Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• 52cardpickup
    52cardpickup Posts: 379 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    I confess that even though I have very little money to spare this week, I'd very much like to go shopping for some new workout clothes because I know they'll make me feel better about my body and my progress thus far. I'm fully aware of how sad it is that I have to rely on material goods to make me feel better about my progress, but I've been struggling a lot lately.

Wow, you have made amazing progress! Not sure where you are, but the Xersion brand of workout wear at JC Penny is reasonably priced (look at the clearance racks first) and Danskin at Wal-Mart is also good. Definitely get some form fitting workout gear (such as in your picture) that makes you feel great. You deserve it!

Thank you! I think my main issue (mentally) is that I thought (stupidly) when I got down to my goal weight I would have this amazing body, which I don't. I'm lifting weights and debating either doing a bulk/cut cycle or doing a recomp, but I'm currently very unhappy with how I look. I think your idea of getting form fitting workout gear might help a bit! Thanks for the tips on where to look!

Um, I'm looking at your picture. What is there to be unhappy about?! Obviously, you don't have to share if you don't want to, but you already look great in form-fitting workout wear!

My front, mainly. I have loose skin on my stomach, and my breast are "deflated" (not much I can do about that, I realize). My doctor switched my medication in April, which caused very rapid last 10 pound weight loss, resulting in a higher body fat percentage than I'd like, even though I'm at my goal weight. I lost a lot of the muscle I'd worked hard to build, and gained a bunch of loose skin and stretch marks. I'm hoping those go away, but I'm feeling pretty insecure at the moment.

ETA: I was going slow and steady with the weight loss after I had my son (roughly 70 pounds over the course of 2.5 years or so) while lifting weights and preserving my muscle, so the last ten pounds lost quickly over the course of the last month really took a toll on me.
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    I have been asked multiple times if I'm pregnant. I respond, "No, I'm just fat."

I laugh to play down the comment, but really, it hurts my feelings. I'm trying to lose midsection weight, but it's really hard to do once it's there.

Next time, just look at them, blank faced, and say, "wow, you must be really embarrassed that you just said that out loud."

I love that response so much! I wish I were that quick-thinking. I find people lose their intimacy filter in general towards pregnant women. If anyone tries touching my belly uninvited, I will touch theirs back and see how they like it. Or perhaps invite them to fondle my husbands testes, since they also played an important part in this pregnancy.

I have seen the over touchy with pregnant women in action and as someone who doesn't like being touched ever, I am not a fan. Your response right there is fabulous and made me crack up. :D

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    I confess that I watched the sixth season premiere of Pretty Little Liars last night & want to know who the 'supposed' big A is already!

Me too! I'm not sure why I'm still hooked on that show.. I get so frustrated that it's dragging on and on but I still need to watch!

I watch it pretty much off & on since the seasons were dragging with no answers & the Ezra/Aria scenes were driving me crazy. I was hoping that Ezra would either get killed off or be the big A. Since it doesn't seem that Ezra will be the big A I hope it's someone like Wren, Melissa, or Jason.
  • Harlequin1983
    Harlequin1983 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I went hiking this weekend and when i jumped over a
    Log, and landed with both feet on the ground, and didnt fall or trip, my arm fat gave me a round of applause!
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    Today is my anniversary and I confess that I am sad that this means I won't be able to go on my weekly bike ride with my girls bike group.

My husband is the best about anniversaries, birthdays, etc. Last year, he had the high school art teacher help him make me a soup bowl. It says "Soup for my Soulmate". I love it! I tell myself every year I'm going to start shopping early and find him the perfect gift. It never happens. I ended up buying him a ceramic statue at the garden center. He deserves so much better!
    Awwe, that's so sweet. Yours sounds like a great gift too.
    My husband has got better at gifts over the years, but I have had some real doozies (set of home phones for my 40th, for example :| ). I've got much better at saying "For my birthday, if you'd like to get me a present, I'd really love X". Or I tell my daughter. She's very good at relaying 'hints' and he's relieved because he can get something he knows I'll like.

ETA: I'm excited because I've ordered him a GoPro camera for his birthday, which he's wanted for ages. Hope I got the right one! I ordered from Costco, so it will be ok to return it if it's wrong.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    I did go to the gym. Am now home in a foul snappy mood, God knows why.

Oh and I ate two pop tarts on the way home. When I knew the casserole in the slow cooker would be ready. Go me! /Sarcasm

Oh dear... TOM? I get rally pissed off at the world the day or so before. I bite everyone's heads off. I used to cry hysterically before. Now I just get in a total rage. I have to step away when I do that. I can hear it on calls and I have even gotten off my horses in the past when I realized I was in a foul mood because of that, as I have ZERO patience. I get over it in a day or so.

No, I don't have TOM, as I'm on the injection to spare me all the pain and mess, although I wish I had it to blame binges/moods on

Neither do I. I had a procedure done years ago to eliminate all of that nonsense, but I do still get the mood swings. I ignore them because I refuse to let them control me, but if I really pay attention I could still tell when during the month it should be happening. Just to say, blame the moods anyway!

Yanno, i have been wondering recently if i still had the hormonal surges that would result in the moods/food cravings and kinda dismissed it as yet another excuse, but as you've said you experience, maybe there is something in it.

I'm on the injection (depo) and I definitely still get the hormonal surges. Excessive hunger, carb cravings, depression, and even pimples (ugh).

Wow, THIS got flagged as spam? I must have spammy pimples. ;)

I'm wondering who flagged it! Or, if it was accidental or something because that's just ridiculous. Although we would not have heard the phrase "spammy pimples" otherwise, so maybe we should thank whomever flagged it?

HA!
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Today is my anniversary and I confess that I am sad that this means I won't be able to go on my weekly bike ride with my girls bike group.

My husband is the best about anniversaries, birthdays, etc. Last year, he had the high school art teacher help him make me a soup bowl. It says "Soup for my Soulmate". I love it! I tell myself every year I'm going to start shopping early and find him the perfect gift. It never happens. I ended up buying him a ceramic statue at the garden center. He deserves so much better!
    Awwe, that's so sweet. Yours sounds like a great gift too.
    My husband has got better at gifts over the years, but I have had some real doozies (set of home phones for my 40th, for example :| ). I've got much better at saying "For my birthday, if you'd like to get me a present, I'd really love X". Or I tell my daughter. She's very good at relaying 'hints' and he's relieved because he can get something he knows I'll like.

My husband is amazing at picking gifts for me. I, on the other hand, am the worst gift giver on the planet. Seriously. I always default to perfume because I just can't think of anything else... Even if I know the person really well! :-/ I'm just really, really bad at it. :(
  • Kalici
    Options
    I cannot do jumping jacks or many other kind of exercise because the motion makes me.. well.. for some reason I can't control my bladder it seems when jumping up and down. And it always embarrasses me and annoys the hell out of me, because I wish I could jump rope in my backyard to improve my endurance.. sigh. Cry.

Apparently this isn't as uncommon as you might think. Have you talked to your doctor about it or tried kegels?
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    I confess that I watched the sixth season premiere of Pretty Little Liars last night & want to know who the 'supposed' big A is already!

Me too! I'm not sure why I'm still hooked on that show.. I get so frustrated that it's dragging on and on but I still need to watch!

I got angry after last season and cut myself off cold turkey- they've dragged it out way too long I can't handle it!

The show went downhill when they focused on the whole stupid Maya/Nate storyline that had absolutely nothing to do with the mystery (some people think she could be alive). I've heard the show is at least a little different from the books (I haven't read them since I heard they're pretty much garbage). A coworker said it would be funny if the whole town is A.
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    I covet my neighbors cheese cake...

Well, the neighborly thing for them to do is offer you a slice, right?

You crack me up seriously!

Thanks! And your picture is SO cute! You too look really good together.
  • BZAH10
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    Apologies for the binge posting, but I am now caught up. I tried doing the multi-quote thing once before, so there was only one post from me, but then i lost all the posts i quoted and replied to before i could hit send.

Gonna ask you all for a little advice. I go to the gym daily and mostly i tend to do cardio (treadmill) stuff, because i really like the high calorie burns my HRM gives me. But i need to do some strength stuff. I don't really know where to start and i'm too shy to ask. I thought I'd buy the NROLFW and see if i could do that. What do you think? What do you guys do?

I highly recommend the Spartacus DVDs offered through Men's Health & Women's health.

They are fast-paced circuit training, each move has 4 variants from easy to hard. My wife & I do the workouts together, and they are great - fast moving (40 sec on, 20 sec off, sometimes 30 on, 30 off) so you get your sweat on, yet you use dumbbells for strength & toning.

I think we paid like 50 bucks for 7 different workouts. We've already gotten our money's worth & then some!

(no I don't work for Spartacus) 8)

Thanks for mentioning these - I need to look into this. Unfortunately the TV in our weight room isn't DVD compatible, but surely I can track down an unused DVD player somewhere.

Forgot to add that the workouts are quick - 3 are 20 minutes, and the other 4 are 28-33 minutes. Great for just cranking one out when you get from work & getting it done!

We have an old TV & a dirt cheap DVD player in the workout room, just for this purpose. A laptop would work just as well though...

That's exactly what I need to do.
  • Kalici
    Options
    I am taking my little boy in to the vets in an hour to be put down. I know its the right thing to do, the vet agreed, yet I feel terribly guilty and still am wondering if I am making a mistake....

I know things like this get better with time, but right now it feels like my heart has been ripped out and stomped and I don't know how I will ever recover...

R.I.P. little rodent boy

I am so sorry. That situation sucks no matter what and I know I probably cannot talk you out of feeling guilty, but I don't think you should. You're helping him feel better and that is a good thing.

• BZAH10
    Options
    I miss one day because of a sick kiddo and I'm 21 pages behind! WTH? She's fine, just an upset belly and one of those; you can't return to daycare for 24 hours...even though she doesn't have any symptoms.

Glad your daughter doesn't have anything serious. I'm pretty much on here all day at work and I STILL cannot keep up! I love this thread, but it really is time consuming.
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    I am taking my little boy in to the vets in an hour to be put down. I know its the right thing to do, the vet agreed, yet I feel terribly guilty and still am wondering if I am making a mistake....

I know things like this get better with time, but right now it feels like my heart has been ripped out and stomped and I don't know how I will ever recover...

R.I.P. little rodent boy

Don't feel guilty. Like someone else said, this is a loving thing to do for him since he is in pain. (I would like to have someone make the same choice for me someday if it came down to that).

And I don't think he was just a rodent. I have tiny little aquatic frogs that no one else probably thinks of as much but to me they are my boys and I love them.

I feel so bad for you (I've been there too). Remember him and take care of yourself. I know it hurts. I wish I could do something to make it better. :'(
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    @crosbylee I'm so sorry about your friend.

@Italian_Buju I can't even imagine what you went through, my heart breaks for you. And I hope your degu gets better.

@pofoster21 What a heartbreaking story as well. So sorry

Here's a confession: My husband plays games on his iPad. His newest game is Hay Day where you virtually take care of a farm. He was gone this weekend and I picked up his iPad to look something up and an alert said "your farm animals miss you" I decided I had to look in on them. I am now hooked on Hay Day. I feel ridiculous when I play and super ridiculous admitting it.

Edited: Because I didn't want to forget anyone

I'm completely addicted to Hay Day myself. I'm on level 54 now, and I've been playing for almost a year, multiple times daily! ;)

My husband teases me about it, and whenever I have my face stuck in my tab, he'll go... "Checking on your chickens again, huh?"

No need to feel ridiculous, it's an awesome stress-reliever since it's so... Brainless? Kind of like coloring for me, both are destressors. At least, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!

I confess that I used to play Farmville & actually paid money for FVC LOL! I stopped playing when they had around 6-10 farms & it felt more like a job than a game.

I quit when they introduced the second farm. I wasn't happy with that at all... wanted to improve my farm, not have another one.

I don't mind paying a bit of money though, I mean I pay for games I like for my computer/PS4, so I don't find anything wrong with it... but when all the nice stuff would cost you $100 every month... no thanks!

I had the full series of Friends on tape.

I remember there were people that spent around thousands of dollars or more on FV. I hated that when they became the most greediest almost everything seemed to cost actual money & the things that were coins cost millions or you needed tons of neighbors to get buildings finished.

I love the games were you can add neighbors if you want but don't need them to play or advance to the next level.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I started gymnastics classes three weeks ago. I'm a 38 year old male. I now ache all the time! In my smallish town the next oldest gymnastics student is 17.

I think that is awesome! Go, you!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    Have totally blown it today. I allowed myself to eat an entire small pizza and finish off the last half of a pint of gelato. I have no need to eat again for another day.

Is that a JJ Watt jersey in your pic?!? I've said it in this thread before, LOVE me some JJ Watt!!!
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options

What an awesome gift!

I'm super hard to buy for because if I like something, I just buy it for myself. And, realistically, there's absolutely nothing that I NEED. I feel kinda bad for my SO in that regard. My only instructions to him are, "Don't buy me kitchen appliances or jewelry".

But he's just as hard to buy gifts for, for the same reason. Most of the things he wants are really specialized trade tools, totally out of my realm of knowledge. At least he's willing to add items to the Amazon wishlist so I have some ideas.
  • qn4bx9pzg8aifd
    qn4bx9pzg8aifd Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    I wanted to throw my two cents in re GoT. I loved the books and the series does not do it justice. I refused to watch the series for three seasons but then hubby (who hasn't read the books) said it was time. I am livid that story lines are being left out and, in the case of this season, are being changed all together. But I guess you have to make concessions when you are trying to cram a 700 page book into 10 one hour episodes.
    In our house we call GoT 'Sex and Stabbing', because that covers about 90% of it.
    LMAO :)

Although this season (I've only watched the first three episodes) seems to be lots of boring talk.
    ...from 'Sex and Stabbing'... to 'Syllables and Snoring'... but always -- Sinister Secrets and Surreptitious Sabotage (because GoT isn't GoT without Serpentine Storytelling, Stunning Surprises, and Stymied Starks)... ;)

(...hey, someone should do a GoT version of the 'Got Milk?' campaign (as promotional bits for the show) -- except instead of milk, it'd be blood (Got GoT? (<--- it ends up being a multi-layered pun, to boot (bonus!)))... ;) )

every time you post, the instant image that pops in my head is V from V for Vendetta. do you own a cape? you should wear a cape :)

LOL :)

Nay, nary a cape (<--- hey, the strung-together sound of that 3-word, 4-syllable sequence would make for a great 'shire'-like name, for some random fantasy world -like bit o' fictionaria ;) (Naryacape, home of the Naryacape-ians (and setting for the soon-to-be-released action film "Escape from Naryacape" ;p )) can be found nestled about my neck (let alone, flowing down my backside, and flapping in the breeze, near my behind, as though a flag had been planted in my torso (which is *such* a disgusting thought, now that I hear those words march across my mind, after so innocently having exited my tinkle-tapping fingertips (*tinkle*-tapping? -- I didn't mean to imply that words escape my fingertips akin to pee exiting a body (in case that wasn't clear ;) ))...

...however... all that being said (and it was a lot!)...

...*were* I to wear a cape (let alone, a freaky frickin' mask (and the kind with a perpetually donned, creepy smile (you know, like V from V for Vendetta ;p )), I should fancy a bit o' decoration (if I do say so, myself (besides, who *else* would I say it as?! ;) ))... and would likely find myself (after looking high and low, for *me* ;p ) preferring a giant letter "V" on my caped backside (and not for the purpose of attempting any 'sleight of hand' (or, 'sleight of back', as it were :) ), in having said V-plastered cape perform optical illusionary magic, by 'painting' artificially enhanced lats in place of my otherwise non-lat-spectacle(d) back (which is not to say that my lats typically wear glasses, mind you ;p )...

...the big ole "V" would stand for -- { Vim, vigor, vivid, verve, vitality, vivacity, vibrance, valiance, vanguard, variable, veracity, verbal, vocal, volution, veritable vortex, and victorious vanquishing } -- and the sight of my V-addled cape flitting about would spell trouble to 'words without frontiers...' (with apologies to Peter Gabriel)... and in case it isn't clear (as though anything I've just said even remotely approaches being any such thing ;) ), I have decided on my caped crusading moniker (good gravy, *now* I need to create a frickin' Press Release! (will this *ever* end?! :) ))...

...and I am...

...The Word Sherpa... ;p

<< floomp! >> (<--- that was me -- after bullfighter-izingly 'brandishing' my cape, and flinging it into the air (as though ineptly tossing a bunch of annealed-together confetti), and then... with an 'off-she-goes, in-a-flash!' bit of cartoonishly rendered, wispy smoke -lingering -esque 'after-effect' being the only remnant of my presence, in the wake of my zooming to the next 'stop', on my Playful Parade of Paragraphic Parody and Preposterous-icity 'Tour' (coming soon, to a post near you! ;) )...)

:blush:
  • Kalici
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    Kalici wrote: »
    I am 80 calories over today, but because I did a full real push-up I am pretty pleased with myself. :)

Yay! That's awesome. I keep trying, keep failing at doing a real full push up. I kinda hate push ups :)

Thank you! :) When I first tried doing them I just kept failing. I had to build up to it slowly. I first did push-ups using the wall and worked my way through lower and lower surfaces (counter, tub, stair). Maybe that would work for you as well?