all their money on unnecessary things. Obviously it's their life, but it takes me back to childhood because that was my mom to a tee, and all of us kids went hungry because of it. All the time. It's also made me very frugal, and I hate spending money on myself for anything I feel is unnecessary--the horrible guilt that I feel when I spend money on myself (even when I can easily afford it) is worse than the joy of owning something new that I wanted.

Confession #3: I'm really not sure whether I can stay in my calorie goal today. I'm craving the world. But I'm trying!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Today is my anniversary and I confess that I am sad that this means I won't be able to go on my weekly bike ride with my girls bike group.

My husband is the best about anniversaries, birthdays, etc. Last year, he had the high school art teacher help him make me a soup bowl. It says "Soup for my Soulmate". I love it! I tell myself every year I'm going to start shopping early and find him the perfect gift. It never happens. I ended up buying him a ceramic statue at the garden center. He deserves so much better!
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    I did go to the gym. Am now home in a foul snappy mood, God knows why.

Oh and I ate two pop tarts on the way home. When I knew the casserole in the slow cooker would be ready. Go me! /Sarcasm

Oh dear... TOM? I get rally pissed off at the world the day or so before. I bite everyone's heads off. I used to cry hysterically before. Now I just get in a total rage. I have to step away when I do that. I can hear it on calls and I have even gotten off my horses in the past when I realized I was in a foul mood because of that, as I have ZERO patience. I get over it in a day or so.

No, I don't have TOM, as I'm on the injection to spare me all the pain and mess, although I wish I had it to blame binges/moods on

Neither do I. I had a procedure done years ago to eliminate all of that nonsense, but I do still get the mood swings. I ignore them because I refuse to let them control me, but if I really pay attention I could still tell when during the month it should be happening. Just to say, blame the moods anyway!

Yanno, i have been wondering recently if i still had the hormonal surges that would result in the moods/food cravings and kinda dismissed it as yet another excuse, but as you've said you experience, maybe there is something in it.

I'm on the injection (depo) and I definitely still get the hormonal surges. Excessive hunger, carb cravings, depression, and even pimples (ugh).

Wow, THIS got flagged as spam? I must have spammy pimples. ;)

I'm wondering who flagged it! Or, if it was accidental or something because that's just ridiculous. Although we would not have heard the phrase "spammy pimples" otherwise, so maybe we should thank whomever flagged it?

Thank you! ;) After making that comment, I told my husband... "My pimples really ARE spammy. They spam me all over my face!" ;)